As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV]: Shadowguys: 5.4 December 8th

1104105106107108110»

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    5.4 special site updated again, with a clearer shot of the new tomestone sets and the reveal of what is presumably the next crafted glamour set

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Viera
    Is the tomestone stuff the sets that look like guest designs from Fromsoft ala souls/bloodborne

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Got Paladin to 80. Now all I've got left are White Mage (63) and Astrologian (56). So my goal of being done by the end of the year is probably nowhere near on track given that I'm nowhere near comfortable enough healing to use the most lucrative EXP options available, but that's all right. Once I get them each to 71 the slow and steady way, I'll be able to power through the rest quick enough while running Bozja, and get enough coins for the last two armor sets I need in the process.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    I use a lot of fantasias
    Woo! I did it, second Jibanyan Couch acquired!

This time around, the yokai event was much faster than the first time it was open. Flying alone was a massive time-saver.

Requiring only 10 medals for each weapon beyond the first also massively reduced the amount of grinding needed.

steam_sig.png
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    I won't use it, but that classic FF UI skin is cute

Roegadyn
    a lot of cool stuff in there, but I'm wary of the change to quick ventures

unless I'm misunderstanding it, they've gotten rid of everything that made them useful

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Lalafell
    ...Interesting.

There's this side story that they're calling "Void quests". You need to do the Role quest "Safekeeping", and the quests that unlock Bismarck, Ravana, Sephirot, Sophia, and Zurvan EX. Those unlock quests were all delivered by Unukalhai, and Safekeeping is the new role quest they're adding if you've done all of the role quests and found the truth about the Shadowkeeper.
    So yeah, they're absolutely putting more extra Unukalhai story than I thought I was gonna see here. Adding a new named category for these quests is what most interests me. The Void is, after all Unukalhai's and Cyella's, homeland. Are we gonna see more stuff related to the 13th as more patches come in?

Enlong on
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    By the way, the new Eden fights are named: Umbra, Litany, Anamorphosis, and Eternity.

We already know that Umbra is the Cloud of Darkness, and Litany is that wolf/warg/thing from the trailer. It seems to take place in Lakeland, possibly near that one church, so I guess that makes sense.

"Anamorphosis" is a perspective trick. An anamorphic image is a distorted image that will appear as normal when viewed from the correct angle or with the correct tool. For instance, a painting of a person that looks like a stretched-out mess if viewed from above, but looks perfect if you view it at a low angle from far away. Or an image that is a messed-up semicircle of colors that creates a perfect image if you put a mirror of the correct shape in its center. What does this actually mean for the fight? Not sure, but I think it could have to do with that bit in the trailer where Gaia was in a room with a bunch of images of the Primals we've created so far. The summons are, after all, distorted images of distorted images of figures who may or may not have existed.

Roegadyn
    Enlong wrote: »
    ...Interesting.

There's this side story that they're calling "Void quests". You need to do the Role quest "Safekeeping", and the quests that unlock Bismarck, Ravana, Sephirot, Sophia, and Zurvan EX. Those unlock quests were all delivered by Unukalhai, and Safekeeping is the new role quest they're adding if you've done all of the role quests and found the truth about the Shadowkeeper.
    So yeah, they're absolutely putting more extra Unukalhai story than I thought I was gonna see here. Adding a new named category for these quests is what most interests me. The Void is, after all Unukalhai's and Cyella's, homeland. Are we gonna see more stuff related to the 13th as more patches come in?

my money is on
    completing these quests and the eden storyline will have those two meeting gaia and returning to the void in 5.5

This discussion has been closed.