As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The newest action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I’m both sad but also kinda happy that MPs haven’t looked worth it for the last few years

Hound has been the most recent I was interested in, but the cost plus the qc issues that seemed fairly widespread was a nope for me

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I’m both sad but also kinda happy that MPs haven’t looked worth it for the last few years

Hound has been the most recent I was interested in, but the cost plus the qc issues that seemed fairly widespread was a nope for me

Yeah, Hound was my first disappointment with Takara/Hasbro. I'm still holding out hope on the rumored re-release for him since I want Hound in my collection. Sunstreaker was the most awesome MP I have purchased in a while. I liked the mold so much I got the Cordon version and pre-ordered Spinout.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    MP's becoming so expensive was nice as it pushed me away from MP's for anything but my most favorite characters: Octane, Wheeljack, Bumblebee, Cosmos, Soundwave + Cassettes.) Plus a few female characters for flavor: Road Rage, Arcee (Oversized knock-off) and Minerva once I pull the trigger on that BBTS order. My kingdom for an MP Windblade.

This lets me focus on my Generations collection, which has a wider variety of stuff, though I'm inching very close to having every character I want from G1. Beast Wars probably won't be too hard to complete either, given what already available for preorder, at which point I'm basically done.

I'm sure I'll keep finding excuses to give Hasbro money though.

EDIT: Give me a Nautica reissue, dammit!

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    It is always good to feel like you are done collecting. I'm guessing you mean a more accurate MP Windblade than the remake of the Minerva?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »
    It is always good to feel like you are done collecting. I'm guessing you mean a more accurate MP Windblade than the remake of the Minerva?

Yeah, one that actually turns into VTOL jet of some manufacture.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Finally seeing colored versions of the Rodimus Furai.

Looks hot.

kbs7drg3mkjh.jpg

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I wanted to get a Revoltech figure that's pretty old, to the point that even the reissue is sold out in most places. I check BBTS, which is my regular go-to for non-Transformers toys, and it's sold out there as well. Apparently, a lot of the Revoltechs have extremely high-quality, well-made KOs of them, which is good for folks who can't afford the (silly-expensive) regular Revoltechs and don't mind KOs; I want the original thing, so I'm wary of buying on eBay.

OK, fine, let's check HLJ. Hey, it's in stock! The price isn't bad, let's get it.

The day it ships, I check BBTS and lo, the figure is now back in stock there. Womp womp.

(It's actually fine, because BBTS takes like a week to ship out a purchase, and that's during non-holiday times; meanwhile, this figure went from Japan to Indiana to New Jersey within a single day, and is supposed to be delivered on Monday. Cost of figure + shipping was only like $5-$10 more than if I bought it from BBTS, too.)

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I’m gonna guess... Woody

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Oh, so close! Practically the same thing! It's Deadpool.

I was considering getting him when he came out 5 years ago, but then I watched some video reviews, saw those extremely obvious shoulder joints, and thought "Oh, yuck, this is terrible, who'd want this?" and skipped him. Fast forward to a few weeks ago when I saw that a Revoltech Cable is imminent, and thought "Ah damn, is it time to re-consider?" See, "Cable & Deadpool" is the comic that drew me into the world of weekly comic-book buying, which I've been doing ever since. I really loved it objectively, but it's also important to my origin story. It would be neat to have that couple, so I decided to revisit video reviews - and this time, had a completely different reaction. Yeah, the obvious joints and sculpt-breaking cuts definitely detract from the aesthetic, but the entire point of Revoltech (which they wear on their sleeve, and it's on me that I didn't really understand that previously) is high articulation and dynamic poseability. I've really started appreciating posing figures on the shelf, rather than just leaving them in a neutral A-stance, so this new understanding of Revoltech fit right in with the direction my interests have been going in. Also, watching videos of these toys has really made me appreciate that putting figures into interesting, dynamic, natural poses is a skill, and therefore something that can be developed. I'm really looking forward to fiddling with these guys.

• Options
    As a heads-up for anyone who might be interested, I just happened to see that the Combiner Wars Devastator is getting reissued. Pre-orders on Hasbro Pulse are sold out, but looks like they're still open on Amazon?

My understanding is that this guy's pretty well-regarded, so I thought I'd send up the Transformer-signal.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    It's not terrible but gotta mind the waist.

I also wasn't a fan of how the color translated to the style of plastic used, it looked rather...cheap? That being said, I didn't regret getting one.

• Options
    Mine has super loose joints, to the point where he can't even hold up his own gun unless I pose him just right, but that might just be mine. The individual constructicons are almost all missing critical arm articulation, and that's a problem with the toy itself.

• Options
    I actually bought the SDCC version long ago since I came late to the game so I have the same one but with shiny purple parts. I love him and he is on my shelf with the MPs for now.

I would have been seriously tempted if they sold the Takara version since it apparently has some more articulation in the separate bots plus each one has a gun.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    This is foggy memory time
    Did anyone ever make a super battle droid in 1/6 scale other than hasbro? I think hot toys was? As there is one in the preview images for the death watch trooper but it's not the hasbro one?

