As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[SECRET SANTA] & [CRYPTIC CARDS]: Classiness is 2020

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Gift Get!

DySoohDl.jpg

1lQlNCPl.jpg

A soldering station! Now I can solder things! At this station! Aaa!

Santa remains Secret...

Surprise! It was I who gifted you! Happy holidays!

Huzzah! Thanks, is much appreciated. I'm just getting into custom LED work for gunpla and cosplay, this seems extremely useful! <3

Oh brilliant
  • N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    Hmm your Santa is definitely a mystery, but whoever they are they have excellent taste in Zelda games.

I swear I looked through the sign-up list twice before posting! I blame the end of the semester for my brain incapacity. hahaha
    Thank you! I've started it and it's really delightful. I was super excited to get it!

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    N1tSt4lker wrote: »
    Hmm your Santa is definitely a mystery, but whoever they are they have excellent taste in Zelda games.

I swear I looked through the sign-up list twice before posting! I blame the end of the semester for my brain incapacity. hahaha
    Thank you! I've started it and it's really delightful. I was super excited to get it!

Did you play the original or the GBC version? I thought they did an amazing job of staying true to the original feel of the game even while upgrading the graphics and whatnot. Plus the orchestral arrangements of the original music <3<3

vRyue2p.png
    I played the original version, and I agree. I've only played a little bit, but it feels really good and is so pretty. And oh my the music! I am loving the music so much!

I am currently trying to get through enough grading to justify playing some more. 😁

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Gift Get!

DySoohDl.jpg

1lQlNCPl.jpg

A soldering station! Now I can solder things! At this station! Aaa!

Santa remains Secret...

Surprise! It was I who gifted you! Happy holidays!

Huzzah! Thanks, is much appreciated. I'm just getting into custom LED work for gunpla and cosplay, this seems extremely useful! <3

Sorry it was a wishlist purchase, but things are a bit crazy (2020 gonna 2020) around these parts. I know nothing about soldering so I hope this lets you, uh...fuse things together really well. :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    I played the original version, and I agree. I've only played a little bit, but it feels really good and is so pretty. And oh my the music! I am loving the music so much!

I am currently trying to get through enough grading to justify playing some more. 😁

I have the original, the DX version, and this version, and the Switch version is worth it just for the music alone- and on how much more balanced things happen to be, weapon-wise.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    !

Word to the wise, don't bother with Hero mode, eettt eeesss bulsheeet

sig.gif
    Now that I've been revealed @Dark Raven X, I can send you my Steam friend request....for totally harmless reasons. :D

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    It’s possible that my Santa ordered something off my wishlist and had the package sent to an old address. So if that’s true, I’ll have the package soon, I just need to go get it :)

can you feel the struggle within?
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    873bac4cb28b563d361a2ea7ebb5ee93.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyoIqBk2OHc

Impact!

m5ejog1314d6.jpg

Been a while since I got an "Art of" book, this looks like a good'n!

rz1dpxigqsyo.jpg

Novelty glass in more detail!

Many thanks, @Six !

Oh, we’re not done. Stay tuned.

WHA HA HA HA HA HAAAA!!!

Ahem, nothing to see here folks.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    And fill that glass with something so we can see what that sinking ship looks like!

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    If my Santa is still paying attention/trying to add items, I have some additional specific requests:

The reason is that I got a box of Jumpstart and these particular items are very good for allowing the storage of Jumpstart packs, letting me mix and match them in the future!

I ate an engineer
    p0BI9cll.jpg

SECONDARY GIFT GET AAAAU

Thanks @MNC Dover now we can day 1 this. Lady Raven demands we put the dong slider all the way to stack overflow.

Oh brilliant
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Decided to get a wall mount for my fancy knives.

otCeu2wl.jpg

Thanks again @Hahnsoo1

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    9mbafh87iokv.png

4xb2838l78ra.png

With my Santa target done, I'm working on getting the card sent out to my next target. Soon....

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    GIFTS FIRED

I ate an engineer
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    geib735f8zq9.jpeg

Card get !! Merry holiday @Dark Raven X !!!

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Well now my one Santee's package is just in some kind of fucking limbo, and the other one self-corrected and hasn't shipped yet

jfc

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    that's one cool af Santa

vRyue2p.png
    emhyhwS.gif

I got my Cryptic Card in the mail today!

