As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SECRET SANTA] & [CRYPTIC CARDS]: Classiness is 2020

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    @AngelHedgie

Bruh

fb7qbkbsf0jf.png

You killed it, man.

I've been so back and forth on one of these and I just recently had the opportunity to slow cook some ribs and was dying for something else to cook with.

Incredibly generous, thank you sir.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    AngelHedgie

Bruh

fb7qbkbsf0jf.png

You killed it, man.

I've been so back and forth on one of these and I just recently had the opportunity to slow cook some ribs and was dying for something else to cook with.

Incredibly generous, thank you sir.

We get a lot of use out of our Instant Pot, especially for things like pulled pork and Asian-style boneless ribs, so when I saw you wanted one, it was a simple pick. I hope you enjoy it.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    OK I have not Listed!

- I have Phillips Hue lights and more chroma ones would be cool! Specifically looking for something to backlight my monitor but in general they are slowly taking over the house. :)
    - I drink tequila. If you know of a good brand I'll try it!
    - I have been lusting after a bluetooth enabled xbox controller for some time
    - We apparently don't have a decent roasting pan? Something 14" or bigger with a removable rack and high sides.
    - I got a bluetooth enabled remote meat thermometer (Carbon) but it eats batteries while on idle in the drawer so it never works when I need it. I have no temp sensors for oven food at all and would love to replace this one. In theory it's really cool because bluetooth and an iPhone app but in practice it is :bigfrown:
    - I have a pile of art that we can't hang up because we have no frames, so like... a gift card to someplace that frames? Or sells frames? Woo idk here.
    - Iron Man is legit my actual hero.
    - Prince did a biography called The Beautiful Ones that I wanna read. Yes, Prince. Unapologetically.
    - Our house is mostly mid-mod in style with grey-blue and tan/cream accents. idk if that matters but it might?

Games? Yes!
    - Fuser is the big game on my list of things I super want but won't end up buying because there's always something else to spend the money on instead.
    - AssCreed Valhalla is also on the list, though that is apparently not Steam? idk.
    - My steam name is spool32 and things on my wishlist are real and I like them! They are in order even!
    - I have an EA subscription, so if it's available on EA Access I already have it.

- Clothes I think I'd prefer not!
    - nsfw things nah.
    - Also we don't have a lot of places for like, objects. We display only a few things and don't have shelves for more. Figurines or other objects like that are not on the list right now!

spool32 on
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    I have been Setanta'd! Santana'd? .... I mean, Santa'd!
    nv775fb1dkpb.png

Thank you very much Santa!
    FrauCron is finding it's place on the bookshelf as we speak, and perhaps, after that I'll be allowed to read it....

HerrCron on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    LOADING THE GIFT CANNON

One more thing is being shipped to me, and then USPS is gonna help me fire that off

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Turns out, it was a one-two combo!
    gx8oun7e8esq.png

Rereading the first two volumes and then ploughing into these is pretty much my afternoon sorted.
    Thank you again, Santa! Who i'm reasonably sure is just @Blameless Cleric with a fake beard.

HerrCron on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I’ve received an Amazon wrapped gift thing. The card simply says “Enjoy your gift”. Is this from my Santa here? If so, I’ll commence the opening. Let me know one way or another, please!

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    HerrCron wrote: »
    Turns out, it was a one-two combo!
    gx8oun7e8esq.png

Rereading the first two volumes and then ploughing into these is pretty much my afternoon sorted.
    Thank you again, Santa! Who i'm reasonably sure is just @Blameless Cleric with a fake beard.

gasp!!!! How did you know :P !!

Happy holidays!! Saga is sooooo fucking good

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    So I’ve been informed that the package was from my Santa, thank you! And there’s possibly another in my mailbox from today, either that or I have another mysterious package for myself. I probably won’t get to retrieve that until tomorrow but it is safe where it’s at so no worries there. I’ll commence the opening tomorrow then! Yay!

For my Santee, package number 1 is en route. Package number 2: soon.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    No note so I didn't realize what I was opening, but did one of you get me JAPANESE STEEL?

kwQ1LlWl.jpg

I will cut down my enemies tomatoes with righteous fury!

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    No note so I didn't realize what I was opening, but did one of you get me JAPANESE STEEL?

kwQ1LlWl.jpg

I will cut down my enemies tomatoes with righteous fury!
    That would be me. :) I had a note written about "While we are out partying, you are studying the blade", but I guess that didn't go through. Merry Christmas, and enjoy your 1000-folded samurai steel!

There's one more thing coming, but it will be a bit more obvious as a Christmas-themed gift.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    0YpqgKx.png

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Gift cannon: ONLINE
    Coordinates: [redacted]
    Target: ACQUIRED
    Ordnance Bay 001: FIRED
    Ordnance Bay 002: PRIMED
    CAUTION: YULETIDE OBLITERATION IMMINENT 🎄🎁 ⛄️
    HO^03.exe

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    gift cannon fired

now to obsessively check the tracking numbers like a normal person does

• Options
    Well, none of the packages at my mailbox was of the unexpected variety from yesterday! Maybe later today will be another? I don't know. Annnnnnywayyyys. I've opened the package I did get on Sunday (which is a rare occurrence in these parts!) and am pleased to inform you all of extreme classiness inbound(sorry about wretched image rotation, I'm running out of time here though):

FOpT9Vk.jpg

be0qpiA.jpg

Thank you mystery Santa who refuses to reveal themselves at the time of this post! I shall put this to great use immediately!!

• Options
    Tav wrote: »
    gift cannon fired

amazon is sending this as two packages so now the note in one package won't make sense until the second package arrives

thank u bezos

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Gift cannon fired!

Now begins the nervous anticipation.

• Options
    I’ve done a workout with my Ring Fit Adventure. Definitely making some oft unused muscles burn. Good stuff! My daughter demands a turn.
    Thanks again!

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    My gifts are en route. It will be a journey fraught with peril and tracking updates.

Godspeed.

...and also apparently will be arriving in batches.

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    I just received word that my gift deliveries will be split into multiple packages delivered across a week or more.

Ugh. 12 days of Christmas, indeed.

• Options
    gift cannon fired

amazon is sending this as two packages so now the note in one package won't make sense until the second package arrives

thank u bezos

h0o4oevwn90c.jpg

👀

• Options
    I received something from THE FORTUNE COOKIE COMPANY which was as intriguing as distressing, I assume this is your doing @Hahnsoo1

I like to ART
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I received something from THE FORTUNE COOKIE COMPANY which was as intriguing as distressing, I assume this is your doing Hahnsoo1
    I hope it doesn’t cause distress, as it was supposed to be their holiday fortune cookie bag, with holiday-themed fortunes. It’s a local Oakland business, so I thought you would get a kick out of it.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    I have a couple items ready to get shipped and might buy the other thing on Amazon I dunno. I have to recalculate weight and mass distribution for launch but I think my trebuchet should work.

Also Dear Santa: my apartment complex is kind of a zoo and there's the potential for any package coming my way to show up in a bunch of different spots, so if you're tracking your delivery and it says it's arrived, my be worth sending me a message to look for it so I don't miss it.

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    I received something from THE FORTUNE COOKIE COMPANY which was as intriguing as distressing, I assume this is your doing Hahnsoo1
    I hope it doesn’t cause distress, as it was supposed to be their holiday fortune cookie bag, with holiday-themed fortunes. It’s a local Oakland business, so I thought you would get a kick out of it.

That's awesome! I just thought the package was funny. Weren't they like invented up there?

I like to ART
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Target acquired.
    Disengaging all safety restrictions.
    Release gifting joy on my mark.
    3, 2, 1....FIRE!!

Gift away! Impact in ~72 hours. Enjoy what time you have left.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Due to a lack of deep medium flat rate boxes my gift canon remains prepped but unable to fire.

I like to ART
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    So I came home from a day of shopping for both family and Santee today and I found this on the porch!
    PmGbFjqh.jpg

Which is an awesome gift! Very excited to put my feet up and crack into some good sci-fi as Christmas and the New Year rolls around. I had heard of the one:
    While the peninsular Russian province of Kamchatka is not exactly in Sarah Palin's sightline, its far, far Eastern and Northern coordinates make it more like Nome than Moscow. Rife with wildlife, volcanoes, and treacherous topography, it's also almost inaccessible, with no major roads connecting it to the rest of Russia — because it was a closed military zone until 1989.
    yes I am here for all of this, STALKER

The lifting straps are perfect -- I've mentioned in [chat] that I've been getting back into the gym and that's involved learning a bit with deadlift grips and so this was way thoughtful!

Another box!

Oh

Ohhhh no

sUnqJu3h.jpg

These are: 1) altogether too much and a hugely generous and surprising Christmas gift, thank you so much!

