As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Installing Ubuntu from USB - how do?!

Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships)Registered User regular
So I had a laptop disaster and lost an HDD. I've replaced it with a SSD and figured what better time to install Ubuntu and go Linux than now? So I've downloaded it to a USB stick put in the laptop on startup and... it boots to BIOS. Can't get it to load Ubuntu from the USB.

Meanwhile, I have a Windows 10 install USB, and that tries to install itself just fine from the USB. Does anyone have any insights into why I'm getting thwarted trying to do the Linux install?

• Options
    AkimboEGAkimboEG Mr. Fancypants Wears very fine pants indeedRegistered User regular
    You'll need to use a tool to create a bootable usb. Rufus and UNetbootin are two that I remember.

Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on