As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CF Secret Santa 2020: Twenty Twenty Edition!

• DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    xasOsmv.gif

I have been surprised! Come with me on my package receiving journey:

"That sounds like a package! Maybe my phone is here early! No that box is too big, it must be for my wife. Wait no, it has my name on it! What did I order? Wait, it says Denada on the label! SANTA!"

With my unparalleled detective work finished, it was time for the requisite box inspection, carried out this year by Magnus Bane:
    co7wbhd8rvu9.jpg

Following his approval, I opened the box to find:
    oq7zttyzz9nb.jpg

The CR 0-5 set of D&D 5E Monster Cards (these will be very useful for my wife and I) and a new boardgame: Forgotten Waters. It has a theme I enjoy, it's co-op, and it's something I've never heard of. Slam dunk! My other cat Dovahkiin offered a drive-by inspection and also approves.

Thank you so much, Santa!

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Eh-heh, I pulled the trigger pretty early this year. I have been having less than great luck with mail lately and wanted to make sure your gift arrived.
    I'm really glad you're into it. I haven't played Forgotten Waters myself, but it comes highly recommended from my roleplaying friends. I did dig around your area to see if I could go through any local stores, but it seemed like you only had Magic shops with a smattering of miniatures support, and the one that would maybe have done custom orders specifically had a review or two citing problems with follow through. Alas.
    Happy Holidays, man~

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I have received additional festive packages!

eutvoseqmd6q.jpg

Upon further inspection their contents are revealed:

p8irsrzzo2ix.jpg

A puzzle/escape room style game, interestingly it does say it can only be played once, so I'll have to make sure to find a good group to play it out!
    A nice set of miniature brushes, which is very convenient as a lot of my current ones are down to their last few bristles really...
    And a nail polish/paint pot rack, which is handy as I have rather a lot of both, maybe it'll be enough to get me to sort out some of this mess!

81gi8dw9yley.jpg

But wait, there's more! I've also heard that there is an additional parcel on the way which is currently subject to some delays, which is exceedingly generous of my Santa given they've already gifted such a lovely selection, thank you very much!

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    My packages have been delivered!!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    MamaWolf wrote: »

Indeed they haaaave!
    xasOsmv.gif]

We were expecting an Amazon delivery already, so unfortunately I did not set Postal Inspector Starbuckle on the case for your holiday viewing pleasure.

Coincidentally, today was when we pulled the ol' tree out of storage and set up the lights and everything. So your presents to me are the very first ones to go under the tree this year!
    It is very... purple.
    SwDSbkT.jpg?1

However, as these are the first presents, they have been officially placed under Qristmas Quarantine and not to be opened until Xmas. Since we're not going anywhere, that makes sense (grumble). I was still able to read the tags, though, so Thank You Very Much, @MamaWolf !
    Official Qristmas Quarantine didn't say anything about reading the delivery notices. The shipping label on the outside of the box said it contained lithium batteries for some reason, so I got curious.

Thank you for Aftermath! I was looking hard at this game, and being in an easy-to-set-up book instead of map tiles should make it easier to get to the table these days!
    The dice are sure to be claimed for The Hoard, and you can never have too many.
    UG6SCXL.jpg?2

Happy Howlidays back at you!

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
    Bursar wrote: »
    MamaWolf wrote: »

Indeed they haaaave!
    xasOsmv.gif]

We were expecting an Amazon delivery already, so unfortunately I did not set Postal Inspector Starbuckle on the case for your holiday viewing pleasure.

