As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Home Theater

2»

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Just pee in the empty cup while you enjoy the second cup like an adult.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »
    jothki wrote: »
    MarcinMN wrote: »
    II even rarely have to pee during a movie because, you know, I'm an adult and know what causes you to need to pee....

Are you saying that you somehow manage to not drink half of your soda before the previews are even over? I don't believe you.

Is it possible to learn this power?

It's easy. Get TWO sodas.

But if I drink half my soda before the previews, then if I buy two sodas I'll have finished off an entire soda! You're only making things worse!

Yes, this is a thorny problem. Then you'd only be left with one soda.

Okay, okay, okay. Hear me out:

THREE sodas.

• Options
    MagicalGoatsMagicalGoats Registered User regular
    I'll miss going to see the huge movie releases with other fans that just want to be there. The lines to see star wars being filled with people in costume who didn't want to critique, but just thought laser swords were neat. The deafening cheers and screams, along with the laughter (sometimes at the movie not with it). Riding the highs and the lows of a crowd being able to feel the anxiety and feed off the energy of that many people with a shared experience; all this without needing to do anything more than attend? I love it. Were there some horrible moments oh absolutely! In a way hilarious themselves! Pulp Fiction, a friend of mine had to use the bathroom almost exactly the time when
    John Travolta died. Since the movie's timeline was, well, what it was, we spent a LOT of time trying to convince him that really did happen, with him gesturing wildly at the screen and telling us where we can shove our lies. To this day "Doesn't John Travolta die in that one? Nah. He was there at the ending. He lives." is still comedy gold for (most of) us.

Now, if I want a shared huge crowd experience like that I will have to go watch sports. Time to go buy a Seattle Krakens hoodie I guess. What can I say, I just think they're neat. :)

There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life, that cannot be improved with pizza.
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    dennis wrote: »
    jothki wrote: »
    MarcinMN wrote: »
    II even rarely have to pee during a movie because, you know, I'm an adult and know what causes you to need to pee....

Are you saying that you somehow manage to not drink half of your soda before the previews are even over? I don't believe you.

Is it possible to learn this power?

It's easy. Get TWO sodas.

But if I drink half my soda before the previews, then if I buy two sodas I'll have finished off an entire soda! You're only making things worse!

Just for the people downhill from you.

One of perks of the paid AMC program was I believe auto larger popcorn and free soda refills. May have been the other way.

Either way, that is a lot of soda and popcorn.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    For a few movies I was thrilled that our local theater had added a bar as part of the normal concessions. Then eventually I realized I wasn't thrilled to be paying $13 for a Stella Artois or whatever.

What is this I don't even.