As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] United in Horror at All of This

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Now if they want to charge extra for portraits and cosmetics, that's fine whatever. The card economy is ridiculously overpriced and they know it. But as long as people keep buying this shit though, nothing will change. I'm sure the team hates this shit and just want to make a fun and silly game. Marketing and management are the one's making everything such a mess.

The marketing team is very obviously going for the whale market. Usual mobile logic being the whales give more in a shorter period than most will give over their whole playtime. But people with that kind of "fuck you" money are very unlikely to care about "the poors'" gameplay experience relative to their own immediate satisfaction. They may get tired of the game on their own, but I wouldn't ever count on convincing them to stop being a hugely effective tactic for mobile gaming.

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    Ugh of the day: rerolling the Corrupted Cards weekly into the Old God weekly.

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    why is one of the weeklies (the best one for exp) always "win 7 ranked games"

that's horseshit

isn't the whole point of the new daily/weekly system to allow for more freedom

you can't even reroll it

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Came across this deck a few times on ladder and always lost to it. Decided to give it a spin and this deck just wins, 8-2 so far at the beginning of the season. It doesn't really have a win condition which is even more odd.

### Tempo Secrets
    # Class: Rogue
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Phoenix
    #
    # 2x (0) Backstab
    # 2x (0) Preparation
    # 2x (0) Shadowstep
    # 2x (1) Blackjack Stunner
    # 2x (1) Pharaoh Cat
    # 2x (1) Secret Passage
    # 2x (1) Wand Thief
    # 1x (2) Ambush
    # 2x (2) Dirty Tricks
    # 2x (2) Eviscerate
    # 2x (2) Foxy Fraud
    # 2x (2) Plagiarize
    # 1x (2) Shadowjeweler Hanar
    # 2x (2) Swindle
    # 1x (3) Edwin VanCleef
    # 2x (3) Questing Adventurer
    # 1x (5) Jandice Barov
    #
    AAECAaIHBLICzLkD+8QD2dEDDbQB7QKXBogHhgn1pwPOuQPQuQOqywOk0QPl0wPf3QPn3QMA
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

ObiFett on
    Tempo Rogue has always been its own win condition.

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I don't know how people are having success with Big Priest. Every game I just don't kill their stuff, Scream on 7, and they limp to their death a couple turns later.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    Maybe they're just winning their games that aren't against BS Reno Priest.

I noticed there are some XP achievements for Duels. Can those only be completed in the paid (heroic) Duels or can you get credit from the free ones?

• lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Oops.

2iikeed1xl6d.gif

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
    forty wrote: »
    I noticed there are some XP achievements for Duels. Can those only be completed in the paid (heroic) Duels or can you get credit from the free ones?

I haven't done a paid Duels but I have a bunch of Duels achievements from casual.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    28 of the past 35 ranked standard games that I have played today have been vs demon hunters

Cool meta Team 5

Also every control warrior mirror I have ran into has been progressively greedier with Rattlegores and ironbeak owls and Silas Darkmoon

Beasteh on
    CWar seems like a good choice then. The problem then being that you're playing games of CWar...

• TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    Oops.

2iikeed1xl6d.gif

poof

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Is George the fallen number 1? It really feels like the most reliably powerful.

a85c9y9364f7.jpeg

HSreplay has him at #7.

Top 10:
    BquXtpy.png?2

Yeah, he's strong, but not quite top tier because there are a lot of times you don't survive to the point where you can abuse an OP divine shield comp. And even then, some people will swap out for a Ghoul in the late game to screw you over.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I just do not get Battlegrounds.

Yilias wrote: »
    HSreplay has him at #7.

Top 10:
    BquXtpy.png?2

I’m surprised at Elise star seeker. I uh haven’t played her much because I thought she was trash. Maybe I’ll give her a go now.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    HSreplay has him at #7.

Top 10:
    BquXtpy.png?2

I’m surprised at Elise star seeker. I uh haven’t played her much because I thought she was trash. Maybe I’ll give her a go now.

Her maps used to cost 3 gold, but at some point they were lowered to 2 gold which is a big deal, imo.

ObiFett wrote: »
    HSreplay has him at #7.

Top 10:
    BquXtpy.png?2

Her maps used to cost 3 gold, but at some point they were lowered to 2 gold which is a big deal, imo.
    It was in the most recent BG patch update, where like 10 of the bad heroes got buffed. She was indeed pretty trash up until a few weeks ago.
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    I had to spend a lot of time watching Twitch streamers play them before I got a feel for how not to be horrible at them.

I just checked and this is still the most poorly optimized game ever compiled.

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    HSreplay has him at #7.

Top 10:
    BquXtpy.png?2

It was in the most recent BG patch update, where like 10 of the bad heroes got buffed. She was indeed pretty trash up until a few weeks ago.
    I had to spend a lot of time watching Twitch streamers play them before I got a feel for how not to be horrible at them.

You can save some time by watching dog on YouTube. In one of his recent videos he's playing 3 bg matches at the same time. Lucky for him he got in the same lobby with all 3, but it's still very insane. Don't watch if you get anxious easily.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »
    HSreplay has him at #7.

Top 10:
    BquXtpy.png?2

You can save some time by watching dog on YouTube. In one of his recent videos he's playing 3 bg matches at the same time. Lucky for him he got in the same lobby with all 3, but it's still very insane. Don't watch if you get anxious easily.

