As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] WWI - Pointy Hat Guys Win!

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    We don't have artillery, wait a minute...

ruh roh

Burnage on
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Precisionk, how did you know that I attacked you? HMM?

Once you answer that question, I'll be glad to discuss this further.

Quoth on
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Quoth wrote: »
    Precisionk, how did you know that I attacked you? HMM?

Once you answer that question, I'll be glad to discuss this further.

Because, Psycholarry1 told me via pm along with the how many of my men you killed.

Traitor.

precisionk on
    edited January 2008
    Ok then. I took an Aimed Shot at you because you were grandstanding and I was suspicious. I thought that PL1 would reveal how many men were killed in which regiments, and thus I would know which was you. Unfortunately, that didn't happen.

Quoth on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    that sounds fair

mrpaku on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Burnage wrote: »

ruh roh

I've got my eye on you sir.

M.D. on
    edited January 2008
    Quoth wrote: »
    Ok then. I took an Aimed Shot at you because you were grandstanding and I was suspicious. I thought that PL1 would reveal how many men were killed in which regiments, and thus I would know which was you. Unfortunately, that didn't happen.

This doesn't comfort the fact that you widowed many hundreds of women over in Britain. It also points to traitordom.

precisionk on
    edited January 2008

ruh roh

I've got my mortars on you.

Also Quoth isn't a traitor.

Burnage on
    edited January 2008

ruh roh

Until I see and hear proof from the General himself, I refuse to believe you and you are also on my list of traitors until otherwise.

Shooting against the crown is punishable by death.

precisionk on
    edited January 2008
    Attack me if you want, but I'm not a traitor and you'll only be hurting the cause.

Quoth on
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    You would threaten a man of the crown, Quoth?

You are lucky there are miles between us, for surely I would crush you for your traitorous actions.

Shamus on
    edited January 2008
    Oh please, how many people here fell to friendly fire last night. I am the only one fessing up.

Quoth on
    edited January 2008
    You guys should really listen to Quoth, he's telling the truth.

Burnage on
    edited January 2008

ruh roh

Mortars now eh, you would dare threaten the French!

M.D. on
    edited January 2008
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Everyone threatens the French. Hell, The Simpson's Game had an entire level where you had to pull down white flags to keep the French from surrendering.

You know what! I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

M.D. on
    edited January 2008
    Everyone threatens the French. Hell, The Simpson's Game had an entire level where you had to pull down white flags to keep the French from surrendering.
    You know what! I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
    Is there someone else up there we could talk to?
    No. Now, go away, or I shall taunt you a second time-a!

M.D. on
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    ...And this is why I left the Entente lines.

The French and English always arguing over whose grail was whose... Bickering over whose toast was best and what a real muffin looks like.

Give me a good ol' sauerkraut on a Kaiser, extra horseradish.

Mmmmm...sauerkraut.

El Skid on
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I'm honestly surprised that conversation didn't occur earlier.

Oats on
  • SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Ah, James shot me! I bet you're a frog. All those frogs are good for is surrendering and retreating. If it wasn't for the King, Fritz would have had his way with you by now.

Vote for !El Skid because those dirty Hun ruined my foxhole with their damn artillery.

Savant on
  • Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Before I surrender, It is my duty to Vote El Skid

Niceguy Myeye on
    edited January 2008
    And now I shall gloat.

Though you all have no idea what I gloat about.

Muahahahahaa

El Skid on
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    I !vote to give El Skid das boot!

Squashua on
  • FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    are you sure? :twisted:

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
    edited January 2008
    that's twice i've seen you post an evil emoticon, Frost

are you trying to tell us something

mrpaku on
    edited January 2008
    yeah - well, that happens :wink: I like that smiley and if you want to read anything into it - sure, but it will only kill an innocent person.

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
    edited January 2008
    mrpaku wrote: »
    that's twice i've seen you post an evil emoticon, Frost

are you trying to tell us something

I haven't posted an evil emoticon yet, paku. Your logic is flawed, Sir.

El Skid on
    edited January 2008
    *laughs* We'll just have to see what happens *grin*

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
    edited January 2008
    just reaching

everyone red voting El Skid doesn't seem like the best course of action, and i'm looking for a runner-up

mrpaku on
    edited January 2008
    I believe Meister is the runner up, currently.

El Skid on
  • VarcaynVarcayn Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    EPIC REVEAL (Can't let the Germans get the only one of the day.)

Greetings, fellow Allied Commanders

I've been in contact with a few of you behind the scenes, but allow me to introduce myself to the rest of you. I am First Major Varcayn, Second in Command of the Allied Forces. More importantly, I am in charge of all allied intelligence. This grants me numerous special abilities.

I won't go into detail on many of them, so as to limit the knowledge of the Central Powers, but I will explain one. At the start of the game and on each subsequent turn, I am given small intelligence briefings. Here are two examples:

Counter-Intelligence reports that at least one enemy infiltrator has acquired forged papers.
    Our reconnaissance aircraft indicate the presence of a hostile batallion occupying our enemy's eastern trench.

