As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Spider-Man for a 10 year old

Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
My daughter loved the Spider-verse film and her younger sister wants to get her a Spider-Man comic for Christmas.

With more individual series and stand alones I feel pretty savvy at picking age appropriate stuff for my girls (see the other advice thread in this forum) but the myriad of overlapping iterations of the big 2 super-verses confuse the hell out of me.

I’d first gone for ‘Marvel Action Spider Man’ but that doesn’t seem to be available in the UK. My next attempt after a little more research is ‘Spidey’ which is definitely actually available. Am I on the right track now for introductory Spider Man for kids?

MhCw7nZ.gif

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    My only reservation with ‘Spidey’ is that it’s just Peter and I suspect he wasn’t her favourite film character.

Is there an age appropriate Spider-Gwen starting point?

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Really wish to help you, but I haven't been reading Spider-Man comics for ages. I know Jason Latour's Spider-Gwen is popular, but I'm not clear on the exact age of its intended audience and from what I can tell, it's meant for a bit older audience (13+ or so).

A couple of years ago, Marvel had Marvel Age/Adventures of Spider-Man which was a kids friendly book with quite the roster of creative teams, but it was also all Peter Parker focused. Those were also pre-Spider-Gwen, so the only female Spider-Man that appeared in those digests was Spider-Girl (Peter and Mary Jane's daughter who had her own longrunning series).

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    FishFreddyFishFreddy Registered User regular
    They like a classic spider-man or a new from a parallel universe?

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Marvel Adventures Spider-man was really good