As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SECRET SATANS 2020. PERFECT GIFTING!

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    You are quite welcome! Sorry I didn't know your stance on coffee! But it's from a local place, Albanese also happens to be a local place to me (about 20 minutes away) so those are fresh from the factory floor. The fun thing about Jaws of the Lion is the classes in it are compatible with regular Gloomhaven! Merry Christmas!

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    JOTL is what Gloomhaven should have been. It's a watered-down version of the game but not in any of the bad connotations the phrase normally has. The scenario tilesets being in a spiral-bound book instead of these massively time-consuming puzzles to put together is also extremely good.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    I think I have a box from satan. Got some stuff to do but will post if I am correct

@KetBra
    qp69ar63yteb.gif

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    KetBra wrote: »
    I think I have a box from satan. Got some stuff to do but will post if I am correct

qp69ar63yteb.gif

Sorry for the delay! It's been a busy 24hr

So this is the box I got! Looks fairly satanic
    JgEzs8Z.jpg

There was a very nice letter @#pipe wrote which I didn't take a picture of. There was also this cool lamp/USB charger he made!
    MIf6xTk.jpg
    sT5C1NG.jpg

Very cool! It's now charging my switch controllers!

Masks!
    8BJMiqc.jpg
    I've been working up a collection of masks, and these are going to be a very welcome addition! His wife also included a very nice letter explaining the masks and how to modify them. Thanks so much!

Warhammer!
    091CcgF.jpg
    It's a Hospitaller for my Sisters of Battle Army! The Emperor truly protects

Pipe also sent a couple of cool books (With sort of not pictured very cool Ghibli film bookmarks)
    VmMzmJO.jpg
    BnOk63Q.jpg

My girlfriend had heard the Cosmicomics one was quite good!

Finally, some treats!
    TGto0oH.jpg
    y47HBBJ.jpg

What I initially identified as fudge is in fact Rocky Road, or so I am told. It is definitely delicious, and definitely not an allergy problem!

Thanks so much #pipe! This was really thoughtfully put together and I really appreciate the work you put into it. All-time great satan stuff!

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    emhyhwS.gif

Package showed up the other day from parts unknown, TX
    8u38kh3adns2.jpg

Gifts and Cards!
    acq6c220lt0a.jpg
    I haven't read these in a real long time but loved them as a kid. Hopefully they hold up.

vb0v7nhjw8i9.jpg

Oh no it's Thrawn! I've only sporadically read any star wars EU books over the years but seeing this trilogy constantly praised and held up is always something I wanted to check out and we actually just rewatched the rebels cartoon here so I'm excited to see how the depictions compare over the years.

Next up a lil guy
    f5malgps330p.jpg
    Here's two good games and sunshine too. Heyoo

I'll have you know i quite liked the 2007 cult sci-fit film Sunshine despite the weird final act twist and oh wait...

li3jn16mdjhi.jpg

It'sa Mario actually! before the switch I have not had a non-handheld nintendo console since a christmas SNES when I was like 6 so I've never played more than maybe an hour of 64 at a friends. I've honestly been hand wringing over this one just because of nintendos jerk marketing move "limited edition release" structure for these games and I'm excited to finally give them a go.

The next one was a trick! perhaps a devilish one!
    d5wj73vkyc4b.jpg
    You suggested local fare so I thought I would include a bit of a texas starter pack.

Alright texas, let's see what you got.

ixjii01z1gbs.jpg

hang on...

I was tricked by texas!!! You'll pay texas!

so here's what actually happened.

That piece appeared to be the "Wrapping" and protective shipping layer for these
    nvasfo5zeosw.jpg

and inside was the hellfire.

aefzf4qik9vf.jpg

I'm familiar with whataburger the brand but i've never lived anywhere with one. We tasted this one already and it's good. I honestly have only rarely used ketchup in years. The supermarket brand options all just taste like sugar to me and fast food places always overpower their food with it so that's turned me off it going back forever. while this has that familiar sweet to it, the extra bit of tang makes it A LOT better to me and I'm sure i'll find uses for it now.

