As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Grinch [chat]

Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready.We Hunt.Registered User regular
edited December 2020 in Debate and/or Discourse
Bogart put down a mandate for the next [chat] to be Christmas-y. So...

:whistle:
You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch
You really are a heel...
:whistle:

4c999e38b42c145b711ea5cb53c2583a.jpg

https://youtu.be/tWFaP1tkGgM

Which aspect of the Grinch are you, fellow [chat]ters?

EDIT: [chat]'s ecumenical Spotify playlist:
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/10Fq6iOnbp2VdRgH1nshbT?si=A9bDJmVpT8W6Pu20qA_-rA

8i1dt37buh2m.png
Hahnsoo1 on

Grinch [chat] 70 votes

Cuddly as a Cactus, Charming as an Eel
7%
DarkPrimusIncenjucarwanderingemnmnmecredeiki 5 votes
Brain is full of Spiders, Garlic in your Soul
35%
MrMisterQuidRear Admiral ChocoKid PresentableRed RaevynRhesus PositiveCasual EddyArchEtiowsaronyaOrcadavidsdurions21stCenturynavgooseNecoknitdanKanaBSoBzagdrobcB557 25 votes
All the Tender Sweetness of a Seasick Crocodile
10%
HappylilElfVishNubTcheldorzekebeauLucedesStyrofoam SammichSummaryJudgment 7 votes
Heart is full of Unwashed Socks, Soul full of Gunk
7%
ElendilAtomikaAlazullTicaldfjamYoshisummons 5 votes
Heart's a Dead Tomato Splotch with Moldy Purple Spots
5%
DoodmannjmcdonaldDemonStaceyIlpala 4 votes
Crooked Jerky Jockey, Drive a Crooked Horse
10%
Evil MultifariousHi I'm Vee!AiouaCaptain InertiaChanusSolomaxwell6Alexandier 7 votes
Your Heart Grew Three Sizes in one day, causing Cardiac Arrest
8%
MulysaSemproniusRedTideLoserForHireXHahnsoo1EddyDark Raven X 6 votes
Chanus
15%
ElldrenAldoAegisBrodyZilla360MimHonkPowerpuppiesWinkySleepzepherin 11 votes

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I'm the thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

:winky:

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    I don't know if there's anything that Quibi could have done one way or another to get my money.

I just don't want another content subscription? Between Netflix (paid) and Twitch (free) I have more than enough to watch whenever I want. And the inertia is real.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Chanus
    So as I was so rudely interrupted by the thread closing:

How was quibi marketed because I remember absolutely no marketing or ad spots for it whatsoever?

Also how do I listen to this trash panda thing?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    That video thumbnail is giving off some real "step on me, grinch" vibes.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Chanus
    There's two types of people, Scrooges and Grinches.

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    That video thumbnail is giving off some real "step on me, grinch" vibes.
    Giant Grinch Vore fetish

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Well I certainly have brain spiders.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    @desc being untethered is also useful for like walking around while on a call, whether it's a zoom call from a computer or on the phone. Or when you're in a plane seat and want to go to the bathroom—leave the headphones in/on and just get up.

It might not sound like a big deal but it's incredibly freeing when you do it. It's one of those "feels like the future" things. It's right up there with wireless controllers, which also suck to have to charge but it makes a big difference not having a cable.

Charging headphones sucks because it's one of those things we never thought needed charging, but everything needs charging these days. I actually bought a USB to 4x USB micro spider cable to add to my little charging station that already has 1 lightning, 1 apple watch, and 1 lightning/usb micro/usb c spider cable. It's nuts.

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
    Chanus
    Feral wrote: »

Ok Marcin Gortat

fuck gendered marketing
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Definitely a crooked jerky jockey

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    All the Tender Sweetness of a Seasick Crocodile
    I think at this point I have garlic in my soul and I don’t see how that’s a bad thing

VishNub on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Eels are incredibly charming.

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Buy a house in the mountains and call it The Breakers

Buy a ramshackle hut exactly like the house in Sometimes A Great Notion, call it Xanadu

Buy a mansion with 100 rooms, call it The Cabin

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Definitely a crooked jerky jockey

bröther

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    Chanus
    Like my brain is full of spiders and there’s garlic in my soul but I figure that’s just a universal experience at this point

fuck gendered marketing
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Eels are incredibly charming.

I find them appeeling

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Chanus
    Those were some very tough choices, an overall great poll, and then I saw the bottom result and well, of course.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

How was quibi marketed because I remember absolutely no marketing or ad spots for it whatsoever?

i remember seeing a commercial here and there where it didn't really give a clear idea what it was going for other than very short programming such that i just wrote it off as a second rate Youtube and never looked into it more

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    desc being untethered is also useful for like walking around while on a call, whether it's a zoom call from a computer or on the phone. Or when you're in a plane seat and want to go to the bathroom—leave the headphones in/on and just get up.

