As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX South is no more! It has ceased to be! It expired and gone to meet it's maker!

Goose!Goose! That's me, honeyShow me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
edited November 2021 in Social Entropy++
According to some news site of questionable reliability, Geek News Now, PAX South 2021 may still be a thing. But it'll be a February thing, at the earliest, and possibly a May or June thing. To wit:
Contrary to popular belief, it is not “Game Over” for PAX fans in San Antonio.

For months, rumors have swirled that the event would be outright canceled due to the pandemic. Even before that, the were rumblings that the convention would be moved to Dallas or Houston. Geek News Now was able to exclusively learn that the large gaming event, typically held in January along the famed River Walk, will be moved to February 19-21, but still at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center.

There are still quite a few things up in the air, due to the impact the COVID pandemic has had on events of this scale. I spoke to a source at the Convention Center main office, who answered my questions. These answers were confirmed by another source at Visit San Antonio and additional information provided by a source in the Mayor’s Office in San Antonio.

https://geeknewsnow.net/index.php/2020/10/30/pax-south-new-dates-revealed/

Not gonna repost the whole article here but yeah, PAX South, eh? Let's talk about it.

Please, God, anything to not discuss the other things going on tonight

Goose! on

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    PAX South in May would be amazing. My birthday gift of Fogo de Chao sorted easily.

• Options
    Kinda figured but I had to let hope live for a brief period before its inevitable death.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I feel like any sort of mass gathering earlier than late 2021 being safe to do in the US is...dangerously optimistic

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020

PAX East will take place June 3 - 6, 2021
    PAX West will take place September 3 - 6, 2021
    PAX Aus will have more info coming soon
    PAX Unplugged will take place December 10 - 12, 2021
    No PAX South next year

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    PAX South 2022 it is then

Madican on
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    East in the summer sounds great, but I am still a little leery of attending until after we see how big events go after readily available vaccination.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'll probably go to East if I'm vaccinated by then, I guess, just because it's like a half hour away

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I am bummed, but it makes perfect sense. I am probably not going to try East next year (vaccinated or not). I may try to make West if I'm vaccinated and have the funds for it

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i’ll be doing my own pax south, folks can sleep on my small patio

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

wonderful

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

okay i'll be there tuesday to beat the traffic

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    What if I went anyways? Find out how that Denny’s is when there isn’t a convention right next to it.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    What if I went anyways? Find out how that Denny’s is when there isn’t a convention right next to it.

It's still going to be bad

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Provided it's safe, doing three months of travel starting with East and ending with West probably wouldn't be the dumbest thing I've ever done.

• Options
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Lasbrook wrote: »

It's still going to be bad

and?

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

PAX East will take place June 3 - 6, 2021
    PAX West will take place September 3 - 6, 2021
    PAX Aus will have more info coming soon
    PAX Unplugged will take place December 10 - 12, 2021
    No PAX South next year

June 2021 still seems way too soon for a convention

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Unless production and distribution get a big unexpected boost, vaccines are not going to be available to enough people for June to make sense. Even September feels like a big maybe.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    The current Canadian expectation is "everyone who wants a vaccine will *probably* have it by September 2021"

In which case, I will happily get birthday wasted somewhere on this or another continent (Rorschach and I have discussed the potential for an informal Philly PAX) but presumably the next official PAX for me would be South 2022

Which, given how hard a party last South was, could potentially cleave San Antonio in two with pure party energy

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    There might be enough stored party energy that even I might become slightly less square.
    https://gfycat.com/knobbyanguishedarrowcrab-simpsons-al-gore-celebrate

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    PAX East being my birthday weekend is very tempting, but I am still wary of how things will be by then. I seriously doubt I will want to "go" to West even, though that's become more of a hang outside of the convention itself thing as the years have gone by.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Even in the very unlikely event that I feel safe enough attending a convention of any sort in 2021, I doubt my finances will have recovered from this year until early 2022 anyway, so yeah, next one for me is probably that South.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    In all honesty I think South might end up being the first one to actually return anyway considering vaccine distribution logistics.

• Options
    edited October 2021

FC4DLgKWUAcTrIy.jpg

PAX South is dead. No more. 2015-2020.

FUCK.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Madican wrote: »
    In all honesty I think South might end up being the first one to actually return anyway considering vaccine distribution logistics.

lmao

• Options
    Yeah. This really sucks. RIP to the best PAX

• Options
    So....does anyone want to go to PAX East?

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    As if I didn't hate San Antonio already.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767