As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SECRET SATANS 2020. PERFECT GIFTING!

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Hey @Veldrin I'm sure you would have posted if you had, but you haven't gotten any larger packages in your PO Box have you?

USPS tracking stops when it leaves the USA.

I haven't specifically tried with Aus Post but this may be helpful to anyone shipping to international:

Usually you can take your USPS (or other country's) tracking number, go to the destination country's post service, and track its ongoing progress using the same tracking number. It doesn't get assigned a new number every time it crosses an international border. Anyway this works with SingPost from the USPS, Hong Kong and the Royal Mail or whatever the UK calls their postal service, so it may be helpful to others.

I can back that it's worked with some USPS deliveries I've had (sock dreams told me to input the tracking number into this website)

but also a couple years ago i had something sent from the Netherlands and PostNL said they couldn't track anything once it got to australia, and the auspost website said that the number "wasn't trackable".

Also, I've finished putting together my gift parcel and it's a doozy. I've done things in the past where I've just bought a bunch of things from different places and had them all show up in whatever order they did.

But with sending parcels from australia it's way cheaper if everything's all in the one box.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    well in theory my gifts to send out have arrived today!

just need to make one more and box it all up!

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Oh no, my Satanee is Timor-Lestian, what do I do

Set up an air drop.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Hey Veldrin I'm sure you would have posted if you had, but you haven't gotten any larger packages in your PO Box have you?

I did! I actually picked one up yesterday evening, but only managed to open it this morning, sorry!

3TX0C9Q.gif
    azf6g0o680to.jpeg

Hell yes! My very humble collection of board games has been slowly growing over the past few years, so this will be the perfect addition.

Thanks so much @Bucketman :)

This is not at all what I sent! Probably sent by your this year Satan!

• Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    Satanee, your gifts are away! I managed to battle through both depression and covid (and subsequently being gone from work for 3 weeks) to get you the best gifts I could. I am eager and anxious to see your reaction!

6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    My target should see their gift sometime next week!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Hey Veldrin I'm sure you would have posted if you had, but you haven't gotten any larger packages in your PO Box have you?

I did! I actually picked one up yesterday evening, but only managed to open it this morning, sorry!

3TX0C9Q.gif
    azf6g0o680to.jpeg

Hell yes! My very humble collection of board games has been slowly growing over the past few years, so this will be the perfect addition.

Thanks so much Bucketman :)

This is not at all what I sent! Probably sent by your this year Satan!

Aha, yeah I definitely got my wires crossed there, as I’d just received an anonymous message from this year’s Satan that easily aligned with your post.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    bIzVQ6K.gif
    A PM RECEIVED!

It appears Santa has gone hybrid and sent me some digital gifts while physical ones are enroute!
    It is I, your Santa! The physical item(s) are coming in the mail, but in the meantime, here are two $10 codes for Nintendo EShop Funbux. You mentioned that you have more than one Switch in the house, so you can either use one code for each, or just redeem them both on your primary Switch so the secondary one can play the games too.

Thank you @cooljammer00 !

I haven't been keeping up on recent switch releases, so this will be great for us! The hard part will be deciding what to get! I'm open to suggestions. I've got the basics (Odyssey, Kart, Party, Pokémon).

Sorry I was late to post, it's been a rough few weeks for us, and haven't been in the Christmas spirit at all. Our tree even fell over today. So this is also a sorry to my Santee as I haven't done any shopping yet at all. Soon!

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I think it's time for a ...

0ocbpa3wyprw.gif

!!!

Last night, a whole bunch of boxes appeared because that's how we shop these days. But one of them was labeled not just to me, but to [First Name] Elvenshae [Last Name] - a sure sign that a Satan has been Secretly sneaking about!

Unfortunately, I didn't notice that until it was quite late and my assistants were in bed fast asleep, so the package needed to wait an additional day to be prised open.

My assistants prepare to reveal the treasures inside:
    ecob1e7zmdxg.jpg
    (They wanted an "Action Shot," so they partially opened the box for the picture.)

Inside, approximately 42 pounds of cannons, trade tokens, and Caribbean fortresses!
    vfiiyjhi6667.jpg

49b5h6o5xvdp.jpg

And who could my Secret Satan be? Why, 'tis none other than @Rorshach Kringle himself, with a most kind note!
    mcmbkmdxqva3.jpg

I hope you enjoy this game. I haven't played it myself, but the fact that it is endlessly customizable should really make that quarantine life go by ... well, a little quicker!

From Rorshach Kringle

Age of Sail stuff is extremely my jam. I can't wait to take advantage of some days off coming up to dive into the rulebook, teach my wife to play, and then get roundly beaten!

