As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SECRET SAINTS! THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Wrong thread.

Straightzi on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I’m laying here getting ready to go to bed and I just wanted to say thank you again to everyone who participated. The gifting has slowed down now but it was A GIFTING FRENZY for awhile there.

I seriously love all of you and it warms my cold, dead heart to see all of the love shared in here every year!

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2020
    got a pm asking if i received a present that says it was delivered like two weeks ago (i did not)

just posting to let saints know that i've posted everything i've received (i'm pretty sure?), so if it says i should have received something and i didn't post about it, hopefully we can figure out what happened and/or get you a refund

Garlic Bread on
  • KadithKadith Registered User regular
    astrobstrd wrote: »
    Hey, just wanted to let any saint who saw something was delivered that I haven't posted yet, that my parents received a large box, so some wires may have gotten crossed with my address last year.

I will post once I get it, but my step-mom is an enormous procrastinator, so it may be later.

I can't wait to share it here!

Might be on your amazon wishlist for the address because I'm lazy and just used what Amazon had in their system, there'll be one more package hitting that address too.

zkHcp.jpg
  • ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    I have received another package!

This one contained... tiny manz!

514rlgiu0045.jpg

And... a missive!

f6zuo2hdtiyc.jpg

It didn't say who sent it, so thank you, Mysterious Saint!

Children's rights are human rights.
    Aah! I have been gifted again! This time by @Ladybug2332 . IT'S A GIFT AVALANCHE! :muppetflail:

bjvo6dhkg73c.jpg

I have received the gift of clothes! By wizard law, this means I'm free now, right? (Oh, and btw, super mega thanks, because all my current shirts are dirty. I should do some laundry. :) )

bki2m2s05pch.jpg

I have also received a BD and a manga! Thank you!

uecbvunuz5aj.jpg

Aaaah, so many gifts, so many boxes! Thank you all, I'm very touched.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Don't steal my levis!

Oh wait.

Genestealers

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I deployed those Genestealers, I hope they serve you well!

Unless serving isn't really their deal, I genuinely don't know

Their only purpose is to weaken a planet's defenses, attract a spacefleet of ravenous dinosaur-bug monsters, and then get eaten by said dinosaur-bugs.

Whether most of them know enjoy the fact that they're going to be bug food is... up for interpretation.

Warhammer 40 000 is a silly setting, yo.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »

Their only purpose is to weaken a planet's defenses, attract a spacefleet of ravenous dinosaur-bug monsters, and then get eaten by said dinosaur-bugs.

Whether most of them know enjoy the fact that they're going to be bug food is... up for interpretation.

Warhammer 40 000 is a silly setting, yo.

But aren't all of those dinosaur bugs just going to be eaten by the bigger bugs? And so on and so forth until you've just got a swarm of massive bio-starships with bellies full of bug juice and the ability to turn that bug juice into future bugs?
    You'd think they'd all know and anticipate the whole "Being eaten and reduced to raw biomass for the swarm" thing.
    An entire faction of vore fetishists.

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Yeah you let stuff get too smart and independent and itll start doin things to distract and dissemble regarding the total inevitablity of its own self actualised devourement

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    astrobstrd wrote: »
    Hey, just wanted to let any saint who saw something was delivered that I haven't posted yet, that my parents received a large box, so some wires may have gotten crossed with my address last year.

I will post once I get it, but my step-mom is an enormous procrastinator, so it may be later.

I can't wait to share it here!

Might be on your amazon wishlist for the address because I'm lazy and just used what Amazon had in their system, there'll be one more package hitting that address too.

Hmm. I wonder if this is because of your sainthood last year? All the other stuff has come to my new place. I appreciate you letting me know. I will post everything when I get it, it may just be awhile (my parents have a box for my son they've been sitting on since early November).

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
    NEW PRESENT INCOMING AWOOGA AWOOGA THIS IS NOT A DRILL

No, it's paintbrush cleaner!

mhiwoj315wy5.jpg

Thank you, I was running out!

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    ahhhhhh
    XeaFa6w.jpg
    21Pifua.jpg

Taffy! I love taffy!
    A cooling fan for my laptop because my old one has been broken for months
    A 2TB Toshiba portable storage drive because I have a lot of shit I need to transfer from an old dying computer to a newer less-dying one
    A nifty-looking puzzle contraption I'm almost certainly too dumb to solve and also dumb enough that that truth won't stop me from trying
    A cool zombie card game
    $30 for the Playstation Store
    The 8-film Hammer Horror collection (featuring Brides of Dracula, Paranoiac, Curse of the Werewolf, Phantom of the Opera, Nightmare, Kiss of the Vampire, Night Creatures and Evil of Frankenstein)
    The complete season/series? of Good Omens
    A sweet note!

Thank you @see317 for the gifts today! It means a lot to me, you made my day, especially after dealing with a ton of snow

And thank you @milski for the gifts earlier in the month (Airpods and A Monster Calls bluray combo pack) that I can now actually take pics of to post here!
    Z3iiA4r.jpg
    H2Y4Rda.jpg

Sweeney Tom on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Just seeing the cover for A Monster Calls makes me cry

KADITH

You crazy bastard!!!!