The other two are completely new to me but we've already planned our next meal to use the diablo sauce. We are a spicy household so I'm sure we'll come up with some wierd uses to amaze and offend texas barbeque sensibilities.

A Letter!
    l9i8b43hj96c.jpg

A wonderful christmas card...

edh7efvmoocx.jpg

...From Satan
    [AND A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR]
    The number of the demi beast
    Hell and Fire was spawned to be released
    Torches blazed and sacred chants were praised
    As they start to cry, hands held to the sky
    In the night, the Fires are burning bright.
    The ritual has begun, Santa's work is done.

In honor of this year's conjoined efforts
    I present to you these gifts three.

Your Unholy Steward,
    @Lasbrook

One more with everyone together
    igg2vhld4827.jpg
    including Texas Cardboard

I've been on the forums for years but honestly only end up at SE+ for oddball threads i didn't find elsewhere, so I'm not always as familiar with things and people over here but this is awesome and the triple triple gift is a super cool use of the theme which puts my years of G&T "here's things" presentation to absolute shame.

This was absolutely fantastic @Lasbrook

And sorry it took me an extra day because i had to assemble an ikea worth of stuff today

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Fuck yeah, awesome, it got there quicker than I expected!

I'm glad you like it! My wife had fun making the masks and even hand embroidering some dumb shit on them. The one with roadblocks that says "NOPE" is my fave.

Please enjoy!

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    My personal favourite was the toot fish

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    I'm glad everything arrived ok! Sorry for the deceit, I just didn't want to have weird wrapped footballs, it turned out in my favor anyways because even just doing that divider I ran out of scotch tape. I definitely feel you on the ketchup front. I've been only keeping that spicy ketchup in the house for quite a while now but a couple of months back got a regular bottle of ketchup as part of a deal and it was so damn sweet. The diablo sauce I haven't actually had on it's own but it's one part of their queso recipe and it has a real good kick. Also if you line the books up they form a panorama which is neat.

Edit: I also have plans for at least one more thing in January, it just didn't fit the theme.

Lasbrook on
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I did also appreciate the "do not cut" on the book box with a bunch of tiny tape pieces. I understand the shipping struggle but everything is here safe.

We are going to try to use the diablo sauce in the diablo equivalent of a chipotle mayonnaise like you'd use for fish tacos tomorrow but ya know, we do also love queso

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Yeah, that box was just a bit overstuffed in a way that taping the box did not really hold at all by the time I was wrapping it even so I'm sure the warning wasn't needed but still the tolerances between book and box were such that I could see someone cutting through into book.

• TefTef Registered User regular
    You hand made that USB lamp? That looks awesome!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Pipe Lamps are the best!

I use mine daily!

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    JOTL is what Gloomhaven should have been. It's a watered-down version of the game but not in any of the bad connotations the phrase normally has. The scenario tilesets being in a spiral-bound book instead of these massively time-consuming puzzles to put together is also extremely good.

They're going to eventually do versions of it for the original game too, which I am looking forward to... Of course, we still need to play JOTL so...

no holiday forum this year!?

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Man, I miss Whataburger Spicy Ketchup.

And BOBs.

And Whataburger in general ...

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

Everyone is just too exhausted for a holiday, so we're just continuing business as usual while not going to work

Lalabox wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »

Everyone is just too exhausted for a holiday, so we're just continuing business as usual while not going to work

fair enough

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    A package from Carbide3d appeared yesterday. Which is odd because I didn't order anythi....
    Oh!
    emhyhwS.gif

Time to deploy my crack team of present inspectors! Well at least the bunny. The guinea pig didn't want to do anything that doesn't involve food.
    VEPMYObm.jpg
    Also it's hard to take holiday pet photos!

Box inspection, go!
    c9f4Bhfm.jpg

What is inside?
    s0IsF7Gm.jpg
    OH MAN!
    It's a threaded table for my CNC! And some clampy things!

She's helping me get things out:
    FzrQSI9m.jpg
    and setting things up:
    IqSrvCSm.jpg

But needed a bit of a snack break:
    uez5gK1m.jpg

All setup:
    DfkVJnXm.jpg

I'm holding the board at the end and those clamps do an amazing job of holding the work piece in place. I have a few metal projects planned that this rigid workholding is perfect for!

