As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [NHL] Thread - On Dadanov’s No-Trade List

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Bring back the Norris Division.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    While I'm not surprised, I'm still disappointed.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Shit like this dissuades me from watching games.

• Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    Grossssssssss

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    If there is any year to push as much of this shit through as possible it is definately now, when all leagues are basically making no money.

The further fans are out of stands and all this shit is just televised the worse it'll get, unfortunately.

Like, fans being in the stands wasn't gonna stop them from doing it before, but at least they had reason for pushback.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Yeah that's pretty embarrassing

Scotland will surely be pleased we named the Canadian division after them though

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular

An NHL source tells ESPN that selling the naming rights to its divisions is viewed internally as a one-year only campaign.

Sure, Jan

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Do
    Not

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
  • Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Well, that escalated quickly.....

• Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    So, I don't love it, but understand it considering how gate driven the NHL is.

I'll save my outrage for when they start trying to preface the team names with sponsorships.

• Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Yeah that's pretty embarrassing

Scotland will surely be pleased we named the Canadian division after them though

I heard Canada has some kind of "New Scotland"

• Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    I honestly don't mind this, though MassMutual is a stupid brand name, says man who has never heard of it.

Hell, let's sponsor the awards trophies too: " and now, the "Pampers Calder Memorial Trophy" for rookie of the year!

:so_raven:
  • Options
    And now to present the Stanley® Stanley Cup....

• Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    The NHL hockey you love brought to you by Some Company You Hate

• Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    The Mark Messier Leadership Award presented by Trump Steaks.

:so_raven:
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Can't wait for the new sweaters to look like NASCAR outfits

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Why on earth are they still going to do the World Juniors this year? Are they stupid? Just cancel the damn tournament, it happens every freaking year. Who cares if we miss a year.

I was on record saying this tournament shouldn’t have happened, so let’s never speak of it again

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Honestly, if (big if) the divisional sponsorships is a deal for only this season, then I welcome it. NHL teams get more of their money from gate receipts/gameday concessions than any other major (north) american pro sport. The TV deals are a much smaller percentage of revenue compared to the NFL/NBA/MLB/etc. As long as they can't get fans in seats, they need to do some creative things as a league to raise funds, otherwise a few teams are going to fold between now and whenever the USA gets its shit together on the pandemic.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

no idea who the tweeter is but the important part is
    Theresa Feaster, the first female assistant coach at the men's World Junior Championship AND first female coach to win gold🥇

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Shayna is 1/3 of the Too Many Men Podcast and is fairly prominent on Hockey Twitter. She also writes for either The Athletic or is a Rangers beat writer. And finally, she makes great hockey-team-themed masks on her Etsy! (I got the Gritty one!)

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Dallas stars just had to cancel their practice and they aren't allowed to say why*

*multiple nhl insiders were told its because of a covid outbreak on the team

• Options
    Oh hey,

Columbus just pulled a bunch of players out before practice due to "an abundance of caution and the nhls covid protocols"

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    this is going well

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Dallas stars just had to cancel their practice and they aren't allowed to say why*

*multiple nhl insiders were told its because of a covid outbreak on the team

6 players and 2 staff.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I saw he was banned, but I didn't see any screenshot of what he said to get banned.

Is his podcast gone,too?

• Options
    i would like to say for the record i haven't really followed closely in a year or two, so i decided to see what the Rangers were up to since we're getting hockey back shortly and i can actually watch this year and this is the first time i'm learning DeAngelo exists

and uh

oof

• Options
    So uh, I’m sure everyone remembers all those Evander Kane with stacks of cash photos. So much for that.....

• Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2021/01/mike-milbury-out-nbc/

Milbury officially never to return to NBC sports.

Which is both not surprising, but also super surprising because he was an awful and offensive moron for the first 14 years of his tenure...so really what changed(budget cutting).

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Wait. Ex coach Mike Babcock as an analyst?

Do they ever look at the giant drum of Hockey Men they can pick from, with the worst floating on top, and think, "maybe not this time"?

Mugsley on
  • Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Wait. Ex coach Mike Babcock as an analyst?

Do they ever look at the giant drum of Hockey Men they acn pick from, with the worst floating on top, and think, "maybe not this time"?

They do not.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    NBC has done so much damage to the sport in America, it's honestly depressing. Really hope that someone else outbids them when the next TV contract comes up, because they've had it forever and somehow keep getting worse.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    I still don't want the colorpuck from Fox

• Options

the be fair these days you can read the logo on the puck while it's in motion

it wasn't the worst idea back when 19" was a large tv

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »

the be fair these days you can read the logo on the puck while it's in motion

it wasn't the worst idea back when 19" was a large tv

When you watch old highlights you really gotta wonder how we ever tolerated sports on TV back then....

• Options
    So, uh, anything hockey related going on today?
    LET’S GO!!!

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    oldmanken wrote: »
    LET’S GO!!!

The stars have 17 covid cases, so covid is going on today.

• Options
    LD50 wrote: »
    oldmanken wrote: »
    LET’S GO!!!

The stars have 17 covid cases, so covid is going on today.

As a Texas resident, not terribly surprised. It’s a shitshow up in this state!

• Options
    LeTwigLeTwig Registered User regular
    Just opened up Hulu to check on game coverage only to see that Fox Sports Detroit is no longer there. Seems the only way to stream local games now is to subscribe to AT&T's streaming service for $80/month or nhl.com and a vpn. Why are we moving backwards in 2021.

This discussion has been closed.