As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SECRET SATANS 2020. PERFECT GIFTING!

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Even though I said I had enough games... I do still have a steam wishlist, so I added that to my wishlist.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »
    I got two packages yesterday!

They were the vitamins I ordered!

merry christmas!

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

merry christmas!

Dangit, now I have to find someone else to give all this folate to

steam_sig.png
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Cristoval wrote: »
    Remember to double check which address is attached to your Amazon wishlist! I've already hit a snag on that front, and if you are a dumb-dumb like me you didn't just use the address which was provided, and gifts may now be AWOL.

Looks like I've made my annual holiday WhOoPsiE.

Oops :#

I just updated mine, I'm sorry Satan :'(

Remember to double check which address is attached to your Amazon wishlist! I've already hit a snag on that front, and if you are a dumb-dumb like me you didn't just use the address which was provided, and gifts may now be AWOL.

Looks like I've made my annual holiday WhOoPsiE.

In case that was mine the default address in my amazon account is correct. I assume that's the one associated with my wishlist as I couldn't find a specific address link in there.

steam_sig.png
  • ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

merry christmas!

1c9kr0yu7m2r.png

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    He did it

By God, the mad lad actually did it
    ui6by44olnq1.jpeg

Thank you @Tef , very excited to play this in my only CD player remaining, my PC tower

I also haven't stopped laughing for about five minutes

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    only 16 more to go

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Got a notice of a missed package in the mail so now I gotta wait a couple hours until I can run to post office.
    I'm all atingle with anticipation.

steam_sig.png
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Target acquired.
    Disengaging all safety restrictions.
    Release gifting joy on my mark.
    3, 2, 1....FIRE!!

Gift away!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular

Same, but mine were a molcajete I ordered 3 weeks ago and a humidifier my mom bought for me!

edited December 2020
    Got a notice of a missed package in the mail so now I gotta wait a couple hours until I can run to post office.
    I'm all atingle with anticipation.
    Boo can't pick it up today cause it's still on the truck til they try again tomorrow.
    Edit: Well dang, that was my niece's birthday present which I didn't realize until she opened all her presents just now and the Shel Silverstein books weren't in them. Guess I didnt click on my sister's address hard enough when I selected the shipping options.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    3TX0C9Q.gif
    Holy shit! A GIANT box showed up to my door and inside was a GIANT bag! Shown here with a Bean for reference
    u8rwbq3dd2md.jpg

I read the cards and learned my gift is from @Handkor , who saw something on my wishlist and thought "nah... nah, I can do better than this"
    09f8wiivr946.jpg

It's an instant pot! But a bigger and better version than the one on my list! This is so rad, thank you! I am hopefully soon to embark on a JOURNEY of weight-loss surgery and a complete change in my daily eating routine, and being able to make lots of meals in advance and just eat out of the fridge is going to make my life a lot easier.

They also included some important maintenance advice and help in the form of a pair of replacement silicone seals, which wear out over time.

So genuinely, this is going to be a huge help for me and my family and I'm very appreciative!

• CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Instapots are a genuine lifesaver. My mother in law bought one for us last Christmas and I never stop thanking her. She legally owns my soul now.

THIS IS NOT A POSITION I WANTED TO FIND MYSELF IN. But in a way it is worth it.

• RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    My wife absolutely loooooooves the instant pot her mother got us, they're fantastic

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    We got one and we use it at least weekly, a year and a half later

They're worth their weight in gold

Definitely the best for soups and stews though

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    I got one earlier this year. Used it regularly over the summer. It’s fine.

Then we had another kid and my wife has special soups she had to drink for the first 30 days after the birth so that means it has been used EVERY SINGLE DAY since then and it now has a place of honor in my heart.

If I had to cook these soups manually every day I wouldn’t even have time to take care of the baby :P

Perrsun on
  • N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    EDIT: gifter discovered in the D&D thread because I'm blind and can't read sign-up lists well or something. 😂

N1tSt4lker on
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    I can confirm I have been gifted! I am in the middle of Thanksgiving stuff ATM, and will need sometime to get proper pics, but I am thrilled!

Also: What the fuck, Dark Benefactor, it's been like two days, you are an actual wizard.

3TX0C9Q.gif

I apologize for the delay, and if you were to accuse me of being a brigand for waiting so long, I wouldn't blame you.

But I have things! Things and stuff! Things and stuff of a dark and terrible... well, I mean, not that kind of terrible, more the... uh, you know what, I'll just post the pictures.

First: A Dark Missive!
    vpIKVCw.jpg

Within lay the most sinister of all cooking utensils: Flatware
    IA6Qggv.jpeg

A curious thing to open first, but absolutely appropriate for building a narrative as it turns out, at least if the second missive was to be believed...
    nrJ5RaU.jpeg

Cooking? In space? Where did it come from? Did it come from the Moon? Did this wizard send me a gift from the moon?
    a68dBis.jpeg

Delectable.

Thank you so much, O Darkest of Benefactors! I will think of you fondly as I make these dark dishes, loaded with their Taken Butter.

That's butter that's been Taken by the Hive King, Oryx, not butter that was taken from, like... the store... yeah, I think you get it.

<3

EDIT: Oh, right, as an aside, all of the Destiny books come with a code for a special emblem that you can wear in game, which was a nice bonus!

I have commemorated my Satan's dark deeds in this game, with an associated name change that I hope they will find apropos.

7STiWYT.png

And now, have some additional hearts.

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    The Ramen recipe better be on point!