Waaaait, I thought they put in something to stop multi-boxing b.net after he did the rank 1 push on three different servers at once?

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »
    HSreplay has him at #7.

Top 10:
    BquXtpy.png?2

Waaaait, I thought they put in something to stop multi-boxing b.net after he did the rank 1 push on three different servers at once?

I don't know how he did it because I only saw the yt, not the live stream, but he used his main account, hafu's account and a third account. He said he had three instances of battlenet open, so there has to be a way to do it.

https://youtu.be/TTe7a0-1ZC4

I imagine you can do it with Virtual Machines or something.

• Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Made it to Gold 3 this morning, my highest ranking. Hoping I can push over to Platinum 10 soon.

Basically playing all Wild now because I don't have the pack luck on Standard cards nor do I want to pay any money. Rolling with Odd DH (sorry) and crafted my old buddy Patches again since he shows up in a bunch of Wild decks.

Regarding the mini-set that's coming at some point, I assume that's all pack based and not adventure based?

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Made it to Gold 3 this morning, my highest ranking. Hoping I can push over to Platinum 10 soon.

Basically playing all Wild now because I don't have the pack luck on Standard cards nor do I want to pay any money. Rolling with Odd DH (sorry) and crafted my old buddy Patches again since he shows up in a bunch of Wild decks.

Regarding the mini-set that's coming at some point, I assume that's all pack based and not adventure based?
    Yes, they basically just add new cards into the pool that can come from Darkmoon Faire packs. So you have to buy a bunch more packs to get the new cards.

Don't apologize for playing Odd DH in Wild. You'll never be as horrible as the people who play Reno decks.

I played against a Reno Priest in Wild who had the, uh, Convert? card that lets you add a copy of a minion to your hand. He was almost dead, then played Reno and that card so he could do it again later.

Turns out Reno doesn't help much when you take 32 damage to the face all at once. :D Thanks, Rags!

I am going to toy with an old gods quest lock.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Toying with a meme deck is fun if your definition of fun is repeatedly getting your face punched in by demon hunters

has Blizz issued any kind of statement yet about the dumpster fire that's going on with Reddit yet?

no?

zzzzz i sleep wake me when they do

DNiDlnb.png
    What's going on now, @Dibby ?

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    The r/hearthstone subreddit is basically just still very pissed about the tavern pass changes, to the point were most of the daily posts are complaints about the new system, memes about how bad the new system is, “I’m quitting HS” and posts wondering how long blizzard is going to say silent.

Maybe the engagement numbers and spending are still fine, but Reddit is likely one of the most populated communities for hearthstone and they don’t appear to be moving on from this issue. You definitely can’t tell a full expansion just came out.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    The main effect of all that in the long run will just be to tank the hearthstone sub, which, oh well. It’s been substantially unreadable the last few weeks unless you specifically wanna bitch about the tavern pass, and that kind of brigading usually winds up with the sub declining and/or splitting.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Also a problem George has is that he’s way weaker in games that don’t include murlocs

NREqxl5.jpg
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    The main effect of all that in the long run will just be to tank the hearthstone sub, which, oh well. It’s been substantially unreadable the last few weeks unless you specifically wanna bitch about the tavern pass, and that kind of brigading usually winds up with the sub declining and/or splitting.

I mean, I know this forum loves to hate on Reddit as a whole (most of the time for good reasons), but that subreddit was generally pretty good about discussing the game before this.

I don’t know that it’s so much brigading as the part of the player base that uses Reddit is actually unhappy right now. The runeterra post maybe come the closest to brigading I guess?

Like I said, I imagine blizzard is just waiting for all of it to blow over, and as long as the engagement numbers stay the same/go up, they probably will keep holding that position.

I am going to toy with an old gods quest lock.
    It needs a bit higher level of control at the beginning.

edited December 2020
    What's going on now, Dibby ?
    ronzo wrote: »
    The r/hearthstone subreddit is basically just still very pissed about the tavern pass changes, to the point were most of the daily posts are complaints about the new system, memes about how bad the new system is, “I’m quitting HS” and posts wondering how long blizzard is going to say silent.

Maybe the engagement numbers and spending are still fine, but Reddit is likely one of the most populated communities for hearthstone and they don’t appear to be moving on from this issue. You definitely can’t tell a full expansion just came out.

this, but it's also just so much negativity that the entire subreddit is just constantly on fire and unusable, and it's literally permanently that gif from Community where Troy walks in with pizzas all happy and sees that the entire room is on fire and everything's Bad And Awful

i want Blizz to actually Make A Statement to put the fires out, so to speak.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    While I do agree that lots of people are genuinely unhappy with the tavern pass, I also think that being performatively unhappy with blizzard has just become the trendy thing to do and I don’t think there’s really a statement they can make that will change that.

People who play/follow games have learned that kind of thing gets clicks and it predominates everywhere moderation doesn’t actively restrict it.

NREqxl5.jpg
  • The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    I played against a Reno Priest in Wild who had the, uh, Convert? card that lets you add a copy of a minion to your hand. He was almost dead, then played Reno and that card so he could do it again later.

Turns out Reno doesn't help much when you take 32 damage to the face all at once. :D Thanks, Rags!

I was playing around with Odd DH in wild and after hitting two Reno Priests that triplicated the sonofabitch, I tech'd in two copies of Boompistol Bully.

Only had the chance to have it time out/work once once so far, but the needle scratch moment was pretty sweet when it happened.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX