As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - The Lie Factory

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited December 2020 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - The Lie Factory

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Gabe sounds a lot more like Tycho in this one.

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    All I know about Monster Train is Tycho is into it.

So maybe it's about a different kind of ... you know ... train.

YoungFrey on
  • BropocalypseBropocalypse Registered User regular
    There's already something called Monster Stack, so I guess they had to change it.

• lionheartssjlionheartssj Bartertown Chief Merchant BartertownRegistered User regular
    Gabe is morphing into Tycho with his reasoning.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Maybe the devs heard the phrase "above your station" and got confused.

• palidine40palidine40 Registered User regular
    Oh shit, dropping those truth bombs

• V1mV1m Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    All I know about Monster Train is Tycho is into it.

So maybe it's about a different kind of ... you know ... train.

You are quite right, we absolutely should talk about anything else at all!

• RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    Gabe should try the board game Trains. It does exactly what it says on the tin. It does Trains.
    pic1606346.jpg

He'll be given his starting hand and be happy to witness that this game does, in fact, include trains, including the thrilling starter card, Normal Train.
    Trains-Starting-Cards-580x275.jpg

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Gabe should try the board game Trains. It does exactly what it says on the tin. It does Trains.
    pic1606346.jpg

He'll be given his starting hand and be happy to witness that this game does, in fact, include trains, including the thrilling starter card, Normal Train.

I don't know, there was a lot more waste management than I expected in a train game. What is this, New York City?

• RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »
    pic1606346.jpg

I don't know, there was a lot more waste management than I expected in a train game. What is this, New York City?

Look, you can't run a train line without making a few enemies. And by enemies I mean trash. Lots of trash.

But yeah, the gameplay of Trains makes about as much sense thematically as a Friends Monopoly where the properties you buy are characters from Friends. But man, if you want train window dressing, boy does Trains have it. The only game with a more on-the-nose title is Orcs Orcs Orcs.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    The only game with a more on-the-nose title is Orcs Orcs Orcs.

Hey now! Racism is not tolerated around here.

MichaelLC on
  • swaylowswaylow Registered User regular
    I have never heard of this game but after Tycho's newspost it sounds like I need to remedy that soon.

Love the background gradient in this comic also.

• LttlefootLttlefoot Registered User regular
    I played Dream Quest a few years ago and then when Slay the Spire came out I played that for hundreds of hours. But I haven’t been able to get into any of the other deckbuilding roguelikes

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    swaylow wrote: »
    I have never heard of this game but after Tycho's newspost it sounds like I need to remedy that soon.

Love the background gradient in this comic also.

Monster Train is pretty fun. I didn't like it as much as StS, but you can get some silly combos and upgrade stacking going on.

steam_sig.png
  • Emperor MegamanEmperor Megaman Registered User regular
    I can't say i don't understand Gabe's train of thought, but the game seems interesting so i might give it a go, even if i'm not one to jump in the bandwagon Tycho kinda got me in the hype train there.
    I might have to train a little before getting used to it, i don't play theses type of game too often.

• shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    I've actually heard of this one for once and it is often rec'd if you like slay the spire. Never played either but I do have slay the spire in my backlog.