2) totally dope and I've already listened to some RTJ through my phone, and used the USB connector to hook into my desktop to try some gaming on them and they're perfect for both. They're replacing a $20 set of earbuds for gym, and an increasingly beat-up wired headset for gaming.

I'm a bit red-faced sitting here typing this - thank you again, and I'm looking forward to spoiling Santees this year and in following years.

Happy Christmas, friend :biggrin: @Tav

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    you're very welcome!

there's one more very small package winging its way to you (amazon says it should be at yours by either 9pm tonight or by the 8th so 🤷) that was supposed to ship with everything else but Bezos had other ideas. If you open it and wonder wtf, it was supposed to ship with the little note :P

i'm absolutely delighted you liked everything, merry Christmas my dude!

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    The Powers That Be have decided to break up my santee’s gifts into a number of different shipments so it’s really going to be a trickle of joy arriving over time.

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Card canon launched !! It’s more of a like, series of pneumatic tunes crossing the country but, you know what I mean

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Card canon launched !! It’s more of a like, series of pneumatic tunes crossing the country but, you know what I mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGe-7wdKWS0

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    8GA0mkY.gif

Woo! Box arrived!! Look what is in this enormous package!
    vn8kjZ7l.jpg

Objects for Belasco! She does a lot of meditative coloring and the new pencils are a welcome addition!
    Also bath explosions extremely useful. There's a lot of "attempting to try and de-stress" going on around here and that is top of the list.

Also meat thermometer! Reliable, pointy, scientific.
    Also XBOX controller wooo good lord this thing is nice. The new style is excellent. It's never been so comfortable to die in an X-Wing fighter.

But why was box so big?
    eyr6Y63l.jpg

Man this roaster is really really good. The rack has that angle underneath, it's really solid. Perfect!

Then a second box arrived a day later!
    4ob9OW3l.jpg

It's not super clear from the photos, but this is a Phillips Hue lightstrip and an extension, and I am extremely excited for it! Sitting at my monitor for 14-16 hours a day is wrecking my eyes and the makeshift "shove a USB light behind the thing" already helps so I know this is going to be awesome. Also they sync color patterns with games so I can like, turn the room red when I die in XWING.

Thank you @Atomika from both of us, these are all super cool!

spool32 on
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Gift Get!

DySoohDl.jpg

1lQlNCPl.jpg

A soldering station! Now I can solder things! At this station! Aaa!

Santa remains Secret...

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    spool32 wrote: »
    8GA0mkY.gif

Woo! Box arrived!! Look what is in this enormous package!
    vn8kjZ7l.jpg

Objects for Belasco! She does a lot of meditative coloring and the new pencils are a welcome addition!
    Also bath explosions extremely useful. There's a lot of "attempting to try and de-stress" going on around here and that is top of the list.

Also meat thermometer! Reliable, pointy, scientific.
    Also XBOX controller wooo good lord this thing is nice. The new style is excellent. It's never been so comfortable to die in an X-Wing fighter.

But why was box so big?
    eyr6Y63l.jpg

Man this roaster is really really good. The rack has that angle underneath, it's really solid. Perfect!

Then a second box arrived a day later!
    4ob9OW3l.jpg

It's not super clear from the photos, but this is a Phillips Hue lightstrip and an extension, and I am extremely excited for it! Sitting at my monitor for 14-16 hours a day is wrecking my eyes and the makeshift "shove a USB light behind the thing" already helps so I know this is going to be awesome. Also they sync color patterns with games so I can like, turn the room when I die in XWING.

Thank you @Atomika from both of us, these are all super cool!

Okay you’re welcome but it ain’t over yet :rotate:

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Gift Get!

DySoohDl.jpg

1lQlNCPl.jpg

A soldering station! Now I can solder things! At this station! Aaa!

Santa remains Secret...

Surprise! It was I who gifted you! Happy holidays!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    emhyhwS.gif

I'm not sure whether it's from D&D Santa or SE++/G&T Satan since I'm in both exchanges and the note had no cryptic clues to which!

First: a box arrives--
    JXG0IAd.jpg?1
    I didn't order any Amazon...did my husband? A quick check and..no! It must be a gift!

It is!
    LduG9vT.jpg?1

With a note!
    0UUmfjK.jpg?1

Huzzah!
    4PghRRo.jpg?1

I'm super excited! Thank you!

N1tSt4lker on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Hmm your Santa is definitely a mystery, but whoever they are they have excellent taste in Zelda games.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Out of all Zelda games, I basically really only like the original and that one.