0iar43lanbpi.jpg
    icwy6siaw7la.jpg

That's a really cool pop-up reindeer inside. Thanks @Hahnsoo1 for the card!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    My Santa is a distinguished gentleman! This gift means a lot to me for two reasons. One: I love making hummus and eat a lot of Mediterranean food, but two: I lost my immersion blender in my divorce and haven't gotten around to getting a new one. It's been one of those things that every time I think about it, I get a little annoyed for reasons I won't get into, but my Santa, @davidsdurions has now made sure I'll never have to think about it again! Because

WHAT?!

pQKNfnPl.jpg

MMMMM

GcaGWX4l.jpg

THANK YOU!

rcxLTMKl.jpg

As if that weren't generous enough, this showed up with a great note. I love board games but don't have the crew to get into big, complex ones very often any more. Now I have a fun, quick one I can break out whenever. Can't wait to try it this weekend!

CRtzci5l.jpg

Thank you so much!

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Dungeon Drop is the best. Enjoy!

My god @Six, what happened to your arm?!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    My god @Six, what happened to your arm?!

not enough hummus!

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    I’ve been carded!

64auof5.jpg
    WnzAasB.jpg
    H44lU4G.jpg
    IauU0oq.jpg

Thanks so much @Blameless Cleric it was nice to receive not-junk in my mail today.

davidsdurions on
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Gift cannon fired!

Needed to figure out an alternative after an order with a local vendor came in damaged, unfortunately. A couple more in the pipe going out by USPS tomorrow.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    FYI to my Secret Santa, I'm out of town for work and won't be seeing any packages until the 19th.

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular

So, a box full of stuff landed today! There was much rejoicing.

But since the messages only revealed themselves to be from PA Santa and didn’t contain a screen name, I don’t know if they were from this Secret Santa or another sub-forum’s, and I’m trying to keep everything straight. So, Santa, if you could reach out through channels and let me know if the box you sent along contained a hardback copy of Axiom’s End by Lindsay Ellis, I’d appreciate it so I can properly thank you!

Thanks again!

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    I’ve been hit by a gift cannon! BOOM!

First off, we have a lovely Xmas Tree card, here...
    TBnaAMnl.jpg

And here is the copious bounty! I got a Cat-shaped leather pouch from Hide and Drink, a green 12-gauge microphone, and freeze dried shrimp for my cat.
    tLEsMOkl.jpg

I love all of these gifts. :) I and my cat, Remington, thank you:
    H8Kq8W3l.jpg

Thank you so much, @Dark Raven X !

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
    Yay! I ended up trying a bag of those shrimps for our cats too. They went buck wild. Share some shotgun enabled vocals when you get the chance! <3

Oh brilliant
    IT IS A GIFT!

A rogue package appeared in my mailbox yesterday.
    "What is this?" I wondered. "Is it a gift that I ordered or a gift for me? Hmmmmm"
    TINMQXi.jpg?1

And so I opened the box. It is a gift for me!
    Look at this cute little card!
    dGG7DjD.jpg?1

And this cute sticker!
    wRwotyT.jpg?1

And here is the note! I will also note: I had forgotten that this was on my list, so it was such a lovely little surprise. Not cheating at all. :-D
    zY8VzIf.jpg?1

Y'all y'all y'all. I am excited to share these two adorable tiny air plants!!!
    uclNhkr.jpg?1

Thank you so much @Hi I'm Vee! ! I am delighted. They are wonderful!

:D Yaay I'm glad they finally arrived!

And oh gosh a lot of credit goes to the Etsy person for the card and sticker, they're super cute! And that is definitely not my handwriting haha (mine is significantly sloppier, especially in cursive).

I did end up finding some cool planters online that were classified as "mid-century modern" whatever that means, but they were not available for purchase. Plus I have no idea if they'd fit in with the general aesthetic of your home.

I'm glad you liked the gifts and I hope you have a wonderful holiday season <3

vRyue2p.png
    I loved them. Thank you again. And same to you!

I have been hit with additional gifts!

N7n6cKal.jpg

Twisp & Catsby! Aaa!

Oh brilliant
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    A final volley from the cannon has been launched.

To my Santee, you should be seeing a package on Friday.

To my Cardee, you should be getting your "card" come Tuesday.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum