As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Pokémon] Thread! Sword & Shield OUT NOW!!

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    They're Cyan and Magenta, get it?
    so now we got CYMK complete, Cyan, Yellow, Magenta and Black

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Doing my first actual shiny hunt now that i have the shiny charm. 691 Encounters in for Toxel.

Starting to regret not trying to Masuda it because at times Toxel just will not appear for minutes at a time

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Pokemon Go's doing a minor event specifically for The Video Game Awards, so maybe there will be some kind of Pokemon news?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Most likely, they announced that there was some upcoming Pokemon news/events at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Pokemon Go's doing a minor event specifically for The Video Game Awards, so maybe there will be some kind of Pokemon news?

The Zarude code comes out tomorrow

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    I have a spare Zarude code is anyone is caught short.
    It's a code from Europe, but it should work outside of there, as I used another one from the same source and it certainly did work.
    I now have the angry monkey thing and my living dex project moves one small step closer to completion.

sig.gif
    HerrCron wrote: »
    It's a code from Europe, but it should work outside of there, as I used another one from the same source and it certainly did work.
    I now have the angry monkey thing and my living dex project moves one small step closer to completion.

@HerrCron I managed to miss it if you haven't already given it away.

Sure, all yours!

sig.gif
    HerrCron wrote: »

I hope Ill be fine I double checked my email with them and Ive been getting them again for the last few weeks

edited December 2020
    Yeah i'm always nervous about any event tied to that stupid newsletter because i rarely get it and i even triple checked to make sure it would be sent to me.

No idea why we can't have easier to access events especially for something as significant as Zarude.

Also i have 992 Scorbunnies now. Sitting in home so many scorbunny so many

Zunde on
    Well, if anyone else has missed out and is looking to get the code quickly, it is being destributed in Ireland via the gamestop website.
    You just need to sign up specifically to get pokemon code (they say it won't put you on their regular newsletter mailing list) before the 13th of December.

go here

And scroll to the bottom, enter your email and no need to tick the box.
    it should work.

You'll get a confirmation email, and then at some point in the next week or so, they'll send you the code.

sig.gif
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Yay thanks for that link.

What was I supposed to do before today to get Zaruda?

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
    For NA the pokemon trainer club newsletter. That literally had a 3 day cut off period between it being announced.

Welp no email yet. Maybe the gamestop one will pay out. I got their worthless email sbout the twitch stream. So damn annoying

My inbox was literally full of pokemon trainer club spam mail trying to sell me stuff but the actual Zarude email never came which is pretty on brand with that specific newsletter.

Ended up getting one from a kind person who made a ton of dummy emails to get multiple codes so all's well that ends well i guess.

If anyone has a spare code I have a ton of pokemon Im willing to breed up in exchange as a thank you.

Thank you @Kizmitt !

• KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    No worries! I picked up an earlier one from France.

Kizmitt wrote: »
    No worries! I picked up an earlier one from France.

If any of my back ups show up Ill be paying it forward.

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Shoot!

If anybody has a spare code, I’d love to have it- if the codes are still good through Christmas, I’ll use one as a gift for my niece.

Can you trade Zarude through Home?

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    So do you need the expac passes to connect Sword with Home? It's telling me it's an older version of the software and can't connect, but forcing the manual update option says Sword is up to date.

If I have to pay another $60 just to fuckin' update Sword so I can use home that's some horseshit.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    edited December 2020
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Shoot!

If anybody has a spare code, I’d love to have it- if the codes are still good through Christmas, I’ll use one as a gift for my niece.

Can you trade Zarude through Home?

You can do friend to friend I think but not gts

King Riptor on
    hi
    i know there is a pokemon go but i want to post it here too

8wr17psv0w2f.png

come be my pogo buddies!

camo_sig2.png
    edited December 2020
    So I wanna start making some eggs to get the last 45 pokemon bank says I need and Im fed up with gts. Are there any pokemon that people on here prefer ? I have a a max IV ditto and Ive gotten some lucky gts trades over the years so I can pump out pretty much anything with 4-5 perfect stats with minmal work. Also I know hyper training is a thing so Im not sure if thats as important anymore
    Notable potential parents
    Rotom( 5 perfect stats also Japanese so masuda method is in play)
    Tyranitar( 6)
    Speed boost Blaziken( in progress)
    Gardevior(5)
    Dragonite(5)
    Aromatisse( in progress)

King Riptor on
    Hyper training is “expensive,” and the ‘mon has to be level 100 so yeah, people do still very much care about IVs.

I have a complete ‘dex. If you’re missing anything that can be bred, post it here. Pretty sure the pokefam can provide.

akjak wrote: »
    Hyper training is “expensive,” and the ‘mon has to be level 100 so yeah, people do still very much care about IVs.

I have a complete ‘dex. If you’re missing anything that can be bred, post it here. Pretty sure the pokefam can provide.

