As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Beyond Light: Out Now!

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I have a set of non-sunset armor in each element and consider that good enough.

I'll also build up a set of raid armor, but otherwise I'm good on legendary armor until my Arrivals-era armor gets sunset. I don't have much reason to chase the current season armor if it only lasts one season longer than my current stuff. I'm keeping around good rolls but not really using them right now.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Re: Mods

It's actually a bit ... odd right now.

First 3 slots are always the same, with just differences based on element. (Which only applies to a few things. I did a fairly extensive post on this awhile back.)

For the other slots:

Pre-Beyond Light armour can take all mods that go in the 4th slot.

Season of the Hunt and Beyond Light armour can take all the charged-with-light and warmind-cell mods, but not the other 4th slot mods (GoS or LW raid mods or Nightmare Hunt mods) So it's strictly worse then pre-Y4 armour when it comes to mods.

DSC armour is just like Beyond Light armour except it gets a 5th slot for DSC raid mods.

So yes, they somehow managed to not actually make the system sensible even with the overhaul. The infusion caps are the only reason Y3 armour is not the best armour to have. Other then I guess DSC armour if you want the raid mods but honestly they probably aren't worth it.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Oh Arbalest, you so crazy....

Jay, please hide your Arbalest before they take it away at some point, sos we can at least win some Trials.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    That is just on console, I am going to assume?

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Is that ricocheting off the wall behind the target?

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    My thinking here is that Stasis, or the update that brought it, has royally fucked up the hitboxes on everything. Which is why you get those ghost titans that de-sync.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2020
    I think it’s supposed to be a joke. Look at shot coming across during the first kill and his surroundings, and watch the kill feed in the second one (and again, what’s on screen when he’s not ads)

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Thanks for the armor advice guys. I knew about the element thing, but I spent a lot of time comparing the final/seasonal slot on Holdfast, Wild Hunt, Cystocrene and Seventh Seraph armor and just being like ? ?? ????

I think I may end up converting one of my pieces to void and then calling it a day until next season's season pass feeds me the good stuff. I think I melted down this season pass's good roll armor because the rolls didn't look any better to me than the masterworked stuff I have from last season.

There's no way to farm high-roll armor right? Like, I can obviously bias the roll for Wild Hunt rewards, but that doesn't mean the over all roll will be particularly high it seems.

august on
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Elki wrote: »
    I think it’s supposed to be a joke. Look at shot coming across during the first kill and his surroundings, and watch the kill feed in the second one (and again, what’s on screen when he’s not ads)

This is why twitter is the worst format for video.

The massive play bar that lingers too long completely obscured the icon joke

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »

This is why twitter is the worst format for video.

The massive play bar that lingers too long completely obscured the icon joke

I noticed something was wrong because there was no yellow damage.

Arbalest is still awesome though.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    People whining about a charged snipe shot when snipers exist just boggle me. Heaven forbid someone be rewarded for anticipating.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    My poor raid rng is really starting to get to me. Dropped 200 spoils on the final chest purely chasing any one of several hand cannon perk combos and got bupkiss.

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    What's-his-face, the vendor on earth (EDZ) is selling warlock gloves with 30 recovery this week, if anyone is into that kind of thing. A bit of disc/str on them as well (12 or so), and the rest of the stats are tanked of course. But, maybe a pickup for some people.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
  • Options
    I've been complaining in discord but basically, trials bad (well, worse than usual) because it's a map full of out-of-map exploit spots and bungie just fully booked out and refused to acknowledge it or reroll the map. I made it 5 yesterday and 6 today but lost out, mostly to people using the out of bounds glitches.

https://youtu.be/SIiZe-gvrUI

• Options
    Lots of big name streamers quitting in a dramatic fashion over the combo of Stasis breaking PvP and the general feeling that bungie doesn't care about trials or PvP enough to fix stuff like this

• Options
    GM Glassway is insanely hard, but it's finally done. Glad I never have to do it again ever.
    Lots of big name streamers quitting in a dramatic fashion over the combo of Stasis breaking PvP and the general feeling that bungie doesn't care about trials or PvP enough to fix stuff like this
    While I don't disagree that aspects of stasis are overtuned, streamers get in a huff every time something in the game allows average players to kill them. Mountaintop. Any other pinnacle weapon. Erentil. It's all complaints if their godly skills see them die to something :p

