As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SECRET SANTA] & [CRYPTIC CARDS]: Classiness is 2020

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    I have been hit with additional gifts!

N7n6cKal.jpg

Twisp & Catsby! Aaa!

Shit that Twisp is so adorable and so fancy!

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I dunno how well it shows up in the pic, but his monocle ain't felt, it's a separate bit of clear plastic, classy as heck.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Hey, Santee!

Your gift is about to wing it’s way to you!

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    More gifts!

7hn1dzd3tn51.png

spxvw65pa6ev.jpg

Thanks again @Six !

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    👍

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Someday my flatrate box will come and this gift cannon will be fired...some day.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Someday my flatrate box will come and this gift cannon will be fired...some day.

Even outside this project I've found the post service quite sluggish this year.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    I've been anxiously refreshing both the web tracker and my text messages since it's been two days since the initial expected delivery but the USPS finally said my card has been officially delivered.

I'm guessing way more people are sending packages now that they're not visiting.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I mailed out the card a few days ago, but I'm not sure if it'll make it in time before Christmas. Hopefully it will, but if not, no biggie. Late gifts are great as well.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I got my gift!!!

7w453j9d3o9i.jpeg

Some lovely looking bath bombs!!! Can’t wait to try these out

Going to take a scalding hot bath ASAP

• Options
    The flavors: 5l3247do4v6z.jpeg

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    The flavors: 5l3247do4v6z.jpeg

That is gift the first. Expect another soon!

• Options
    my chakras are going be so fucking cleansed

• Options
    also, thanks JRX!!

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    also, thanks JRX!!

Yvw

I've been sweating this hoping I picked out some good stuff, glad to see I'm at least 1/1

• Options
    I take a bath almost every day during the colder parts of the year!

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    A wild gift has appeared! It appears it is the second part of my full and total gift receiving, and yet, I still do not know the identity of my Secret SatanSanta.

d0au8YS.jpg

Thanks for this amazing cookbook! The recipes are top notch, actual things a human person would want to eat. There’s tons of flavor text and fun bits to make it D&D stylized, but the recipes are quite normal looking. The art and photography throughout the book are really great too, I’m very impressed. And it’s a thick, chunky book, no slouch for content here.

Thank you!

Whoever you are.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    @AngelHedgie

For the coup de grace on the unfeeling, horrific year we've all been through, my Santa pulled out an assortment of goodies.

A wooden sticker, decal, several local postcards, and some pretty slamming chocolate from The Parrot, a local place near them.

vmzj4h7tyic3.jpg

Plus that card is choice. Seriously beautiful.

Thanks again for being a generous and p fantastic Santa, to the both of you Hedgies.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    aaaaaaaaaa

I got our final gifts from @Atomika!

Firstly:

D84filRl.jpg?1

Bel loves Grant and is super into his story, and also loves meditative type coloring so these are perfect for her!
    And yes, fucking Prince. This book is beautifully insane. Every time he says "I" he instead uses... ok just look at this wonderful madness

n619vjDl.jpg

I am in awe.

Second thing is even better and it is a) a yeti mug, which is amazing, but I can't put up a photo because it is also b) a deep cut Simpsons pun based on our last name....

51EIIqbGezL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Perfect. Thank you!!!

spool32 on
  • Options
    @jungleroomx sent me a dice bag and some dice!!

I didn’t have a dice bag, and jrx sent me one that looks like it belongs to a gay warlock which is *very* on brand for me. And these dice are made of crystal? Marble? They’re rad and weighty, all my other dice are plastic

Anyway I love them!! I can’t wait to roll up to a table top game and whip this out

rb1uf4d89wsl.jpeg

b2o18tn79q90.jpeg

7idfowadymxa.jpeg

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Oh that dice bag is slick.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    jungleroomx sent me a dice bag and some dice!!

I didn’t have a dice bag, and jrx sent me one that looks like it belongs to a gay warlock which is *very* on brand for me. And these dice are made of crystal? Marble? They’re rad and weighty, all my other dice are plastic

Anyway I love them!! I can’t wait to roll up to a table top game and whip this out

rb1uf4d89wsl.jpeg

b2o18tn79q90.jpeg

7idfowadymxa.jpeg

They're a form of amethyst, stone dice. Make sure you roll them on a soft surface!

Glad you like them man!

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    So, I finally went to my mailbox (in another thread, I noted that the subdivision I live in has a master mail drop, so I tend to check the mail a couple of times a week.) And in the package drop, I had packages from both my Santa and card exchange.

From @SummaryJudgment, we received this:

pancha88fq41.png

The maple syrup made both of us laugh, as I had just picked up some on the weekly shopping run - so getting more was a bit of a a surprise. The chocolate will be happily eaten, as both of us are chocoholics. As for the cookbook, I'm definitely going to need to read up on the recipes to get some ideas for the Instant Pot. And finally, the Lego ISS model will be finding a place in my office once it's built.

Then there's the "card" from @Surfpossum:

f36ol2l4vifa.png

That is a gorgeous painting of the Master Sword in the Lost Woods, and it is getting framed and hung up on the wall.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Hooray, it made it safe and sound!

I forgot to add a PS that the paint bleeding under the tape was an accident but my wife said it looked interesting so I left it rather than try and clean it up; I figured if you wanted you could put something over it.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    So, I finally went to my mailbox (in another thread, I noted that the subdivision I live in has a master mail drop, so I tend to check the mail a couple of times a week.) And in the package drop, I had packages from both my Santa and card exchange.

From @SummaryJudgment, we received this:

*snip*

The maple syrup made both of us laugh, as I had just picked up some on the weekly shopping run - so getting more was a bit of a a surprise. The chocolate will be happily eaten, as both of us are chocoholics. As for the cookbook, I'm definitely going to need to read up on the recipes to get some ideas for the Instant Pot. And finally, the Lego ISS model will be finding a place in my office once it's built.

Then there's the "card" from Surfpossum:

*snip*

That is a gorgeous painting of the Master Sword in the Lost Woods, and it is getting framed and hung up on the wall.

I'm glad you like them :biggrin: There is one more coming, but I haven't even received a ship notice from the vendor yet, so it might be a New Year's gift.

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    Hooray, it made it safe and sound!

I forgot to add a PS that the paint bleeding under the tape was an accident but my wife said it looked interesting so I left it rather than try and clean it up; I figured if you wanted you could put something over it.

My wife agrees with your wife about the bleeding effect.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    So my Santa got me a cookbook full of scrumptious, indulgent food recipes but also an exercise game. And still hasn’t revealed themselves. The Devil, confirmed.

• Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    I have run out of packing tape in the midst of preparing boxes! Oh the trials of gifting! All shall sent your as yet ignorant way on Monday!

N1tSt4lker on
  • Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    I just got back home after a week away and I think I have a gift get! I am debating on opening now or just waiting until the 25th since it’s not far off.

I also still have one package to send out today.

mRahmani on
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    emhyhwS.gif

AAGGHH look at this cool stuff!!!! ♥️♥️♥️

cgwypptb5j3e.jpeg

This is going in a frame on my wall this weekend!! I'll post pics when its all up!!

Thank you! But who am I thanking? There's no name!

👻 I T I S A M Y S T E R Y 👻

Atomika on
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Carded!

Smx6xXhl.jpg

That's a lot of card.

cwFFwREl.jpg

And a mysterious box. And next to the box-like cat, a treat!

4HxDC30l.jpg

The finest chocs Montana has to offer. Some were consumed before I could get a pic.

Thank you so much @AngelHedgie I hope we all have an excellent 2021. <3

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    A package arrived for me today that I don't remember ordering. Inside was a neat robe that I'm going to wear the shit out of for the next 3 months

adg04qh8sruj.jpg

There was no note or anything so I dunno if it was one of you or my mom or if I just got high and ordered it and forgot, all 3 explanations are plausible, but I think it looks pretty good either way, so much thanks if this was from one of you.

vcbqrpf6layv.jpg

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    it was meeeeee! I hope it keeps you warm and cozy! There's also a cat-related gift coming but it's coming from china and might be a little while

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I'm truly sorry santee, I got you something heavy and thus need a flatrate box which are apparently as hard to get as a ps5 right now.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    So, a box full of stuff landed today! There was much rejoicing.

But since the messages only revealed themselves to be from PA Santa and didn’t contain a screen name, I don’t know if they were from this Secret Santa or another sub-forum’s, and I’m trying to keep everything straight. So, Santa, if you could reach out through channels and let me know if the box you sent along contained a hardback copy of Axiom’s End by Lindsay Ellis, I’d appreciate it so I can properly thank you!

Thanks again!

@JaysonFour

Sorry, I completely missed this. Yes, the big box that contained Axiom's End was me, as were the hand warmers! If you could PM me your Paizo account, there is also some additional gifting to go on :winky:

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    So, it's been forever, but... I'm finally, relatively sure this is everything- but feel free to correct me, Santa!

emhyhwS.gif

So, a few days ago, I was summoned to the living room by my niece- apparently there had been a package delivery for me! So... I sat down and began to tear into it.

uORuqBm.jpg?1

Up there in the corner is Poppy, who decided she was going to guard everything from the other cats, who went ahead and decided to wait until the box was empty.

So, let's see what was in there... Huh, plenty of these little plastic air bubble things... ah, here we go!

T7wbK6k.jpg?2

A bamboo book stand! This ought to be useful- but for what? Maybe there's more clues out here in the box...

XpurN4z.jpg?2

A hardback copy of Axiom's End, by Lindsay Ellis! I'm looking forward to digging into this tomorrow night, after we get the gifts set out, with a little eggnog and some snacks!

P0drBuK.jpg?2

A Sword and Shield Pokedex! This was an absolutely huge hit with my niece, who has been devouring pages out of it every single day! (She's recently hit halfway completed on her main-game Pokedex and is loving the journey and the catching, and is a little disappointed it's so close to ending... (which is why we're giving her the Let's Go Pokemon games Friday.)

TeA0hjQ.jpg?2

Cat wands! These have been an absolute huge hit with them- all it takes is one little skitter across the floor and they're going absolutely bananas! There's a big one and a little one, and plenty of stuff to attach at the bottom!

0V53xFe.jpg?2

This appears to be a manga of some kind? But still, it has cats on the cover of it, so it can't be all bad, I imagine! I'm planning on binging this one upcoming quiet night!

P1qzcCE.jpg?1

q3tSvqX.jpg?2

IFWQc7G.jpg?2

I love to collect specialty cookbooks- games, TV shows, movies- it's just one more aspect of them you can jump right into! The dessert one is full of yummy things I'm going to take a crack at, but I think the first thing I'll make is out of the Vault-Dweller's Cookbook. I love me some Fallout stuff- I just hope it doesn't ask me for some Mut-Fruit or gecko meat...

KA4MyaU.jpg?2

1kLrpM9.jpg?1

And, to finish this box off, an epic crapload of kitteh treats! I get the feeling this is what Poppy was after... she did get first pick, after all!

Of course, that wasn't everything... a few days after that, another box showed up! Inside...

EL8iLrV.jpg?1

A rechargeable hand-warmer! This ought to make things a lot warmer after I shovel the walk and the driveway tomorrow!

And who do I have to thank for all this? That would be the self-admitted Santa @milski !

There is a lot of amazing stuff here, and I love all of it! I'm looking forward to doing a lot of cooking, and I can't wait to crack open these books and start reading!

...and apparently there's some stuff coming via internet for my tabletop gaming account over on Paizo, and I absolutely love all that stuff too!

Many thanks again!

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Gift get!

A mysterious package arrived in the office when I wasn’t expecting one and I trekked in to see what it was!

b9s4cfrihlx4.jpeg

xucrgoe6w39l.jpeg

Only just the 25 anniversary editions of one of my favourite albums! Absolutely cracking choice Santa, there was no note to go with it so I’m not sure who it was!

Tav on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    emhyhwS.gif

A small mystery box appeared on my porch this morning.

86sf6muyppma.jpg

I opened it up to find an envelope!

ldmamfyr62zo.jpg

And inside the envelope was this note:

yilaxe07dgdd.jpg

Ah ha! My secret Santa is revealed to be @N1tSt4lker! Nintendo bucks and spicy things, eh?

ivey5e1ut04n.jpg

LOL! Yes, this page was pretty big. But I'll make sure to put the funds to good use. Bravely Default II is on the horizon...hmmm....

As to the contents of the box, it was time to bring in the local elite present openers:

yqtdrvfkfh0d.jpg
    3ept6hud189f.jpg
    en1dxmsuoklw.jpg

Looks like two cans of spicy beans, a can of spice, and a bag of spicy chips. I must admit, I'm a bit of a spice wuss, so the wife will probably be getting most of the value of these spicy treats!

And here's a close-up of the haul:

qu90khmcad8a.jpg

Finally, a conversation between me and my daughter:

"Daddy, what's this one?"
    "That's a can of spices."
    "What's it say?"
    "Slap ya' mama!"
    "The spices shouldn't hit our mommy."
    "That's right dear. I'll make sure they don't."

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    I believe I have been GIFTED!!!

nyrk3wwnbo1f.jpeg

This is so awesome!!!! Now I can play Mario Kart with my 5,000 housemates!!!!! Thank u Santa

(Also the package came pre-opened from the post office so if there was meant to be something else in there let me know;;;;)

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    I believe I have been GIFTED!!!

nyrk3wwnbo1f.jpeg

This is so awesome!!!! Now I can play Mario Kart with my 5,000 housemates!!!!! Thank u Santa

(Also the package came pre-opened from the post office so if there was meant to be something else in there let me know;;;;)

FINALLYYYYYYYYY something made it

There was a card I mailed over a week ago that probably never made it and other things en route, but that box was just joy cons. Merry Christmas!