As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SECRET SATANS 2020. PERFECT GIFTING!

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    My dark work is done.

Monday.

Beware.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    My dark work is done as well

though the man at the post office straight up told me that it would be very late =/

so I will probably purchase my giftee a bonus steam game on christmas day!

edit: DAMN IT!

I forgot to mention who the gifts were from!

every year!

Xaquin on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    stand by me chips got me thinking only one thing:

"you guys wanna eat a dead body??"

I also thought "A complete, and total, barf-o-rama."

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Is there a section in the book for rolling your own recipe? Or perhaps some sort of point buy system?

I got it as an early present myself, and there is not
    After you finish the Stand By Me chips, you find a dead body and have a great life changing moment with your friends.

Then get stabbed in the throat at a McDoanlds

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I tested the binos out this morning (when I opened things yesterday it was already night). They are very crisp. I live on top of a hill now so we have some pretty long views. With these I can spy on people all the way over in the next village.

They also don't have the faint purple outlining my old binos had (I think that's called chromatic aberration?) which I was so used to it didn't really register it any more, but it's very noticeable to not have it any more.

• OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    I'm not dead! (but this work week sure did make me feel like it)

To make up for my lateness, I submit this picture of one of my patients from yesterday who was a literal pocket puppy named Franklin <3
    QqdODK7.jpg?1

I received GIFTS from the dark lord this week which were definitely welcome rays of sunshine. My assistant helped me open them below!
    Engel inspects the first gift
    5L9vlg7.jpg?1

...and decided it need more uh, thorough inspection
    dYZBeim.jpg?1

He deems it safe!
    uPtKpUD.jpg?1

Why it's the ding-dang-doodily dark lord himself!
    KThHXH7.jpg?1

HGo5qb1.jpg?1

The second package arrives a few days later...

The assistant arrives to inspect it
    uFzO9kX.jpg?1

He's going in
    mx0sqWm.jpg?1

and out comes... Secret of Nimh and a coffin shaped butter dish to add to my spooky decor! (because in this house, Halloween is everyday)
    yOIPYAh.jpg?1

I'm super excited to start using that butter dish in my new apartment once my husband and I move out in a couple of months (our roommate is kind of klutzy so I'm gonna wait to put it out)

R1kPOuO.jpg?1

The notes are signed LWT who I think is @lwt1973 from G&T? Thank you so much!!

I do have sad news about the last gift though. As much as we've complained and left notices, the USPS in our neighborhood seems to think it's totally okay to keep leaving packages unsecured around our mailbox instead of leaving us a slip and taking it to the post office. There's a coded gate, but the gate is constantly left open and apparently also really easy to bypass so we have houseless folk rummaging in our recycling frequently. Some opportunist likely saw the package laying on the ground and took it before I could get to it :(

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    @Handkor, as imp for your fiendish patron, they seek knowledge.

Have additional delights reached you this morning?

If not, as the sun sets, a few more treasures may materialize.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    ovr1hlkzij2i.gif

Wow, I am blown away. I've been gone from PA for a couple years, and from gaming in general, and this is what happens when I come back? Satan is too generous:
    I should have known something was up when my cat came running to smell the package.
    tMfc0al.jpg

And when the others wanted to join in.
    vFxo0xl.jpg

The note inside explained why. This box contains treats! For humans, but my cats still wanted in on the action before I could get to the rest.
    IelxBSC.jpg

The rest was lovingly gift wrapped, but in my excitement (and so I could hide the treats before my cats ate them) I ripped off the wrapping before taking a picture.
    qdPeoWP.jpg

So that's Ghost of Tsushima (I've heard so much high praise), The Last of Us Part II (the first was so good, can't wait to see this one), Sekiro (I'm working through Demon's Soul's on PS5 so this is perfect to follow it with), and Man Eater (which looks equal parts awesome and hilarious.)

Truly, @Kadith, what an awesome set. You knew I'd totally missed out on the PS4 era, and from what I've heard this is exactly the group of games that will catch me up on all the good stuff I've missed. The only problem is, where do I even start?

Also, it's just between lunch and dinner, and even though my partner just finished baking a pie, I definitely ate one of your family recipe cookies. That. Was. Delicious!! I'm probably going to eat the rest before dinner if I don't get to playing these games. Thank you Kadith!

Just wow.

Icemopper on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    ovr1hlkzij2i.gif
    A mystewious box showed up! Ewevenses was bwiefly tewwified by the knocking, but quickwy went back to sweep.
    hypdr8fy01qm.jpg
    I woved this game in high school and cowwege and and wook fowwawd to pwaying the wemake.
    Thanks @mowiveth!

steam_sig.png
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Today, I mailed a package. One of yinz gonna get it.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Perrsun wrote: »
    Today, I mailed a package. One of yinz gonna get it.

a package from pittsburgh oh no!

initiatefailure on
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Very strong UwU energy in that post

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Sent my package today, should be there, hopefully, by the Eve of the day

• CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Round 2 sent off! WILL THERE BE A ROUND 3 WE WILL SEE BUT I MEAN PROBABLY.

