As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    castlevaniaPoR_012.jpg

GO TEAM VENTURE!

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    castlevaniaPoR_012.jpg

GO TEAM VENTURE!
    I lol'd.

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • SondervalSonderval Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Guys,

I'm late to the party on the whole pre-order bonus for this one.

Can anyone throw me a link to a distributor that services the EU for this games so awesome pre-order bundle? Major kudos for any help!

Sonderval on
    Pokemon White: 3611 0563 3196
    homeworld%20player.gif
    hiigaran.gif
    sweawubanpo6.png
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Zilla84 wrote:
    I think I'd call her generic long before sexy, to be honest.

That aside, can't wait for this game. :)

I dig long brown hair and blue eyes, what can I say? The skirt and legwear don't hurt any, either.
    apotheos wrote:
    And the thread would not be complete without a pic of our sexy, sexy new female protagonist:

...sexy, if you're into just-pubescent girls. :?

...wait, what?

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • LurkerLurker Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    What's the release date for this?

I hope I get the pre-order bonus with mine.

I'm considering putting it on ebay if they go for anything.

Lurker on
    fulljokerempireeditcs5lqt7.jpg
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    apotheos wrote:
    And the thread would not be complete without a pic of our sexy, sexy new female protagonist:

...sexy, if you're into just-pubescent girls. :?

...wait, what?
    He's saying she looks like she's 13 or something.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Looks older than that to me...

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • LCDXXLCDXX A flask of wood and glass Terre Haute, INRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    My copy + preorder bonus are being processed at Gamestop.com. I look forward to tomorrow/Wednesday so I can enjoy this deliciousness.

LCDXX on
    XBL: LCDXX | PSN: LCDXX | Steam: LCDXX
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2006
    You...can trade items over Wi-Fi?

:shock:

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • skaceskace Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Castlevania on the DS is a constant reminder of how perfect 2D can be. I'm glad I'll be getting the pre-order bonus :D

skace on
    http://picasaweb.google.com/skacer | Shiren:5413-0147-4655
    steam_sig.png
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    skace wrote:
    Castlevania on the DS is a constant reminder of how perfect 2D can be. I'm glad I'll be getting the pre-order bonus :D

Indeed. I really hope we see a 2d Metroid on the DS one of these days.

The pre-order stuff is awesome, although I've mostly just listened to the cd, I haven't really looked at the timeline or artbook yet.

So, I didn't see it mentioned in the OP...is there anything in this one that'll require the use of the stylus? Because I wasn't a big fan of that in the last game.

Vincent Grayson on
  • SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Have DoS; not yet beaten it (I'm close). Very much looking forward to this. I've been a fan of the series since the original. Hope I can still score the pre-order bonus.

SeñorAmor on
  • cursor101cursor101 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    SirUltimos wrote:

Personally, I am absolutely pumped about this game. I just preordered it yesterday and got the awesome preorder swag that accompanies it. Dawn of Sorrow was utterly fantastic and one of my favourite DS games, and from what I hear this game is going to be even better. I'm so excited that this is the only game I'm willing to buy for myself this close to Christmas.

I don't think this is so bad for my first game-centric post. Discuss!

Whoa, whoa, whoa. You ordered it yesterday and you got all your pre-order bonus at that moment? I reserved one or two months ago and I didn't get squat. I'm not even sure I'll be getting a bonus at all.

cursor101 on
    MK:DS 451051-559978
    Guy1: There's nothing bitchin about the games soundtrack. It's practically all elevator music.

Guy2: That's just hilariously stupid. I can't imagine playing a fighting game with "Girl from Ipanema" playing in the background.
    edited December 2006
    cursor101 wrote:
    SirUltimos wrote:

Personally, I am absolutely pumped about this game. I just preordered it yesterday and got the awesome preorder swag that accompanies it. Dawn of Sorrow was utterly fantastic and one of my favourite DS games, and from what I hear this game is going to be even better. I'm so excited that this is the only game I'm willing to buy for myself this close to Christmas.

I don't think this is so bad for my first game-centric post. Discuss!

Whoa, whoa, whoa. You ordered it yesterday and you got all your pre-order bonus at that moment? I reserved one or two months ago and I didn't get squat. I'm not even sure I'll be getting a bonus at all.

Yeah, I definitely got my pre-order stuff on Saturday when I ordered. If you ordered in a store, I'd advise heading down there to see if they have the pre-order stuff in.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    OK, so I pre-ordered from EB on-line on the 26th Oct. and the site now says both my items (the game and the pre-order bonus) are "processing". I hope this means what I think it means, but I don't think I'm going to find out for sure until after Christmas, 'cause I live in England :cry:

On the Other hand, that bonus is so damn awesome, I almost don't care about the game, I just want the shinies...

Can I just ask those of you who have the bonus gift already; What is this "card case" they talk about and how, exactly, is the stylus "themed"?

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Anime OwnsAnime Owns Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    This game needs to be out so we can stop talking about the damn preorder bonus. :wink:

Anyway, yeah, this is gonna kick ass.

Anime Owns on
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Mr_Rose wrote:
    OK, so I pre-ordered from EB on-line on the 26th Oct. and the site now says both my items (the game and the pre-order bonus) are "processing". I hope this means what I think it means, but I don't think I'm going to find out for sure until after Christmas, 'cause I live in England :cry:

On the Other hand, that bonus is so damn awesome, I almost don't care about the game, I just want the shinies...

Can I just ask those of you who have the bonus gift already; What is this "card case" they talk about and how, exactly, is the stylus "themed"?

