As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SECRET SATANS 2020. PERFECT GIFTING!

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Well I'm still going to leave the post here, because this is a fuckin' killer Lego set.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I meant to post about this yesterday when they arrived, but I was so exhausted most of the day that I forgot them!

The MYSTERIOUS TRACKING NUMBER turned out to be a bunch of posters from Fangamer!

9pvvhsojmeu0.jpg
    xcvz9yi8s9ls.jpg
    ln3f2duezu6q.jpg
    8turfnolcw1g.jpg

These are extremely cool, and it also reminds me that I need to get frames for the other prints @Cristoval got me last year!

There was no name on the packaging, so I'm not sure if my satan prefers to remain anonymous or if they're going to reveal themselves with something else? I mean, either way, this is very generous on its own, so thank you, whoever you are!

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    I've got a gift!

...I am stuck in wall to wall meetings! I'll post later on but oooooh Satan, you worked some dark magics indeed.

• Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Buying prints is the easy part. Remembering to buy frames before they all get tattered and torn is forever.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Oh those posters are great!

• Options

With a mighty thud a package was deposited upon my doorstep. From a retailer that I have not ordered from, I proclaimed!

And while I was very excited about what said package revealed, I wanted to be sure that the four furry members of the house also had the chance to have their opinion heard.
    gVsv5fHl.jpg
    Little One (aka Princess aka Squeaker aka Butterball) enjoys the gift but would like me to, and I quote, "fuck off and go get snacks for me."

NIY3neCl.jpg
    Tepoz is a bit confused by it all, but is generally pleased that there is a book with pictures in it. He's my dim, but very loveable, boy.

iBiG7f6l.jpg
    Bacchus would much rather read "Sharks in the Time of Saviours" and go back to sleep. He's been a bit moody since he can't get lattes anymore.

tarSdTIl.jpg
    Pip...well...Pip pretty much lives in a bathroom so has described it as something excellent to pass the time with.

There is only a real name and address available so I'll refrain from mentioning that in case you do not wish to be outed, Dark Lord, but know that this is deeply appreciated and I'm going to be spending some time in the very very near future paging through this. Thank you so much - it is a phenomenal gift.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Cristoval wrote: »
    Buying prints is the easy part. Remembering to buy frames before they all get tattered and torn is forever.

Rachel immediately told me "Hey I'm going to put these back in the tube so they don't get destroyed."

I think I'm gonna have to get a custom frame for the Dark Souls one! And then the question is where to put it - I kind of want to put it by my computer desk but there's not really much of a good spot?

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    @Pinfeldorf the lego set is from me for secret shamblers! Sorry, they didn't let me put a note.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Hey @DrZiplock, glad you and the fur friends enjoyed the book. Far Side is the best and I’m happy it was on your wish list.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    ZeroCow wrote: »
    Oh sweet! More gifts!
    A blurry box! I'm not quite sure how it got delivered since it's hard to read, but I'm glad it did!
    9h8uiq7k9kgs.jpg
    Wait a minute! The three year old has struck again!

Awesome! Records!
    fvp0ioj3y3bt.jpg

It should be known that Queen is the greatest group ever. I love Queen. Queen II as an album is awesome. If you are familiar with the Ogre Battle video games then you may know that the name of the game comes from a song on this Album. Also one of the games has the subtitle March of the Black Queen which is also on the album. March of the Black Queen is one of the many rhapsodies that Queen performed of the non-bohemian variety!

David Bowie is also awesome and I love Bowie almost as much as I love Queen!

Thanks Satan!

Excellent! I'm glad everything arrived in one piece. I specifically asked the guys at Magnolia Thunderpussy (in beautiful Columbus, OH) to write SATAN all over the box. He told me he couldn't do the outside, but would happily plaster the inside with as many Satans as he could fit. Sail Hatan!