Cristoval on
    GIFT GET DOT GIF

My Dear Satan has again opened correspondence with me via Imp services!
    Hi Cristoval
    With news of your second package being on its way, but possibly taking anywhere from 1-3 weeks, i thought i'd give you this in the mean time. Get yourself something nice from the eshop.
    I'd highly recommend Part-time ufo if you want a fun laid-pack physics puzzle game to play with a partner. But of course the choice is entirely up to you! I don't know what you're in to!

CODE REDACTED

I do enjoy both physics and puzzles, but I'm actually going to use this to finally get on that HADES train!

pcdootjwio5w.jpg

Thanks again, I'll think of you--whoever you are--while I'm doing whatever it is you do in HADES!

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I think you just do extremely sexy Greek gods in that game.

It won't download faster!

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Oh dang, I got gifted again! Crosspost from the G&T thread:
    ovr1hlkzij2i.gif

I've been struck with another gift by @Cameron_Talley ! I was totally not expecting anything else, but I checked my front porch as one does and I found another mysterious Amazon package! Holy cow!

A message about a buggy game. I have a feeling I know where this is going :D
    1RDj4CS.png

Indeed I was correct! It's a Cyberpunk 2077 art book and lore guide :D This is super cool! The art direction in Cyberpunk is definitely its best feature and I can't wait to dig down into the lore and history of the setting!
    xTbrf1w.png

It also came with some temporary tattoos, some postcards with some cool vehicle art on them, and a big ol' Johnny Silverhand poster! Those are some nifty extras :3
    NjIFRUf.png

And there it is! My Akira bike that I've spent like 90% of the game using to get around! Best bike in the game, it looks cool, and is just useful as hell for getting around in a jiffy.
    8HDI5IN.png?1

Anyway, thanks for this amazing gift! I'll probably spend an afternoon during the holidays just browsing this and the D&D recipe book and reading all those cool lore and tidbits and admiring the art :D

Thanks again! <3<3

Stabbity_Style.png
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    ovr1hlkzij2i.gif

A gift arrives!~
    oyt4hlvtr7qo.jpg

It's a box! Full of toys for Omen! ( My cat). Some treats, some toys, a fishing line type toy, it's all amazing!
    kqmk1fr2ukay.jpg

Omen present and accounted for inspection.
    e3z3e7d61n28.jpg

I'm not sure she wants me to know that she really likes it
    ekm0xj643ese.jpg

But she really likes it.

Thank you Santa/Satan! This is an amazing gift and I know Omen is going to get so much playtime out of them all <3<3

Psykoma on
  • HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    move to the G&T SS thread

Handkor on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    UPDATE

Stand by Me chips taste like fish. Not good fish.

Fish puffs taste like cheddar corn puffs?

Pudding jellies taste delicious and have something creamy inside.

Edit: Turtle puffs smell like death, but taste kinda like pork rinds?

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    BREAKING NEWS!!!

The package I thought had been stolen ended up actually being mis-delivered to a neighbor who gave it to me just now!! I was too excited to do any fancy set up for it but here's Engel being extremely excited for the treats I'm holding off camera while he poses with the raddest Switch bag I could ask for!
    CZWw0rt.jpg?1

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Good evening, Noggin! Your Santa has completed the stalking, and the shopping, and the stuffing, and the sending, and now a merry box of presents is wending its way towards you and yours!

This UPS tracking number will not go live until Monday, 21 December, but the package should arrive by Wednesday, 23 December, with a few days to spare before The Big Day! Your tracking number is:
    420NAUGHTYOR69NICE

I hope the last bit of time before Christmas is great for you and your family!
    Signed, Your Secret Santa

Noice, right as my break starts. Wait, just how much stalking did you do!?

Thank you, Secret Santa, and to you and yours as well!

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    Satan has once again graced my doorstep, this time with the gift of... deja vu.

Secret Satans thread circa 2016:
    I got a 12' HDMI cable in the mail today. Just what I always wanted (?)
    @Perrsun

mtOz8pWl.jpg

I believe I have identified my Satan, or else Best Buy is just a popular side gig for the Lord of the Underworld,

edited December 2020
    emhyhwS.gif
    Big ol' Gift Get(?) in here!
    A sizable box arrived. It made an odd sound when moved, and looked like it had been... chewed.

Little did I know the box had not been punctured from the outside... it was something inside trying to get out.
    4F1UG9kl.jpg

From beneath a mound of packing material arose a face...
    Kzr8yuil.jpg

An orb! of metal! It appears to be a ceremonial candle holder, whence the lights can come out of the openings!
    CG1mCWul.jpg

But that wasn't all... oh no...

Beneath even more packing material was another face!
    x5ObeEvl.jpg

A ferocious beast of orange and black, welded together by it's own ferocity!
    7OmWcWjl.jpg

An absolutely magnificent specimen to behold!
    SDVcHN6l.jpg

They're great, and they have already been placed in prominence where they can watch me work and protect me!
    lFnJJk2l.jpg?1

There didn't seem to be a note in the box to say who it was from, but I didn't order them myself... so unless I hear otherwise I'm gonna thank one of you!

Perrsun on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Hmm, the first of my gifts was delivered yesterday. Hopefully the person it was meant for got it!

Satan has once again graced my doorstep, this time with the gift of... deja vu.
    I believe I have identified my Satan, or else Best Buy is just a popular side gig for the Lord of the Underworld,

I will very cryptically refer you to my earlier post on this page, and also warn that there is 1 more thing coming from BBY (probably on Xmas eve).

I regretted not getting you anything purple despite living in MN where we've got Vikings and Prince and stuff (and the pandemic meant no window shopping/browsing for ideas and I had to limit my shopping to "stuff I can order, or stuff that is at a store I'm already at") so I got you something that can be purple :P

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    The unicorn is supposed to be a tree ornament, but it's probably a bit too weighty for that, in all honesty. You can do whatever the flip you want with it, though!

I mean, uh, purportedly. Not that I would know anything about The Dark Lord.

edited December 2020
    Chains (as I’ve seen them in this thread, haven't looked at G&T in about 80 posts. Cripes this post is getting unweildy.

?? > Tonkka
    ??> MNC Dover > DrZiplock
    Apparently not Bucketman? > Veldrin 2 3
    ?? > Quical 2
    ?? > Jaysonfour
    ?? > Moriveth > Tofystedeth
    ?? > Elin
    ?? > lwt1973 > Okami 2
    ?? > Mace1370
    ?? > Psykoma
    ? > Cristoval 2 3 > theoriginalz

Naphtali > Romanian My Escutcheon 2
    Goose! > Skeith
    Noggin > Zonugal > KoopahTroopah 2 > shdwcaster
    Tef > Cello
    Handkor > #pipe
    cooljammer00 > ArcSyn 2 3
    Rorshach Kringle > Elvenshae
    jclast > Cameron_Talley > Stabbity Style 2
    Tofystedth > Halfazedninja
    DiannaoChong > Poorochondriac
    See317 > Kyougu > Goose! 2
    Pinfeldorf > Perrsun > JimBobtheMonkey 2 3 4
    Ladybug2332 > Straightzi
    Brolo > Brovid Hasselsmof
    Kadith > Icemopper
    QuickSnap > ZeroCow 2

Perrsun on
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    santee/satanee i have done one thing already but uh... honestly didn't know it was the end of the year already. so second thing may be a little late because I've lost control of my life.

ovr1hlkzij2i.gif
    A mystewious box showed up! Ewevenses was bwiefly tewwified by the knocking, but quickwy went back to sweep.
    hypdr8fy01qm.jpg
    I woved this game in high school and cowwege and and wook fowwawd to pwaying the wemake.
    Thanks @mowiveth!

Oh man, I'm glad you got it! I didn't realize you'd tag me in that way.

There's... at least one more thing to come, but unfortunately that's currently scheduled for arrival in... early to mid January? I may send more too, depending on how my finances are.

Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    The unicorn is supposed to be a tree ornament, but it's probably a bit too weighty for that, in all honesty. You can do whatever the flip you want with it, though!

I mean, uh, purportedly. Not that I would know anything about The Dark Lord.

I’ll give it a shot, though if I try to use the candle function with my current tree I think the whole thing will go up.

And sure enough, the card arrived in the mail today. Thank you very much :)

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    oh no @perrsun i am not lost salient's satan

that was an unrelated present

i was elvenshae's!

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Checking tracking daily, and part one should arrive Wednesday.

Part 2 is on the way(?)

Part 3 is purchased soon and sent after Xmas.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Ladybug2332Ladybug2332 Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    y260d8p415fy.gif

I received delicious chocolate in the mail from a mysterious dark benefactor!

zghoco0po7hc.jpeg

With such exotic names I can’t wait to try them, I can’t say I have had anything like these before, and I adore chocolate so this is truly going to be a decadent sinful treat worthy of the name Secret Satans.

Thank you so much my mysterious Dark Chocolatier!

Ladybug2332 on
  • IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    I was gifted yesterday! I would have posted earlier, but Saturdays are usually my one day to just do as little as possible.

50735221536_429cd2a041_c.jpg
    Clues! I learned that Raum is associated with crows, but I don't know who that might be.

50735327622_b25260ddb8_c.jpg
    Awesome! My girlfriend was just as excited to see this as I was.

50734488623_f5730f72d1_c.jpg
    I found out about this book from here. It sounded very interesting and I plan on checking it out either on Christmas or my week off at New Years.

• N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    I have labels printed out and boxes packed AND I RAN OUT OF PACKING TAPE!

I promise, oh satanee, your boxes will be in the mail on Monday!

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    TEF

TEF!!!!!!!

I am gonna have to think of some REAL dumb shit to get with this $250 Best Buy gift card holy shit

Do they even have that many Coolio casingles????

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Haha, I saw you posting the other day about karaoke, so I checked online for how much a decent set would cost. Rather than use Amazon, or pay through the nose for shipping, I thought I’d leave it in your capable hands!

Buy whatever is going to help you through this hell year, but please post pics of whatever you buy!

There is something a bit more personal I’m putting together that I will ship from NZ. I should be on holidays from Wednesday, so that will give me some time to get things together.

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke