As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Finisher

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited December 2020 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Finisher

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• V1mV1m Registered User regular
    It's EXACTLY what it means

It just shouldn't be, is all.

Incidentally I see the Tychofication of Gabe continues.

• ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    I guess if the only thing making you sick this year is having to play Cyberpunk 2077, you've had a helluva year.

• MaryAmeliaMaryAmelia Registered User regular
    Maybe it's because Jerry had high expectations going in though. Not knowing much about the game, I find it kind of nice (performance issues aside). Not mind blowing, but definitely not puke inducing.

• SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    ironzerg wrote: »
    I guess if the only thing making you sick this year is having to play Cyberpunk 2077, you've had a helluva year.

But what about the starving children in Africa?

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »

I mean I hella guarantee if Jerry mentioned all the things that gave him anxiety this year people would be like "Just tell the jokes funny man". I mean he lives in the US we all know how god fuck awful this year has been, we don't need a reminder we get those daily by still being in fucking side.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AmygaAmyga Registered User new member
    Nurse:You have Covid.
    Patient:No, I've just been playing Cyberpunk, that's all.
    Nurese:You definitely have Covid, but maybe you would want to talk with someone else?
    Patient:Oh no, I am doing fine, thanks.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

I mean I hella guarantee if Jerry mentioned all the things that gave him anxiety this year people would be like "Just tell the jokes funny man". I mean he lives in the US we all know how god fuck awful this year has been, we don't need a reminder we get those daily by still being in fucking side.

Also the comic would be seven hundred panels.

H9f4bVe.png
    edited December 2020
    I hope my comment didn't go over anyone's head, but it's so tiring to have a "you can't complain about x thing because covid is worse" comment pop out all the time.

Satsumomo on
  • NightarchaonNightarchaon Registered User new member
    So, I guess im the only person anywhere, enjoying this game.. sure, have had a couple of bugs, but then nothing worse than ive had in any other game in recent years. overall, im looking forward to the games future and DLC

Cyberpunk 2077 has over 195,000 positive reviews on Steam, so I guess there's a few people out there who enjoyed it.

• MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    Cyberpunk 2077 has over 195,000 positive reviews on Steam, so I guess there's a few people out there who enjoyed it.

I like how the first several positive reviews I read all had something along the lines of, "Yes, there are bugs BUT....."

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    CP2077 sounds exactly the type of game I can wait to grab the bug-fixed, GOTY version of on a $20 Steam sale in 5 years.

Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Mercade wrote: »
    CP2077 sounds exactly the type of game I can wait to grab the bug-fixed, GOTY version of on a $20 Steam sale in 5 years.

Honestly I will be surprised if it takes more than one year to hit that price point.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • MagicalGoatsMagicalGoats Registered User regular
    This is the poster child of how not to release a game now but on release Skyrim had near the exact same problem with save files for the PS3. If I remember right the file limit was 6MB?
    Patches came out, people continued to mock Bethesda Physics, and the world kept turning.
    If CDPR puts in the effort we've seen this sort of disaster can be turned around. For now we wait, and hope.

There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life, that cannot be improved with pizza.
    I hope my comment didn't go over anyone's head, but it's so tiring to have a "you can't complain about x thing because covid is worse" comment pop out all the time.

A comic about getting sick after being exposed to a video game was posted on 12/21. In other news, on 12/21 1962 people got sick and died in the United States after being exposed to Covid-19.

I know the Cyberpunk hate is a great way to get clicks these days, but this one missed the mark just a smidge for me.

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    So, I guess im the only person anywhere, enjoying this game.. sure, have had a couple of bugs, but then nothing worse than ive had in any other game in recent years. overall, im looking forward to the games future and DLC

There’s a whole thread in G&T of people enjoying it!

• BillieVeeBillieVee Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Honestly I will be surprised if it takes more than one year to hit that price point.

The console versions are already $10 off on Amazon and Best Buy

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    MarcinMN wrote: »

I like how the first several positive reviews I read all had something along the lines of, "Yes, there are bugs BUT....."

Because there are obviously big bugs and anyone not saying that would be being extremely dishonest.

The difference is saying the issues are with the bugs and not the core game.

Which is a very important distinction to make and good for people to know.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular

A comic about getting sick after being exposed to a video game was posted on 12/21. In other news, on 12/21 1962 people got sick and died in the United States after being exposed to Covid-19.

I know the Cyberpunk hate is a great way to get clicks these days, but this one missed the mark just a smidge for me.

The food was gross and made him throw up.

This outrage tastes a bit manufactured.

• MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    This is the poster child of how not to release a game now but on release Skyrim had near the exact same problem with save files for the PS3. If I remember right the file limit was 6MB?
    Patches came out, people continued to mock Bethesda Physics, and the world kept turning.
    If CDPR puts in the effort we've seen this sort of disaster can be turned around. For now we wait, and hope.

Oof, I remember Skyrim on PS3. Nigh unplayable for me. I ended up buying it two more times (PS4 and PC). Still haven't beaten the main quest almost ten years later. One day...

Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular

Oof, I remember Skyrim on PS3. Nigh unplayable for me. I ended up buying it two more times (PS4 and PC). Still haven't beaten the main quest almost ten years later. One day...

In your defense, Skyrim was one of those cases of "Runs OK everywhere...except for PS3." Like, ironically, the first Deadly Premonition.

• armatur3armatur3 San DiegoRegistered User regular
    There is so much story packed into this game. So many missions have branches that do different subtle things, so many random corners to explore and each of those little shards you pick up have a nugget of atmosphere...

Yes, the game is buggy as hell. I've been playing it on Stadia (where it has performed remarkably well btw) and have encountered an issue numerous times where I couldn't fire my weapon and had to exit out of the game completely to fix it but when the game performed as expected, I had a blast. I've put nearly 70 hours into the game. almost half of that was after I beat it and returned to the city to continue with side quests and upgrades.

It is an ambitious project and if they can iron out the issues, late-comers are going to have a hell of a ride.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »

In your defense, Skyrim was one of those cases of "Runs OK everywhere...except for PS3." Like, ironically, the first Deadly Premonition.

If you have one, try Skyrim on an Amazon Echo. Surprisingly detailed.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    This comic describes how most people consume games the past few years.

Definitely meme template material. Someone blank out Cyberpunk for posterity.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Registered User regular
    Jim Sterling made a song about the game.
    As someone that got "Flagshipped" I am glad I dodged this one. . .

• palidine40palidine40 Registered User regular
    Woo, biggest 2020 bandwagon award! Less than 1% of players are prevented from playing it due to not QC'ing it properly on older systems, so any bug that another 5% don't like gets conflated and amplified as though it were unplayable, and then the haters feel included. Is there a psychological term for that too? Gotta sell ads in media one way or another, i guess.

I can assure you that base consoles make up the majority of sales for this.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    palidine40 wrote: »
    Woo, biggest 2020 bandwagon award! Less than 1% of players are prevented from playing it due to not QC'ing it properly on older systems, so any bug that another 5% don't like gets conflated and amplified as though it were unplayable, and then the haters feel included. Is there a psychological term for that too? Gotta sell ads in media one way or another, i guess.

Yes, there's an award involved. But it's for you. I would give it to you, but I'm afraid it might violate the glorious edict, you silly goose.