PSN: jfrofl
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Hey so I’m not sure if this is actually a Satans gift, as it showed up in my mailbox with no identifying info and also seemed impossibly timely, since I literally only just got glasses late last week

But it’s cute as heck, so thank you dear Satan if it was you!
    vhqfg1bmv4h7.jpeg

e: I’ve since received an Impstant message advising that this was indeed the work of Satan, hell yeah

Veldrin on
  • CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Australian magpies also rule.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Australian magpies also rule.

I miss their singing, so much.

A magpie warbling while a light rain falls makes my entire body relax

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Your magpies warble? Huh. Ours just kind of croak

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    That video woke up both of my dogs from a sound slumber and got numerous oscillating head tilts. 5/5 would birb again.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    It almost sounds like it's singing backwards which is very cool

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hey @Veldrin I'm sure you would have posted if you had, but you haven't gotten any larger packages in your PO Box have you?

USPS tracking stops when it leaves the USA.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Hey Veldrin I'm sure you would have posted if you had, but you haven't gotten any larger packages in your PO Box have you?

I did! I actually picked one up yesterday evening, but only managed to open it this morning, sorry!

3TX0C9Q.gif
    azf6g0o680to.jpeg

Hell yes! My very humble collection of board games has been slowly growing over the past few years, so this will be the perfect addition.

Thanks so much @Bucketman :)

Veldrin on
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    3TX0C9Q.gif

Real name was listed on the gift tags, so I am uncertain who to shout out for thanks, but I got a really wonderful package today!
    FBaaz0y.jpg?1

A book I've been excited to read for a while, a game that seems like it'll be a blast for my wife and I, and some ridiculously-tasty spicy Virginia peanuts that I've already had a feverish handful of. A really, really delightful gift, thank you so much Satan!

Poorochondriac on
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I can confirm I have been gifted! I am in the middle of Thanksgiving stuff ATM, and will need sometime to get proper pics, but I am thrilled!

Also: What the fuck, Dark Benefactor, it's been like two days, you are an actual wizard.

3TX0C9Q.gif

I apologize for the delay, and if you were to accuse me of being a brigand for waiting so long, I wouldn't blame you.

But I have things! Things and stuff! Things and stuff of a dark and terrible... well, I mean, not that kind of terrible, more the... uh, you know what, I'll just post the pictures.
    First: A Dark Missive!
    vpIKVCw.jpg

Within lay the most sinister of all cooking utensils: Flatware
    IA6Qggv.jpeg

A curious thing to open first, but absolutely appropriate for building a narrative as it turns out, at least if the second missive was to be believed...
    nrJ5RaU.jpeg

Cooking? In space? Where did it come from? Did it come from the Moon? Did this wizard send me a gift from the moon?
    a68dBis.jpeg

Delectable.

Thank you so much, O Darkest of Benefactors! I will think of you fondly as I make these dark dishes, loaded with their Taken Butter.

That's butter that's been Taken by the Hive King, Oryx, not butter that was taken from, like... the store... yeah, I think you get it.

<3

EDIT: Oh, right, as an aside, all of the Destiny books come with a code for a special emblem that you can wear in game, which was a nice bonus!

I have commemorated my Satan's dark deeds in this game, with an associated name change that I hope they will find apropos.

7STiWYT.png

And now, have some additional hearts.

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

3TX0C9Q.gif

As it turns out, @Naphtali was not, in fact, done.

I present to you the following tale, told in three photographs. And with nested spoilers, for maximum suspense.
    DJDyVml.jpg
    KaLp9Pj.jpg
    wjFNM9H.jpeg

If you heard yelling about half an hour ago, it was me, I was the one doing the yelling, because this is an extremely generous gift, Naph, holy shit.

Not pictured is a Nintendo eShop code of fiendish provenance, which I'm 99.9 percent certain is Breath of the Wild, but I will find out for sure as soon as I boot up my Switch.

Also: I have a Switch now, holy shit, Naph.

Here is a picture of my Satan's darkest and most generous of works, collected together in one location. Pentacle not included, alas.
    gaEpbSH.jpeg

Seriously, I'm blown away, and extremely grateful.

Thank you so much, Naphtali. I owe you a dinner next time we manage to make it out to a PAX. Possibly several dinners. We'll play it by ear. <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

[IMG][/img]
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I was really surprised it got there so soon! I was about to send you a PM the other day on how I went with the gray joycon switch since it would be in stock by December 28th, and the red/blues were backordered until January even though you had that one on your wishlist. I guess Amazon just straight up magically found stock or something. It's a Festivus miracle.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    Satanee/santee... check your typical delivery area soon. Very soon.

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Hey @Veldrin I'm sure you would have posted if you had, but you haven't gotten any larger packages in your PO Box have you?

I haven't specifically tried with Aus Post but this may be helpful to anyone shipping to international:

Usually you can take your USPS (or other country's) tracking number, go to the destination country's post service, and track its ongoing progress using the same tracking number. It doesn't get assigned a new number every time it crosses an international border. Anyway this works with SingPost from the USPS, Hong Kong and the Royal Mail or whatever the UK calls their postal service, so it may be helpful to others.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular

I haven't specifically tried with Aus Post but this may be helpful to anyone shipping to international:

Usually you can take your USPS (or other country's) tracking number, go to the destination country's post service, and track its ongoing progress using the same tracking number. It doesn't get assigned a new number every time it crosses an international border. Anyway this works with SingPost from the USPS, Hong Kong and the Royal Mail or whatever the UK calls their postal service, so it may be helpful to others.

You can usually do this with Canada Post too!

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I figure it's probably a standard international postal service practice but I hate to make a blanket statement and then have someone be like "Well ACTUALLY here in Timor-Leste we don't HAVE a postal service"

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    Fun fact: Timor-Leste has no postal service

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Well that sucks for them

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Oh no, my Satanee is Timor-Lestian, what do I do

Brovid Hasselsmof on