As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Assassin's Creed]: Mirage almost out! 10/5/23 via Ubisoft Connect, EGS (PC), and consoles

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    Granted I don't use Synin a ton but I don't think I've ever seen that behavior. Just them highlighting in white when I pulse Odin's Sight.

Well, I they show up on the map when you use Synin.

They will even highlight opals you didn’t highlight with Synin even if they don’t exist because you picked them up already and that particular opal is already marked as collected on your account.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Prohass wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Prohass wrote: »
    Yeah I’m hoping they finally refocus on some proper stealth and assassinating gameplay and missions for the next game. Even a narrative where you’re like a proper assassin, ninja, etc, would be nice. The last 3 games you’ve basically been a hero sheriff, a mercenary, and a Viking, none of which really emphasise stealth as characters

Also does it drive anyone else nuts that every single vendor that’s behind a table you can’t talk to from the other side of that table? You have to go around to talk to them. It’s like ffs play test this kind of odd shit. It’s little stuff that just adds up to be annoying

Also what’s the hook button for when fishing?

RT/R2 on controller... whatever heavy attack is on your PC layout.

Haha no I mean what does it actually do? You press A to hook the fish as far as I can tell? In the tutorial there’s no mention of it, just A

RT to hook the fish when your controller vibrates, tap A to reel the fish in once it's hooked.

Edit: RT is supposed to set the hook so you can reel. I dunno if A does both actions, I didn't start fishing until I built the hut in my settlement so I only have the onscreen prompts to go by.

Carpy on
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Ok weird I think a does both, but a never felt ver precise so I’ll try rt

• Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Hold the fuck up.

Synin is marking shit for people? Cause mine doesn't. I've been salty about it since I started playing.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Hold the fuck up.

Synin is marking shit for people? Cause mine doesn't. I've been salty about it since I started playing.

It doesn't automatically mark anything, but you can put the cursor over something it sees and mark it. Just like marking icons on the map.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
    edited November 2020
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Hold the fuck up.

It doesn't automatically mark anything, but you can put the cursor over something it sees and mark it. Just like marking icons on the map.

This.

edit: I think you can actively mark three icons at a time.

I may also be wrong that the icons are on the map. The issue is that Synin still “sees” the icons even though they should disappear. I admit this may present itself more often if you have to rely on Synin because you’re playing on Pathfinder difficulty.

To be clear: Ubisoft acknowledged the issue, they just haven’t fixed it.

Drez on
    There's also a second bug regarding opals where a few specific opals are unlootable, from what I understand. But I haven't dug too deep into the Ubisoft support forums for fear of spoilers.

Anyway, in case I miscommunicated, at least on the Pathfinder difficulty, what'll happen is this: I use Synin to scout my area and it will show me points of interest nearby, include opals. Normal operation is that once you've looted an opal, it should no longer be a point of interest that Synin "sees" - i.e. you shuld no longer get an icon while scouting with Synin and you can no longer mark that location.

But if you, say, collect an opal and then die immediately, the opal will be in your inventory because your account has saved the fact that you looted it, but the strate of your saved game thinks you haven't actually looted it when you're hunting for points of interest with Synin. When you're relying on Synin to hunt for stuff, this is quite frustrating as these markers now lead you to a location with literally nothing.

Anyway, sorry for belaboring the point, just wanted to make sure I communicated clearly on what the issue actually was. Done talking about it now but hopefully they will fix it.

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I don't use Synin a lot (I'm on the middle exploration difficulty), but the only thing it's ever marked for me is the occasional cave entrance. Maybe it's just been luck that I haven't used Synin around any opals.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I played on the middle exploration and was able to use Synin to mark Opals on the map but it was very infrequent.

I think I found around 11 in my first 3 hours of play.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Hrm, I just got the wrong outcome for a quest decision I made with Ubba.

Reap What Was Sown
    I denied Ivarr his axe because fuck that dude, but then I told Ubba he died well. That was a lie, and right here he should have come and punched me in the face.

But he didn't, he acted like I actually did give Ivarr his axe and then thanked me and gave me a ring.

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »

Reap What Was Sown
    I denied Ivarr his axe because fuck that dude, but then I told Ubba he died well. That was a lie, and right here he should have come and punched me in the face.

But he didn't, he acted like I actually did give Ivarr his axe and then thanked me and gave me a ring.
    How would he know? No one was there except Eivor.

Reap What Was Sown

No idea! But that's what is supposed to happen.

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited December 2020

Reap What Was Sown

Nah.
    I did the same thing, sent his brother's ass to Helheim... and Eivor did a strained silence when he said he would meet his brother in Valhalla. She definitely seemed uncomfortable, but didn't correct him, which felt like the right move to me; why make this guy suffer more than he already is. His brother just did some vile shit and is now dead, let him not be completely devastated.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    I shared some thoughts in SE++, but I'll share them here too for discussion sake.
    I'm at a stage with Valhalla where I have sorta finished the game, but not really.