Most of what I need is locked out currently and my Bank transfer was missing a ton of my x/y and sumo dudes or it'd be like 17.

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    So apparently I never got a Zarude code. That stinks as I've been signed up for the newsletter for forever. :(

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    So apparently I never got a Zarude code. That stinks as I've been signed up for the newsletter for forever. :(

I'm not even sure they sent the newsletter out. I got one last week but so far haven't received anything.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    If it helps, I found mine in the promotions tab of gmail.
    Subject is Add Zarude to your team!

The whole Zarude process has been a confusing pain.

At any rate, someone was nice enough to give me a code, so I'll pay my code forward. Check your messages, @Brainiac 8 !

Kizmitt wrote: »
    If it helps, I found mine in the promotions tab of gmail.
    Subject is Add Zarude to your team!

Oh people arent getting the newsletter at all. Ive been subbed for like 10 odd years and they just stopped showing up sometime after X/Y according to my search. Like I'd get a random one here and there but none with codes for Pokemon

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular

The whole Zarude process has been a confusing pain.

At any rate, someone was nice enough to give me a code, so I'll pay my code forward. Check your messages, @Brainiac 8 !

You are awesome! Thanks so much!

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
    I got the code email from gamestop Ireland, but they wrote it in some chancery font bullshit that is SO HARD to read you guys.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    me, replaying White: "fuck it, I've never really interacted with the status system before in single player, let's give it a try."

So I get Lenora's Herdier to -5 attack with my Audino's Growl thanks to some lucky Take Down misses early on.

Herdier crits three consecutive times to ignore the attack penalty and one-shot all the Pokemon I'd put any effort into levelling.

I wonder why nobody bothers to interact with this system you've designed, Game Freak.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    Ok so I need tge following
    Unown
    Spinda
    Gliscor
    Servine
    Dewott
    Simisage
    Pansear
    Simipour
    Panpour
    Blitzle
    Leavanny
    Ducklett
    Alomomla
    Eeletrik
    Chesnaught
    Frogadier
    Spewpa
    Vivillion
    Flabebe
    Floete
    Florges
    Pikipek
    Toucanon
    Crabominable
    Oricorio
    Minior
    Komala
    Togedemaru
    Bruxish

Also Marshadow and Zeroara but Im not holding my breath there. Also these are bank only and I have no idea how trades work on there yet

• TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    me, replaying White: "fuck it, I've never really interacted with the status system before in single player, let's give it a try."

So I get Lenora's Herdier to -5 attack with my Audino's Growl thanks to some lucky Take Down misses early on.

Herdier crits three consecutive times to ignore the attack penalty and one-shot all the Pokemon I'd put any effort into levelling.

I wonder why nobody bothers to interact with this system you've designed, Game Freak.

In my experience, the only good moves like that are the ones like Swords Dance that give 2 or more boosts. Nasty Plot, Quiver Dance, Dragon Dance, moves like that tend to be worthwhile even in the story, because you can set up for a sweep. Moves that lower accuracy/ boost evasion can also be worth it if you can live long enough to spam them.

Single stat drops/boosts are a waste of time. Drops in particular tend to be bad unless they're incidental (like from Intimidate) because at best you're only crippling a single Pokemon. I suggest instead you see about focusing on status conditions, like Toxic, Paralysis, and Confusion. Maybe throw in some entry hazards and Whirlwind or Roar.

Unown
    Spinda
    Gliscor
    Servine
    Dewott
    Simisage
    Pansear
    Simipour
    Panpour
    Blitzle
    Leavanny
    Ducklett
    Alomomla
    Eeletrik
    Chesnaught
    Frogadier
    Spewpa
    Vivillion
    Flabebe
    Floete
    Florges
    Pikipek
    Toucanon
    Crabominable
    Oricorio
    Minior
    Komala
    Togedemaru
    Bruxish

Also Marshadow and Zeroara but Im not holding my breath there. Also these are bank only and I have no idea how trades work on there yet

You can import about half of them from Pokemon Go.

Unown
    Spinda
    Gliscor
    Servine
    Dewott
    Simisage
    Pansear
    Simipour
    Panpour
    Blitzle
    Leavanny
    Ducklett
    Alomomla
    Eeletrik
    Chesnaught
    Frogadier
    Spewpa
    Vivillion
    Flabebe
    Floete
    Florges
    Pikipek
    Toucanon
    Crabominable
    Oricorio
    Minior
    Komala
    Togedemaru
    Bruxish

You can import about half of them from Pokemon Go.

Well that would require me playing a game I despise. Id rather breed pokemans for people here

i'm playing PoGo for the mythicals and shinies and i'm hating every step of the way

i can help you with any other mons, jut give me a couple of days to check.

camo_sig2.png
    i'm playing PoGo for the mythicals and shinies and i'm hating every step of the way

i can help you with any other mons, jut give me a couple of days to check.

Much appreciated