As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

In a world, where [Trailers] are fun...

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    So they finally found the one gimmick that could actually make a crime drama entertaining.

Alan Tudyk.

And I guess the stuff about him also being an alien trying to pass as human, though I feel that's more autobiographical at this point.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I already hate it because it looks like premium jerkoff material for the Second Amendment types just dying for somebody to invade their home so they can justify killing somebody. Case in point: a whole cadre of faceless criminals attacking his home with full-auto weapons, which is some top-shelf 2A crap for why machine guns should be legal.

Nevermind that the only time shit like that happens is when the cops do it, and they try their fucking hardest to make sure there's no evidence or eyewitnesses to incriminate them later on top of making sure the victim is as defenseless as possible before they shoot them.

In fact, it seems like a huge oversight to not make the cops the obvious bad guys, but I guess that would be too heavy a dose of realism for something like this.

Hopefully those criminals get faces by the end and are linked to Odenkirk's Wick-esque past

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    tribes of europa looks like it will be great if they went really batshit with it

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Geese Netflix you cant just make the Germans evil like that!

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Maybe I'm the only one, but I'm getting sick of this sci-fi cyberpunk aesthetic. Try something new besides shaving the side of your head and having tattoos. Try something else like a slicked back 40's art deco future maybe, or maybe colonial punk or something, I don't know.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Maybe I'm the only one, but I'm getting sick of this sci-fi cyberpunk aesthetic. Try something new besides shaving the side of your head and having tattoos. Try something else like a slicked back 40's art deco future maybe, or maybe colonial punk or something, I don't know.

Nah I feel you, I dislike "Punk" aesthetics a lot because it feels like "throw some gears and steam on it boom steam punk" or "toss on some washed out lighting and higlighters with vaguely future tech, bam we're cyber baby."

Stuff like Fifth Element appealed because someone actually came up with a wacky future world and didn't just copy/paste a generic template.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    notyanotya Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Nah I feel you, I dislike "Punk" aesthetics a lot because it feels like "throw some gears and steam on it boom steam punk" or "toss on some washed out lighting and higlighters with vaguely future tech, bam we're cyber baby."

Stuff like Fifth Element appealed because someone actually came up with a wacky future world and didn't just copy/paste a generic template.

Fifth Element had a collection of the greatest concept artists of their whole generation working on it. These days, we have a billion sci fi shows and movies coming out, and yes we have more artists, but there's still only so many that are truly fantastic. Most professional artists are just at a solidly decent level.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

That was one of the fun things about Looper

All of the Loopers dressed in retro styles because they wanted to look like gangsters

Abe calls Joe out on it - how they all wear ties rather than something more futurey

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    wrong thread!

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XByiHpUvrj0

"I am Nicolas Cage - let's get fucked"

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    yes!

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Nicholas Cage's hair is looking pretty good.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Goddom do I love etymology.

• Options
    That pain experiment is interesting if true. That being able to express yourself lets you deal with pain better.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I guess Nic Cage finally sunk low enough to do Netflix stuff now a double dab.

• Options

Having seen the things he's been in recently this is the step up.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Nicolas Cage has no spectrum, there is only Nicolas Cage.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular

Having seen the things he's been in recently this is the step up.

The man's got Pyramid payments to make

• Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    I saw the thumbnail and thought "whatever this is, I am in"

• Options
    SchadenfreudeSchadenfreude Mean Mister Mustard Registered User regular
    That pain experiment is interesting if true. That being able to express yourself lets you deal with pain better.
    Brian Blessed was a test subject for this on a Stephen Fry documentary.
    https://youtu.be/JA-g3Mhgnjk

Contemplate this on the Tree of Woe
  • Options

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I did smile with the barber shop, that will probably be the only good thing in it especially since they're pretending they haven't aged from 1988. Could be a surprise and be good throughout, but not raising expectations.

edit: My Hero Academia Season 5 trailer, starts March 27th. Reading the manga this is actually a good portion of the series since it deals a lot with the supporting cast and heroes, and not so much little bitch Deku:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN0ZvBL1Ia4

TexiKen on
  • Options
    TehSpectre wrote: »

they turned the Jewish guy black? WTF?
    If the character's problematic for you then call Seth Rogen or better yet cut him out of the movie. This is just gross.

• Options
    Wait, is that what they did? I thought they just made him more tan to avoid the twitter mobs and #cancellation of Pluto Nash. I mean I don't have a problem if Murphy wants to bring the character back, but if they're bringing him back and also changing his race that seems pointless.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/thcQFXC5sKY

Oh man, what is this movie?
    That box better not have a moguai in it, I don't think I can handle a gritty ww2 gremlins reboot right now.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Honestly parts of that trailer make it seem like it could only work if its a gremlins origin story.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/thcQFXC5sKY

Oh man, what is this movie?
    That box better not have a moguai in it, I don't think I can handle a gritty ww2 gremlins reboot right now.

Its a future flop.

AlphaRomero on
  • Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    I did smile with the barber shop, that will probably be the only good thing in it especially since they're pretending they haven't aged from 1988. Could be a surprise and be good throughout, but not raising expectations.

edit: My Hero Academia Season 5 trailer, starts March 27th. Reading the manga this is actually a good portion of the series since it deals a lot with the supporting cast and heroes, and not so much little bitch Deku:

Guess I'll be the heathen here but is Season 4 dubbed out?

oh h*ck
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Turkson wrote: »

Guess I'll be the heathen here but is Season 4 dubbed out?

Season 4 dub finished airing in June.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Shadow In the Clouds looks terrible. I roll my eyes at how ham handed generic kick ass female is shown (seriously Hollywood, find a better cliche), but you make it Chloe Moretz of all people? This is up there with Megan Fox being a special forces soldier in that one movie she did earlier this year.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    That explosion thrown back into the plane looked soooooo dumb.

I might have to watch that.

• Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    If the whole movie is as dumb as the explosion bit, it might be a lot of fun. I suspect there's a high probability that it will be dumb enough to be bad, but not dumb enough to be a good time.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    The explosion bit is probably the best part of the film, and given it's in the trailer, you know it's gonna be a steaming pile.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    IMO this looks really good and I wish I could watch it already
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5A_WDdm1gM

This discussion has been closed.