As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dissidia Mobile] Aranea you folks gonna skip the new Global First character?

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Welcome back, thread.

I don't know why, but I decided I wanted Beatrix LD. Naturally it just. wouldn't. drop. So there goes a pity pull. Also decided to double down on wasting resources by picking up Cloud's BT with tokens. Ah well, easy come easy go.

@Feldorn - Ciaran impressed me in this go around, he can be a monster at full stacks (S2 does full damage to all targets at 5 stacks). Unfortunately, his LD is what fixes stack management. He's still ok but having to juggle stacks is less fun. Krile and Layle are serviceable but won't really be impressive compared to new characters/reworked ones. Pretty much any character can work as long as you are willing to give it a go though.

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Thanks for the info. I am a bit sad that I didn’t have the resources to pull his LD, especially since I don’t see him on any banners on FFOOTip. That said, he’ll still be usable with his EX+. Is there any way to get a characters LD with some sort of token outside of banners?

Pulling for Ciaran got me all of Krile’s gear MLB, and she gives an extra ATK buff that goes well with Rude. At least she is usable if not top-end. I’ll stick with Setzer or Ciaran until I’ve got a better option.

As a newb I’m looking at every character I’ve got gear for to handle DE and Abyss.

For ingots, are those a lot muted resource? It looks like there are some in DE and Abyss, but other than that it’s events, hunt tokens, and $$.

As an aside, I’m having fun launching with every move in Cloud’s burst, thou my team may not like it as much.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    If you fire off Krile EX right before Cloud's burst, that'll help with launch damage, I think? Don't know that I'd recommend the ingot investment, though.

Red ingots are a pretty tight resource, yes. DE Entropy has a ton of them waiting for you as you progress. There are also some waiting for you in Lost Chapters.

Currently no way to get LD other than drawing it on a banner that features it.

DE Order and DE Pathos do not expect you to have EX+ weapons, btw.

• Options
    perhaps I'll work on some CL for the roster I have and look into the first couple DE areas, though clearing out Lost Chapters might be better for now.

my next 3 ingots are slated for Rude right now, barring a change in roster, but after that I wasn't sure where I would be going.

speaking of, if I have Cloud's burst, do I need to keep his EX+ after 3/3 or can it be sold for another ingot?

• Options
    If you have a burst weapon for a character, yes, you can/should sell their EX+3 weapon for the ingot refund.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    This game has decided that I will not get Rude or Beatrix's LDs. I'm kind of upset about that, Beatrix has always been a favorite character of mine. I'd be more upset about Rude if they played the Turks theme whenever you paired Reno and Rude, but they don't, so oh well.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Working on CL and surprisingly the lowest rank crystal is my bottleneck.

About SB farming, is it worth to just farm wild points with 3 Synergy characters over carrying what I can with 1 or 2? Or starting out should I just farm the Synergy characters and call it?

EDIT: A note to anyone running Cloud in the event, if you are going to burst, do so on the second round. If you wait you can launch every turn AND you team will have their BRV+(+) and/or HP+(+) attacks up.

Open with (Critical Crush, Call) Blade Beam, BURST, Finishing Touch, target other with Blade Beam, Finishing Touch, target other with Metorain (or anything), Finishing Touch, Cross Slash or Metorain to finish.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    For summon boarding, use your strong synergy character as the team anchor and switch out the other 2 after they get the points (or near the points) you need.

Activating a mog card, as well as exp books, will make the process go much faster.

Edit: specifically, the boosted synergy character (pink aura when you are selecting your team), as they provide double points earned for the whole party. Regular x2 characters just get double for themselves.

Elderlycrawfish on
  • Options
    Summon board farming:
    Generally, once a given character has their 6500 points for a particular summon, you should move on. The only exception is maybe your best "special boosted" character, the ones that have the pink glow around their portrait - Cloud et al.

Wild points gained for one fight are always the same, regardless of who's in your party. The characters in your party either get regular summon points, or double summon points. Characters who have 2x XP from being a featured character in an active event will get the double summon points; also, anyone who is in a party with a special boosted character gets the double summon points, but those bonuses don't stack. So it's kind of wasteful, in a way, to run multiple special boosted in the same party - think of special boost as turning on the doubler for their friends.

What does stack with all of the above, are consumable 2x or 3x XP "support" items, which the community collectively refers to as "books". Generally, whenever you're farming anything, you want to have an appropriate book running. Some folks will recommend spending gems on triple XP and/or item drop books whenever they're on sale, to help cut down the insane grind. That's really up to you; I have oodles of leftover books from all the login bonuses over the whole time I've been playing, but I could see how that might be very helpful to someone just starting.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    So I started playing this a month or so ago again. Had to start over because my Facebook link is gone since they stopped doing that, and the account is in Narnia. So far I've got:

Ignis 15, 35, 70
    Gladiolus 15, 35, 90
    Celes 15, 35, 70
    and.. ugh.. Sephiroth 15, 35, 90, and burst.