• Options
    If you were going to nerf each stasis class, how would you nerf them? I am biased as hell towards my Titan and so I can't actually think of what to nerf about it after a ..... lot of hours played. I just love the slide too much, I am thinking.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I still have a fun time messing around in PvP, if Trials and "competitive" Destiny suck for a while I'm ok with it. I enjoy Trials but honestly not stressing is pretty ok too.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    I've been complaining in discord but basically, trials bad (well, worse than usual) because it's a map full of out-of-map exploit spots and bungie just fully booked out and refused to acknowledge it or reroll the map. I made it 5 yesterday and 6 today but lost out, mostly to people using the out of bounds glitches.

https://youtu.be/SIiZe-gvrUI

I was wondering wtf was going on this week on that map till you mentioned the Trials thing in discord. And then I was like "Oh, so that's why suddenly half my matches on that map have people in weird places they shouldn't be able to get to".

Not that the spot I kept seeing them in seemed all that useful.

shryke on
  • Options
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I pretty much delete anything with dragonfly.

• Options
    Blackburn wrote:
    The Dragonfly perk was not designed to work with kinetic weapons and causes some technical errors.

I guess they coded it differently from firefly (Ace of Spades is a kinetic) and it's just impossible to cheaply fix? Also confirming Fatebringer is getting Firefly, NOT Dragonfly?

(Bungie gets away with more bullshit than any other developer, it's amazing)

• Options
    Remember when firefly would randomly crash your client in D1 and they never, ever fixed it? AFAIK, it still does it.

Shit, I suddenly feel compelled to go tool around Venus and no idea why.

• Options
    Nosf wrote: »
    Remember when firefly would randomly crash your client in D1 and they never, ever fixed it? AFAIK, it still does it.

I've been getting a hankering to reinstall D1, myself, and tool around for a week or so. No idea why and I'm honestly kind of irritated with myself.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Unless something has changed, dragonfly damage scales with the impact of the gun/killing blow that triggers it. So SMG's maybe aren't the best gun for it anyways.

This is why the main reason sunsetting bums me out is that my Subtle Calamity bow with dragonfly can't be a thing for me anymore. That thing just outright blew up packs of smaller enemies with one headshot.

• Options
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    If you were going to nerf each stasis class, how would you nerf them? I am biased as hell towards my Titan and so I can't actually think of what to nerf about it after a ..... lot of hours played. I just love the slide too much, I am thinking.

My opinion is to remove ice wall grenades entirely. Shatterdive should have like a minute cooldown on it.

For titans, the super is absolutely busted, so remove the ridiculous armor on super and tone down the charge punch range. I really hate the titan Slide but it can probably stay.

Warlocks... Still a strong class but the instant freeze feels bad man. I think. A global nerf to freeze times is fair. All freezes that aren't produced by a super should only last a maximum of 1 sec.

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »

I have for a while now as well. I blame it on the news that VoG is coming back (which - how is that going to work given that Venus isn't in D2? I guess a Vex gate on Europa or somewhere that leads to the Vault?) combined with all the Bray stuff in BL bringing back Venus memories.

Bringing back Fatebringer is a bold move. Wonder if it'll be an exotic this time.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    edited January 2021

My opinion is to remove ice wall grenades entirely. Shatterdive should have like a minute cooldown on it.

For titans, the super is absolutely busted, so remove the ridiculous armor on super and tone down the charge punch range. I really hate the titan Slide but it can probably stay.

Warlocks... Still a strong class but the instant freeze feels bad man. I think. A global nerf to freeze times is fair. All freezes that aren't produced by a super should only last a maximum of 1 sec.
    I have a ton of thoughts on this, but work getting in the way. I'll just say this...

Titan super is weird. Sometimes I feel like an unkillable god and have gotten frighteningly close to a Seventh Column using it, being stopped once only by two other supers that hit right when my super ended and my Bastion hadn't fired yet.

Other times, it feels like I get focused / gunned down quicker than Fist of Havoc does and get no one.

I'm assuming it's because I'm doing it wrong, sometimes, or due to the maps or maybe just that people are hanging back more and team shooting more. Some maps also allow a lot of the enemy fireteam to fire at you. I dunno.

...Bastion can still kill it in one blast, though :).

Bizazedo on
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/Gtu6c04yqrE

Granted I do not agree with every take here. I do agree hunters are far and away the strongest class, but the titan charge punch is basically a shoulder charge with like 5x the range. I know not everyone is playing like Destiny Fun Police but, I've encountered extremely strong titans in trials using it (and being extremely aggro with punch and slide).