SUPER THANKS SATAN/SANTA! Reveal yourself so you can bask in my appreciation!

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Oh! @Radiation I missed your post when the forum switched to Holiday Mode!

I didn't ENTIRELY know what I was doing when picking out parts for ya, and USPS stopped giving me shipping notifications at all on the package, and I was REAL worried that I'd frigged up the whole situation. So glad to see that everything arrived and was welcome!

Also, uh, because USPS got a little funky, you may be receiving a second set of all the same stuff?

If so, happy second Christmas! If not, uh, pretend I said nothing.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    @Brolo just wanted to let you know I haven't had any other packages arrive, and I know you said there should be something else. I don't want you to miss your chance to get money back or whatever if it turns out to have got totally lost or was never sent.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    @Brolo just wanted to let you know I haven't had any other packages arrive, and I know you said there should be something else. I don't want you to miss your chance to get money back or whatever if it turns out to have got totally lost or was never sent.

ah, pook

yeah the delivery status went from "in transit" to "unavailable" and they haven't been responding over the holidays

we might have to switch to plan D!

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    @Tef I spent the other bit of my gift card over the holidays! I was considering getting a new headset for my PS5, but in the spirit of the gift card, I wanted to get something I may not otherwise buy for myself on a normal paycheque

So I got this little guy!
    jpw8o7najtfd.jpeg

It's called a Click and Grow! Basically, it's just a plastic setup with a timed set of LEDs and a water tank, and you can drop these "plant pods" in and have them start growing within a few days! Like my basil friend here, 4 days later
    xkcnbtqoienz.jpeg

I have some cilantro and chives on the way, and am excited to have fresh herbs in the middle of Canadian Winter! This thing is also apparently good for germinating plants before transplanting them to your garden, so it might play a role with my spring and summer veggie plans too!

Thanks again!!!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

ah, pook

yeah the delivery status went from "in transit" to "unavailable" and they haven't been responding over the holidays

we might have to switch to plan D!

:winky:

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    oh goddamit NOT LIKE THAT

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Oh hey! The regular forums exist again.
    emhyhwS.gif
    Earlier in the week received another package from @Moriveth
    Time for another picture of the gift and also a cat for no real reason.
    0up3wz5b7tbt.jpg
    Immediately hopped in to multiplayer, said my skill level was "so-so" then suffered a series of demoralizing losses, so it's nice to find I've been downgraded.
    Thanks again Mori! I look forward to remembering how to even.

steam_sig.png
    damn, when did that come out?!

gotta pick it up!

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Late November or early December I think.

steam_sig.png
  • N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    6J34LmD.gif

All right! During the Holiday Forum Extravaganza, I aquired a gift!
    BIImjPb.jpg

I'm super excited to use some of this in my classroom! It's going to be a glorious, fun, disaster, I'm sure! hahaha

N1tSt4lker on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    N1tSt4lker wrote: »
    6J34LmD.gif

BIImjPb.jpg

I'm super excited to use some of this in my classroom! It's going to be a glorious, fun, disaster, I'm sure! hahaha

@N1tSt4lker Merry Christmas! It is I who was your Santa!
    I was dismayed that our threads disappeared for so long, but I hope you enjoy the popsocket (I have a Millennium Falcon one that has become my new favorite fidget) and improv book!

If you take a picture of the book and send it to Evil Hat, they should provide a PDF version as well if that would be helpful!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    my gift has been sitting in sydney airport since 17 december

it got "processed by the air carrier" on 27 december

i really should have paid for express postage

Also, over the holidays @psykoma sent me a $120 gift voucher for sephora in addition to the already very generous makeup package

so, once we've reached the end of covid (and once i do a couple things like laser hair removal for my own sense of wellbeing) i can get a training session and some foundation that matches my skin tone

Thank you so very much once again

it's really special

@Cello i haven’t forgotten the personal part of your gift!

It involves a couple of other people, a fairly lengthy voyage, and a couple of ceremonies before it even leaves NZ. It might not make it for a while yet, but I really think you’ll like it when it does get there

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    @Cello i haven’t forgotten the personal part of your gift!