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Thank God I FINALLY have a job offer (though my start date won't be until January), and just in time, because there's an extremely limited edition doll I want. For once it's not Smart Doll, it's Volks, a company I've never bought a doll from. But they made a Lina Inverse figure:

3zodqrmpqnpo.jpg

and I have a huge soft spot for Slayers. Unfortunately I can't just buy this doll outright, they're doing a lottery. Which doesn't mean I get the doll for free if I win the lottery, understand, it means I can order the doll at full price and if I win the lottery I actually get to purchase the doll and receive it. If I lose the lottery I don't pay anything and don't receive the doll.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Thank God I FINALLY have a job offer (though my start date won't be until January), and just in time, because there's an extremely limited edition doll I want. For once it's not Smart Doll, it's Volks, a company I've never bought a doll from. But they made a Lina Inverse figure:

3zodqrmpqnpo.jpg

and I have a huge soft spot for Slayers. Unfortunately I can't just buy this doll outright, they're doing a lottery. Which doesn't mean I get the doll for free if I win the lottery, understand, it means I can order the doll at full price and if I win the lottery I actually get to purchase the doll and receive it. If I lose the lottery I don't pay anything and don't receive the doll.

Congrats on the job offer! Hopefully you get picked in the lottery and get to buy the doll.
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Did anyone ever make a super battle droid in 1/6 scale other than hasbro? I think hot toys was? As there is one in the preview images for the death watch trooper but it's not the hasbro one?

I have no idea since I haven't paid much attention to any Star Wars stuff bigger than their 3.75" line or more recently their 6" line.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I don't start work until second week of January, but my first check will be spent on this girl:

qvm6t9js4r4w.jpg

And that's just the start. I'll be making enough that a new doll a month won't be a stretch to our finances at all.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Brainleech wrote: »

I have no idea since I haven't paid much attention to any Star Wars stuff bigger than their 3.75" line or more recently their 6" line.

tdsrm7igo9v0.jpg
    a42dky74cpiz.jpg
    It has joints but I kind of stopped collecting the figures for a time for reasons. I think it's either a insert from one of the 6" as it has joints or they just took one of the digital models
    The reason why I am confused as someone was going to make one but I heard nothing but I really was not following the news that intently
    I think it's the retro packaged one? as it's both gray and has joints
    pqafdibdduol.jpg
    But the iffy look of the joints it could be a one off build as well?

Brainleech on
  • Options
    Looks like it could have been the 3.75" one, but the leg joint looks wrong. Maybe it is a CG then?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Gotta admit, even though I'm not a huge fan of Bayverse Jetfire, the 3rd party Jetfire based on the version in the comics where he turns into a WWI Battleship is kinda tempting (if, for no other reason, it's a transformer based on a naval vessel which is really rare for some reason).

https://news.tfw2005.com/2020/12/22/toyworld-tw-fs05-sky-burst-wwi-battleship-jetfire-color-prototype-426485

Blah, just discovered that I had missed out on another one that turned into a WW1 style tank.

• Options
    Volks' website is basically impenetrable to me, so I finally Googled to find out how much Lina Inverse costs (assuming I win the lottery to be able to buy her): https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/dd/special/slayers/dds_lina.html

She's 85k yen. Roughly $815 American dollars.

They're also selling a sword letter opener based on a sword from the manga, which I didn't read because it didn't get much of a translation in the USA, but still, looks cool?

https://hobby.ec.volks.co.jp/item/4518992230184.html

Maybe not 40 bucks cool, but still pretty cool!

• Options
    Nobody wrote: »
    Gotta admit, even though I'm not a huge fan of Bayverse Jetfire, the 3rd party Jetfire based on the version in the comics where he turns into a WWI Battleship is kinda tempting (if, for no other reason, it's a transformer based on a naval vessel which is really rare for some reason).

https://news.tfw2005.com/2020/12/22/toyworld-tw-fs05-sky-burst-wwi-battleship-jetfire-color-prototype-426485

Blah, just discovered that I had missed out on another one that turned into a WW1 style tank.
    You talkin' 'bout that ToyWorld Bulldog? It's still available at RoboToyBase:
    https://robotoybase.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=153_187&product_id=5080
    Just keep in mind that shipping costs from there to the U.S. are murder (I think it's based out of Hong Kong, and my understanding is that the shipping's much more reasonable to Asia).

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wAxy-__K24

Man, now I'm super bummed I don't like the way her chest looks, because everything else (besides the curvy waist) on her is incredible.

• Options
    I entered the Lina Inverse lottery. I won't know if I won and can purchase her until Jan 22.

• Options
    Cambiata wrote: »
    I entered the Lina Inverse lottery. I won't know if I won and can purchase her until Jan 22.

Good luck! Hope you land one.

On a Transformers note. Any PA member looking for a Walmart Netflix Soundwave? I bought one for a fellow PA member who managed to find his own so I have an extra. I'm going to sell it at cost (plus shipping to you) so let me know if you want it. This is the one that actually transforms into a tape deck and has a special version of Ravage and Lazerbeak included.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I bought one from a scalper like a week ago because I really wanted it. But thanks for the offer!

