As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SECRET SATANS 2020. PERFECT GIFTING!

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    Haha, I saw you posting the other day about karaoke, so I checked online for how much a decent set would cost. Rather than use Amazon, or pay through the nose for shipping, I thought I’d leave it in your capable hands!

Buy whatever is going to help you through this hell year, but please post pics of whatever you buy!

There is something a bit more personal I’m putting together that I will ship from NZ. I should be on holidays from Wednesday, so that will give me some time to get things together.

Well, I'll have to see what Best Buy's got for those kinds of machines! Luckily, Boxing Day sales are coming up this week, so maybe I'll even be able to find one with flashing lights or lasers!

I'm really excited to see that next gift as well - and what New Zealand postage looks like! You're incredibly generous Tef, this is all too kind!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    Tef? Tef. I think this is gonna be the one:

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/singsation-performer-all-in-one-party-system-spka710/13875012

It's the perfect balance of portability, flashy lights, and being incredibly silly

Steam
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Plus it's made of hexagons so you know it's from the future.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    But is it really karaoke if you don't have to google an english translation of the controls?

steam_sig.png
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    But is it really karaoke if you don't have to google an english translation of the controls?

Yeah, @Cello, what kind of videos come pre-loaded on that thing?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    this is very important

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    KoRn_Freak_on_a_leash(EXTENDED-UNCENSORED).mpeg

Zonugal wrote: »

Yeah, @Cello, what kind of videos come pre-loaded on that thing?

Well you use a tablet or phone for the karaoke so I mean

Any kind of video you want, for good or ill!!

Steam
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    oh hell yes

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Is there a sad girl version of Teenage Dirtbag you can use to summon AJ?

no it has to be a sad girl cover of x gon' give it to ya

6vjsgrerts6r.png

but to answer your question, pin my boy?

yes:

https://youtu.be/vjx6u2vovvI

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    It really does feel like a lesbian love song

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    I fucking love Wheatus.

EDIT: Fuck I miss karaoke.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Well now I'm having feelings, fuckin' thanks RK

you're welcome

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• QuicalQuical Registered User regular

A third?!
    Quical wrote: »
    Gift get part 3?!

No picture yet as everything is in boxes but another gift has arrived, I'm assuming, from my secret santa.

Thank you so much for everyday scenes from a parallel world. An anime art book I've been wanting for ages!

I believe there is one more thing coming?! Apparently?! I am being very spoiled.

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Cross-posting from G&T, just in case:

Got a message that I ought to be checking my email- but nothing there as of yet (though my provider's always been kind of really super fickle about how long it takes for certain senders to have their messages go through).

Santa, if you want to try to send it again, you're welcome to, or I've provided an alternative email to use just in case (I can pass it along to any Christmas elf or imp for a speedy delivery, Radiation ought to have it, at least!).

Still hammering my refresh button, though!

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Crosspost from the G+T SS thread:
    Something came today and this time it's not replacement smoke alarms. It's a teaser gift.
    fYVxDmp.jpg
    OCWoI6L.jpg
    M4dd6H5.jpg

Santa making me shiver with antici

edit: I've vaguely heard about Iain M Banks, but I've never read his stuff. Looking forward to this when I have some down time.

Santa also sent a helpful Imp my way this weekend to ask about my love of baseball.

SE++ edit: Realized the smoke alarm comment lacks context: I got a box the other day, started taking photos, only to realize it was smoke alarms that the company sent me to replace my defective ones.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    2022 will be the year we come back to the 'oke with a vengeance

I just hope to God the place survives.

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    To whomever my Satan may be. I will be out of town this Christmas week. Anything that arrives while I’m gone will be safely brought in by the pet sitter however but just wanted to give a heads up if I don’t immediately post on delivery of any gifts, that is why.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Well one gift is away, but shipping times are a nightmare so I don't expect that to land before NY. Gotta figure out an interim gift to tide things over!!

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    (Cross-posting from G&T.)
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    ovr1hlkzij2i.gif

And so it begins!

Yeah, I know, it's kind of cheesy. But what do you expect from a guy who has a tendency to over-indulge in cheezburgers and a penchant for stupid cat jokes?

Anyways, I'm digressing.

Like I mentioned earlier, I was busy banging around on making a gift get post for another subforum, when all of a sudden, well... I got a message from Santa- or rather, a message through one of his top elves, Radiation. It made note to watch for a few boxes that would be coming through the last part of this year and the first one of the next. Now, I love boxes- and so do the furry partners in crime of mine who seem to be everywhere an empty open box is! (I'm serious, there are a few strewn around the house right now, and they seem to get slept in almost daily...)

Wait- what's this? Also... a warning to keep a look at my given email, for the first portion of this, which I deem as "A Very Kitteh Christmas" for no other reason than it makes me chuckle, for the first surprise would be landing there before long. (Yes, I'm overdoing it a bit. But after this year, and especially these last few weeks, a spontaneous explosion of stupid joy wouldn't be the worst thing in the whole world, would it? Besides, if I went any more doom and gloom or anxious, I think the mods were going to have me covered in silly string until I cheered up or something.)

So... I waited. And waited. And kept hammering the refresh button over, and over, and over again (between this and the election threads I think I'm about due to have it overhauled). But still no sign of it had showed up.

Now, surprisingly, this is not the first time this has happened; the email given was an old one I've had for over a decade and a half, and from time to time, there are certain providers and companies that it apparently just doesn't like, and emails from them just seem to go poof off into the aether. I've sent off a mail to them making my displeasure known about that- sorry, Santa.

...but then... another message borne by elves!

A strange code, as well as instructions to take it to that most wonderful of places, the Flix of Nets!

So, off we journeyed across the World Wide Web, with only minimum stops (to catch the latest episode of Simon's Cat, double-check a few things, and send in a food order for tomorrow- and yes, more passive-aggressive sniping at my email company for being a bunch of humbugs), we reached our destination.

With the help of She Who Knows The Passphrase, we ventured into the labyrinth and worked our way through, until we reached a small console, ready to accept whatever dark magic we had to work on it.

So with much doublechecking, we hammered in the code, and hit the big red button, and it worked... and worked...

And with a glorious explosion of understated celebration, we were informed that said code was...

....drumroll goes here...

l8p148o4s9pa.jpg

...a $100 giftcard to Netflix!

This is an awesome gift, Santa! Between the four of us in this house, our Netflix account goes through a lot of paces- I use it to binge a good bunch of stuff (mostly NCIS and anime), my niece uses it to watch a few of her favorite shows, and the rest of the family loves it for those really kitschy Lifetime-grade movies that it tends to collect from time to time and everything else it has. This will go a long way to keeping that going for a good, long while!

Now, you'd think that that would be enough for my enterprising Santa. But nope.

The original message passed to me claims three packages (what is it with Christmas and the number three, anyways? Three Ghosts of Christmas, three berries on holly, three candy canes you can eat before the peppermint gets too much for you...) should be making their appearance over the next few weeks. So now, after our gallant return to home base, we are eagerly awaiting whatever assault should arrive on our shores next.

But for tonight, it's Christmas cookies, eggnog (actual labeled eggnog, too, not "holly nog" or whatever knockoff the store-brand is pushing), and a nice evening spent in front of the TV catching up with some old friends.

Thanks again, Santa, and we'll be back with Part II when it shows up!

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    To my Satan—who remains anonymous because I absolutely did not fuck up the process multiple times along the way in spite of this being my third year of gifting (ahem)—I regret to inform you that your next super secret thing will reach you AFTER Christmas but BEFORE New Years, so it is technically still full of festive goodness.

ALSO: Hades is very good, and that is coming from a dude has tried and hated Rogue-likes on multiple occasions, and YES I do have several crushes on these slabs of hot Greek, so thanks again!

Cristoval on
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Listen as long as it's there before January 5th it's still technically making it by Christmas

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    hey friends

this has been an unprecedented year

and there's way more strain on shipping this year than we'd normally have during this season

so again, as long as you have some kind of gift (digital stuff counts too!) to your match by january 31st, we're gonna call that a success!

if you think you're gonna have difficulty hitting that date, please let me know via PM and we'll see if we can figure something out

Brolo on
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Um, I think I got something in the mail today? There's some strange coding on it. Almost like... a message.

I'll get some pictures later when I can.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Yes, that's right, it's the shipping to blame, those crafty bastards! That's the ticket...

The Singsation is ordered and will be here....on or before December 31

Time to have a one woman karaoke New Year's in my house hell yeah

Steam
    Cello wrote: »
    The Singsation is ordered and will be here....on or before December 31

Time to have a one woman karaoke New Year's in my house hell yeah

That gives you 10 days to figure out how to stream! Easy!

Brolo wrote: »
    hey friends

this has been an unprecedented year

and there's way more strain on shipping this year than we'd normally have during this season

so again, as long as you have some kind of gift (digital stuff counts too!) to your match by january 31st, we're gonna call that a success!

if you think you're gonna have difficulty hitting that date, please let me know via PM and we'll see if we can figure something out

Thanks for this buddy! I know mailing things has been a fricking journey (it's taking 4+ weeks to get things from BC to my famjam in the States!!!!)

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I ordered my Satanee's gift on December 3rd, stopped getting shipping updates on December 11th. And NORMALLY I'd be anxious and thinking I've gotta get replacements, but everything is just... So fucked with USPS that I'm forcing myself to chill and wait.

So for the sake of transparency, I got the sticker sometime last week... I think. Work was really busting my ass and my stress levels were through the roof so I think I looked at it and literally could not process the strange runes on it, but figured it was probably important enough to not toss with the other satchel fulls of unwanted junk mail I get every week. I mean, who just mails random stickers... anyways!

Today I get a FedEx email notification of a package delivery, so I rustle myself down to my stoop to retreive it. Upon opening it I find...

32uhlmhpk4fi.png

HAI LSA TAN? Something about Ovaltine no doubt...

Oooooooooooh! Hail Satan! Right right, now it all makes sense.

A sweet t-shirt and sticker of the season from Teepublic, all thanks to my demonic benefactor. Thank you, whoever or whatever you are! And sorry for the lack of notification on the sticker's arrival, I legitimately had something broken in my head when I first looked at it last week and couldn't grok it at the time. Now that I'm on vacation until next year I'm cool as a cucumber and can properly appraise this unholy missive.

Holy shit that shirt rules

I know that shirt <3

edited December 2020
    Usagi wrote: »
    I know that shirt <3

Yeah, I was also struck with the "this isn't the first year we've had this design go around" remembrance while making the post. Not going to go look anything up that might ruin any surprises though.

Naphtali on
    Oh Hai Lisa Tan.

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Reverse-crosspost, since I signed up here but Elvenshae really killed it from G&T Santa.
    Noggin wrote: »
    HP16Xarm.jpg
    GIFTS GETS
    The red cylinder is delicious!
    eQvYf3tm.jpg
    The Harry Potter boxes on the right were for my son; a Toy Story Woody & RC LEGO that he ran off with immediately. * BERNER BLEP ALERT *
    The smaller one was a custom stained glass initial! So cool!
    pRTKFYf.jpg
    And the two similar boxes off to the left were for our twins!!
    Ff3U0Qu.jpg
    The taller HP box though...
    sounds very interesting! I am excited to see how this plays.

3gYBGkE.jpg
    The huge green box... hang on a sec... is also delicious!
    y9EoXNM.jpg

This last one is too amazing to spoil. At first I thought it was an awesome Christmas Wise Man, but no. Oh no. The accompanying letter informed me that I ought to reflect on this year of going home and staying awhile. It's Deckard Cain from Diablo, designed and crafted by Elvenshae!!! The border is a town portal! WHAT?!
    SrzF2fK.jpg

And the letter also included a humble bundle code for Battletech Mercenary Collection! Thank you so much! These gifts are incredible! You clearly put some serious time and effort into them! Once again, thank you, and Merry Christmas!!!

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Hail Satan!
    Today I received my 5th! (and apparently next-to-last) gift from my dark benefactor!

First out of the breach:
    c9GDB77l.jpg
    A pair of devious seasonings and an unholy bottle of hot sauce! Bella seems to approve. I splurged recently and picked up a Pit Boss pellet grill, so the seasonings will be put to delicious use.
    Further from the depths:
    SCy3I71l.jpg
    Three PS4 games!: The Division 2, Agents of Mayhem, and Slay the Spire. Bella will need to research these further before she passes judgement.
    Finally, a message from my not-so-mysterious Satan:
    NVt0gjjl.jpg
    19jBH73l.jpg

@Perrsun
    Thank you once again! This is really over the top.

JimBobtheMonkey on
  • JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    I should have waited to post mine. That Deckard Cain stained glass deserves much more time on display.