Full Game Spoilers
    Overall, I have thoroughly enjoyed Valhalla, but I think I still prefer Odyssey overall. I have completed the main story and tracked down all of The Order, but still haven't maxed out Raventhorpe or collected the animus anomolies.

What I liked:
    • The combat is the best it has felt so far, exceptionally brutal at that. I also appreciate that you never really get penalized for just getting your Viking on by announcing your arrival and cutting down everyone within a mile of you.
    • I liked the exploration aspect when it came to treasures, mysteries and the like. That being said, I'd make the argument that there are about 20% too many of each of them, I really stopped being arsed with some of them after a while.
    • I liked the modern day stuff, which is something I haven't been able to say for a while. It feels like stuff is actually happening and isn't just aimless wandering around and padding. I'm interested to see where they go with Basim in the future.
    • Speaking of Basim, I kicked myself for not catching him as Loki. I remember thinking he had a remarkably distinctive voice right out the gate. When we journeyed to Asgard, I remember meeting Loki for the first time and thinking 'Wow, what a distinctive voice'. I somehow never put the two together, despite picking up where they were going with Sigurd exceptionally quickly by comparison.
    • Staying on the same subject, I enjoyed the fight against Basim near the end. While it wasn't particularly challenging, it was fun getting to fight an Assassin with all of their tricks and toys that you'd take for granted as the player. Kinda makes me want another Rogue.
    • Female Eivor is a badass. Doesn't have the same charisma as Kassandra necessarily, but that's fine. They're different people.

The Rest:
    • I enjoyed having another bunch of Templars Members of The Order to hunt down. I just don't get why Eivor would want to do this.
    • Tracking down the Zealots became such a PITA by the end. I made the choice early on to spare the guy who then tells you how to get the Zealots off my back. What a mistake that was! If they had actively tried to hunt me it actually would have been a blessing. I had synchronised everywhere and still didn't get map markers for the last 4-5, and so had to look up online where other people had found them, then just blindly ride up and down the relevant counties until I happened to run into them. It was around this point where I started getting a bit sick of the game.
    • Getting to the end of the main story, it was a bit blunt for things to suddenly stop and the player get presented with a list of other things to do. I wasn't surprised, Odyssey did the same thing after all, but we seemed like we were just ramping up to the Battle of Eddington, which would have been fun to see from a Viking point of view. Finishing with the Raid on Chippenham as the final set-piece just felt... anti-climatic. I'd be surprised if this was waiting behind finishing Raventhorpe and the Animus Anomolies so I'm guessing... DLC?
    • I haven't fully upgraded Raventhorpe as supplies seem a little too scarce for my taste, unless im missing something. I'm at 5/6 with two of the farm buildings to upgrade, so I need about 2400 supplies while I currently have 700 left, and that's with all of the Raids completed. As far as I can tell, I need to make up the rest by pulling Supplies from random chests, but it's not clear to me which chests will yield them and where, and on top of that when they DO yield supplies, you only get +100. I just... can't be bothered with that.
    • While I enjoy how the world events are presented, I actually do miss having more structured sidequests to do. For instance, I really liked Odyssey having all these different regions with their own isolated storylines. I guess the intention is to pull away from some of the fatigue a long list of sidequests can cause, but I'd personally like something at least half way between Valhalla and older titles on this.

Overall, I've thoroughly enjoyed Valhalla as a whole, but the end of the game has kinda left me somewhat burned out by some of the tedium left over. I'll probably return to this around the time we get our first hit of DLC and see if I can muster the will to finish off what I haven't already.

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

Reap What Was Sown

Nah.
    I did the same thing, sent his brother's ass to Helheim... and Eivor did a strained silence when he said he would meet his brother in Valhalla. She definitely seemed uncomfortable, but didn't correct him, which felt like the right move to me; why make this guy suffer more than he already is. His brother just did some vile shit and is now dead, let him not be completely devastated.

Ivarr stuff
    So I spoiled myself what happened if you don't send Ivarr to valhalla and all the guides/pages I read said that eventually Ubarr finds out, challenges you to a fist fight, but after you beat him he says that you'll still meet as friends (so, yeah, basically no consequence, but at least Ubba is very well aware what a dick Ivarr is so I guess even he understands in some small way).

But apparently no one I know who denied him valhalla actually fist fights ubba.

So, how high was everyone's charisma? Have you been flyting? I was charisma 4 when I had this convo probably, so I'm curious if a less charismatic Eivor either tells the truth or doesn't manage to lie well...