Coincidentally, today was when we pulled the ol' tree out of storage and set up the lights and everything. So your presents to me are the very first ones to go under the tree this year!
    It is very... purple.
    SoS0-Bi3g1Wsy6csWlqOemgsuP72b_IfJd05eS1nCWiJVYn15HkN6YMEdKG7sHGO6be5c1rbsVq8YACBMwMUzCD0Qsj1xgTyzF1K0cPSjfXjCN5DJkOVp_Xu1EvsEteukUkOYOwIvbRUCeUE-xp3f7-RvmM_un53AKxMdvfsYWM_joq2iDJNoVWRw160muLhnnegT3hwdfsfoTiB4B9G0Rzp1DA9RBvJ7EGxZ83USvsIecGO_1fQYaLCPdmsYwSX4MSvFkV-7rLJJGC6uzzPxVxjDfP7JFd5HTBn60JHtszL4A5-xK7NH3-wmCO8pmNdCkJPxh4ll0Tta7AmE1LwnTVeDS4kuFXaZ4qchuLJEOOe0LNoEv-PJ24Fsvm8yIdneI5T4Gq9DyYFqAgpwOzGjOhU1af1w1lbXsdsiQTqBfOd2dayJ1Hpam-dNE13dHqDecN59bwlnPdR5H12RmiuC8LcNm4ZV3VLmzxwQT35hvzCMUqokr0_oQh0XUaChtpvbEmtLfBK2SWpHBC_miLYkzHdLNONmR1wKdgM3QoBznZvteUbDz9CXRgJABq-yKIcwd15Yb86cw5p-fHMZrSNNPnvBldOKvFiqyTWfwgAJD1H5eNcFuEEp9NDAClxgjdTMoIV2QHgE0tydnX1U7Ef7WQQu8TgpqKqPqhBgL39OFIH-0jCbbdYZCZuwzpdhQ=w417-h555-no?authuser=0

However, as these are the first presents, they have been officially placed under Qristmas Quarantine and not to be opened until Xmas. Since we're not going anywhere, that makes sense (grumble). I was still able to read the tags, though, so Thank You Very Much, @MamaWolf !
    Official Qristmas Quarantine didn't say anything about reading the delivery notices. The shipping label on the outside of the box said it contained lithium batteries for some reason, so I got curious.

Thank you for Aftermath! I was looking hard at this game, and being in an easy-to-set-up book instead of map tiles should make it easier to get to the table these days!
    The dice are sure to be claimed for The Hoard, and you can never have too many.
    t7AJIA6Uxlco8I0FN0ez1578UWwKmtW-8h-Vy0u2EL4kSXbP9EcVj0_XuLcAGpy-UV2iU7gM_6uKOGdCxKwUEIpyiDhx-d2x4Dz_fqIB3p_kafN2mfCM0OxqhiHCDmF3O1gMK5OjMFbvMpcZtiiDiUqAX19Q7JUpeLCO3jVR2-2u-V_qbPqlzUJZpHzk2JhLnAWETUMETf2hWQ9vJZKERvf4CXxr4yFqNyOvEPyOhfyy06QqAW-AYOM4h8jY_OWObL26YmbhrQp6e7VhfLqAvWelTIKCI9UFQIQZZUc6KOppEwleHlfhGkbG60u_SeloRvF7IwEYFnGcGNgxJ7rB0CmtASp9IkWV3Vz2SYaZO7cXDtKjYjDzjDYk6zYCUyj1VpJGi2oWMJAoKABXZevvcp_EIwpZXUH2bD5kYIAyn1rO0DtcPoeYLWGcmDfnnoSj0G_HiGQkD8IZ6fLrY8hohYERc3WTySiATsOKy8k0sHflq-5oUMs0UaN7rW5cOFZe4u0Mp9T6oyhdzkXOvgMqDcqvX17cYeC7bCxUZS0IVqu1RCtlRtDUKQnAUQpvSTszMk7T9_gIf8KBszfjRWRzk6GmY6j7jecKrpEZ4oElfSeG58u2Fe76D-yqigrmUpbz1MOcMk86FUTIaNnnFntx_pNSt14ljgNFYasLZOnjewbLEZEvG1I7Hvz45Zwh0w=w740-h555-no?authuser=0

Happy Howlidays back at you!

Glad that arrived!! You should be getting another package Tuesday. It was all supposed to be there today, but shipping issues.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Three torpedoes in the water.

Surprisingly, one of my gift ideas seems to be unavailable. Had to pivot!

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    OK, so apparently the company I bought my secret Santa gift for uses the slowest shipping possible. The gift will arrive, but a few days before Christmas. Of course, I say this as I order it over two weeks ago! :(

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    @MamaWolf The second package has arrived! I am stunned, because there's just so much here.
    My wife snagged the box when it arrived and whisked away the shipment invoice before I got a peek at it; she's on to me and now I don't know what to thank you for aside from the already-too-bountiful good tidings of the season!
    The pictures from my previous post have been moved to a new host that should be public for one and all now!

In other news, my own present has been given to the tender ministrations of the USPS for shipment. It's only a matter of time now, Santee!

GNU Terry Pratchett
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
    @MamaWolf The second package has arrived! I am stunned, because there's just so much here.
    My wife snagged the box when it arrived and whisked away the shipment invoice before I got a peek at it; she's on to me and now I don't know what to thank you for aside from the already-too-bountiful good tidings of the season!
    The pictures from my previous post have been moved to a new host that should be public for one and all now!

