As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dissidia Mobile] Aranea you folks gonna skip the new Global First character?

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I've pretty much caught up now after my long break. I have several supports and imperils/enchants, I have tons of phys/ranged/whatever DPS, a few magic dps.

I guess at this point I now just pull on whatever?

WoL LD, Gladio, Reno, any FFXI LD, Pecil BT/LD, Garland BT. That's about all I'm looking forward to?

steam_sig.png
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    Surprise! Global-first Vivi LD drops tomorrow night.

Other news from today's livestream:
    - artifacts QoL coming soon (per in-game announcement)
    - more free first multi draws for Halloween
    - enemy HP display, show combined damage for multi-HP-attack moves coming soon
    - no new global-first character for third anniversary, BUT planning a new global-first LD for third anniversary
    - Lufenia Difficulty arrives Nov 2
    - Act 2 finale pt2 (featuring WoL), Eight LC, Kurasame event, Ultimate Bahamut, Dimensions' End Entropy 17, Gau LC, Mystery Character (Gladio) event
    - black "five-day" sale, end of Nov

• 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Wait, but I haven't gotten Strago's LD yet....ahhhh!

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    I absolutely LOVE the QoL improvement of being able to select hard mode first and getting both sets of rewards. I have so many LC's and MS chapters to do that it's making it a breeze.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Enhancement Board is much easier to Auto now; You don't have to wait for the sections to unlock if you're trying to master it all.

Lightning and Zidane also had some minor changes to their boards, so they've become unmastered and the points refunded if you had put any towards them.

Snagged Vivi's LD in the free pull. Unexpected purpling puts a pinch on resources I was saving, but how can I not power him up now?

So, the plan: pull for WoL's LD, hopefully get BT or some EXs to mlb some of the other banner mates.

Free pull 1: WoL LD

Welp! Thankfully that daily protag draw left me with a lot of powerstones.

I've got enough tokens to pick up his BT, and I kinda want to, even though I should probably save it for someone else.

I also don't need either Thancred or Laguna realized, but I'm tempted. Hmm.

Good luck to all on the free pulls.

• GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Got WoL's BT on second pull then LD on 157 tickets. Got everything for everyone else on both banners too which was a nice bonus

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Did a bunch of pulls trying to get Kefka BT and failed at all of them. But I have every single weapon on every banner it's on so time to give up.

Lots of cool new EX and LD tho

WoL I just want his LD, his BT isn't very good so I'll hopefully not have too much trouble snagging the LD then waiting for whomever looks good next. My bases are so covered I'm not really too concerned about anything.

Well, Elnacho BT way in the future went on my shopping list tho.

steam_sig.png
  • CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    Up to about 400 tickets and 30K gems spent. Got Warrior of Light's LD but no BT yet.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Pitied WoL burst

Not sure what to do with this 7* armor token I got from the Lufenia

Yeah, I'm not sure what the deal is with the 7*s, if it's something to wait for a better character or what.

Story wise in this chapter, I got a kick out of the XI and XIV talks. I was wondering if they how they were going to approach that.

Probably hoard the 7* armor till you need them. I understand the word from the JP version is that the DPS ones are generally the most useful. Though I think we should get one per event, like character board points, so you don't need to be too stingy with them.

I agree that WoL BT is not especially great, so I wouldn't chase it unless he's your dude.

Vivi LD is the power house of the cell, but it's gotten me killed several times already, so it's not brainless. Notably, if you're not paying attention, it's not hard to get Basch killed, which is impressive.

I've been pairing Vivi with Relm; toss on Syldra Summon if healing is an issue and she does a stupid amount of healing with Sketch Summon. Otherwise she just batteries like crazy, gets a lot of turns, can blind in a pinch. I really didn't have her on my radar but she's become a go-to character.

There's a 7-star token redemption banner if you go directly to "redeem tokens". They haven't mentioned it but it's there.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
    SQEX Livestream 11/30/2020
    12/1 QOL improvements
    - Battle Log display settings - can turn off the massive spam of notifications!!!
    - number of hunt permits displayed on world map
    - sphere refinery added to item exchange list

12/2 Winter Festival
    - free first multi draws
    - new stickers
    - winter hunts (santa cactuar)

12/2 - Level 80 begins!
    - crystal strength 75 unlocks Call Ability and Call Slot
    - first batch of 80 awakenings: Raijin, Edge, Lightning, Penelo, Zack, Vincent

12/2 - Lightning BT/LD banners
    - first multi draw free on both banners

12/7 - Kamlanaut LC
    - first multi draw free

12/11 - Reno event
    - first multi draw free

12/16 - more Heretic Quests

12/16 - Sephiroth BT/LD banners
    - first multi draw free on both banners

12/16 - DE Entropy 18
    - bosses power themselves up for one turn; tough vs magic
    - recommend: paralyze/silence effects, physical attackers

12/21 - Ciaran LC
    - first multi draw free

12/24 - mystery character (Rude) event
    - first multi draw free

Free pull on the first banner, a couple of powerstones.

Free pull on second, Lightning LD. Woo!

I think I'll token the BT, but maybe wait and see how the next banner or two go first.

Good luck on your free pulls!

E: also, Lightning gets another costume, for anyone interested.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I had saved up 200,000+ gems in order to guarantee that I could at least pity Lightning's Burst and LD.

I got the Burst on my free pull of banner 2.

So, uh, I guess now I need to choose which banner to roll on for the LD! I'll probably keep going on banner 2, since I would like to get better kits for all 3 of the other characters on that banner.

IKknkhU.gif
    Got the LD on my second free pull. Pleeeeeease give me the BT, RNGesus!

Welp, used some of the tickets from this event to try to get Raijin's EX, ended up getting Lightning's BT in 9 tickets.

:o

JP version just showed off Tidus rework, BT, and LD. Looks like his damage is going way up, with a Shot or Jecht Shot follow-up after every turn. Something to look forward to for X fans in ~10 months.

That's great since Tidus is, well probably one of the most in need of a rework.

I think he's also one of the last protags to get his BT? Wonder if it's powercreep time after that?

I think for remaining characters to get BTs, it's Zidane, Vincent, Zack, Yuna, Serah, possibly Lann&Reynn, Exdeath, Jecht or Seymour, Vayne, Caius

Fry wrote: »
    I think for remaining characters to get BTs, it's Zidane, Vincent, Zack, Yuna, Serah, possibly Lann&Reynn, Exdeath, Jecht or Seymour, Vayne, Caius

I would love a BT for Yuna, but I'm skeptical that they won't consider that games like X-2 and Crisis Core would "count".

Though I guess Serah is ONLY playable in FF13-2, so who knows.

IKknkhU.gif
    edited December 2020
    Yuna, Zack, and Vincent made it into the protagonist EX shop. Layle and Ramza have BTs in JP, so it seems likely to me the other spinoff characters will be included.

Edit: oh right, Ace also needs his BT still

Fry on
    Wow, I was really off, I thought for sure Tidus was the last. We are getting there though, probably some time next year then.

Yuna, Zack, and Vincent made it into the protagonist EX shop. Layle and Ramza have BTs in JP, so it seems likely to me the other spinoff characters will be included.

Edit: oh right, Ace also needs his BT still

Okay, well, I'm pleasantly surprised then.

IKknkhU.gif
    Still no Rikku, though!

I'm not complaining about the Turks, but come on, already. We're going to get Mystic Quest characters before her at this rate.

411Randle wrote: »
    Still no Rikku, though!

I'm not complaining about the Turks, but come on, already. We're going to get Mystic Quest characters before her at this rate.

I just...

Gotta have faith...

IKknkhU.gif
    We'll get Rikku around the time we get more Tactics characters. :P

Free pull time, good luck all.

Reno 35, Rosa EX powerstone....Reno LD! Yay!

I still have some EX tokens so I should probably just pick up his EX.....though I always feel bad about using those.

I just want to say FUCK that Reno 180 boss. "The enemy has to get a turn or you lose" is not a fun gimmick, because even though Reno's LD trivializes it, you basically have to not use turn delay characters. Only problem, the other boosted characters for the fight are Leo and Lightning, whose whole deal is delay. I did it, but you have to micromanage your turns like crazy to make sure Reno gets Pyramid off at the right times.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    This Lufe was an absolute nightmare

Ended up beating it with Lightning w/ Reno call, Kurasame and Gladio, 3 turn Ame friend, Odin summon

Important to only push the imps below 50% when each one is in support mode (wait for them to switch then burst the other one below 50 as well) to avoid the red aura that makes them take 1 brv damage from any source

After that, Reno call and Ame generate enough framed debuffs with Lightning + Kurasame that the imp's shields cannot be applied and you can burst + summon to take them out before the orbs tick down

Beasteh on
    Blech, this Lufenia is super awful. The you-lose timer is just a little too fast. Finally got there with Ardyn, Reno, Sazh, Odin, friend Lightning.

Did a few pulls on this banner because I'm kinda dire here other than Sephiroth; managed to get Ciarin's LD which immensely helps with his stack situation.

I don't really have the tokens to pick up his EX right now (a personal irritation since I have everything else now), but that was enough to get the Challenge Quest done with Sephiroth and a 0/3 Layle. So good for now?

I've been lazy about Lufenia though; I've got a couple of days I need to get the Reno one done by, then the other two most recent. Not looking forward to any of these.

I've barely tried most of the Lufenias. I don't know the secret, I don't have the key.

Also I go on YouTube for tips and most of them are "use this one character that makes you take zero turns" except I never do it right.

edited December 2020
    I've barely tried most of the Lufenias. I don't know the secret, I don't have the key.

Also I go on YouTube for tips and most of them are "use this one character that makes you take zero turns" except I never do it right.

There isn't one particular secret or key, each one requires different stuff. It really helps to have whatever the latest meta DPS is, but it's not strictly necessary as long as you have someone who deals a ton of damage. In addition to that, for most of them you need someone specific to deal with the Lufenia orb, and your third slot probably a strong support to help with whatever bull the fight will be doing.

Right now is a bad time to try to get started on Lufenia, unfortunately. Reno event, Ciaran LC and this Sephiroth raid are all hot garbage, JP folks say these are the worst ones for a long time. If you have a good counter-attacker, Eight LC isn't too bad. Gau LC requires you to deal Earth damage, which really wants you to have Gau geared, but there are a few other options.

Fry on
    Did the Reno one, almost didn't make the HP requirement at the end because I killed one too fast and had to power through the last one at 10% with mist up. Lightning/Reno/Desch worked well otherwise.

Fun fact, you can stack Pyramid with Paralyze; the paralyze goes first but the Pyramid debuff stays on since they didn't take a turn due to paralysis.

There isn't one particular secret or key, each one requires different stuff. It really helps to have whatever the latest meta DPS is, but it's not strictly necessary as long as you have someone who deals a ton of damage. In addition to that, for most of them you need someone specific to deal with the Lufenia orb, and your third slot probably a strong support to help with whatever bull the fight will be doing.

Right now is a bad time to try to get started on Lufenia, unfortunately. Reno event, Ciaran LC and this Sephiroth raid are all hot garbage, JP folks say these are the worst ones for a long time. If you have a good counter-attacker, Eight LC isn't too bad. Gau LC requires you to deal Earth damage, which really wants you to have Gau geared, but there are a few other options.

This is actually good to know. I'll go back to my plan B, which is finally doing more Entropy levels.

edited December 2020
    The most recent few Entropy levels have been pretty easy relative to Lufenia fights (which makes sense, as they're supposed to be Chaos difficulty). If you are at all behind on those, catching up is going to be a LOT easier than trying to get through Lufenia.

Fry on
    It says something when a calm relaxing break from Lufenia attempts is doing the latest Dimension's End. Which felt like a refreshing jaunt in comparison. :?