As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santa 2020! The elf is now off the shelf...

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    ovr1hlkzij2i.gif

I've been struck with another gift by @Cameron_Talley ! I was totally not expecting anything else, but I checked my front porch as one does and I found another mysterious Amazon package! Holy cow!

A message about a buggy game. I have a feeling I know where this is going :D
    1RDj4CS.png

Indeed I was correct! It's a Cyberpunk 2077 art book and lore guide :D This is super cool! The art direction in Cyberpunk is definitely its best feature and I can't wait to dig down into the lore and history of the setting!
    xTbrf1w.png

It also came with some temporary tattoos, some postcards with some cool vehicle art on them, and a big ol' Johnny Silverhand poster! Those are some nifty extras :3
    NjIFRUf.png

And there it is! My Akira bike that I've spent like 90% of the game using to get around! Best bike in the game, it looks cool, and is just useful as hell for getting around in a jiffy.
    8HDI5IN.png?1

Anyway, thanks for this amazing gift! I'll probably spend an afternoon during the holidays just browsing this and the D&D recipe book and reading all those cool lore and tidbits and admiring the art :D

Thanks again! <3<3

Stabbity_Style.png
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Cross posting from SE!
    Psykoma wrote: »
    ovr1hlkzij2i.gif

A gift arrives!~
    oyt4hlvtr7qo.jpg

It's a box! Full of toys for Omen! ( My cat). Some treats, some toys, a fishing line type toy, it's all amazing!
    kqmk1fr2ukay.jpg

Omen present and accounted for inspection.
    e3z3e7d61n28.jpg

I'm not sure she wants me to know that she really likes it
    ekm0xj643ese.jpg

But she really likes it.

Thank you Santa/Satan! This is an amazing gift and I know Omen is going to get so much playtime out of them all <3<3

Thank you!

Psykoma on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    UPDATE

Stand by Me chips taste like fish. Not good fish.

Fish puffs taste like cheddar corn puffs?

Pudding jellies taste delicious and have something creamy inside.

Edit: Turtle puffs smell like death, but taste kinda like pork rinds?

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    also cross posting from SE++ thread
    Zonugal wrote: »
    @Handkor, as imp for your fiendish patron, they seek knowledge.

Have additional delights reached you this morning?

If not, as the sun sets, a few more treasures may materialize.

I have one parcel to pick up at the post office, there was a post office slip in my mailbox, I went tonight but they had closed early due to covid, I was 2 minutes too late. I should have everything tomorrow.

• OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    BREAKING NEWS!!!

The package I thought had been stolen ended up actually being mis-delivered to a neighbor who gave it to me just now!! I was too excited to do any fancy set up for it but here's Engel being extremely excited for the treats I'm holding off camera while he poses with the raddest Switch bag I could ask for!
    CZWw0rt.jpg?1

Okami wrote: »
    BREAKING NEWS!!!

The package I thought had been stolen ended up actually being mis-delivered to a neighbor who gave it to me just now!! I was too excited to do any fancy set up for it but here's Engel being extremely excited for the treats I'm holding off camera while he poses with the raddest Switch bag I could ask for!
    CZWw0rt.jpg?1

Oh that is classy!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular

ArcSyn wrote: »
    Okami wrote: »
    BREAKING NEWS!!!

CZWw0rt.jpg?1

Oh that is classy!

Hooray! I’m glad it wasn’t taken. I saw that on your list and thought it looked oh so great so I had to get it. Have fun being the envy of all when you bring your Switch places.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    @Stabbity Style glad you got the presents! Amazon tells me there should be one more small gift coming your way tomorrow or the day after so be on the lookout for that!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    @Stabbity Style glad you got the presents! Amazon tells me there should be one more small gift coming your way tomorrow or the day after so be on the lookout for that!

Oh man, awesome! Can't wait! I'll probably end up making that stew either this weekend or early next week, too, so I'll post some pics of that whenever I get to it :D

Thanks again for the gifts! They've been super awesome!

Stabbity_Style.png
  • NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Crossposted for chaos:
    Good evening, Noggin! Your Santa has completed the stalking, and the shopping, and the stuffing, and the sending, and now a merry box of presents is wending its way towards you and yours!