The case is disappointing, actually.... it's just a small case that holds both Castlevania carts (I thought it was a case that held the entire cases of the games). The stylus is white with a clear shell, says "Castlevania" on the side (in the awesome font), and extends so it's not a bitch to hold.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Si SenorSi Senor Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    my OP was so informative... so beautiful!

my OP had a picture of the pre-order bonus!

*goes to cry in the closet*

Si Senor on
    sigging2.jpg
  • LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I won't be picking this up right away, but only because I recently acquired Dawn of Sorrow and the game is just balls-out fantastic. I'm not normally a collector-type of gamer but even I'm interested in just farming souls for a little bit. I went through the main game and I'm doing both a Julius mode run and a Hard mode run right now.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • LCDXXLCDXX A flask of wood and glass Terre Haute, INRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    So... I hear you get to fight Death in this one.

LCDXX on
    XBL: LCDXX | PSN: LCDXX | Steam: LCDXX
  • elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Hmh, I got official anniversary soundtrack and I must say this is really bizarre compilation. NES-songs are clearly emulated, there is too much emphasis on bass, and mixer has also added small amount of echo to most songs. Furthermore, Portrait of Ruin's songs have different arrangements than you can actually find from the game. Pretty disapointing.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • ze swift classze swift class Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Is this game supposed to be arriving in stores dec5 or shipping to stores at dec5?

ze swift class on
    edited December 2006
    Is this game supposed to be arriving in stores dec5 or shipping to stores at dec5?

Shipping tomorrow, arriving on Wednesday, although there's usually a few places that get it late on the shipping day.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Shadowfire wrote:
    Mr_Rose wrote:
    The case is disappointing, actually.... it's just a small case that holds both Castlevania carts (I thought it was a case that held the entire cases of the games). The stylus is white with a clear shell, says "Castlevania" on the side (in the awesome font), and extends so it's not a bitch to hold.
    OK, that's actually much more useful than what I had imagined, so bonus bonus!
    Thanks for the info...

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • pierrotpierrot __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    Christ, PoR discussion has been severely lacking

3 pages later, it still is. It's like people don't even bother with the thinnest pretense of having something to say.

I do wish to congratulate someone for being such a deep loser that you had to drool over a pic that's not even particularly out there. Keep up the good fight, pal -- one day society will let you enjoy being gay and you won't have to try so hard.

pierrot on
    edited December 2006
    What's the deal with weapons in this game? Is it like the more recent titles with the SotN-style variety of weapons, or are we stuck with just a whip that gets powered-up? Because honestly, that'd be really fucking disappointing.

Vincent Grayson on
  • RenegadeDrizztRenegadeDrizzt Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    pierrot wrote:

3 pages later, it still is. It's like people don't even bother with the thinnest pretense of having something to say.

I do wish to congratulate someone for being such a deep loser that you had to drool over a pic that's not even particularly out there. Keep up the good fight, pal -- one day society will let you enjoy being gay and you won't have to try so hard.
    what

RenegadeDrizzt on
  • Anime OwnsAnime Owns Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    pierrot wrote:

what

I think he's sick of the pre-order discusion..

R-r-right?

So, does this game have a soul system, or is it something else like 'power cards'?

Edit - t Vincent, I'm almost positive there's a weapon system similar to SotN. I know that you get other weapons besides the whip.

Anime Owns on
    edited December 2006
    Gigglio wrote:
    pierrot wrote:

what

R-r-right?
    I don't know, but he sure seems angry. I don't know what someone could be so angry about. It does not have the soul system, no.

RenegadeDrizzt on
    edited December 2006
    Gigglio wrote:
    pierrot wrote:

what

R-r-right?
    I don't know, but he sure seems angry. I don't know what someone could be so angry about. It does not have the soul system, no.

he's saying that renegade is gay because he likes the picture of charlotte orleans.

Si Senor on
    sigging2.jpg
    edited December 2006
    Gigglio wrote:
    pierrot wrote:

what

R-r-right?

he's saying that renegade is gay because he likes the picture of charlotte orleans.
    I never even commented on that picture . . .

:?

RenegadeDrizzt on
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Hmm, think it's too late to pre-order and still get the bonuses?

jothki on
    edited December 2006
    Gigglio wrote:
    pierrot wrote:

what

R-r-right?

oh, well maybe it's not that then.

or maybe he's a psycho.

Si Senor on
    sigging2.jpg
    edited December 2006
    Gigglio wrote:
    pierrot wrote:

what

R-r-right?

oh, well maybe it's not that then.

or maybe he's a psycho.
    Probably the latter.

Okay guys, the last boss in this game rocks so hard. Plenty of unlockables, too.

RenegadeDrizzt on
  • Brodo FagginsBrodo Faggins Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    So I preordered this online back when the first PoR thread was made...like October I think? Bankofamerica.com says I got charged for it, which means it's shipped, I believe...not sure. Anyone else that order online gotten charged yet?

Brodo Faggins on
    9PZnq.png
  • CheesechickCheesechick Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Interesting: 4ColorRebellion seems to think Portrait of Ruin was pushed back to next week. Though EB/Gamestop/IGN all still say tomorrow.

Cheesechick on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2006
    Hm.

December 12th was the original release date on the EBGames website.

RenegadeDrizzt on
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2699 new trailer out.
    [spoiler:48715dcbf8]OMG screen filling meteor attack![/spoiler:48715dcbf8]

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • CheesechickCheesechick Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Hm.

Well it's the 5th now, and it says my order's processing, so...? I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Cheesechick on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Hm.

Well it's the 5th now, and it says my order's processing, so...? I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

No idea... Gamestop and Walmart still show shipping today, Best Buy and TRU show next week. -shrug-

I hope it's not delayed... I took the day after release off. ;)

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter