As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Cyberpunk 2077] Delisted on PSN in 2020, post-final release pushed back 57 years

• autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Well I experienced the game breaking "Talk to Viktor" bug. Fun! At least I didn't do much else after that, just some minor exploration.

Can you describe what that is without spoilers?

Sure: There’s a widespread bug that happens extremely early in the game via a mandatory story mission. You’re supposed to talk to someone. If you talk to that person and that quest step doesn’t “complete” your game is broken and the only solution is to reload an earlier save and keep redoing that stage of the quest until it proceeds like it should.

Luckily the game autosaves a lot

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    How's this run on a One X? They did say everything would transfer over/smart deliver to the Series X later, yeah?

Pretty good. It's got some nice HDR implementation and I've only had a handful of framerate issues, almost always during combat or driving fast. I have it installed on an external SSD and load times aren't bad at all, bout on par with AssCreed Valhalla there.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Well I experienced the game breaking "Talk to Viktor" bug. Fun! At least I didn't do much else after that, just some minor exploration.

Can you describe what that is without spoilers?

Sure: There’s a widespread bug that happens extremely early in the game via a mandatory story mission. You’re supposed to talk to someone. If you talk to that person and that quest step doesn’t “complete” your game is broken and the only solution is to reload an earlier save and keep redoing that stage of the quest until it proceeds like it should.

Luckily the game autosaves a lot

Note that it doesn't autosave when you quick travel. I figured it would but on my third crash I lost 10 minutes of time.

• JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    dporowski wrote: »
    How's this run on a One X? They did say everything would transfer over/smart deliver to the Series X later, yeah?

I'm playing on a One X, only no HDR or SSD on mine unlike BlackDragon's above, and it's absolutely fine.

Yes, it will smart deliver. It even has the Smart Delivery logo on the box of a physical copy.

- - -

I tried it out on my old OG Xbox One, for science. It was very, very not good. If they can get the framerate up to somewhere nearer 30 and stop the ten-second freezes, it might become playable... but right now it's rough. To be fair, there was no pop-in of note, and textures loaded in on time, but there were very few people anywhere and not a lot of cars. Also that was on my bedroom TV which is 720p, and I'm pretty sure the resolution was well below that. Guessing 560p but DF will tell us more when they eviscerate it.

The difference even between a One and One X for this game is night and day.

Jazz on
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Oh man.

I'm so glad Mr. Puggins story has a happy ending. GOTY.

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    The difference even between a One and One X for this game is night and day.

I don't know if it's worst case scenarios or not representative, but the footage I've seen of the game running on older consoles has been...uh, like they should not have even been released at all? If I paid $60 for some of the goofy stuff I was seeing I'd be pissed.

Anyway, does anyone know how you level some of the skills, like Cold Blood? I just noticed you can level up stealth after a fight by just hiding the bodies in dumpsters regardless of whether or not there's anyone hostile left.

s7Imn5J.png
  • ED!ED! Registered User regular
    LMAO. The game just told me, in no uncertain terms, to "Go get a fucking job."

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    gZ8HA0S.png

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I need to get more contacts so that every side thing i'm doing isn't to the benefit of the fucking cops.

• cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    This is driving me mad. Hacking/cyberdeck question that might be spoilery:
    How the hell is RAM calculated? And Buffer? I have 2 base RAM on the base cyberdeck, but I actually have 5 RAM available, why (take that back, I actually have 7)? My intelligence is 12, and it says it increases by 4% per point, so that should be... not even 3. And my Buffer size is 4, but sometimes I have 6 buffer when doing a jack-in hack. There are like 50 guides online that tell you which buttons to push, but no one actually explains anything about how it works.

cncaudata on
    PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Ran into a gamebreaking bug. Tried reloading and it didn't fix it. Could maybe try loading an older save, but I think my last save before that was quite a while ago. I think I'm gonna hang this game up until they fix it. It's too bad cause I was really enjoying it when it wasn't bugging out. They really should've delayed this shit until next year at the earliest. Releasing a game in this state is frankly unacceptable. Kinda wish I could get a refund, honestly.

Bug in question, pretty soon after you get the titlecard:
    After the heist mission and the titlecard and you're in the Johnny Silverhand flashback, in the helicopter when you do the chopper gunner thing where you have to defeat all the enemies on the rooftop, it never registers all the enemies as dead even if I kill them all. It will just keep circling the rooftop forever.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Aumni wrote: »

I read about it now. Seeing as this locks you out of any quests since the quest state is in limbo.. Should prevent any progress anyways, or can you do minor missions?

It looks like it might allow you to do side quests from what I read.

I’m going to do a major revision to the OP by tomorrow - will add info about major bugs I encounter.

I got stuck with the same bug. I did some gigs and side missions and eventually it cleared and I was able to continue.

I don't know if this is the same problem I'm having where I get out of the car where it tells you to park at Vic's, then I cross the street and the game hard locks and crashes?

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I splurged on the super jump legs. My parkour intensifies.

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    The character creator isn't mind-blowing but I'm happy with what I produced

y2lct2ykcrou.png

I'm getting a ton of subtitle bugs even with subs turned off, just floating the same line stuck in place

Tutorial windows stay over my menu annoyingly

My shotgun stopped working permanently

I got the Viktor bug

Ultrawide resolution is bugged on photo mode. Can't move the mouse past the normal widescreen bounds, meaning I can't reach some buttons

Nothing disastrous yet, but damn

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    So I have a question/need some help
    After you wake up in your apartment after getting Johnny in your head
    the options to put on clothes are all locked out for me. Is this normal? Am I doomed to wander the rest of the game naked?

EDIT: Woop, nvm. I reloaded a prior save and it fixed it. This game is deffo a bit buggy but the ride is so good I'm willing to put up with the inconveniences!

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Judy is bae , this is fact and cannot be denied.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I keep hearing about a Title Card but I haven't seen it yet despite being ~6 hours into the game.

Outside of VR, this is easily the most immersive game I've ever played. I step away from my computer and feel like I lived in Night City. Characters and dialogue and holy shit the city are all just so ... real. I can't bring myself to fast travel because cruising or strolling through the beauty and chaos of the city is so dang interesting.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Titlecard happens after
    The Heist mission, I believe.
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I keep hearing about a Title Card but I haven't seen it yet despite being ~6 hours into the game.

Outside of VR, this is easily the most immersive game I've ever played. I step away from my computer and feel like I lived in Night City. Characters and dialogue and holy shit the city are all just so ... real. I can't bring myself to fast travel because cruising or strolling through the beauty and chaos of the city is so dang interesting.

Fast travel seems like a bad idea; I constantly come across things to do that aren't marked on the map as I run around. I barely travel by vehicle and when I do I guess it's usually by bike so I can zip down alleys and such.

15 / 30 now, rocking mostly purple gear aside from my white quality undershirt that I took to 89 armor just to see if it was capped - it apparently is not, and I not longer have materials.

Nosf on
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    The further I get the more engrossing I'm finding this.

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

What gets me is the visual variety for the pedestrians. Walk down the street and a hundred people look a hundred different ways, as opposed to any other game with crowds where it's maybe ten people repeated dozens of times. If you're lucky, they've got different colors of shirts and pants.

Here? I keep stopping to look at the random unique citizens. Saw one person who was some 80% scars. Saw a kid walking around with cybernetic eyes. Neither of them are characters, they're just random people walking down the street. I keep stopping to scan people because I think they just have to be some kind of side-story or bounty and nope, they're all just random folks.

And the whole character of the city changes from day to night. During the day, it's overflowing with people and traffic, with the odd crime here and there. At night, far fewer people wandering around and things at least feel much more dangerous.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    So it's looking like a Radeon R9 200 series is not going to cut it. I'm crashing to desktop as soon as it tries to get past the initial splash screen. Updating drivers but I'm not exactly optimistic :P

• MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Everything was going fine hovering around 30-40fps until I got into my car for the first time and boom 20fps. Ouch.

Now I'm messing around with CAS, trying to get it to only engage when it drops below 30fps. Studying how all these settings work.

Ah PC gaming, a life long learning system.

I used geforce experiences recommended settings? It turned everything off. Every setting was low or off. My fps didn't change at all.
    It was rather bizarre so I just bumped it back up and now I'm fiddling with cas.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    I’d been ignoring crafting and had a shitton of crafting mats and spent like, a literal full minute clicking upgrade on my stun baton which already had triple the dps of any other weapon I’d seen and increased its damage 10 fold and now even on the hardest difficulty I’m one shotting guys with one dainty tap...oops?

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Ran into a gamebreaking bug. Tried reloading and it didn't fix it. Could maybe try loading an older save, but I think my last save before that was quite a while ago. I think I'm gonna hang this game up until they fix it. It's too bad cause I was really enjoying it when it wasn't bugging out. They really should've delayed this shit until next year at the earliest. Releasing a game in this state is frankly unacceptable. Kinda wish I could get a refund, honestly.

After the heist mission and the titlecard and you're in the Johnny Silverhand flashback, in the helicopter when you do the chopper gunner thing where you have to defeat all the enemies on the rooftop, it never registers all the enemies as dead even if I kill them all. It will just keep circling the rooftop forever.
    I had the same thing. Keep firing on the roof until you can find and kill the enemy that's stuck in the floor. It's tedious but you should be able to get it.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    The most devastating part of this game more than anything else that has happened

Is me losing my stolen motorcycle because I just couldn't turn down Judy when she offered me a ride

I had that for hours!! Oh well..

Local H Jay on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Anyone getting an occasional 5 second freeze on Series X?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    The most devastating part of this game more than anything else that has happened

Is me losing my stolen motorcycle because I just couldn't turn down Judy when she offered me a ride

I had that for hours!! Oh well..

I lost my stolen motorcycle because a man with a malfunctioning robot penis needed a lift to a ripperdoc.

• stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    Guys I have a problem. I can't stop playing. It is 344am and I am trying to make myself calm down after playing. I have hit two game breaking bugs and I just powered through the times again and they worked.

This game guys.

steam_sig.png
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Ok so it turns out after updating drivers a Radeon R9 200 series can run it. The game just really doesn't like it when you don't get windows defender out of the way quick enough.

So it can it run it but I'm not sure it's playable. There's noticeable input lag from the mouse which is killing me trying to get headshots.

Gonna have to upgrade sooner rather than later it looks like.

Oh well, the fans in my 8 year old PC are dying one by one anyways :P

• QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    stopgap wrote: »
    Guys I have a problem. I can't stop playing. It is 344am and I am trying to make myself calm down after playing. I have hit two game breaking bugs and I just powered through the times again and they worked.

This game guys.

I finally stopped because I decided to run the Act 1 heist at 1130, figuring it wouldn't take that long.

And I just kept going... and then I was in Act 2... and holy shit do most people need a breather after that transition.

wbee62u815wj.png
    Ok so it turns out after updating drivers a Radeon R9 200 series can run it. The game just really doesn't like it when you don't get windows defender out of the way quick enough.

So it can it run it but I'm not sure it's playable. There's noticeable input lag from the mouse which is killing me trying to get headshots.

Gonna have to upgrade sooner rather than later it looks like.

Oh well, the fans in my 8 year old PC are dying one by one anyways :P

Again, I cannot stress enough the benefits of upgrading your GPU drivers and software for this game. That got rid of 95% of all crashes and most severe bugs. Your mileage can vary but it's always a good idea.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Man this game has some dark stuff in it, wow

• autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    stopgap wrote: »

This game guys.

Yeah, at around 1:30 am I thought 'okay. Won't be 4:30 am this time'

It wasn't. Next time I looked at the clock it was 4:45 am..

Time really flies

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    There's definitely something weird going on with LODs which might explain some of the graphical weirdness people have been reporting. I noticed it the most in the screenshot below, where Jackie's face looks normal, but his hands look like they're either using a very low LOD texture, or he's using the latest "baby skin" cybernetic augmentation.
    gdvdwiuz3x2v.jpg

Man this game has some dark stuff in it, wow

CDPR has never shied away from hardcore shit. Most of the Witcher's monsters are taken from Slavic mythology... including the famous Botchling in Witcher 3, which is a cursed creature made from a stillborn infant that wasn't buried properly. They are not shy about making their fans uncomfortable.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    I have a story about a side mission gig in the starting area (act 1) I want to share. It is dark. It is full spoilers for this mission. Beware!
    The mission was to get some medicine off a cyberpsycho fella.

I looted his house, opened the door to his room, and there he was. He had mental health problems, it was obvious. During the conversation, I managed to talk him down with my amazing body which apparently gives me knowledge of military service. This guy had been in the army. This got me talking to him and I got him to stand down. He told me to just take the medicine and go, he wanted to be alone.
    I looted everything in his house and left.

Then I realise the games ui wasn't working properly. It was telling me I hadn't picked up the medicine (it turns out this bug is fixed by just dumping the medicine in the drop box, in case anyone else has it). In confusion I went back and I found him sitting on his chair, slumped over. "Asleep?" I wondered, then I walked over and saw he had a bullethole in his head, and he was lootable.

After I had left he walked over to his chair, sat down, and shot himself. If I had never gone back, I would never have known. I would have just thought I managed to talk a man down peacefully without any consequences.

But I did not. This is cyberpunk. There are no good endings.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    After one hard crash the game has been running fine and my bugs are mostly in the Fallout kind of jank way, not performance.

The most annoying thing is that I am unable to loot objects that are too close to the ground. This means I will never be able to pick up a piece of paper that is lying flat on the ground, or loot like thin pouches etc. Also if objects are slightly obscured like I found one bag that is half tucked under a rug - can't pick it up.

It's like if bounding boxes for floors and stuff expands out and covers the "pick-up" point or something.

So I'm just hoping there's no mission critical things that are to do with pieces of paper because I will never be able to pick them up.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »

I had the same thing. Keep firing on the roof until you can find and kill the enemy that's stuck in the floor. It's tedious but you should be able to get it.
    Quitting the game and then relaunching it and then loading the save and waiting like 10 seconds before taking control of the gun and then methodically shooting one person at a time after they were all on the roof seemed to work for me.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    So

Is it possible to do a no-kills / nonlethal only run a la Deus Ex: Human Revolution, or do you gotta murderhobo?

You can get a mod for your eyes that turns your weapon non-lethal. Headshots don't do extra damage anymore, and smart weapons target limbs when possible.

• M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    After playing for a few hours on series x, i get random pauses - 2-3 seconds, then it comes back. I just bail out and come back in.

I did a job that was lifted straight from the office rescuing a doctor and got a really nice blue quality katana,
    6m95lf58pkfp.png
    then found a really, really nice purple AR with a long to mid range scope that I have just been murdering fools with.

I KNEW his story was lifted from somewhere !