This UPS tracking number will not go live until Monday, 21 December, but the package should arrive by Wednesday, 23 December, with a few days to spare before The Big Day! Your tracking number is:
    420NAUGHTYOR69NICE

I hope the last bit of time before Christmas is great for you and your family!
    Signed, Your Secret Santa

Noice, right as my break starts. Wait, just how much stalking did you do!?

Thank you, Secret Santa, and to you and yours as well!

Battletag: Noggin#1936
    ovr1hlkzij2i.gif

I think I've got everything now, my santa went the extra kilometer sending me a daily gift. which was almost the only thing getting me out of bed everyday after being really sick all week trying to avoid this kill screen
    3gfw1c6if6kv.jpg

First gift that came in was the card game Coup which looks quite interesting. Our province has finally announced the holiday covid restrictions which now allows a family member living alone to join our family bubble so I will get a chance to play it against my wife and sister-in-law over the holidays.
    bj7m5zprjl2a.jpg

Next is a gift that, as long as I can keep the kids hands away from dissolving it into the giant lego bin, will live among the figurine and lego display shelf. Batman's minifig will be quite happy surrounded by the birds of prey beanbags.
    o8nsgn3ye9zp.jpg

The following days I then received two bottles of hot sauce. In recent years I've taken a liking to delicious hot sauces varying from mild all the way to ghost and scorpion peppers but I've always preferred flavor over heat and these two are these nice mix of fruits and vegetable and not some vinegary capsaicin extraction. The Bengal Burn reminds me of a really good dessert blueberry hotsauce that was great on ice cream.
    ay1ktghv3ob1.jpg

Yesterday I received a bluray for a movie that had managed to escape from me this whole year. I was planning to go see it alone but then my wife also wanted to come and had to delay a couple of weeks, then 2020 happened and everything shutdown meaning I had missed my opportunity for a theatrical viewing. Getting this movie is perfect since I really want to see it and I haven't had the chance yet, thank you.
    0s2xoaja42tk.jpg

And finally, freshly picked up from the post office is a pair of fancy bitters. I don't drink but it is not hard to make a virgin cocktail with these and I like trying new flavors. Also my in-laws are Irish so they will definitely be enjoyed.
    pz1v2ir80trw.jpg

And here is a picture of the whole lot in front of the fireplace.
    90hast02jarj.jpg

Thank you very much Santa, who I only know your real name unless I missed the hint on one of the cards or gift messages. I'm sorry that I took so long to write this post.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    santee/satanee i have done one thing already but uh... honestly didn't know it was the end of the year already. so second thing may be a little late because I've lost control of my life.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Proxy has delivered unto me a link to a puzzle.
    A puzzle claiming to be a nonogram, which seems like a nonsense word for some kind of build your own crossword puzzle.
    A quick bit of research showed me that I am wrong, and helped me figure out the rules to this, an hour of clicking boxes to fill in black squares leaves me a QR code, a moderate headache, and a warning to "Watch your step!".

Not ominous at all.

Scanning the code revealed a tracking number, that when plugged into Google says it's enroute via USPS.

Not sure if it was from G&T or SE++, but I'm guessing since it was Proxy'd to me, it was here.

Turns out, the puzzle was from ArcSyn for the Critical Failures Secret Santa.
    So, I posted here, but more posts.
    see317 wrote: »
    I am pretty sure I have been gifted by my CF Secret Santa (as the tracking number I got from Proxy is still in transit, and I'm pretty sure that's the G&T/SE++ Secret Santa). Two packages were laid at my door when I headed out to check my mail.

First step, of course, break out the Christmas Tribble and the bomb detecting gecko to be sure both packages that arrived at my door are safe.
    Seeing as how neither exploded, I am assuming we are bomb free this year, yet again.
    5bnb7rywqlxy.jpg

Opening the first revealed eight and a half pounds of ham. Now thawing slowly in my fridge.
    uvumqpf2ht4h.jpg
    This wasn't from my Santa, but from my employer. In lieu of any kind of seasonal get together, they sent us ham.
    How much ham can a single person eat over the holidays? I'm about to find out.

The second box contained a set of Warlock Dungeon tiles.
    13ne04g1o6sf.jpg
    These look fun, and I look forward to the day when I'm able use them while rolling oddly shaped dice in person with my friends as opposed to rolling virtual oddly shaped dice with online friends.

No notes included, so my benefactor remains a mystery.
    A generous, kindly mystery.

• Ladybug2332Ladybug2332 Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Crosspost from SE++

y260d8p415fy.gif

I received delicious chocolate in the mail from a mysterious dark benefactor!

zghoco0po7hc.jpeg

With such exotic names I can’t wait to try them, I can’t say I have had anything like these before, and I adore chocolate so this is truly going to be a decadent sinful treat worthy of the name Secret Satans.

Thank you so much my mysterious Dark Chocolatier!

Ladybug2332 on
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    Handkor wrote: »
    ovr1hlkzij2i.gif

I think I've got everything now, my santa went the extra kilometer sending me a daily gift. which was almost the only thing getting me out of bed everyday after being really sick all week trying to avoid this kill screen
    3gfw1c6if6kv.jpg

First gift that came in was the card game Coup which looks quite interesting. Our province has finally announced the holiday covid restrictions which now allows a family member living alone to join our family bubble so I will get a chance to play it against my wife and sister-in-law over the holidays.
    bj7m5zprjl2a.jpg

Next is a gift that, as long as I can keep the kids hands away from dissolving it into the giant lego bin, will live among the figurine and lego display shelf. Batman's minifig will be quite happy surrounded by the birds of prey beanbags.
    o8nsgn3ye9zp.jpg

The following days I then received two bottles of hot sauce. In recent years I've taken a liking to delicious hot sauces varying from mild all the way to ghost and scorpion peppers but I've always preferred flavor over heat and these two are these nice mix of fruits and vegetable and not some vinegary capsaicin extraction. The Bengal Burn reminds me of a really good dessert blueberry hotsauce that was great on ice cream.
    ay1ktghv3ob1.jpg

Yesterday I received a bluray for a movie that had managed to escape from me this whole year. I was planning to go see it alone but then my wife also wanted to come and had to delay a couple of weeks, then 2020 happened and everything shutdown meaning I had missed my opportunity for a theatrical viewing. Getting this movie is perfect since I really want to see it and I haven't had the chance yet, thank you.
    0s2xoaja42tk.jpg

And finally, freshly picked up from the post office is a pair of fancy bitters. I don't drink but it is not hard to make a virgin cocktail with these and I like trying new flavors. Also my in-laws are Irish so they will definitely be enjoyed.
    pz1v2ir80trw.jpg

90hast02jarj.jpg

Thank you very much Santa, who I only know your real name unless I missed the hint on one of the cards or gift messages. I'm sorry that I took so long to write this post.

@Handkor there should be one more gift! Check your e-mail. :)

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    santa, still owe you that gift get post. I'll do it today. I promise.

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I thought something came today and started taking photos of the box, but then it turned out to be the smoke alarms the company sent as replacements for the faulty ones we needed replaced.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Santee, your gift should be arriving tomorrow.

Steam: offday
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    So after some research I was able to determine that the gifts I received are not from my G&T/SE++ Secret Santa. Back to watching the skies for me!

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    Gift get part 3?!

No picture yet as everything is in boxes but another gift has arrived, I'm assuming, from my secret santa.

Thank you so much for everyday scenes from a parallel world. An anime art book I've been wanting for ages!

I believe there is one more thing coming?! Apparently?! I am being very spoiled.

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
    Sorry @handkor, can you verify if you got the forward from me/if the link worked?

Thanks!

Steam
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I owe a picture, but thank you for the GPS and Mountain Goats board games, Santa! The kids and I are very excited to try them out!

camo_sig2.png
    Got a message that I ought to be checking my email- but nothing there as of yet (though my provider's always been kind of really super fickle about how long it takes for certain senders to have their messages go through).

Santa, if you want to try to send it again, you're welcome to, or I've provided an alternative email to use just in case (I can pass it along to any Christmas elf or imp for a speedy delivery).