I also have Cloud's burst, but I have like nothing for him, and I'm already dirtying myself with one FF7 edgelord. ;)

My team generally has been Gladio, Celes, and Sephiroth, sometimes swapping Celes for Ignis if I'm fighting something tougher. All this is to say I'm having fun playing casually again, and hoping I'll see some real equipment for Celes sometime soon.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    @Fry so basically, I only get one x2 bonus for SS and the can bring whoever?

In this case I could carry teams with Cloud.

• Options
    Feldorn wrote: »
    Fry so basically, I only get one x2 bonus for SS and the can bring whoever?

In this case I could carry teams with Cloud.

Yeah, carrying folks with Cloud is a great option. Pretty much the only way you're going to do better than that is if you can make a functional team out of non-SS characters who are x2, like if you can make a functional team out of Rude + Beatrix + Steiner, that would be more efficient than using a Cloud who's already done with a given board with two other folks.

• Options
    I’m trying not to burn myself out on farming. I’m still working on unlocking all the summons.

• Options
    Speaking of which, I did some summon board farming using a 2x character and two slugs who I never use to get more draw tickets (just use your friend for five turns instead of one of the slugs, they'll usually wipe the summon easily by themselves), and got both Beatrix and Rude's LDs. So apparently the secret is, come in here to complain and then get all the stuff.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Question about increasing my mBRV.

I have my Rude with all MLB weapons, and his EX+ 0/3 armor, I know I get some mBRV from that.

I have 28k mBRV when I start a quest, and can increase that a little, but I regularly see characters rocking 40k+ (at quest start). Is that down to Summon Boards, or is it more likely to be a buff? I'm looking at Cloud and Rude specifically since I've seen them a lot recently.

• Options
    Question about increasing my mBRV.

I have my Rude with all MLB weapons, and his EX+ 0/3 armor, I know I get some mBRV from that.

I have 28k mBRV when I start a quest, and can increase that a little, but I regularly see characters rocking 40k+ (at quest start). Is that down to Summon Boards, or is it more likely to be a buff? I'm looking at Cloud and Rude specifically since I've seen them a lot recently.

You get about a hundred more or less of each stat per board (IIRC, iBrv/mBrv is like 120 or something, Atk is 112, Def is 90ish, HP is 500), x 10 boards. Plus anything from a board passive, character boards, artifact passives. Then factor in buffs from other teammates, etc.

Also if the character is boosted for a particular event.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Thanks, sounds like that is probably what I'm missing then. thanks.

I've got 2 mastered so far, and working on getting all the summons unlocked and leveled up.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    Yeah, each summon board individually doesn't seem like much, but they add up.

If you haven't been referencing them already, "Tonberry Troupe" has recommendations for summon passives for each character, and it's rare that I disagree with them.

• Options
    I've been going through their infographics quite a bit...

• Options
    With the summon passives that I unlock, are those always active, or only active when I have that summon in the party?

• Options
    With the summon passives that I unlock, are those always active, or only active when I have that summon in the party?

They're always active, so long as you have the passive equipped. Doesn't matter which summon you are using.

• Options
    Question on G Tokens:
    Should I get the book if I’ve still got enough pages for a couple, or would the power stone serve me better early on?

• Options
    One power stone isn't much; if you're sitting on 200 G tokens, I'd probably go for the book.

• Options
    It seems like more when I have 5 and many weapons that could use an LB :rotate:

Book makes more sense, but I didn’t want to fall into a newb trap unawares.

• Options
    Another thing I was wondering, can I remove a call?

Not just replace it with a different character, but unequip a call ability entirely from a character.

• Options
    Another thing I was wondering, can I remove a call?

Not just replace it with a different character, but unequip a call ability entirely from a character.

Yes, you can drag the equipped call either back into its position in the roster, or drag it off into empty space. You can also remove your second and third character from your party altogether in a similar fashion. First character can't be removed, though.

• Options
    I would like to re-iterate my dislike of Lufenia due to the fact I'm bad at it. Everything sails along and then I'm dead. Whoops.

It's really my own fault, I was doing Beatrix Lufenia and delayed them so much they never applied any buffs I could remove to increase the counter.

• Options
    411Randle wrote: »
    I would like to re-iterate my dislike of Lufenia due to the fact I'm bad at it. Everything sails along and then I'm dead. Whoops.

It's really my own fault, I was doing Beatrix Lufenia and delayed them so much they never applied any buffs I could remove to increase the counter.

I did it with Cloud, Lightning, and Ami. Did delay the shit out of them, but Cloud dispels them just slow enough that by the time the buffs are all gone, you hit another HP threshold and they get more buffs without having to take a turn.