• Options
    Heffling wrote: »
    I bought one from a scalper like a week ago because I really wanted it. But thanks for the offer!

Aw dang, that sucks!

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    @Nobody Were you looking for a Netflix Soundwave? I was looking and thought you were looking for one as well.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Sorry, wasn’t me

• Options
    Sorry, wasn’t me

Ok, just covering all the people I could think. Guess I'll find out if someone near me wants it before I return it.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Sorry, wasn’t me
    Ok, just covering all the people I could think. Guess I'll find out if someone near me wants it before I return it.

@Betsuni , I'm interested in Soundwave but haven't seen any in the wild. Any estimate on shipping to Colorado?

In a similar vein, @Undead Scottsman , did you ever get any news on Elita-1?
    I saw a few pre-holiday forum and snagged one. But then I realized I wasn't sure if it was the right version that was being sought. Is it the War for Cybertron version you were looking for? If so, let me know if you're interested if not I will add it to my collection of robots that turn into other things.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    see317 wrote: »
    Sorry, wasn’t me

Betsuni , I'm interested in Soundwave but haven't seen any in the wild. Any estimate on shipping to Colorado?

In a similar vein, "Undead Scottsman" , did you ever get any news on Elita-1?
    I saw a few pre-holiday forum and snagged one. But then I realized I wasn't sure if it was the right version that was being sought. Is it the War for Cybertron version you were looking for? If so, let me know if you're interested if not I will add it to my collection of robots that turn into other things.

Sure, send me a PM with a zip code and I'll figure out an estimate.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Still delayed.
    see317 wrote: »
    Sorry, wasn’t me

@Betsuni , I'm interested in Soundwave but haven't seen any in the wild. Any estimate on shipping to Colorado?

In a similar vein, @Undead Scottsman , did you ever get any news on Elita-1?

Still delayed. I'm good though, if it gets canceled I still have the PotP Elita. (I think Netflix Elita is the best use of the ER Arcee design, but it's still not a great design.)

Also I busted my Netflix Bumblebee like two days after I got him in the mail :(

Luckily it's just his stupid huge cannon that broke off a peg. It was one of two pegs, used exclusively in the ski-car mode I'll rarely touch, and Bee will be given the gun from the Centurion Drone set, so this is like the best possible version of a bad thing.

The tooth I chipped because I was angry at the Earthrise cartoon, on the other hand.

• Options
    Gigawatt was delivered today. As with Ectotron, I'm torn between opening him up to play with him or displaying inbox.

Also trying to decide if I want to get Maverick.

• Options
    These Target exclusive GI Joes are a gd nightmare to get

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular

Target seems pretty ass for stuff like this in general. It's impressive how bad the site/app for Target and Walmart are.

• Options

Target seems pretty ass for stuff like this in general. It's impressive how bad the site/app for Target and Walmart are.

The bad thing about Target is the amount of stock they seem to get is abysmal. Online orders instantly sell out, in store they get like 5 and collectors and/or scalpers are at the door waiting for them to open to scoop them all up. I think their app/site is ok though. I have notifications from the app and have been able to snag stuff when it popped up. And at least when I do get an order in, I get the item, rarely with a delay.

Walmart is just straight garbage. I’ve preordered stuff from their site, it gets pushed back 5 times, meanwhile it’s already shown up in stores and sold out, then they finally cancel the order. This is pretty regular practice. I hate Walmart.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    I've only ordered one thing through Wal-mart, my G1 reissue Astrotrain which luckily didn't have any issues.

Target is weird in that their pre-orders keep pinging the card used for the order, but at least they usually get it to me.

Amazon is such a crapshoot. If you can't pre-order, the odds of you getting it are so damn bad you may as well write it off.

BBTS and Hasbro Pulse have both generally been good for pre-orders though.

• Options
    I'm about 70%ish lucky with Walmart. Early on with the Transformers minibots I had so many cancelled orders of them. Then the only other cancellations I have had since then were the G1 reissue of Blaster (hopefully I'll get one of him one of these days) and now a really cheap Snapdragon ($18 error). Otherwise I had most of my pre-orders go through just fine (so far *knocks on wood*). OH I did read for a while people were getting the wrong thing delivered (ordered a Transformer and got bath oils) and now shipping in plastic bags.

Target sucks with their pinging the CC rule. If one ping doesn't work they cancel your pre-order, no allowing you to change the card. Then I've had a Thrust/Runabout order cancelled for no reason, a Trailblazer cancelled (oddly they left the Sunstreaker on it), and a Gigawatt order. Other than that I've been somewhat lucky with them.

Amazon I've been lucky and only had an issue with Amazon Japan. I've read so many horror stories though about their exclusive Transformers and other items that makes me shake my head.

Yeah, only one cancellation I've read with HasbroPulse which was a cassette pack that they lost part of the shipment at sea. They did give a refund and credit to those who lost their orders. Other than that, they and BBTS have been solid.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    @Betsuni My Walmart has had Blaster. Want me to check when we go get groceries this weekend?