As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - M

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited December 2020 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - M

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• TempestKittyTempestKitty Registered User new member
    edited December 2020
    TempestKitty was warned for this.
    F off c**t ... i have had no issues on PC...

If you thought it was going be good on a console after all the shit that went on leading up to its release.. you don't know or understand "console releases" ...

im not sorry.

Tempest...

Tube on
  • JaysynJaysyn Registered User new member
    Hate it all you want, but the World's Most Useless Motherfucker is also correct in this instance.

• DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    Oh uh, we have a problem. I had only prepared one "Most useless comment" trophy. What to do now?

• NashKnightNashKnight Registered User regular
    Oh no, the console peasants are revolting

• OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    I'm pretty sure Tycho and Gabe, guys who, I might add, actually *made a video game* know about " "console releases" ".

And yes, I am one of the lucky ones who played it on PC, but I also expected it to run fine on this-gen console, even at medium-level performance.

You know why?

Because they were released for those bloody consoles.

So yeah, they have to wait for it to be patched, but they shouldn't *have* to be when the next-gen consoles are working well enough as it is with the same exact code. It's like they built those ports for the next-gen consoles, even though the labels on the top of the box are for this-gen. And don't even start with the "pro version consoles work fine" because A) Not last I checked; and B) Even if they did, both Microsoft and Sony require it to be playable for the baseline consoles for cert anyway.

And yes, I will admit that I do report that it runs fine on my PC. However, I also acknowledge that it should be running fine for everyone's system of choice, and also to assure people that, yes, when this gets corrected (because it will be) it will be a great gaming experience for everyone.

Brb, making a call to Trophy World. Gonna have to buy in bulk I guess.

EDIT- Also, I miss Charles.

OctoberRaven on
    Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Last night when I read this comic, the title was "Cyperpunk", which made sense. Now it's "M". Not sure I get that one.

• LieutenantDanLieutenantDan Registered User regular
    Cybermunk

A chipmunk from the future with bionic implants

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    If DF's analysis is to be believed, it looks consistently better on Xbox Series X than Playstation, but has more trouble holding onto the framerate.

Soooo...red-haired forum warrior's correspondence is falling on deaf ears. :lol:

But yes, the console release leaves a lot to be desired (and frankly, even if you have a $1000-GPU, you're running into issues on the PC side).

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Oh man, I might have to bank those last 2 panels for a reaction image whenever someone comes into the article comments on a new MCU release or whatever and posts about how much they haven't cared about <topic> in the last decade.

steam_sig.png
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    *popcorn emoji here*

This... will be good.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Cybermunk

A chipmunk from the future with bionic implants

My acorn is augmented.

OctoberRaven on
    Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Oh man, I might have to bank those last 2 panels for a reaction image whenever someone comes into the article comments on a new MCU release or whatever and posts about how much they haven't cared about <topic> in the last decade.
    Here you go:
    yvuk6k10i2i4.png

It was a real effort of restraint not to populate it with some dialog from this thread.

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Djiem wrote: »
    Oh uh, we have a problem. I had only prepared one "Most useless comment" trophy. What to do now?

Complain about the trophy, and then take the trophy back.

• DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    Here you go:
    yvuk6k10i2i4.png

It was a real effort of restraint not to populate it with some dialog from this thread.

Now that the dude has a speech bubble with nothing in it, the trophy becomes even more fitting in a literal sense.

• BropocalypseBropocalypse Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    I think it's clear by now that something suboptimal was going on behind the scenes at CD Projekt Red. Delay after delay, and it still has problems. Troubled development for sure, but I'm curious exactly what happened.

Bropocalypse on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I think it's clear by now that something suboptimal was going on behind the scenes at CD Projekt Red. Delay after delay, and it still has problems. Troubled development for sure, but I'm curious exactly what happened.

Reach exceeded their grasp.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Seems like they should have postponed until next year but I guess they probably really wanted it out before the holidays.

They’re at least owning the screwup and working hard to fix it or provide a refund.

Quid wrote: »
    Seems like they should have postponed until next year but I guess they probably really wanted it out before the holidays.

They’re at least owning the screwup and working hard to fix it or provide a refund.

It just isn't clear how long it would've taken to "fix" it. I could see a delay of, for example, almost another year really hurting their actual corporate worth--in a way releasing a buggy title finally wouldn't, unfortunately.

• Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    They had months of crunch for this?

Still, it's amusing that one of the bugs people have been seeing is the male PC's dick clipping through their pants. Don't let the holographic pants trend happen, everyone!

Feels like "better to ask forgiveness than permission." But beyond bugs and running like shit on last gen consoles, features they claimed were in the game just aren't there. Like NPC behavior they claimed some grandiose "they live their lives without you" if their life is just drinking in a bar sure, but that's fairly cynical even for the polish.

It really almost feels like a no man sky type situation for what was promised to what was delivered.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I foresee myself getting a lot of use out of that last panel in the future.

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular

Still, it's amusing that one of the bugs people have been seeing is the male PC's dick clipping through their pants. Don't let the holographic pants trend happen, everyone!

... why did they render your character's penis?

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    Ringo wrote: »

All characters have genitals unless you choose for them not to.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    The better question is why doesn't every game render your character's genitals.

edited December 2020
    3clipse wrote: »
    The better question is why doesn't every game render your character's genitals.

For 99% of games it literally would not matter beyond jerking the player off. Like I'm so glad they had a genital slider when everything else in the game runs as fantastic as it does.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    Pretty sure 3clipse was being facetious.

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular

... okay, but why?

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    Pretty sure 3clipse was being facetious.

What the fuck is a "joke"?!

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular

That doesn't make sense. Next you'll claim all humans have genitals even if I haven't seen them.

• homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Looks like a thing these commenters aren't noticing is My Guy "only had to restart twice". Which I suppose really is fine, in comparison.

homogenized on
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »

That doesn't make sense. Next you'll claim all humans have genitals even if I haven't seen them.

No, it's not a clipping error irl. You'll get arrested.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    Looks like a thing these commenters aren't noticing is My Guy "only had to restart twice". Which I suppose really is fine, in comparison.

Restart meaning completely redo his character twice, not just restart the game. Its why he said he wanted to check out the other origins.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular

Real answer? Because after the backlash against their transphobic marketing they wanted to continue their "inside joke" of being transphobic by letting you manipulate genitals, but only in a way that fits into the cis-het normative power fantasy and is actually kind of an ongoing trend of being regressive toward gender in their version of the cyberpunk future.

See also: lots of misogyny, sex work handled poorly, and lots and lots of dildos everywhere.

What is this I don't even.

... okay, but why?

Presumably for any scenes involving nudity, though I haven't come across any yet.

Enthusiasm from the fan base. It's not like there aren't various secondary sexual characteristics made pretty f'ing obvious (and for starters, you can see them in the mirror, which isn't always possible for your crotch).

When they first announced they'd be modeling genitals, people here were very much in approval (though I'm guessing they thought there would be more than 3 options). I thought it was tacky, but I assumed that meant I didn't "get punk", what with me being more of a post-cyberpunk guy anyway.

• Jgr9Jgr9 Registered User regular
    I don't have this problem, so you're crazy. - The gaslighters of the internet(/world).

• jnessjness Registered User new member
    I have a feeling that a version of this cartoon with the first panel having a blank caption is going to be *super-meme material* for a little while. =)

• BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    I understand the need for a "Most Useless 10th Erfucke'" award, but what were the first nine doing this whole time?

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I'm so glad I moped out of the ps4 version. I had no plans on getting a ps5 any time soon, so those were my choices. My decision basically came down to fo76 played like shit on my ps4, and a couple other games were borderline. Stuff like ghost of tsushima used pretty much everything it had, and ultimately I figured there would be mods for pc and fps is real hit or miss with controllers. Glad it runs good on my pc (after editing the config file...)

• ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    This is only a big deal because the success of the Witcher franchises has given rise to the false impressions that CD Projekt was a collection of extraplanar demi-gods, sent to this realm of existence to wash our unclean bodies with their golden rays of life in video game form.

If Todd Howard put Cyberpunk 2077 into market in this state, it would have been hailed as a triumph that Bethesda could release something with so few game-crippling bugs as to be relatively playable.