• Options
    Got Xande’s kit it 5 total pulls, so I’ll save up for now. He won’t be usable for quite some time, but at least it’s there.

• Options
    I, uhh, did it with about 50 tickets. Had to pick up his 35 with tokens though. Kind of a relief since I spent so much on Bea's LD.

Am I the only one who raised an eyebrow at his Syrcus Tower icon? It's like Dr. Manhattan's dong is floating over his head and I can't unsee it.

• Options
    Firion is next on my radar, then Decil, and I hear Ramza is someone I'm interested in.

How long will I be playing before I can collect the power stones for upgrades? Is that something that works out in a few months? I still need tokens for Cloud's 35 and WoI weapon, though maybe I can get the 35 in March with the new Start Dash banner.

• Options
    Free pulls were Firion-free, but I snagged Golbez EX and 2 Irvine EXs, which rounds out the rest of the stuff on these banners I was missing.

Tickets were pretty dire but I eventually got a couple more Golbez EXs and finally, Firion LD. Don't think I'm going to actively try for his BT, but hope for the best in the next few banners I guess.

• Options
    Threw 20k into Firions banner and walked away with his LD and all the EXs.

I’ll probably put tickets into it because I need some dupes to get any of the useable.

I think I’ll go for the DKCecil banner next, and try to save for Ramza too.

• Options
    I did DE 19 with Firion LD, Xande LD, and Rude LD. Bit overkill on healing, but that works out ok since Rude converts it all to BRV gain.

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    I did DE 19 with Firion LD, Xande LD, and Rude LD. Bit overkill on healing, but that works out ok since Rude converts it all to BRV gain.

I copied this, it was a fun team! Overkill on the BRV gain most of the time too, but very comfortable fight with very little to be worried about.

I was debating trying to save Firion or Rude for later but I realized DE 20 is the last one left of this tier? Not much point in holding back now.

Also finally got around to finish up outstanding Lufenia stages. Beatrix was a nail biter, but the Xande one was not too bad at all.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Woosh, Decil is a monster now, that's a lot of damage he can do. Though I'm always nervous about characters/playstyles that need to stay at low HP for maximum power.

My dumb luck has been holding for the last few events. Got Exdeath LD and Firion BT, then Decil's LD within a few tickets. Spent more tickets for Exdeath EX and it finally dropped. Power stone and ingot stash got demolished as a result.

Ramza is mah boy so I'm expecting to drain my resources for him next week. That should help build up power stones again. :P

Edit: Boss Rush was fun but breezy; super counterattack team of Gau, Gladio, and Firion made it through the first two stages and did 10% damage in the final stage, Team 2 of Cloud Rude Decil mopped up the end boss.

Elderlycrawfish on
  • Options
    Balthier is our next GL-first LD holder, congratulations to whoever guessed Balthier?

Ton of stuff incoming, next month is free pulls galore. I'll see if I can find a write-up if Fry doesn't get to it first.

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    I'm super stoked for Balthier. He's one of my all time favorite FF characters and has been my support unit since he released.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    Sloppy copy/paste from reddit
    Various Additions & QoL Improvements - Jan 26 (after maintenance)

"Party Used" Screen

Easily view party composition from the Quest Clear screen

Draw- Related

Daily Free Single Draw added (usable once daily on one existing banner)

Free Draw Available notification added to the Home screen

Abyss-Related

Restricted Characters screen added (similar to Dimensions' End feature)

Crystal-Related

Crystal inventory limit increased (9,999 -> 99,999)

Crystal color's name added to Crystal Strength enhancement screens

New Feature: Elite Hunts - Jan 26th (after maintenance)

Exchange Dissidia Points for an Elite Hunt Application, granting a random Elite Hunt Permit

Defeat the Elite Mark before the permit expires for Daily Hunt Tokens!

Notes:

Elite Hunts do not replace Daily Hunts

Limit 1 Elite Hunt Application per week

Rewards are the same regardless of Elite Mark

New Feature: Status Badge - Jan 26th (after maintenance)

Personalize your name with a Status Badge at the end!

Obtain with Badge Tokens or from special events/campaigns

7 Badges avialable after mainteannce, more added over time

You'll never have enough Tokens to own all available Badges at the same time (Choose wisely!)

Appears in Co-op Quests and the Co-ops/Friends screen, too!

World of Illusions: Divine Diabolos - Jan 27th

Ramza BT + LD Banners!

Co-op Event From the Dark It Comes until Feb 15th

Earn Illusion Points from new LV150 Quest and strengthen Diabolos with Daabolos's Illusion Boards!

Earn more Illusion Points with an active Moogle Pass!

Divine Boost Event - Earn more Illusion Points using more Featured Characters!

Crystal Awakening cap for Maria, Freya, Paine, Yda, Ramza, and Machina

Ramza rework too!