In other news, my own present has been given to the tender ministrations of the USPS for shipment. It's only a matter of time now, Santee!

Glad to hear! I hope you'll enjoy them when you are able to open them!! Happy Howlidays!! Awoooh ho ho ho!

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Now, I did put my gift on order a week or so ago, but it currently has the rather broad estimated delivery date of 8th - 28th December, and also doesn't seem to have moved in any way towards actually shipping as far as I can tell...

So, er, I'll keep an eye on it and if it looks like it's going to get stuck I guess I'll try and sort out an alternative so at least something shows up.

xasOsmv.gif]

I got a mystery box delivered to the porch just now. Having ordered nothing, I guessed it was something from my secret Santa.

The box...
    h34jqihry994.jpg

Outfoxed! A co-op game for kids around 5+, which is perfect for my daughter who just turned 5.
    6hezxomfdlez.jpg

An enclosed note said, "And one for mini-Dover." indicating there might be more coming from my secret Santa, @Auralynx!

Gifts for the kids are always the best! Thanks Aura!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    xasOsmv.gif]

I got a mystery box delivered to the porch just now. Having ordered nothing, I guessed it was something from my secret Santa.

The box...
    h34jqihry994.jpg

Outfoxed! A co-op game for kids around 5+, which is perfect for my daughter who just turned 5.
    6hezxomfdlez.jpg

An enclosed note said, "And one for mini-Dover." indicating there might be more coming from my secret Santa, Auralynx!

Gifts for the kids are always the best! Thanks Aura!

Comes highly recommended by friends with similar-aged kids, so it seemed like a good bet. Hope it works out!

Two other packages coming, one likely pretty soon, the other nearer the date itself if all goes to plan.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

xasOsmv.gif]

A package greeted me on my lunch break!

You've all seen boxes, so I'll skip that one, but:
    3cua3kistbe0.jpg

* Glass, but not beer, supplied by what I believe to have been @Bursar based on past Secret Santa info. Beer recommended, though, if available where you are.

It doesn't 100% come through in the picture but that is an absolutely huge number of dice. I already have quite a lot, and I think you've just more-than-doubled what I've got available.

The Fiasco boxset is very welcome and a great call. I have the plain softcover rules with no extra doodads around here somewhere and will no doubt be getting them out again in the future!

Adding another party game to my mostly heavier-than-that game library won't hurt, either!

Thanks!

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Auralynx wrote: »
    xasOsmv.gif]

3cua3kistbe0.jpg

* Glass, but not beer, supplied by what I believe to have been @Bursar based on past Secret Santa info. Beer recommended, though, if available where you are.

It doesn't 100% come through in the picture but that is an absolutely huge number of dice. I already have quite a lot, and I think you've just more-than-doubled what I've got available.

The Fiasco boxset is very welcome and a great call. I have the plain softcover rules with no extra doodads around here somewhere and will no doubt be getting them out again in the future!

Adding another party game to my mostly heavier-than-that game library won't hurt, either!

Thanks!

Gah, I thought I'd have more time to write up a note for you.

That is indeed from me! The glass is from my local shop that offered the pint of dice in their Black Friday sales; the store has a bar in the back room which has gone unused in recent months, so that was a clever way to clear out some stock. I make no guarantees about the number or quality of the dice, but the clerk I talked to said they made sure to get a little bit of everything in there.

I played Get the MacGuffin with one of the designers last year and loved it, it's great for small (3) to large (10) groups where people can jump in and out between rounds; I was able to play it at my wedding while visiting between tables. And I was able to get you an expansion to a game you owned, so that's a twofer.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
    Auralynx wrote: »
    xasOsmv.gif]

3cua3kistbe0.jpg

Thanks!

Gah, I thought I'd have more time to write up a note for you.

That is indeed from me! The glass is from my local shop that offered the pint of dice in their Black Friday sales; the store has a bar in the back room which has gone unused in recent months, so that was a clever way to clear out some stock. I make no guarantees about the number or quality of the dice, but the clerk I talked to said they made sure to get a little bit of everything in there.

I played Get the MacGuffin with one of the designers last year and loved it, it's great for small (3) to large (10) groups where people can jump in and out between rounds; I was able to play it at my wedding while visiting between tables. And I was able to get you an expansion to a game you owned, so that's a twofer.

Yep, well done!

The dice mix seems heavy on d4s (??) and d20s (which makes more sense) but there's definitely some of everything in there. I can return to playing D&D as a wargame if I want to, or set traps for the barefooted and unwary.

It'll be nice to have a visual aid for future Fiasco sessions, as notebook paper wasn't working quite as well as one might hope.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

I got another package, but not sure if it’s from @Auralynx. It’s Burgle Bros, which I didn’t order since I own it already. But! I also have worked closely with Jeff Beck (co-worker with Fowers) on Word Domination and have backed BB2. So not sure if it’s from him or a shipping error.

If I had to guess, I think it’s from Aura. So thanks! :)

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited December 2020
    I got another package, but not sure if it’s from Auralynx. It’s Burgle Bros, which I didn’t order since I own it already. But! I also have worked closely with Jeff Beck (co-worker with Fowers) on Word Domination and have backed BB2. So not sure if it’s from him or a shipping error.

If I had to guess, I think it’s from Aura. So thanks! :)

Yep. That was #2, but also the improvised one. It should've been Tiny Epic Quest, but apparently that's out of production / unavailable everywhere.

Let me know if anything needs doing to correct the situation!

E: I was thinking small, obviously!

E2: No note in the last, either. Fair warning.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

That's cool. I actually already own Tiny Epic Quest as well, although just the first one (which I've never gotten to play :( )

Nothing needs to be done to fix the problem. Because there is no problem. Sometimes we get duplicate gifts, it happens. My kids got a cool game and that's more than enough.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Hey Santa, I don't know if you're still looking for ideas, but who wouldn't want a plushie gelatinous cube?
    https://creaturecuration.com/product/december-rpg-plush/

That's cool. I actually already own Tiny Epic Quest as well, although just the first one (which I've never gotten to play :( )

Nothing needs to be done to fix the problem. Because there is no problem. Sometimes we get duplicate gifts, it happens. My kids got a cool game and that's more than enough.

Make sure it gets to a good home, anyway. Burgle Bros is a great game!

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    A package has arrived! Loot post incoming later tonight!

Green wrote: »
    A package has arrived! Loot post incoming later tonight!

Not Secret Santa related, but the attempt to replace my Surface Go's keyboard took... 3 weeks, several calls to tech support, and probably a total of two hours on the phone. The new keyboard turned up today after the last thing I'd heard from them was that they needed to ship back my original, dead keyboard so I could register it under my name and send it back for a replacement. But the box was a nice surprise.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

edited December 2020
    I got a package today, but I got it when I was on my way to work! I shall post pictures and such tomorrow when I get off my 12 hour shift. In the meantime Mia my guard cat is keeping an eye o. It from her tower:
    otywia1ln5h2.png

And her guard bag:
    9w1nnhapbs71.png
    0nefir7ubc4i.png
    h4xwhazda2oq.png

MamaWolf on
    I have just been informed that my gift has now been shipped and should be due for arrival at my Santee's doorstep on December 21st. Unfortunately I couldn't get gift options on the parcel so it will just be a plain old box with no note I'm afraid.

dcdekfjebpfy.gif
    The package in question! (The card covering the shipping info was a matter of convenience, but it turned out to be great FORESHADOWING)
    fiw65OH.jpg
    The opened box! What secrets lie within?eqCcBwk.jpg

Six packs of Jumpstart! I was able to get exactly one of these when it first came out, so these are quite a welcome surprise!
    Bke62aT.jpg

A gift box of Zendikar Rising! Pictures do not really do justice to just how pretty this box is
    5crHYxk.jpg

HOLY CRAP. All four latest Commander precon decks! This is awesome!
    0RJ21qd.jpg

Some of the choice finds in the boosters. That Rhystic Study is especially nice to see!
    964i9m0.jpg

Ooh, what's this? While it's not Magic-related, these look like some very fine mugs! Let's just open them up...
    g3UukWe.jpg

PSYCHE! It's all Magic, all the time! (It's somewhat hard to see in the picture, but they're etched with all five mana symbols + the Planeswalker symbol)
    YEcqYsu.jpg

The haul in total!
    Wl8Kzhg.jpg

Thank you so much @Denada ! Sorry it took so long to get this post put together!