6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    QuickSnap wrote: »
    ZeroCow wrote: »
    Oh sweet! More gifts!
    A blurry box! I'm not quite sure how it got delivered since it's hard to read, but I'm glad it did!
    9h8uiq7k9kgs.jpg
    Wait a minute! The three year old has struck again!

Awesome! Records!
    fvp0ioj3y3bt.jpg

It should be known that Queen is the greatest group ever. I love Queen. Queen II as an album is awesome. If you are familiar with the Ogre Battle video games then you may know that the name of the game comes from a song on this Album. Also one of the games has the subtitle March of the Black Queen which is also on the album. March of the Black Queen is one of the many rhapsodies that Queen performed of the non-bohemian variety!

David Bowie is also awesome and I love Bowie almost as much as I love Queen!

Thanks Satan!

Excellent! I'm glad everything arrived in one piece. I specifically asked the guys at Magnolia Thunderpussy (in beautiful Columbus, OH) to write SATAN all over the box. He told me he couldn't do the outside, but would happily plaster the inside with as many Satans as he could fit. Sail Hatan!

Thank you! This is all quite wonderful and Magnolia Thunderpussy is a very fun place to look for records!

The significant other understands the entire shopping for internet strangers (as I've done this with G&T for several years), but she was very confused by the Satan part! It was all quite lovely. :)

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Ominous gifting memes? I like it!

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Is it an ominous gifting meme, or is it an ominous gifting riddle?

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    I BELIEVE my gift is all finished, just need to do final assembly and send it.

My wife decided we needed one last gift to really pop it off so today I grabbed that and I'm packing up the box and shipping it later today.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    Hello! Cross posting from G&T to ensure maximum cheer and appropriate satan appreciation.
    Elin wrote: »
    Another delivery notification. It's looking like these gifts were influenced by someone who grew up on Oahu. My husband, who grew up on Maui, is very interested in stealing sampling my gifts.

ovr1hlkzij2i.gif

I get boxes, I open boxes. I commented on the imgur album for ease but if anyone cannot see the comments - these gifts are amazing. I also have a super happy husband which is an extra gift.

Gift Get! https://imgur.com/a/JRuZsBy

Thank you Santa! Your first message said the last package was on the 21st but I can't imagine getting more so I'm assuming it shipped early.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Hey @DrZiplock, glad you and the fur friends enjoyed the book. Far Side is the best and I’m happy it was on your wish list.

Dude, it's so good - thanks very much!

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Drunk Satans purchases are the best purchases.

No, you shut up.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    My presents are purchased and boxed

.... now if the post office would not have a several hours long line of people inside a building during a frigging pandemic, that'd be wonderful!

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Crime Scene Report
    Wednesday, December 16, 2020 - 21:58 CST

Victim is one Caucasian male in his early thirties, the apparent victim of a botched breaking and entering. The body was found earlier this evening and called in immediately, but it appears that he has been dead since Sunday the thirteenth. There is no indication that the body has been moved or tampered with in any way, and we should operate from the assumption that the crime took place at the primary location.

yqfcadyidbk1.jpg

FIG 1:
    In terms of how the victim was killed, it seems to be fairly cut and dry.

h0nrahdgl1pu.jpg

Looks like the victim was a collector of specialty board games, not a Monopoly in sight here. This particular board game has a bit of heft to it, and it was used to repeatedly bludgeon the victim’s face and head, which was covered with a cloth sack before the incident. One curious thing here is that it looks like it had not been previously opened - it’s still in shrink wrap. Must have been new.

FIG 2:
    One of the more curious aspects of this case is the inclusion of the set of lockpicks.

xy4ys22vvs0t.jpg

While it was initially assumed that these were used for entry into the apartment, they show no sign of actual use, which confounds things slightly. The implication here is that the lockpicks were brought here, brand new, and intentionally left at the scene - could this be an attempt at framing the victim for some other crime? A cursory profile of the victim do indicate a number of criminal tendencies, including celebrating specific criminal activities as being "cool" and considering committing a federal crime a "sweet prank":
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Also let's be careful not to directly associate criminality and evil here

Especially when the crime in question is as cool as deposing the King of England
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Like you've never committed a federal crime for a sweet prank before

The end result of this background check is still inconclusive, but this is important evidence to keep in mind moving forward - this doesn't seem like an isolated B&E anymore, but rather a premeditated attack.

FIG 3:
    This book was found lying in the middle of the floor of the victim’s apartment.

bqbwcbptijev.jpg

On the surface, it doesn’t seem to be a particularly strange inclusion, given the rest of the books that were found in his place of residence. That said, the other books are meticulously sorted and organized, and this one was just sitting in the middle of his living room floor. Our initial belief was that the book was being carried by the victim when he was attacked, but there are no bookmarks and the spine isn't loose or broken in any way, so it appears to be unread. We’re currently operating under the assumption that this book was placed here as a sort of trap or distraction, allowing our perp to sneak up on the victim and put the bag over his head before assaulting him. We’ve sent it to forensics for fingerprint analysis, but they returned nothing.

FIG 4:
    Another book, softcover this time.

y7pv8oph6z2w.jpg

Its placement on the victim’s chest implies that it was placed there after his death, possibly as some sort of message. We sent this one to forensics too, and apparently one of our CSIs was being a wise guy and opened it up to read out loud. He’s been reprimanded for the behavior, but while he was halfway through the first chapter, a couple pieces of paper fluttered out of the bottom of it.

m25kpnivefdm.jpg

Sure enough, they look to be a message from our killer - some real Jack the Ripper shit. They use a pseudonym here, @Ladybug2332. We have no record of this individual in our database, but we’re going to keep looking and see what we can turn up.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    this is my favorite post every year

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    When @Straightzi gets a gift, we all get a gift.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I wish I was A: creative enough to do that and B: had enough spoons to do that.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
  • Options
    Ladybug2332Ladybug2332 Registered User regular
    @Straightzi you might think me a suspect, but I daresay the mystery runs deeper than you thought. In fact, I have engaged an outside forensics agency to assist in solving this heinous crime. As you read this, I was just informed that an important piece of additional material evidence has been discovered, and may in fact, be the real murder weapon. It is being sent to you as a gesture of goodwill to facilitate your investigation further. It may take some time to arrive however, processing paperwork, chain of custody to observe, etc. So for now, I urge caution as you wait, keep your mind and wits sharp and beware the forces that assemble against you in the dark...

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Thank you so much!

I've spent my morning refreshing my lockpicking skills, and that set includes a translucent padlock that makes me feel like an absolute wizard. I learned using probably much shittier tools, working against just regular padlocks and/or door locks, and being able to see what I'm doing is great for getting back into it.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I got an Amazon package yesterday! It was a book I ordered about meadows.

But then I got another Amazon package today! And I hadn't ordered anything. I had been blessed by Satan. So an evil blessing. I guess that's a curse? Whatever. Gifts!

Inside was a pair of binoculars. Which is awesome because my last pair, my trusty friend who survived years with me in the bush, were killed by my nephew a few months ago. I assume I must have mentioned it here because otherwise that is some pretty psychic gifting. These are even the same size and magnification as my old ones, and they came with a wee tripod.

In addition there was a kitchen knife, which is shiny and sharp and has some serious weight to it, feels just perfect for being the murderer in a teen horror movie. Or cooking, I guess. It came in a snazzy box with a cushion lining. I don't think anything I own has ever come in such fancy packaging.

Not a great photo, sorry. My phone didn't like taking pictures of black objects on a white desk under artificial lighting

uaa5hvqzklgw.jpg

There was also a gift note. It said "And this one's for stabbing." I assume there was supposed to be another note as well because that's sort of an odd thing to write otherwise.

Thank you so much @Brolo ! These are both excellent. And conveniently the best window for bird watching in this house is right where I stand when I'm cooking so I can use them both simultaneously. Thanks again!

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Cross post gift get!
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    e6cqiab34mpn.gif

Today's been a not so great today so it seems the universe decided to cheer me up with this:
    plhpcgwmg1mm.jpg

You can never ever have enough Lego. Thank you so much for the "preview" gift, mysterious Satan! It's amazing how awesome this is every year and how unbelievably generous complete strangers can be.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I just wrapped my Satans gifts. I was going to send them in a flat rate box via USPS....but I don't think this one thing is going to fit...so...thats going to be a little drive to UPS.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Hoi hoi chimchums of the SE++ subforum! I come bearing tidings of gifts received from the G&T subforum! @Cameron_Talley 's gifts have landed upon my doorstep and now I share them with you!
    e6cqiab34mpn.gif

Today a mysterious Amazon package arrived at my doorstep! And it turned out to be a Secret Santa/Satan package!

Upon opening the box I was met with two wrapped gifts:
    QiRdaej.png

The first gift ended up being a tabletop Wacky Wavy Inflatable Tube Guy! I gotta say, once I got it setup and running, it was surprisingly funny to just have off to the side of my desk flopping around while I'm doing computer stuff.
    rr58jO1.png
    u3E0rD6.png

The second gift turned out to be a D&D recipe book! It's super awesome! I've always loved fantasy food and cooking stuff ever since I was a kid and my dad would read me Redwall books (before I eventually started reading them on my own). Those were full of all sorts of amazing sounding foods and meals and feasts and my dad actually tried his hand at making some of those (to mixed success). This should be a ton of fun! I've actually been wanting to make a beef stew recently and it turned out the first recipe in the book was for a beef stew-type dish! I definitely see myself getting a ton of use out of this. Also, the book itself is amazing. It's constructed just like a D&D book and it's also got lots of cool D&D food related stuff in there besides recipes, like food culture in different D&D settings, famous restaurants in those settings, characteristics of different races cooking (the book is actually split into different races, so Human/Elf/Dwarf/etc), etc. Anyway, it's a super cool gift and I can't wait to dig into it!
    aOCoxQC.png
    MjAjL7Q.png

Edit: Can't believe I forgot to directly thank my Santa/Satan, @Cameron_Talley ! Thanks for the gifts! They were really cool! I especially can't wait to try making stuff from that recipe book <3

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Oh man, the tube guy rules

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Is there a section in the book for rolling your own recipe? Or perhaps some sort of point buy system?

• Options
    JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    I was going through my pile of deliveries from this week, and I believe I have been gifted yet again!
    jCW8GyZl.jpg
    As a resident of tornado alley, this is a really thoughtful gift from Satan. Every house should have one of these. Thank you thricely!

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I got an Amazon package yesterday! It was a book I ordered about meadows.

But then I got another Amazon package today! And I hadn't ordered anything. I had been blessed by Satan. So an evil blessing. I guess that's a curse? Whatever. Gifts!

Inside was a pair of binoculars. Which is awesome because my last pair, my trusty friend who survived years with me in the bush, were killed by my nephew a few months ago. I assume I must have mentioned it here because otherwise that is some pretty psychic gifting. These are even the same size and magnification as my old ones, and they came with a wee tripod.

In addition there was a kitchen knife, which is shiny and sharp and has some serious weight to it, feels just perfect for being the murderer in a teen horror movie. Or cooking, I guess. It came in a snazzy box with a cushion lining. I don't think anything I own has ever come in such fancy packaging.

Not a great photo, sorry. My phone didn't like taking pictures of black objects on a white desk under artificial lighting

uaa5hvqzklgw.jpg

There was also a gift note. It said "And this one's for stabbing." I assume there was supposed to be another note as well because that's sort of an odd thing to write otherwise.

Thank you so much @Brolo ! These are both excellent. And conveniently the best window for bird watching in this house is right where I stand when I'm cooking so I can use them both simultaneously. Thanks again!