AFAIK supply chests come from previously raided locations. So if you go back to a place you raided previously there should be chests there.

• MassenaMassena Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    AFAIK supply chests come from previously raided locations. So if you go back to a place you raided previously there should be chests there.

There might be chests, but AFAIK they will only have iron and leather and possibly supplies. They won't have Raw Materials, which are a gated resource, or any new equipment or abilities.

Massena wrote: »

There might be chests, but AFAIK they will only have iron and leather and possibly supplies. They won't have Raw Materials, which are a gated resource, or any new equipment or abilities.

Yeah sorry that's what I was referring to. Not the Raw Materials. (The Brayster's spoiler tag)

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    The orange chests on your map that are not highlighted wealth can be one of two types. One that gives iron and leather and one that just gives supplies. You can check your map when you zoom in to see areas with orange in them and get the supplies you need.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Still need to do it about a million times so it may not be worth it tbh.

Eh I was in a similar place and it took me like 40 minutes. If you do towns and abbeys you have a better chance of finding supplies. And again you can check the map to see where you left those kinds of chests.

Its still obnoxious don't get me wrong, but it doesn't take all morning.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Preacher wrote: »

Eh I was in a similar place and it took me like 40 minutes. If you do towns and abbeys you have a better chance of finding supplies. And again you can check the map to see where you left those kinds of chests.

40 minutes of your life to get enough supplies to potentially bring your town to level 6... What does that give you in the end? lol.

Preacher wrote: »

40 minutes of your life to get enough supplies to potentially bring your town to level 6... What does that give you in the end? lol.

You get some really bitching ship unlocks...

And a clean slate of a quest log.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    I'm maybe 15 hours in, doing my viking thing and my goodness the "check your emails" simulator break completely grinds the game to a halt.

I know it's not that often that you get brought to the cabin but man

Why is this still a thing. With Desmond and even silent Black Flag guy I was at least jumping through ruins or sneaking around an office.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
    Speaking of email... I got a notification that Eivor received a letter, checked the box and there were two inside of it. After reading one of them the interact icon disappeared. Next time a letter showed up the box still had the older one in addition to the new, but again after reading one the box could not be interacted with.

Another bug to throw on the pile.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Deadfall wrote: »
    I'm maybe 15 hours in, doing my viking thing and my goodness the "check your emails" simulator break completely grinds the game to a halt.

Why is this still a thing. With Desmond and even silent Black Flag guy I was at least jumping through ruins or sneaking around an office.

The good thing is you can skip through them like... so fast.

I was in the first one for less than a minute before I was back to the real game.

• DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    I also recently found the 2 handed sword and oh mylanta what a hoss.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular

The good thing is you can skip through them like... so fast.

I was in the first one for less than a minute before I was back to the real game.

I've still not been booted out for a second and the uplay thing puts me at 76% complete so there must be barely any modern stuff, even went out to see if I'd missed anything and nope.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I also recently found the 2 handed sword and oh mylanta what a hoss.

Which one? Dopple? Carolingian? Special?

In my 70 hours of gameplay I never even knew there was an email that I needed to check?

Has anyone using the Kopis seen it upgraded?

I just want to know if future forms look less like a piece of wire and more like an actual kopis.

It's got my favorite effect of the daggers but least favorite appearance of the ones I do like.

Can you even leave the animus in Odyssey? Like on purpose?

Snotinghamshire was a good region quest. Very well written.

But maybe it's just me, but maybe, when the funeral pyre gets lit... maybe turn off the "run away terrified from the fire" scripting in the npc mourners present.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Drez wrote: »
    Can you even leave the animus in Odyssey? Like on purpose?

You know, I don't remember. If there was, I definitely would have done so, I genuinely like that part of AC games, and I really did like the modern day sections of Odyssey a lot.

• SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Snotinghamshire was a good region quest. Very well written.

But maybe it's just me, but maybe, when the funeral pyre gets lit... maybe turn off the "run away terrified from the fire" scripting in the npc mourners present.

As someone with many friends from Nottinghamshire, "Snotinghamshire" still makes the child in me giggle.

Spaffy on
    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
    So is there really no way to turn off those ubisoft connect messages without disconnecting from the internet which in turn then gets rid of your opals?

Holy shit.

Seriously fuck whoever designed that. Almost straight up ruined my experience last night.

• Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Have I already stated that missile reversal is the shit? Cause missile reversal is the shit, y'all.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
    I beat the game, it was a terrible ending, i'm not going back into finish the rest of the stuff I haven't done. I've already uninstalled. Thanks Ubisoft.

• BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    What is up with enemies respawning so fast in the seer quest worlds? I clear out a small camp then take a look around with my raven and when I zoom back in the same avatar jerks are back. Is this intentional?