Yay! Glad you liked everything. I admit I don't know a whole lot about collecting Magic so I'm relieved that those were good things. I hope the mugs work well for you, they were a fun little project.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Those are awesome mugs.

dcdekfjebpfy.gif
    My package photos:
    The package I received:
    6hpzw1rns6k7.png

What a wonderful bounty inside:
    kivp9wdg1xsw.png

I am always willing to learn a new game! This one looks fun:
    91rb0nqg3evv.png

Puzzles are a thing me and my husband compete with, so hopefully I can figure this one out faster than him:
    jxbnucvuhhh1.png

Yay figures!!! I am always in need of more figures:
    ernvuuakaf8e.png

Taffy and tradition!!! Love it!!
    zmdr3kbbp5cv.png

OMG!! I seriously almost bought this game and was like maybe later because at the time I didn't have the budget!!!!
    237nwlb7h7g9.png

The whole shebang:
    mztpz5d03f87.png

I was told pet photos were needed, so here is a lot of photos of Mia with her new toy and just of her:
    t53x31rck8e6.png
    kaj8dmz2b6hp.png
    She was looking for her toy:
    yusp3qie6q8i.png
    She checked out her toy:
    xzdvzab4rlrf.png
    syhx4ht2n6rt.png

She was waiting as my husband was getting it off the package:
    6zqbplvowu0w.png

She held my gifts hostage until she got her toy:
    p05twdp2qose.png
    wy8hhadpphl0.png

She played with the toy all over the house as soon as I placed it down (without catnip lol)
    40co6pk500ey.png
    39wjqokbhoyd.png
    jwkvb4t9dniy.png

Then of course the best gift of all for her:
    s8n3yqx3gxtr.png
    suv9eo9mbh47.png

Thank you @see317!! Your thoughtfulness and lovely gifts are much appreciated!! Both me and Mia love our gifts and thank you so from both of us have a Meowy Crimbus and Happy Howlidays!! Awhoooo ho ho ho meow!!!

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    @Green So are you supposed to add land to the 40 cards that two Jumpstart packs would give you? Or do they include land in the packs? I have played a good bit of Magic, but this concept eludes me. It feels like they're trying to do something like Keyforge?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    @Green So are you supposed to add land to the 40 cards that two Jumpstart packs would give you? Or do they include land in the packs? I have played a good bit of Magic, but this concept eludes me. It feels like they're trying to do something like Keyforge?

The packs include lands so it's as streamlined as possible to just grab two and smash them together. It makes for pretty fun, quick games!

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    @MamaWolf , Glad you enjoyed the gifts and that they got there quicker than expected.
    Did the Frostmaiden boxes have anything good in them?

xasOsmv.gif]

I got another box on the porch and the Daisy started, well....see for yourselves:

Normally, she sniffs a box a few times then walks away. This was something new. What could be within?

gmb014rkyo2j.jpg
    jtuh5ogtfjww.jpg
    tsora211at3k.jpg
    pqst7mjcdh3d.jpg

Wow, a wild blueberry pie! Now the Daisy's reaction makes a lot more sense. Always thinking with her stomach.

Thank you so much @Auralynx!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Oh man, that look in her eyes.

shde7fu2o0x6.jpg

I'm fixin' to end this whole pie...

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    see317 wrote: »
    @MamaWolf , Glad you enjoyed the gifts and that they got there quicker than expected.
    Did the Frostmaiden boxes have anything good in them?

Yes! I got some wolf figures! I actually have had no luck getting wolf figures!!

Pictures of what was inside:
    rctd2ne6njor.png
    4bhb2tdgywo8.png
    zkh1qlohk4rt.png
    gr9lz8qktqta.png
    w043gppt8afa.png
    qcuzi5etb2on.png

Is anyone seeing the large black blocks in some photos uploaded to the forums? I don't know if that's a forum thing, a 3rd party thing, or a phone thing. Or perhaps...it's a me thing?!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Oh man, that look in her eyes.

shde7fu2o0x6.jpg

I'm fixin' to end this whole pie...

Thank @Kieri for that one. I dropped her a line to check about allergies and got enough pointers that pie seemed like a good bet. After that it just became a challenge to see if I could find a place that would ship you a credible-sounding pie. It is surprisingly hard to find somewhere that ships them, let alone some place on the other end of the country.

Let me know if that's good, though it looks like Daisy approves at least!

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Is anyone seeing the large black blocks in some photos uploaded to the forums? I don't know if that's a forum thing, a 3rd party thing, or a phone thing. Or perhaps...it's a me thing?!

If it's from me my photos for some reason have a black frame to it when I upload them and so it looks like a picture should be there when not.