Thank you, RK, for an wonderfully thoughtful gift. Merry Christmas to you and yours! :D

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    8hyrx1dwcdjl.gif

Poochie gift came from @Zonugal !
    It's a spooder.
    yfmv6fx7zjnj.jpg
    My partner is usually against rope toys because they require more attention... Skye on the other hand couldn't wait for me to unpackage it...
    ck942nflkc1u.jpg
    jaj3vcho8uc5.jpg
    28hmrlcd96xh.jpg

She already frayed up one of the legs so I had to take it off her for now while I'm working, but she seems to really like it. Thanks Zonugal!

• Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    Should probably cross post here!
    Quical wrote: »
    I have received a sinister message overnight!

Of wretched light and cursed flame, I turn my gaze to thee,
    And send forth fiends with packages, of numbers counting three.
    The morrow, day of Pagan Christ, or some damn’d day betwixt,
    Shall all arrive, by my dark word, at latest 26th

This is great news! I am the most stressed I have ever been right now trying to sort out a house move. Looks like im now moving next week (though will still have my previous apartment for a short while after to collect the gifts!) so this has really lightened my week up. How exciting!

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Crossposting from the G&T thread:

8hyrx1dwcdjl.gif

Got some boxes today, which I pretty much have every day since March 14th! I didn't think anything of it until I opened them and found they were from my secret santa!
    Wild Box (well...bag) appears!

50700746946_981acfd821_c.jpg

What could it be?

A secret Santa present!

50700826367_476684063a_c.jpg

Oh boy, my son is going to love this. It's Iron Man lego!

50700003888_8411aaedc0_c.jpg

That's not all! A few days ago I got a shipment notification for a box from Target. I thought it was something my wife ordered. Well I was wrong!

50700826482_ea1c675fdc_c.jpg

What's inside here?

The Super Mario Bros Game and Watch!?

50700826512_55382ab8a4_c.jpg

This thing is so cool! It's such a neat little Nintendo collectible that I thought I would miss out on this year. I'm beyond thrilled! I've already got it charged up. The screen is really nice. Maybe Nintendo will release more of these things (like a Zelda one!)

50700826517_e86f52cef6_c.jpg

My son begged to put the Iron Man thing together so we did that!

50700746621_5d9eda2afe_c.jpg

Hey...Seems to be a similar color scheme going on here!

50700830242_b6426a8c5a_c.jpg

All in all, fantastic gifts! So who was my Santa? It was @jclast ! Thanks so much for the great gifts! Merry Christmas!

Cameron_Talley on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Ooooh dang y'all

ep93jzc1h8lc.png

I've been expecting two packages today, my monthly coffee bean surprise box and some b o o z e, but instead the postman came to my door with a large mysterious parcel!

Inside there was no note that I could find! But I saw the company name on the box and was INSTANTLY EXCITED!
    AUZkjKcl.jpg

qoRxfTYh.jpg
    (The hen is new, the owl is old)

nAsoD7tl.jpg

EEEEEE I've always wanted one of these Fairmont & Main egg holders (they make them in ducks and chickies and I love them all so much) but it's such a silly frivolous thing that I'd never be able to justify buying it for myself. Charlotte has been languishing on my wishlist for ages. Now she lives in my kitchen next to my weird owl cookie jar! As soon as I buy new eggs I will be putting her to good use!

I can't be 100% sure this is a Satansmas gift due to the lack of card (which is 100% okay!) because I know a couple of other people in my life are sending me gifts but if this was you, The Devil, thank you!!

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Also photos guest feature two of my four @tynic Christmas cards and a lot of assorted gifts and gift wrapping paraphernalia

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    That is a damn cool henlay you got there!

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Chains (as I’ve seen them in this thread, with a few extras from the G&T thread)

?? > Tonkka
    ??> MNC Dover
    ?? > Lost Salient
    Apparently not Bucketman? > Veldrin 2

Naphtali > Romanian My Escutcheon 2
    Goose! > Skeith
    Noggin > Zonugal > KoopahTroopah 2
    Tef > Cello
    Handkor > #pipe
    cooljammer00 > ArcSyn
    Rorshach Kringle > Elvenshae
    jclast > Cameron_Talley
    Tofystedth > Halfazedninja
    Cristoval > theoriginalz
    DiannaoChong > Poorochondriac

Perrsun on
  • Options
    Also @ArcSyn those gifs are a blessing for this task!

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I have received a message from an imp! It contained DIRE PORTENTS and also a tracking number.

Whatever satanic blessings that tracking number is for, evidently they will arrive Saturday.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I usually like to get started on gifting before December, but As Usual, 2020 is kicking my arse.
    This weekend, though. This weekend i'm gonna ramp things up.
    .. hopefully.

• Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    I was visited upon by a mysterious stranger carrying an even more mysterious package this afternoon. "I didn't order anything to deserve such visitations," I informed the stranger "Get off my porch!".

