As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Disturbing western comic - Did it exist?

21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short![They/Them]Registered User regular
Hi, i remembered a short story i read in a comic in the 2000s-2010s and it feels.... real but at the same time i don't think it was real.

It was from a Horror anthology comic, I think. It features an impoverished village that was visited by a demon lord who requested a bride. the village ends up giving the demon a preteen girl. the preteen is then take by the demon who's insect/fly-like and it ends with the girl basically being eaten alive by the demon's offspring while still barely conscious?

At first I thought it was House of Mystery issue 1, but after tracking it I saw it was similar in some respects but not the story I remembered.

It sounds fucked up which is what makes me think maybe it's not real but i want to be sure.

• Options
    Red or AliveRed or Alive Registered User regular
    Could it be House of Mystery #1 (2008), specifically "The Hollow" chapter?

https://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/5975078.html#cutid1

• Options
    Red or AliveRed or Alive Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Sorry! Didn't read your whole post.

Do you remember the art style? Was it full colour or was it black and white?

Red or Alive on
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Sorry! Didn't read your whole post.

Do you remember the art style? Was it full colour or was it black and white?

Full color. I just remember it was a western art style. Probably American or British, since it wasn’t very stylized.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Was it possibly one of the Goon series? That has a good amount of western-horror shit going on in it.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I believe it was a one off but I could be wrong. Also I meant western as in made in the west so not manga.

Not western as in with cowboys.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Question about the ending.
    Does the girl end up seemingly fine, happily drinking in a tavern, but is revealed to actually be a living hollow skin with a huge hole in her back?

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Question about the ending.
    Does the girl end up seemingly fine, happily drinking in a tavern, but is revealed to actually be a living hollow skin with a huge hole in her back?

That’s the ending to the house of mystery story. The one I’m thinking of ends with a closeup of the girls face with clouded eyes.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I'm trying but like 80% of my search results are coming up Naruto fanfic.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    It's also possible you might be conflating two different stories.

I found this list of horror comics, you might find something on it, or maybe something will jog your memory. Link in the spoiler, content warning for literally everything.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    ceres wrote: »
    It's also possible you might be conflating two different stories.

I found this list of horror comics, you might find something on it, or maybe something will jog your memory. Link in the spoiler, content warning for literally everything.

Good stuff there but unfortunately nothing that rings a bell for this.