As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Cyberpunk 2077] Delisted on PSN in 2020, post-final release pushed back 57 years

DrezDrez Registered User regular
edited December 2020 in Games and Technology
Updated 12-15-2020 at 7:22 PM
Updated again on 12-18-2020 at 10:37 AM

Previouser thread title: Cyberpunk 2077 is OUT and it's RAD

Previous thread titled: [Cyberpunk 2077] - Gnarliest Rad Game of Tubular Greatness Is Finally Here

2vo5y8r20h86.png

This is a JRPG about summons. The most powerful summon spell in the game is Summon Car through which you call upon the almighty powers of Valet, the Infinite Car God:

It is also about being a healer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ErNY5RY_gI

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
Drez on

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    [Reserved] - just in case

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    i will never give up the beautiful hot pink shotgun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6YOWk6w2ug

i havent spent skill points on anything other than ram recovery and some minor breach stuff and so far things seem fine on very hard but im avoiding all the actual guns (other than shotgun) like the plague

the only enemies who have felt spongey have been the obviously over level enemies (thanks for dropping some level 20 gear i cant use tho bros)

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Pain is getting a level 30 epic katana and being level 13.

• ED!ED! Registered User regular
    As good as the acting has been in this game, I feel like the animators/riggers/whathaveyous have to be given special shout-out as a lot of this wouldn't work if they didn't have believable animation buttressing it. For example (MAJOR spoilers)
    At Konpeki Plaza when Yorinobu kills Saburo, the way Saburo moves wearily as he's chastising his son and then Yorinobu's face as he chokes his father to death and then contemplating his actions after the act - just incredible. I also love that they gave the scene time to breath without input from the characters in the scene.

. . .just really excellent work all around.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Was wondering if you guys could help me figure out what I need to improve to get sixty fps in CP out of my desktop?

I play at 1600X900 resolution with a RX 580 8gb, 16gb RAM, AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor and good NVME SSD but lowering /turning off settings doesn't really seem to be stopping it from dipping into the 30-45 range often.

Does it look like I need an upgrade to get 60 FPS consistency out of it?

Money is no object.

Okay, its a pretty big object but still.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    The main bugs I have seen are glitchy physics. Props floating in air, people clipping through cars, shit like that.

Does anyone know a clothing shop that sells classic staples like black trenchcoats and sunglasses?

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Turn on dynamic resolution scaling and set the scaling limits. 80 to 100 seems like the sweet spot (for me at least).

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    So

Is it possible to do a no-kills / nonlethal only run a la Deus Ex: Human Revolution, or do you gotta murderhobo?

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    I imagine if you are sneaky enough and creative with distractions/hacking you could do no/low kill.

And ditto on the getting gear higher than your level.

Enigmedic on
    edited December 2020
    ED! wrote: »
    Turn on dynamic resolution scaling and set the scaling limits. 80 to 100 seems like the sweet spot (for me at least).
    Not making a difference.

This is pretty weird. I know my PC isn't cutting edge but I thought it would be decent enough atleast on medium or low..

Dr. Chaos on
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Hm, I got a nice tech weapon, which is supposed to have a charged shot

But how do I charge it? (PC)

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    edited December 2020

Hold the fire button.

You're Mega Man now.

Dr. Chaos on
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    i will never give up the beautiful hot pink shotgun

That is a beautiful death machine. Nice chunky sound too, not quite Doom/Hellwalker grade, but still satisfying.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

Hold the fire button.

You're Mega Man now.

ahh, that only seems to work in ADS though

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

Hold the fire button.

You're Mega Man now.

ahh, that only seems to work in ADS though
    Must be a bug.

My shotgun charges fine without aiming down.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    It bothers me you can't say goodbye to people to end conversations. All you can do is walk away.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Damn third crash in under an hour playing on the PS5.

I found this cool item, in one of the early mid game story missions
    cn6ejl230cx6.png
    It's a cane with a snake's head that poisons and electrocutes enemies at the same time
    1sv4o4ov0tn1.jpg

Interesting to see there's blue quality uniques in this game!

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    urahonky wrote: »

randomly, or at the same place?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    It bothers me you can't say goodbye to people to end conversations. All you can do is walk away.

You should go.

MasterCard.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I also got a random drop 90 armor subdermal plating from somewhere I have no memory of.

I'm still level 6, and Vinny doesn't charge labor apparently. Free to install.

• MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    30-40fps on medium. eesh. Oh well at least my hand and arm don't want to kill me.
    Anyone got any tweaking resources?

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.

Randomly. First time I just got in the car. Another time it was when I walked by a group of punks. This one was when I was walking towards the quest "the ride".

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I keep getting really long pauses during some scenes.

Also if I travel anywhere too fast I end up waiting ~15 seconds for the interactable environment around me to appear.

• drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    Tactical Booty shorts is the only street wear I need.

Seriously should just boost my cool to 20 just wearing them. Then I can go gorilla hands and be Saxon Hale or something.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »

Also if I travel anywhere too fast I end up waiting ~15 seconds for the interactable environment around me to appear.

Is your harddrive slow?

Tactical Booty shorts is the only street wear I need.

Seriously should just boost my cool to 20 just wearing them. Then I can go gorilla hands and be Saxon Hale or something.
    you sure?
    g7aud5eojo2r.png

Randomly. First time I just got in the car. Another time it was when I walked by a group of punks. This one was when I was walking towards the quest "the ride".

hmm, that sucks. anyone else play on a ps5 and experiencing these problems?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »

Is your harddrive slow?

I.E. is it a hard drive?

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    After playing for a few hours on series x, i get random pauses - 2-3 seconds, then it comes back. I just bail out and come back in.

I did a job that was lifted straight from the office rescuing a doctor and got a really nice blue quality katana,
    6m95lf58pkfp.png
    then found a really, really nice purple AR with a long to mid range scope that I have just been murdering fools with.

Nosf on
    Well I experienced the game breaking "Talk to Viktor" bug. Fun! At least I didn't do much else after that, just some minor exploration.

Drez wrote: »
    Well I experienced the game breaking "Talk to Viktor" bug. Fun! At least I didn't do much else after that, just some minor exploration.

Can you describe what that is without spoilers?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular

Fell four feet to my death earlier. Real deal story spoilers, don't click if you haven't see the game title pop yet.
    I'll admit I was surprised with the Jackie thing and Dexter too.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    How's this run on a One X? They did say everything would transfer over/smart deliver to the Series X later, yeah?

• AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Had a quirky physics bug where my car, literally at the first car introduction where you "learn" to drive, flung up 15 stories or so from some odd physics reaction and smashed into the street. Fortunately that didn't do much damage to me. Car was a mess though.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius

I read about it now. Seeing as this locks you out of any quests since the quest state is in limbo.. Should prevent any progress anyways, or can you do minor missions?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg

Can you describe what that is without spoilers?

Sure: There’s a widespread bug that happens extremely early in the game via a mandatory story mission. You’re supposed to talk to someone. If you talk to that person and that quest step doesn’t “complete” your game is broken and the only solution is to reload an earlier save and keep redoing that stage of the quest until it proceeds like it should.

I read about it now. Seeing as this locks you out of any quests since the quest state is in limbo.. Should prevent any progress anyways, or can you do minor missions?

It looks like it might allow you to do side quests from what I read.

I’m going to do a major revision to the OP by tomorrow - will add info about major bugs I encounter.

• AumniAumni Registered User regular

It looks like it might allow you to do side quests from what I read.

I’m going to do a major revision to the OP by tomorrow - will add info about major bugs I encounter.

I got stuck with the same bug. I did some gigs and side missions and eventually it cleared and I was able to continue.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius