As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - M

13»

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Eh I think the thing they are lampooning is someone acting like their individual experience with a product not having problems means everyone complaining about a product isn't having problems or that their problems aren't valid. Like that's what makes them a useless motherfucker, not for liking or disliking a game, but for acting like the issues are some how the fault of others for buying it on the wrong platform.

Ok, fair.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Yeah I think telling folks who are saying "It runs like ass on my console" that it's fine on pc is a bit wank. Plus the added wank of the "hurr durr pc master race, console plebes" responses probably doesn't engender a lot of warm fuzziest.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I mean Sony delisted the game from sale on their online store. That is pretty unprecedented.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SolaceInRageSolaceInRage Registered User regular
    I mean yeah, it is going to run a lot better on a pc running current hardware than a console limping along on 7 year old components. There is only so much you can do to try to have a comparable experience on consoles and pc, but capping pc at what the current consoles can deliver is not the way, and never has been. That should have been crossed off the "Shite to try" list after Watch Dogs, but no, in this, the year of our lord 2020, we still have to dig in files and invoke the elder magic of allocating cpu and gpu memory pool to get the experience that our machines are capable of.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I've got one of those good computers and it still doesn't run great. So many glitches. Having a good PC isn't going to magically solve the problems that the game has that are just plain ol' bugs. Characters randomly striking T-Poses, missions that have to be reloaded from checkpoints because mission-critical keycards don't drop, missions that have to be reloaded because NPCs fall through the floor or go into walls/world geometry and become unkillable, enemies that teleport right on top of you because the pathing algorithm in the AI is so terrible that sometimes a teleport is the only way the NPC can find to get to you. The list of bugs is long. And having a PC with appropriate hardware specs isn't going to solve those problems.

We're all in this together, no matter what system you play on. And that's what makes the Useless Motherfuckers even worse. Because it's hypocritical.

• Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    Let's see what the tops stories are on the NY Times right now: Stimulus deal. Covid deaths. Covid vaccine. Russian hack. Biden's Cabinet. Cyberpunk 2077 is a mess.

So I guess when things are bad enough that the NY Times is covering you right below news about the entire US Government being hacked by Russia, it's a bit rough.

• Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Let's see what the tops stories are on the NY Times right now: Stimulus deal. Covid deaths. Covid vaccine. Russian hack. Biden's Cabinet. Cyberpunk 2077 is a mess.

So I guess when things are bad enough that the NY Times is covering you right below news about the entire US Government being hacked by Russia, it's a bit rough.

That's because it's all related; the Russian hack was actually a virus that infected Cyberpunk and riddled it with bugs.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Djiem wrote: »
    ironzerg wrote: »

That's because it's all related; the Russian hack was actually a virus that infected Cyberpunk and riddled it with bugs.

Or Cyberpunk IS the state-sponsored attack that we're paying money to infect our own machines wiTH.. AND THE Introduction sends a SECRET SOUND PULSE to the nanomachines within the COVID vaccine which activate to MIND CONTROL US. Wake up sheeple!

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Anyone complaining any the 7 year old hardware needs to play Ghost of tsushima or the last of us 2. They are both gorgeous games with motion capture that is unrivaled. The game runs like ass because it is poorly optimized and rushed, not because the systems are incapable of doing what they are asking.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    PeelingPeeling Mr UKRegistered User regular
    "Anyone complaining any the 7 year old hardware needs to play Ghost of tsushima or the last of us 2."

Both of which were designed and optimised from day 1 to run on a single platform.

I get the frustration and disappointment. I think, though, that had this been a Crysis-style PC exclusive, nobody would have batted an eye. I've been driving around for the last four days on my 6-year-old laptop via GeForce NOW, with all the RTX bells and whistles on, and I frequently find myself disbelieving that such a marvel is possible *at all*.

Davenport is an app designed to help writers plot and plan their creative works. Download the alpha here!
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Personally I think the core point keeps getting missed here. It's not that it's a mess on these consoles, it's how hard they tried to hide the fact that it was and they bloody well knew they were nowhere near releasable in their current state. That's the genuinely scummy part.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.