"Not my problem!" He said and heaved the rather weighty package at my face, knocking me down on my ass. He turned and headed back down my front steps. "Take it up with Bezos!"he shouted from his van, flipping a pretty respectable bird as he turned over the engine and peeled off. RUDE.

Anyway.

WHAT MYSTERY!

11b1l5kl82d0.jpg

The package in question. Rather typical. Don't know why I took a picture but it seems like the thing to do.

q4g03d5z10ri.jpg

DELICIOUS TREASURE! The Superior M&M(tm)! It was paired with a note from my Satan, but also included their real name which I will not share here just in case! I KNOW WHO YOU ARE SATAN, YET AT THE SAME TIME HAVE NO CLUE. Tricky tricky...

Thanks all the same, I WILL enjoy these!!

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Presents are all .... present

now to wrap them and soon to mail them!

• Options
    Alright Satanee, I'm basically done with all my classes, so tomorrow I'm going to the REDACTED to buy your REDACTED, and I shall see if they REDACTED REDACTED or if I have to do it myself.

*You do not want me to do it myself.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I've kind of whittled down the list, so Sunday I go shopping.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I'm finding this difficult this year. Even with the suggestions post I just have no ideas. So my person is probably going to get something pretty random, sorry. It's the same with all my family.

• Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    I'm finding this difficult this year. Even with the suggestions post I just have no ideas. So my person is probably going to get something pretty random, sorry. It's the same with all my family.

Saaaaaame. I usually get a good theme idea and roll, but this year is just...brain walls all around.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    I admit that I resorted to the Amazon wishlist with a few extras that I thought they would like based on said wishlist. I'm usually more thoughtful when thinking of gifts based on user's interests or recent postings.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular

Don't forget you can ask questions through imps or whatever!
    But yeah, I'm a bit in the same boat. Santee why are you such a mystery!

But also my santa probably has a bit of a challenge. I wrote a lot of words, but not sure that any of them are that helpful. Sorry satan!

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    Don’t underestimate the power of local everyday stuff. What you view as a common food could be a game-changer for somebody else.

Living in rural Pennsylvania, I had never had a Jaffa Cake until I was ~22-23. Then 13 years ago a Satan from the UK got me and sent me some.

Blew. My. Freaking. Mind.

• Options
    Also holy poop, I know we just had a thread about reminiscing and stuff but I just realized that something like 40% of my past Christmases have involved giving and receiving from you internet weirdos. :heartbeat:

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    There are Satan's gifts from years past that I use almost all the time and love dearly. Handmade blanket, a wine decanter last year, books that I still go back and read, recipes that I still cook, games I still play, gear for hiking, etc.

You all are a wonderfully lovely bunch of weirdos, indeed. xoxo

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Yeah right now I have most of my stuff, but I want to send something to my Satan from someplace local to me. Something they absolutely not get out by them.

Theres a diner that makes good soup. Maybe I'll just ladle some of that into the box.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i forget who got me whiskey stones years ago, but they have come with me to three different residences and i still use them

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Satan's is pretty much the only gift exchanging I do anymore.

My wife and I don't really gift eachother and my family is so very far away.

My wife also loves it. She says it's her favourite part of the season.

#pipe on
  • Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Aaaannnd all the M&M's are gone :(

You did this to me, Satan! You did this!

And I thank you.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Lalabox got me a gorgeous bar cart two years back that is currently holding all of my hair tools/skin care stuff/hair flowers and decorations and so I use it basically every single day

Also a heart-piece necklace that I got from Lasbrook in my first Satan's is one of my most-worn pieces of jewelry

Edit: I also just realized I forgot to post pictures of the project I made with Veldrin's gift of wearable tech parts! Shit, gotta do that this weekend

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

Please tell her that that wee!Cthulu has been a desk companion (first at the yard and now at home) since y'all sent them to me <3
    2bygo66dkw9w.jpeg

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »

Please tell her that that wee!Cthulu has been a desk companion (first at the yard and now at home) since y'all sent them to me <3
    2bygo66dkw9w.jpeg

Yusssss

She's currently doing some embroidery for my target this year!

• Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    CROSS POST. GIFT GET MAYBE?! If this is from you please have a message sent my way!
    Quical wrote: »
    GIFT GET I THINK?!

I received a box this evening with NO NOTE. It is something that I did not order. It could be from anyone but I am ASSUMING it's from my Santa!
    9zsv0q0yjc79.jpg
    Thank you for the Read Dead Redemption 2 soundtrack on vinyl!
    An absolute brilliant score. Perfect background noise.

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I got some packages in the mail today!

gxtkyc5n814p.jpg

Books! Thank you, Omar, whoever you are!

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    I got some packages in the mail today!

gxtkyc5n814p.jpg

Books! Thank you, Omar, whoever you are!

It was me!

You should get one last small treat today Happy holidays!