It might not sound like a big deal but it's incredibly freeing when you do it. It's one of those "feels like the future" things. It's right up there with wireless controllers, which also suck to have to charge but it makes a big difference not having a cable.

Charging headphones sucks because it's one of those things we never thought needed charging, but everything needs charging these days. I actually bought a USB to 4x USB micro spider cable to add to my little charging station that already has 1 lighting, 1 apple watch, and 1 lighting/usb micro/usb c spider cable. It's nuts.

I'm vaguely against wireless headphones (because of the fidelity!!!! and also my deeply irresponsible inability to regularly charge anything) but I broke and bought those new Sonys

I should've gotten the goddamn Senns...

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I’m Dr Seuss

I can’t perform this operation on the patient, HE’S MY SON

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    My favorite Quibi fact is that its entire executive team blamed covid for its failure.

Oh you mean this period in time when streaming entertainment saw massive, network-melting growth across the board, in all market segments: free, ad-supported, subscription, longform, shortform, prerecorded, and live.

That's what killed your business? The most friendly and forgiving market environment you could have possibly launched in?

Kamiro wrote: »

this is clearly not real as there's no way this problem exists

The problem with dressing up as The Grinch to fuck your girlfriend is that you either do a shit job at it and she's pissed or:

You lean into it and really do it well. You get a great suit and even do the makeup. You learn the smile and practice the mannerisms. You become The Grinch and seduce her and really give her the business.

Well, now you have to do it again. At the very least you've got to do it every Christmas. This isn't a one time thing.

By crossing that line you now either have to break up with her or this is a new hobby.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Chanus
    It's the twice mentioned "this is actually an incredibly common fetish" that kind of jumps the shark.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    My favorite Quibi fact is that its entire executive team blamed covid for its failure.

Oh you mean this period in time when streaming entertainment saw massive, network-melting growth across the board, in all market segments: free, ad-supported, subscription, longform, shortform, prerecorded, and live.

That's what killed your business? The most friendly and forgiving market environment you could have possibly launched in?

i suppose an inability to create new content at the start of all this mess when people hadn't really figured anything out yet could be a feasible claim to a problem

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I don't think I've seen a company reach starting up to YouTube videos about why they failed so quickly.

hey, if your lady wants to fuck the grinch, what kind of prudish dummy do you have to be to not already have an amazon cart filled with a grinch costume and a pair of fabric scissors?

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

On the first point, I have absolutely no idea, because I also had never heard of it until collapsed under the weight of the incredible volumes of venture capital it burned through

On the second, it's a podcast, pick a podcast platform (iTunes, stitcher, etc) and you should be able to just search for it

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I'm more a "You shall love your crooked neighbour / With all your crooked heart" guy

Speaking of which, I think we need to add an accent (doesn't matter what kind, but it appears everyone hates the diaeresis [the umlaut of the New Yorker]) to any vowel that is at the beginning of any syllable; no one says "crook'd", we say crookèd

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    When you edit a post it should automatically edit all the posts that have quoted you.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    The correct choice was made.

d1nctrht1ga8.png

u7stthr17eud.png
    Chanus wrote: »

i suppose an inability to create new content at the start of all this mess when people hadn't really figured anything out yet could be a feasible claim to a problem

It would be if they hadn't launched just before covid with a nice big catalogue of shows all ready to go

hey, if your lady wants to fuck the grinch, what kind of prudish dummy do you have to be to not already have an amazon cart filled with a grinch costume and a pair of fabric scissors?

The last time I bought a costume for a woman, she broke up with me the night I wore it.

Chanus

But it stopped the largely imaginary activity they assumed lots of people did that hardly anyone did because most people can’t commute via public transit and most people don’t want to be the dick in line watching some show on their phone

fuck gendered marketing
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I have ordered some new Shure earbuds to replace my old Shure earbuds

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    "Because of COVID people wouldn't have the chance to watch 10-14 minute shorts during commutes"

The irony of seeing this quote while watching a 13 minute episode of Company Man at home.

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I think the compromise position would be to kidnap the girlfriend and ravish her in front of the XMas tree, just without the costume.

Like dude, this is basically just a sexy role play, try and go with it.

If he’s not willing to at least meet her halfway then yeah this relationship is probably done p

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I hastily clicked my poll choice before noticing the last one

I fucked up

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I mean look at this eel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IQ2I-P8Ucw&ab_channel=CentralFloridaAquariumSociety-CFLAS

Super charming.

This discussion has been closed.