Still hammering my refresh button just in case, though

steam_sig.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Something came today and this time it's not replacement smoke alarms. It's a teaser gift.
    fYVxDmp.jpg
    OCWoI6L.jpg
    M4dd6H5.jpg

Santa making me shiver with antici

edit: I've vaguely heard about Iain M Banks, but I've never read his stuff. Looking forward to this when I have some down time.

Santa also sent a helpful Imp my way this weekend to ask about my love of baseball.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    anoffday wrote: »
    Santee, your gift should be arriving tomorrow.

It did! Thank you! My post is forthcoming. Two of the 6 beasts in the house participated in the opening, so there will be inquisitive animals... soon. And gaming will commence after lunch!

e: Also, Santee. My shipment from Korea will be arriving on Wednesday, so I will be able to ship your gifts out then. I didn't expect 50 days for my stuff to arrive from my previous residence, but here we are. Your patience will be rewarded.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    @cooljammer00

I bounced off of Player of Games really hard the first time I tried to read it. I think I just, uh, hated the main character too much?

I came back to it a little bit later and powered through the opening and it gets amazing really quickly after that.

( I read Consider Phlebas first, and liked that one from the get-go, and I guess most people like PoG much better than Phlebas so maybe I'm just weird?)

Elvenshae on
  • DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    I screwed this whole thing up, so I'm starting over
    >

ovr1hlkzij2i.gif

A box arrived. My cohorts Bast and Nyx investigate and eventually give their approval. Scylla makes a surprise appearance wearing her Naughty/Nice bandanna.

Dp9oSRM.jpeg

It's a bag, in a box! Eddie Vedder eat your heart out.

C8wQERw.jpeg

Why thank you, I do enjoy board games!

lf2wXPR.jpeg

A board game?? I did not see that coming.

owdeqpD.jpeg

Anoffday got me Mice and Mystics, a board game which I played last night with my boys. Thanks @anoffday!

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
    edited January 2021
    ovr1hlkzij2i.gif

And so it begins!

Yeah, I know, it's kind of cheesy. But what do you expect from a guy who has a tendency to over-indulge in cheezburgers and a penchant for stupid cat jokes?

Anyways, I'm digressing.

Like I mentioned earlier, I was busy banging around on making a gift get post for another subforum, when all of a sudden, well... I got a message from Santa- or rather, a message through one of his top elves, Radiation. It made note to watch for a few boxes that would be coming through the last part of this year and the first one of the next. Now, I love boxes- and so do the furry partners in crime of mine who seem to be everywhere an empty open box is! (I'm serious, there are a few strewn around the house right now, and they seem to get slept in almost daily...)

Wait- what's this? Also... a warning to keep a look at my given email, for the first portion of this, which I deem as "A Very Kitteh Christmas" for no other reason than it makes me chuckle, for the first surprise would be landing there before long. (Yes, I'm overdoing it a bit. But after this year, and especially these last few weeks, a spontaneous explosion of stupid joy wouldn't be the worst thing in the whole world, would it? Besides, if I went any more doom and gloom or anxious, I think the mods were going to have me covered in silly string until I cheered up or something.)

So... I waited. And waited. And kept hammering the refresh button over, and over, and over again (between this and the election threads I think I'm about due to have it overhauled). But still no sign of it had showed up.

Now, surprisingly, this is not the first time this has happened; the email given was an old one I've had for over a decade and a half, and from time to time, there are certain providers and companies that it apparently just doesn't like, and emails from them just seem to go poof off into the aether. I've sent off a mail to them making my displeasure known about that- sorry, Santa.

...but then... another message borne by elves!

A strange code, as well as instructions to take it to that most wonderful of places, the Flix of Nets!

So, off we journeyed across the World Wide Web, with only minimum stops (to catch the latest episode of Simon's Cat, double-check a few things, and send in a food order for tomorrow- and yes, more passive-aggressive sniping at my email company for being a bunch of humbugs), we reached our destination.

With the help of She Who Knows The Passphrase, we ventured into the labyrinth and worked our way through, until we reached a small console, ready to accept whatever dark magic we had to work on it.

So with much doublechecking, we hammered in the code, and hit the big red button, and it worked... and worked...

And with a glorious explosion of understated celebration, we were informed that said code was...