These two examples might not seem like much to go on, but I don't want to reveal how much we know about our enemy. Suffice to say the briefings I receive contain information on subjects such our enemy's equipment selections, map locations, the nationalities of those they were hiding amongst, and other clues that might indicate their true identity.

Now as I'm sure you have already deduced, I basically have a giant logic puzzle on my hands. However it is also immensely useful, case in point, Meister convinced many of you to vote for Thorgot last night because by combining the information given to me by various Allied commanders with my stockpile of intelligence reports, the inescapable logical conclusion was that Thorgot had to be evil.

But now we run in to a slight problem. I received a massive jumble of reports to start the game; more than I knew what to do with. However, on all subsequent turns, I don't seem to be getting that many.

This brings us to the bottom line: I like logic puzzles, hell my stress relief mechanism consists of a Rubik's cube. But you know what will make this a hell of a lot easier? Your information. I need nationalities, equipment choices, map locations of you and anyone you can see. I also need to know if you're a neutral, disguised or not. Don't worry, we don't want to hunt you down, I've actually talked to a half allied half neutral player already, you can help us more than you think and our goals are surprisingly compatible. However, I have strong reason to believe that some of these intelligence reports condemn neutrals, and I don't want to waste time targeting neutrals when we could be targeting mutual enemies. Thus I ask all of you to do the following: send me your information. Do NOT discuss what you send with other players, as we need to cross reference what everyone says in order to find out if anyone is not being fully honest.

For those of you that still don't trust me, I offer you this information:

We have a seer. He seered Squashua last night, who must be some sort of enemy leader, because it revealed a literal truckload of information. Squashua is evil, but he is also immune to the vote, so don't waste your votes there. We have reason to believe other traitorous bastards are immune to the vote as well, and thus I would assume El Skid is merely trying to draw votes on to his immune traitorous ass.

Instead, we know Thorgot is evil, so until future leads develop from the information you send me, vote for him, and for God's sake, shoot all three of the aforementioned on sight.

More information to follow, including more specific attack and defense orders for a lot of you as information becomes available. We will hold the line. We will take down that artillery. We will crush the Central Powers.

Good luck men.

Varcayn on
    edited January 2008
    yeah - think that's about right.

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
    edited January 2008
    !vote thorgot

mrpaku on
    edited January 2008
    I applaud your epic reveal, sir. Not using size 99 font is indeed the hallmark of a true gentleman revealer.

I also applaud your twisting of information. The entente scum indeed made a good choice when they selected you to your post... To lie in such an upright and straightforward fashion is worthy of the highest levels of espionage. What you have said is SO much more attractive and sounds SO much better than "Tell me all your secrets, we won't use them against you, honest".

Neutral forces, the entente care nothing for your secondary win conditions. Work with the German forces, and you can still succeed when and if your primary win condition should fail.

Oh and IF you should want to share any private information with me, you're welcome to do it. We on the north side of the map do not seek to require it of you up front, because we're not going to stab you in the back at the slightest provocation.

My PM box is open to you, good sirs and madame.

El Skid on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    !vote thorgot

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited January 2008
    why are you voting for yourself thorgot?

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • DamnedLibrarianDamnedLibrarian Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    !Vote Thorgot

No reason to give El Skid the vote when he obviously wants it.

DamnedLibrarian on
  • VarcaynVarcayn Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    El Skid wrote: »
    I applaud your epic reveal, sir. Not using size 99 font is indeed the hallmark of a true gentleman revealer.

I also applaud your twisting of information. The entente scum indeed made a good choice when they selected you to your post... To lie in such an upright and straightforward fashion is worthy of the highest levels of espionage. What you have said is SO much more attractive and sounds SO much better than "Tell me all your secrets, we won't use them against you, honest".

Neutral forces, the entente care nothing for your secondary win conditions. Work with the German forces, and you can still succeed when and if your primary win condition should fail.

Oh and IF you should want to share any private information with me, you're welcome to do it. We on the north side of the map do not seek to require it of you up front, because we're not going to stab you in the back at the slightest provocation.

My PM box is open to you, good sirs and madame.

Yes, because the Triple Alliance / Central Powers really represented the honorable, honest, non-"here's a blank check Austria, why don't you go crush Serbia so I can draw England in to a war because their bigger navy hurts my feelings" side of the war.

Varcayn on
    edited January 2008
    FrostMist wrote: »

to dissuade you from voting for him, or course

mrpaku on
    edited January 2008
    FrostMist wrote: »

Isn't it obvious? His commander has ordered him to do it, just like he ordered him to charge the machine guns last night.

Far be it from me to stand in the way of self-sacrificing french people, however.

El Skid on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    !Vote Thorgot

You know what you doing.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat