As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Football/Soccer] Thread about kickin' balls

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    90ejidsvlx6x.jpeg

I would like to return to the old days of players kicking the absolute shit out of eachother.

• PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    SKOT MEK TOMINAJ

Shot MakeTwoManYay

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Did anybody ask JoMo if the best team lost today?

Santa Claustrophobia on
    this fucking game

Poor Leeds keeper.

Pellaeon wrote: »
    Poor Leeds keeper.

To be fair to him, he did really well

It’s just no one faces like 25+ shots inc a penalty without letting in goals

Poor Leeds keeper.

Oh for sure, it was the having to face 25+ shots that made me feel for him. After a while it's like wtf are the rest of you doing?

Poor Leeds keeper.

Oh for sure, it was the having to face 25+ shots that made me feel for him. After a while it's like wtf are the rest of you doing?

Bielsa's master plan

his adherence to philosophy over pragmatism might be an, uh, issue sometimes

Poor Leeds keeper.

Bielsa's master plan

his adherence to philosophy over pragmatism might be an, uh, issue sometimes

i expected nothing less

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Got to see some live football which was fucken rad. They've really gotta sort out how they let people in though. Changed allocation of entry gates to different sections of the stadium on top off gates letting people in slower to avoid crowding etc meant entry times for a couple sections of the ground got insane.

Other than that it was really good. Everybody followed all the rules and it was really good to watch my first football since March last year. Hope I get to go to plenty more but you never know. Significant enough vaccination levels will take til well after season finishes. So at any point an outbreak here could mean no crowds here, or an outbreak in another state could mean teams aren't allowed to travel here.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

Another liverpool stinker. Nearly 3 full games since they last scored. Heaps of possession and nothing to show for it.

Ugh

thank you danny ings very cool

It was a tremendous finish, no doubt.

Couldn't buy a tap in the other way (or even create one), but simply stellar from Ings.

It was a tremendous finish, no doubt.

Couldn't buy a tap in the other way (or even create one), but simply stellar from Ings.

Tella's chance was almost amazingly taken as well

• Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Klopp trying to play mind games ahead of the United game by complaining about the number of penalties we got last season. Hope we win off a dodgy penalty in the 95th minute.

Klopp trying to play mind games ahead of the United game by complaining about the number of penalties we got last season. Hope we win off a dodgy penalty in the 95th minute.

To be fair, I hoped this before I heard about Klopp complaining.

I am not confident in United having the consistency to win the league but it would be nice to go top of the table after so long, even if for a few days.

I don't think any team is going to come close to the consistency we've seen out of City/Liverpool the last two years for a long time. You can see the effect that not having a Summer break is having on the players come January and it's only going to get worse with the Euros/Copa America/AFCON happening this Summer and rolling straight into the WC next Winter

assuming United wins the next two games and form stays consistent, we'd be on course for the second lowest points tally winning the league in the PL era

Yeah, I'm hoping the 95-point title winning campaigns are an anomaly rather than the norm going forward, even when things normalise however many years from now. Historically, 85 points have been enough to win a season. If we can maintain our current form, and not have dips like the beginning of the season, I could see us getting to 85.

i know they'll probably win in the end but liverpool with six of their stongest players going into half time 1-1 against aston villa's u15s is very funny

i know they'll probably win in the end but liverpool with six of their stongest players going into half time 1-1 against aston villa's u15s is very funny

"They" being the villa elementary school kids?

Liverpool is very talented garbage right now.

"They" being the villa elementary school kids?

Liverpool is very talented garbage right now.
    nah, liverpool's bench is too stacked to not get a result tonight

i'm surprised thiago didn't start tonight, seemed like he could have used the minutes

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I mean, they should roll over em yeah, but should have more than one goal out of the last 3 matches as well.

I have no idea what the fuck they are on about on their recent form, so I'm just going to assume they'll continue to lay stinkers until they don't.

goals like that make me mad at the lack of fans in the stadium

i should end up about six rows down from where i started after a goal like that

• ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular

Do you feel that if it was the Liverpool team isolating the FA would reconsider the fixture? It just seems strange that in the one tournament that naturally has replays and re-fixtures they refused when an entire first team has to isolate

Ziggymon wrote: »

Do you feel that if it was the Liverpool team isolating the FA would reconsider the fixture? It just seems strange that in the one tournament that naturally has replays and re-fixtures they refused when an entire first team has to isolate

Liverpool ran out their own yutes last season when the first team had to be in the club world cup 24 hours later. The FA wouldn't move that one either.

I don't think they'd care. Honestly I don't think Liverpool would care that much either.

• ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    Ziggymon wrote: »

Liverpool ran out their own yutes last season when the first team had to be in the club world cup 24 hours later. The FA wouldn't move that one either.

I don't think they'd care. Honestly I don't think Liverpool would care that much either.

Just seems annoying that Manchester City can have a couple of cases and the premier league tie is off

The premier league is it's own bullshit, but they also postponed Newcastle/villa earlier this season and two fulham matches since the City one. I'm sure they'll enjoy trying to cram more and matches at the end of an already congested season as time goes on.

Carabo cup made Tottenham's opponent forfeit earlier.

FA cup went with this plan.

Everyone's making up their own rules, what could possibly go wrong?!

If we’re being realistic here, Villa are in contention for Europa League spots and have the advantage of not playing European games this year. I’d say they’re actually probably a bit relived to not have that fixture congestion later on in the season, be it rescheduled matches or getting further in the cup.

well if this ain’t some wholesome shit

Outside of the 3 goal burst in the second half they really held their own. I was only able to catch the highlights because fuck espn+, but Liverpool understandably didn't seem to celebrate too much after their goals and I hope they gave the lads some serious respect after because they played their hearts out.

Outside of the 3 goal burst in the second half they really held their own. I was only able to catch the highlights because fuck espn+, but Liverpool understandably didn't seem to celebrate too much after their goals and I hope they gave the lads some serious respect after because they played their hearts out.

Be that as it may, reading the stats in the video Tav shared above, the numbers were hilariously lopsided. 83% possession for Liverpool, 29 attempts versus 2, 13 on target versus 1, 689 passes versus 53.

• oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    I’m officially in the Tierney fan club... I think he may very well be Arsenal’s most dangerous player.

Common sense prevails and Van De Beek starts for United finally

This discussion has been closed.