I just got 2 $50 Visa gift cards in the mail!!!

I have one to my wife and I’m keeping the other!!

Seriously, thank you so damn much!!!

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Glad you liked it @Sweeney Tom , hope the useful stuff is useful for you, and hope the fun stuff is fun. Didn't think that one was going to arrive until Friday.
    And I know the taffy is delicious, so I won't mention it.

Don't feel too bad about the puzzle if you can't solve it, I've had one of them on my desk for years that I can't figure out. It's stuck in a halfway position where I can't get the inner rings unlinked, and can't get them aligned back into the correct position. Tried looking up hints on doing it, and they only leave me more confused.
    But it's still fun to fidget with while stuff is loading.

MOAR GIFTS!

MOAR SHIRTS!

ncmmlr6eu58b.jpg

THANK YOU @Ladybug2332 !

(WHY AM I YELLING?)

I got two tracking numbers showing up on usps informed delivery, both of which are showing as "in transit, arriving late" currently in case anyone sent me anything else.

I think usps is really struggling right now with the weather, tons of holiday packages and covid, and here in northwest Ohio we also have the dreaded Michigan usps facility that often slows things down anyway. So if they are gifts and don't show up until after Christmas for some reason I'll for sure dig the thread up still to post about it.

GIFTAPALOOZA!

I have received PANTSU and... a gift!

o9dnujj6c0l8.jpg

The package on the label said "clothing and video game". Hmm, I wonder what it could be?

tnfptgwjykrc.jpg

Miniatures! Finally, an excuse not to be on my computer all the time!

Thank you very much, Mysterious Saint!

• Ladybug2332Ladybug2332 Registered User regular
    @Elaro That’s from me and I’m glad they arrived! ☺️
    May you stay warm and mentally occupied!

@Elaro That’s from me and I’m glad they arrived! ☺️
    May you stay warm and mentally occupied!

Thank you, I will!

edited December 2020
    My suspicion that you have my apartment bugged continues to mount. Got this Lego set after Luca told his Grandma last week that the only thing he wanted for Christmas from her was carpet caltrops for dad to step on. From the same kind soul who I only have a real name for who got the Uno game and a few other items.

@Kadith sent cookies! I haven’t tried them yet, but I’ve got some milk off frame just ready to take a swing at these bad boys.

Thank you all again!

v2abxniejtu5.jpeg

astrobstrd on
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    @Kadith sent me a $100 Visa gift card

thank you So much omg wtf

Sweeney Tom on
    @Kadith sent me a $100 Visa gift card

thank you So much omg wtf

BBQ

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Kadith also sent me $100 in what I assume was that good hard imperial scrip which comes out to $122 in our money and that is going to go an awful long ways

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    edited December 2020
    Kadith also sent me [REDACTED] but said he'd be sending a card, so I'm waiting on their lovely Christmas card before I announce it.

Is that okay?

Elaro on
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Present class: Euclid.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    i hope every saint in here knows they're a better person than every billionaire

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular

But if I was a billionaire I could give even more to even more people. :(

But if I was a billionaire I could give even more to even more people. :(

and that's why you're better than them

Way to set a low bar

Just broke out a Saints gift from last year for the first time with Luca, @Heffling 's Castle Panic. I was a bit worried because it was for ages 10+ that Luca wouldn't get it. I was absolutely wrong to worry because he went bananas for it and it may just serve as a gateway for deeper nerd crap, muah hah hah.

• TefTef Registered User regular
    Let's not get it twisted, the Saintees are also better people than any billionaire.

I have rich acquaintances (maybe a couple friends if I thought real hard about it?) and poor friends. You better believe that those acquaintances will gobble up any free shit that comes their way.

My poor friends though? Getting them to accept some help, more than often than not, is nigh on impossible. They tell me there is someone worse off that need it more than them. I am so glad I can give back to our community because I've been so lucky, and I am grateful to those of you who were able to reach out and ask for a little help.

Like sure, you can say it's just a Christmas gift, but youse have been doing it tough for months, if not years, if not fucking decades. here you are, still grinding on and all I can say is that I hope I can have your strength to carry on if times ever get hard for me.

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    A package arrived! Cookies from Kadith!

Also a 100 dollar visa giftcard!

Thank you so much! You really are making my holidays so much better.

• KadithKadith Registered User regular
    I've lost count of pending cards but I think there's 2-3 left plus a couple of pending packages, hopefully everything gets to where it's going before christmas.

zkHcp.jpg
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    Kadith you’re a true champion

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    I used that giftcard to buy a set of pedals to try to get some cardio in from my computer chair and a webcam so I can try to get some face to face time with friends until the vaccine is widely distributed and we can all see each other again. And I still have enough to get lunch sometime this week.

:biggrin:

I should get one of those under desk bike things to use while at work.

i, too, received a visa gift card from @Kadith

f0cs1zhyhk7q.jpg

thank you so much! it really helps and also the card rules