I'm interested in them also exploring buffs to the light classes because I hate to say it but Stasis is just straight up fun to use. I'm okay with Shatterdive taking a big hit because it's extremely unfun to play against and kills most supers OHKO. That's something that needs to be changed ASAP.

• Options
    Shatterdive apparently killing folks in a Bubble is enough for me to say get the fuck out of here.

Behemoth is a great Titan class, but mostly for mobility that the other Titans lack. Because yeah, I use the melee like Hunters dodge. So I can see top tier players abuse folks. I just don't see how you don't neuter the kit and still Hunters have advantage for most skill levels.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Titan does not feel that strong to me and a lot of people I talk to think it's even worse then I do. Maybe it's a PC thing or something, but the melee is just incredibly inconsistent with terrible tracking. And with that basically being the attack on the super, you run into the same issues trying to kill people in super.

Like I said last page, Hunter just shouldn't have Shatterdive. It makes no sense with the class's focus. Remove it and replace it with some other skill that gives Hunters a way to slow. Hell, make it Slowdive and give it the same animation but it does damage and slows on impact instead of shattering.

EDIT:
    Also letting you get frozen in super feels SUPER SUPER bad. A lot of close-range roaming supers feel almost useless these days because as soon as you go in you get frozen and then focus-fired down before or just as you unfreeze.

shryke on
  • Options
    I think once you know what you're doing with the titan punch, it's insane. I understand not everyone can pull it off, but I've been pursued around tight corners with the punch. It's like the arc titan superman melee, but you do it from standing and can track easily around corners. If they hit you square on its a OHKO pretty much every time.

I was just playing with a LFG titan who was absolutely ape with the punch and slide. He would use shotgun/steady hand and just obliterated the entire team by himself. Of course hunter is easier to use and spam, it's obviously the thing that needs most addressing, but once they do titans will be the strongest stasis class left for sure.

• Options
    Separate rules for PVP and PVE. Nerfing PVE to save PVP is a load of shit. How long did Blizzard try before they threw up their hands and broke the rules up in WoW?

• Options
    It took me a bit to get used to the Titan punch, but now that I am....it's obscene, in super and outside of super, but I don't think it's OP. The thing with the normal punch is that it's counterable by other players if they melee back. It'll prevent the knockback. That is, amusingly, usually enough to kill the Titan since chances are they took damage on incoming. It's good, but I think it's fine due to that. The shoulder charge, by comparison, is an insta-kill. The Titan stasis charge punch is not.

Both are also expended abilities, too, except the Stasis one actually even is consumed without making contact (which is fine and fair).

The super version of the punch is usually a one hit (except against enemy supers except for, maybe, Golden Gun?). Once I got used to how I have to hold the button down and steer, it became very powerful....but mainly on smaller, more focused maps. Twilight Gap, Pacifica, Wormhaven, etc., it feels very very strong. Altar of Flame, Midtown, Widow's Court? Much less so because, while it's faster in a straight line than fist of havoc, fist of havoc is far more maneuverable and can dodge / react to enemies faster. When the Titan hits either their punch or their smash in Behemoth, they're VERY linear and very vulnerable.

Don't get me wrong, the kit is still extremely good, but it's still a full tier below Hunter. I don't know what I'd do to it to weaken it that wouldn't totally crush the class, tbh.

• Options
    I'm more focused on the range of it over the potency. With the slide into a charge punch you can cross a room in seconds.

I'm fairly certain the next patch will address Shatterdive and probably nerf the size of the crystal explosions. Which will leave titans the only untouched Stasis class, and I think they'll just steamroll over people once Shatterdive is taken out back and shot.

• Options
    Nerfing crystal explosions also nerfs Titans.
    I mean, it may be necessary, but it hits Titans who were also supposed to be the more Crystal class.

• Options
    Thing about shatterdive is without the aspect the damage and range isn’t that impressive. The aspect is the big problem and what turns it into a super killer.

Someone...Truevanguard or Coolguy or Drewsky, forget...did a vid testing the numbers, though took it down after vile internet vitriol from people who just want to cancel shatter dive came their way.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    I have never gotten so many hate messages since I started using Bastion every chance I get....and it's usually from Hunters rocking Felwinters. I love it.

Bizazedo on
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Those same people hate the Arbalest but rock snipers every chance they get, it's bizarre.