....drumroll goes here...

l8p148o4s9pa.jpg

...a $100 giftcard to Netflix!

This is an awesome gift, Santa! Between the four of us in this house, our Netflix account goes through a lot of paces- I use it to binge a good bunch of stuff (mostly NCIS and anime), my niece uses it to watch a few of her favorite shows, and the rest of the family loves it for those really kitschy Lifetime-grade movies that it tends to collect from time to time and everything else it has. This will go a long way to keeping that going for a good, long while!

Now, you'd think that that would be enough for my enterprising Santa. But nope.

The original message passed to me claims three packages (what is it with Christmas and the number three, anyways? Three Ghosts of Christmas, three berries on holly, three candy canes you can eat before the peppermint gets too much for you...) should be making their appearance over the next few weeks. So now, after our gallant return to home base, we are eagerly awaiting whatever assault should arrive on our shores next.

But for tonight, it's Christmas cookies, eggnog (actual labeled eggnog, too, not "holly nog" or whatever knockoff the store-brand is pushing), and a nice evening spent in front of the TV catching up with some old friends.

Thanks again, Santa, and we'll be back with Part II when it shows up!

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    hey friends

this has been an unprecedented year

and there's way more strain on shipping this year than we'd normally have during this season

so again, as long as you have some kind of gift (digital stuff counts too!) to your match by january 31st, we're gonna call that a success!

if you think you're gonna have difficulty hitting that date, please let me know via PM and we'll see if we can figure something out

Brolo on
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Cross-posting from SE++
    Naphtali wrote: »
    So for the sake of transparency, I got the sticker sometime last week... I think. Work was really busting my ass and my stress levels were through the roof so I think I looked at it and literally could not process the strange runes on it, but figured it was probably important enough to not toss with the other satchel fulls of unwanted junk mail I get every week. I mean, who just mails random stickers... anyways!

Today I get a FedEx email notification of a package delivery, so I rustle myself down to my stoop to retreive it. Upon opening it I find...

32uhlmhpk4fi.png

HAI LSA TAN? Something about Ovaltine no doubt...

Oooooooooooh! Hail Satan! Right right, now it all makes sense.

A sweet t-shirt and sticker of the season from Teepublic, all thanks to my demonic benefactor. Thank you, whoever or whatever you are! And sorry for the lack of notification on the sticker's arrival, I legitimately had something broken in my head when I first looked at it last week and couldn't grok it at the time. Now that I'm on vacation until next year I'm cool as a cucumber and can properly appraise this unholy missive.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Cello wrote: »
    Sorry @handkor, can you verify if you got the forward from me/if the link worked?

Thanks!

@Cello sorry I have not received anything.

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    HP16Xarm.jpg
    GIFTS GETS
    The red cylinder is delicious!
    eQvYf3tm.jpg
    The Harry Potter boxes on the right were for my son; a Toy Story Woody & RC LEGO that he ran off with immediately. * BERNER BLEP ALERT *
    The smaller one was a custom stained glass initial! So cool!
    pRTKFYf.jpg
    And the two similar boxes off to the left were for our twins!!
    Ff3U0Qu.jpg
    The taller HP box though...
    sounds very interesting! I am excited to see how this plays.

3gYBGkE.jpg
    The huge green box... hang on a sec... is also delicious!
    y9EoXNM.jpg

This last one is too amazing to spoil. At first I thought it was an awesome Christmas Wise Man, but no. Oh no. The accompanying letter informed me that I ought to reflect on this year of going home and staying awhile. It's Deckard Cain from Diablo, designed and crafted by @Elvenshae!!! The border is a town portal! WHAT?!
    SrzF2fK.jpg

And the letter also included a humble bundle code for Battletech Mercenary Collection! Thank you so much! These gifts are incredible! You clearly put some serious time and effort into them! Once again, thank you, and Merry Christmas!!!

Battletag: Noggin#1936
    Those stained glass gifts are amazing!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    ovr1hlkzij2i.gif
    ovr1hlkzij2i.gif

3gfw1c6if6kv.jpg

bj7m5zprjl2a.jpg

o8nsgn3ye9zp.jpg

ay1ktghv3ob1.jpg

0s2xoaja42tk.jpg

pz1v2ir80trw.jpg

90hast02jarj.jpg

Even though we are having some technical difficulties, the final part of the gifts is a box of fancy cured meat from Carnivore Club. With this final gift, the whole group of Batman's villains, as seen in the video linked in the Joker card, have been gifted.

Coup for Two Face
    The hot sauce for Catwoman
    The bitters for Poison Ivy
    Penguin Lego set for the Penguin
    Joker on the card
    Birds of Prey movie for Harley
    and finally Carnivore Club for Killer croc

Well done @Cello. This have been one of the most intricately designed and themed gift I have ever received.

thank you very much

edited December 2020
    ovr1hlkzij2i.gif

Another gift arrived from @Cameron_Talley ! Would've posted sooner, but I wanted to build it before posting :D

It was a neat little Christmas themed lego kit! Woo! I haven't done lego stuff in 15+ years, so it was fun and nostalgic to put together :D
    BKpVFxL.png?1

This is actually surprisingly useful for me, since I don't actually have any Christmas decorations whatsoever in my house, lol, so now I have something to put on display to be a bit festive :D
    tQJ8Fu4.png

Forgot how fun they are to put together, too. Put Pandora on a speaker and sat down at my kitchen table with a coke float and built some lego :D It's always so cool to see the build develop and take shape.

Anyway, thanks for this gift and all of the gifts before this! They've been amazing!

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    You're super welcome, @Noggin ! I love doing this every year, and finding something to make for my Santee is surprisingly fun. :D Merry Christmas! :D

• Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    @Stabbity Style Yay I'm so glad all the presents arrived before Christmas! Enjoy!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    @Elvenshae that Cain is sick, congrats. Love your stained glass stuff every year.

edited December 2020
    ovr1hlkzij2i.gif
    ovr1hlkzij2i.gif

3gfw1c6if6kv.jpg

bj7m5zprjl2a.jpg

o8nsgn3ye9zp.jpg

ay1ktghv3ob1.jpg

0s2xoaja42tk.jpg

pz1v2ir80trw.jpg

90hast02jarj.jpg

Even though we are having some technical difficulties, the final part of the gifts is a box of fancy cured meat from Carnivore Club. With this final gift, the whole group of Batman's villains, as seen in the video linked in the Joker card, have been gifted.

Coup for Two Face
    The hot sauce for Catwoman
    The bitters for Poison Ivy
    Penguin Lego set for the Penguin
    Joker on the card
    Birds of Prey movie for Harley
    and finally Carnivore Club for Killer croc

Well done @Cello. This have been one of the most intricately designed and themed gift I have ever received.

thank you very much

I'm glad you liked it!! Themes tend to be a bit more of a thing on the SE side, hahaha, and you mentioned both exotic foods and Harley Quinn, so figured I'd go to town! (The link was to the Almost Got 'Im episode of BTAS, so it seemed like a good way to bring 'em all together.)

A couple notes:

- Coup seemed like a fun Two-Face gift since you have two cards with faces on them as part of the gameplay mechanic! Also since the episode is fully card themed, I'd be remiss to not include a card game in some way.

- Also with the bitters, don't limit yourself to drinks if you don't want to! They're basically extracts, so you can use the lemongrass one to punch up a stir fry, or the orange bitters in place of vanilla extract in cookies or cakes. I find Top Shelf's products to be super flavourful, so it could be neat if you're looking to change up any family recipes!

- I tried to keep local/small business with the purchases where I could. If you're looking for board games, I got your copy of Coup from BoardGamesNMore which delivered crazy fast. Top Shelf (the bitters company) and Meow, That's Hot! (The hot sauce company) are both small businesses that are local to the Ottawa area and I'm a big fan of them! And they seem to have cross-Canada shipping as well.

- The Meow, That's Hot! hot sauces are some of the best I've had! Most of their lineup has that amazing duality between spiciness and having an actual fruit flavour. If you decide to order more from them, the Cheshire Chipotle (a cherry chipotle one) and Lynx Lava (habanero watermelon) are basically used like ketchup in my house, haha. You can find them here: https://meow-thats-hot.myshopify.com/

Cello on
    Steam
This discussion has been closed.