Ahhhh I'm so glad you got it! Amazon UK gave me a series of very conflicting messages about whether your package had been the subject of some sort of shipping error, but it seems like the main items came through.

uzkpMl8.jpeg
    There was supposed be a little spy vs spy card that came with it (one spy with binoculars, the other with a knife), and the gift cards were about spying and stabbing, but it looks like those remain 'undeliverable'. Still, I hope the knife is sharp enough for any cooking, and the binoculars will let you spot any suspicious birds in the area.

There's one more gift coming your way, but it might appear a little closer to Christmas, so keep those binocs handy!

• Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Sorry for the late crosspost, didn’t realize we were doing that! I got these gifts a little while ago:

9DxtKmH.gif

F6281-B1-D-947-D-43-F2-BD5-F-8-D3-E00-E18-B1-C.jpg

Thank you, Santa! This will go great in my office to holder my smaller reference books!

——————————

ovr1hlkzij2i.gif
    PAGift.png

Thank you so much, Santa! My parents read this book to me when I was younger and I don't really remember much other than enjoying the story, so I've been meaning to give it another whirl. This will great, thank you

Mace1370 on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    6J34LmD.gif

A late night knock from DHL?! What could this be?
    9xRPN0Fl.jpg

SNACKS!
    d4kYhUfl.jpg

Awesome! I love the crazy diversity of snacks, and wish we had more fun and wild stuff like this in the US. I haven't actually delved into tasting any of these yet, but I am including pictures of each of the snack types below in the spoiler. Thank you @cooljammer00 !
    Some sort of potato chip, but "Stand by Me" flavored?!
    tYVxCjSl.jpg

Fish cracker? Fish cookie? Fish flavored? Who knows! I may try to put Google Translate to the test on some of these. But then, that would spoil the surprise and fun.
    t9F4FBil.jpg

Panda cookies! If these are anything like the ones they sell at Five Below, they've got a chocolate creme inside.
    IDGMnL8l.jpg

Another fishy snack!
    nlBnA9al.jpg

Cheese puffs?
    62w2fKvl.jpg

Pokemon branding, a sure seller! I'm guessing this are similar to the panda cookies?
    SvOSTKkl.jpg

I can't even begin to guess. Apples?
    lYXOuTsl.jpg

Another fish-themed snack. Looks like a mix of things like trail mix, but no idea what it will taste like.
    i1QnZeXl.jpg

These look like pocky without the chocolate. So maybe pretzel/biscuit sticks?
    A3mmSPQl.jpg

Ooh! Cola gummy!
    AlYe4AXl.jpg

Peach Fanta! Fanta is everywhere it seems!
    1XkzPp9l.jpg

I think this is a fruit gummy, but made to look like a burger. I've had something similarly shaped before, so maybe?
    wTJvYmcl.jpg

I am SOOOOO jealous of the myriad of flavors and specialty KitKats that Japan gets. These look like chocolate creme filled cookies though? Is it an inside-out KitKat?
    uUho38Il.jpg

I have no idea, but I'm willing to put it in my mouth. Wait, I think I remember this one, the back was clear and it looks like a rainbow fruit gummy.
    91LG7Xyl.jpg

Turtle flavored chips? I hope not.
    dPaoRjfl.jpg

Pudding balls?! Maybe. I think it's fairly evident by this point I don't read Japanese. I'm working off the pictures here that I've seen in anime/manga/games.
    P90ufB4l.jpg

And finally, a classic. How can anything snack related come from Japan and not include chocolate pocky? Looks like it might be a dark cocoa or fancier chocolate though than the normal stuff.
    TZX9OOil.jpg

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    damn that looks like a great haul

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    stand by me chips got me thinking only one thing:

"you guys wanna eat a dead body??"

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    After you finish the Stand By Me chips, you find a dead body and have a great life changing moment with your friends.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00