It involves a couple of other people, a fairly lengthy voyage, and a couple of ceremonies before it even leaves NZ. It might not make it for a while yet, but I really think you’ll like it when it does get there

No worries at all about the wait! I'm very excited to see it, and living in pandemic time it'll feel like it arrived yesterday anyway!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    edited January 2021
    Cello i haven’t forgotten the personal part of your gift!

wait are you sending blake's washing machine to canada

Lalabox on
    Lalabox wrote: »
    Cello i haven’t forgotten the personal part of your gift!

wait are you sending blake's washing machine to canada

https://youtu.be/3sX_sE31r9Q

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    N1tSt4lker wrote: »
    6J34LmD.gif

BIImjPb.jpg

@N1tSt4lker Merry Christmas! It is I who was your Santa!
    I was dismayed that our threads disappeared for so long, but I hope you enjoy the popsocket (I have a Millennium Falcon one that has become my new favorite fidget) and improv book!

If you take a picture of the book and send it to Evil Hat, they should provide a PDF version as well if that would be helpful!

Awesome! Thank you so much! Both popsocket and book are fantastic!

N1tSt4lker on
    While the forums were on holiday the holidays struck me!

On Christmas morning while still in bed my computer started to smell of sulfur. I decided to check it and indeed Satan had struck!
    C7AIRtQh.png
    Wait... gifts? Oh what's this scroll bar?
    SHN7N7vh.png
    I've been busy over the holidays, partially because I got a new hard drive and reformatted my entire system so I only got to check out C&C Remastered and a little bit of Hardcore Mecha. I'd never played Command & Conquer before so I'm a little surprised at how much the GDI campaign is focused around missions with a limited group of units to complete the mission. But it's fun to see the cutscenes and all the behind the scenes stuff you unlock. Hardcore Mecha, it's not what you're thinking I swear! Despite the hardcore moniker (I think they call it that because the designs hew a little closer to the real robot genre), it's a 2D sidescrolling action game that gets real anime. I've only played like 2-3 levels so far but I've already come across an antagonist pilot so rad that they completely stunted on my mech while they were on foot. I'll admit I haven't gotten around to Planet Coaster yet but I'm looking forward to some chill times building a park. As for the last game, I think I'm gonna wait until I have a good time to really get into it but I am excited to finally answer the question What is firewatch?

But as I was forewarned that was indeed not all. On a rather dreary and cold New Years Eve I was getting home from work and lo a package at my door!
    [oPbCnznh.jpg
    I eagerly tore into it to reveal it's contents:
    tPNOv4kh.jpg
    Oh shit it's the print versions of KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS! If y'all haven't read it's a metal as hell webcomic about a girl thrust into a world of angels and demons and flaming skeleton wheels she hardly understands to save her shitty boyfriend. The art and worldbuilding are both over the top and honestly I could use a refresher so this is perfect.

sjmtyPg.jpg
    Another book but more wordy this time! I did mention I am always down for more scifi books and the premise looks fun. Looks like it should make good bedtime reading. Also didn't a forumer write this or am I totally off base?

Last but not least:
    5ESses7.jpg
    Spice from the devil himself! I don't normally buy it but Old Bay is definitely something I had a lot during winter trips to Maryland to visit family as a kid. Pretty much a 1:1 association between crab and Old Bay in my mind. I need to put some thought into some dishes I can use this with for my next grocery delivery. Kinda curious how it might do in some tuna sandwiches, definitely seems it would be good on fries. We'll have to see how brave I get about trying to make my own crab cakes. I at least know a recipe.
    I'll be honest, I actually had to confer with Satan because I was unsure what exactly that bag was filled with. It's mushroom jerky! I don't really go in for jerked meats but this is nice. It has a good flavor and doesn't overstay it's welcome in regards to how long it takes to chew. I never did ask but I'm assuming you made it?

Thanks for everything, @Xaquin I really appreciate it.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Quoth afaik is the author of that one

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Merry Christmas!

I did indeed make the jerky =)

Is it weird that I thought that jerky was magic mushrooms?