As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Little Drummer Boy Challenge...2020 EDITION

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah, I think I have to tap out. I was at work yesterday getting ready to start and I'm pretty sure our Admin sung the infernal words under their breath. There's a parallel universe where I ask for clarification and look like a madman but I'm going to accept my fate. Life pa rum pa pum pums at you fast.

hemzkmq53uv3.jpeg

1e387zqg9t49.png

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    is the broken wrist and ankle supposed to be sexy

That's not the part people are looking at it's that sweet, sweet torso

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    I'm back at Dad's and in the space of three hours, the Christmas music channel played no less than seven different renditions of the song.

Whoever is in charge of this channel loves them some drummer boy, I tell you what.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    You're really slipping. I can barely crank it to that one.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    You're really slipping. I can barely crank it to that one.

I really blew my load on Chris.

:winky:

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Each RE Christmas fanart has been carefully curated and hand picked by Raijin for its recipient

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Part of me just assumes that Raijin is the one making this fan art.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Part of your what assumes Raijin is making the art?

Dammit, he changed it!

chromdom on
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    Lockdown has gotten me to the edge of winning, we'll see if I can go all the way

I tried to Russian Roulette it with some Spotify Playlist as I drove around town today but he didn't show

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    chromdom wrote: »
    Part of your what assumes Raijin is making the art?

Loins

• astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Longest I’ve been in by far.

These wax wings will never melt!

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    i made it through dozens of hallmark/lifetime christmas movies, i made it through multiple trips to stores, i made it through the car ride to drop off presents with the radio on, i thought the lockdown would be my saving grace, but in the end i was done in by a christmas episode of the office

time of death: 7:55pm christmas eve

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    astrobstrd wrote: »
    Carpy wrote: »
    He got me. Walked into a Starbucks and got ambushed by a Justin Bieber Busta Rhymes version.

oe8vbdizueck.jpeg

q3544eiz0new.jpeg

This one has a lot to unpack.

It confuses me for very different reasons

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    The in-laws do a caroling party every year which always has the dread song played, it's a hard out the weekend before Christmas. Pandemic cancelled it so once I woke up on Christmas Eve morning I really thought that this would be the year. Stupid Justin Bieber.

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I managed to survive a near fatality. My family, talking loudly, TV on incredibly low, put on a Christmas Hits Playlist. Jingle Bells ends, and I see the upcoming song is Little Drummer Boy. I cover my ears and then gesture my girlfriend to the TV, whereupon she hits the remote and turns off the song before I actually hear any notes.

Still alive!

I ate an engineer
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    I managed to survive a near fatality. My family, talking loudly, TV on incredibly low, put on a Christmas Hits Playlist. Jingle Bells ends, and I see the upcoming song is Little Drummer Boy. I cover my ears and then gesture my girlfriend to the TV, whereupon she hits the remote and turns off the song before I actually hear any notes.

Still alive!

What's it like to stare death in the face and not blink?

And now you know, your girlfriend has your back

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Less than ten days to go.

I'm doing it.

I will be full of hubris.

I am going to survive. I cannot be defeated.

To quote some guy whom nothing bad happened to probably, "I! AM! INVINCIBLE!!!"

huh weird these tanks of liquid nitrogen behind me ruptured right after I said that, what a funny coincidence

I was making tea and started absentmindedly humming to myself as I do, and of course it was little drummer boy. RIP me.

BahamutZERO.gif
    And the playlist kept going and I lost anyway! Ah well, didn't want to tell people not to play Christmas music during the festivities.

I ate an engineer
  • ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    And the playlist kept going and I lost anyway! Ah well, didn't want to tell people not to play Christmas music during the festivities.

That's loser talk.

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
    ZeroCow wrote: »

That's loser talk.

I mean

yes

ZeroCow wrote: »

That's loser talk.

Yes, it is! The lover's prize is friendship!

I ate an engineer
  • GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I didn’t participate because I was very confident that the whole alone in a cabin thing was a solid guarantee.

But friends it was not

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Done in just now by the Sharon Jones version.

edited December 2020
    Just think

a little less than 28 hours remain

who will be done in at the last minute?

Who will die before midnight on the final day?

Orca on
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Christmas Music plays in the underground mall at Taipei Main Station.

It’s always either 12 days of Christmas or Frosty the Snowman.

I have concerns, but I am still alive... for now.

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    xfqbx985bc3i.png

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    it's been a pretty easy holiday season for me, no longer working retail or working in an office at all. It almost feels like cheating.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    it's been a pretty easy holiday season for me, no longer working retail or working in an office at all. It almost feels like cheating.

Yep. Last time I went to the grocery store, they didn't have any music at all. It's been, with the exception of a single unexpected scare, pretty easy.

• MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    Just think

a little less than 28 hours remain

who will be done in at the last minute?

Who will die before midnight on the final day?

I can say with complete and utter certainty

not me.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I will probably get hit when I video chat with my family at some point today, because they all are Maximum Volume Christmas Songs All The Time during the holidays.

I mean, unless a random yt video gets me.

sig.gif
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Had I not already been dead, I’d have died several times over today as the Christmas Yule Log played three different versions on repeat throughout the day.

Including a surprisingly terrible Johnny Cash version!

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    I was browsing Facebook and a friend posted the Funny or Die skit where Will Farrell and John C. Reilly parody the David Bowie and Bing Crosby version

And that skit is just too weird and stupid and at this point there was basically no chance of hearing it otherwise (I'm in Japan so xmas is almost over) so I decided fuck it and jumped off the cliff

It's exactly as stupid as I remember (Will Farrell is probably the least suited comedian to play David Bowie in history), and I have no regrets

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I think I made it this year!

The streets ran red with blood last night.

MechMantis wrote: »
    Less than ten days to go.

I'm doing it.

I will be full of hubris.

I am going to survive. I cannot be defeated.

To quote some guy whom nothing bad happened to probably, "I! AM! INVINCIBLE!!!"

huh weird these tanks of liquid nitrogen behind me ruptured right after I said that, what a funny coincidence

I was making tea and started absentmindedly humming to myself as I do, and of course it was little drummer boy. RIP me.

eh239kolohm9.jpeg

c4k7j8j5xb7k.jpeg

x2jmg76rr8j7.jpeg

dxll6itncu78.jpeg

Gustav wrote: »
    I didn’t participate because I was very confident that the whole alone in a cabin thing was a solid guarantee.

But friends it was not

87wpb312z9t3.jpeg

8ec6bhyiezm4.jpeg

ASimPerson wrote: »
    Done in just now by the Sharon Jones version.

4x0eswhezt6m.jpeg

49wokroj38yd.jpeg

I was browsing Facebook and a friend posted the Funny or Die skit where Will Farrell and John C. Reilly parody the David Bowie and Bing Crosby version

And that skit is just too weird and stupid and at this point there was basically no chance of hearing it otherwise (I'm in Japan so xmas is almost over) so I decided fuck it and jumped off the cliff

It's exactly as stupid as I remember (Will Farrell is probably the least suited comedian to play David Bowie in history), and I have no regrets

ahb98brw1rqa.jpeg

u22phu3wv6r7.jpeg

Ubik wrote: »
    i made it through dozens of hallmark/lifetime christmas movies, i made it through multiple trips to stores, i made it through the car ride to drop off presents with the radio on, i thought the lockdown would be my saving grace, but in the end i was done in by a christmas episode of the office

time of death: 7:55pm christmas eve

pj937rqb1cll.jpeg

otjgr9afn0xn.jpeg