LD Boards + LD Call Abilities - Jan 27th

LD Boards

Contains nodes with Passives that enhance the LD Ability, and a node to unlock their LD Call Ability

Added over time, generally for an event's primary featured character(s)

LD Boards with Divine Diabolos

LD Call Ability

Allows the equipped Call of that character to use a variant of their LD ability

Equipped alongside their normal Call Ability

Note: You cannot mix one character's Call Ability with another character's LD Call Ability

3rd Anniversary Campaign - Jan 31st - Mar 1st

Daily FREE Multi Draw on the 3rd Anniversary Draw! (via 3rd Anniversary Draw Ticket daily login missions)

Anniversary Gigantuar with additional Daily Missions for Daily Hunt Tokens!

FREE First Multi Draws on select banners! * Ramza banners not included

One-Time Login Bonus Celebratory Status Badge! 3rd badge

Chocobo Panel Missions Featuring 2 Status Badges! 3rd - Jan 31st - Feb 16th and mog cake badge - Feb 16th - Mar 2nd

7-Day Login Bonus Periods - Earn a different reward each day! Tickets, orbs, pots, feathers, EX Token, and BT token

Half-SP for World of Illusions: Summon Trials

Cycle Quest Rewards x2 and Kactuar Appearance Rate x2

3rd Anniv. GEm Sales + 10% Back Campaign - Jan 31st - Mar 1st

Includes a various assortment of enhancement items such as Realization Materials! 2 Special Sale Periods from Jan 31st - Feb 16th and Feb 16th - Mar 2nd

10% Back Campaign

Any purchase from the Gem Shop during the campaign will give 10% Bonus Gems (baed on initial, non-free gems)

Bonus Gems will be sent earl-to-mid March

Refer to the in-game notice for more details

FF Portal App Points Campaign - Feb 1st - Feb 28th

Earn points in the FINAL FANTASY PORTAL APP, get rewards in DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY OPERA OMNIA!

Updated rewards - 80,000 points crystals, 600,000 ponts - x1 bloom token and x60 bloom shard, 1,100,000 pts - x20 armor token and x25 weapon tokens, 1,200,000 pts - ?

Caius Lost Chapter + Guy Event

Caius LC Keeper of the Farseer on Feb 2nd

Caius gets a rework

Challenge Quest until Feb 16th

Caius featured in Guy's Event! High Eidojas, EX Artifact Orbs as Link Bell rewards!

Limited-Time Gem + Costume Bundle for Noel

New Character Guy's event Gentle Giant from Feb 5th - 19th

First Multi Draw FREE! (both banners)

Ramza featured in both!

LD Boards for Caius and Guy

Beat Back Challenge + Jack Lost Chapter

Co-Op Event Operation Airborne Interception from Feb 9th - Feb 23rd

New BT + LD Banners! until Feb 26th

Limited-Time Gem + Costume Bundle

Jack's LC The Power of Ignorance is on Feb 11th. Challenge Quest until Feb 25th

First Multi Draw FREE! (all 3 banners) BT Character featured in all 3!

LD Boards for Penelo and Jack

Dimension's End: Entropy - Tier 20

Themes: Tough against non-weakness damage, becomes tough against BRV damage.

Advice: Characters with weakness damage, BRV giains.

Rank Plate requirement update: Diamond ~ Tier 20, Myhtril - Tier 19, Platinum - Tier 18 ~ 15, Gold - Tier 14 ~ 10, Silver - Tier 9 ~ 5, Bronze - Tier 4 ~ 1

Dimension's End: Total Entropy - Feb 19th - Mar 5th (Draw)/ Mar 19th (Missions)

Free first, 10+1 multi draw and other fabulous bonuses in celebration of Entropy's completion!

Previous Limited-Time Missions Re-opened! * Cannot re-clear if cleared previously.

Additional Limited-Time Missions for Tiers 15, 18, 20! No glitch of gems like in JP. Middle ground is rewards for Tier 18 instead. Will not be the same reward amount as JP got.

BT Character featured!

Limited-Time Panel Missions! Earn realization materials, gems and more!

Act 3 Interlude - Short Stories - Feb 22nd - Feb 28th

What happens between Acts 2 and 3? Find out in seven special short stories!

Q&A screenshots uploaded but I missed some of them. I apologize

GL-First Balthier LD + Costume! - Jan 31st - Feb 16th

LD Weapon is Sirius

Balthier's Lv 80 Awakening, too!

Limited-Time Gem + Costume Bundle

Based on Balthier's cameo appearnce in FINAL FANTASY TACTICS: The Way of the Lions!

No LD Board

Balthier LD Ability Details

LD Ability: Tides of Fate

Values below assume LB3.

Uses: 3

Removes all debuffs from party

Grants 3 levels WAy of the Sky Pirate, 8 turns

Steals 3 buffs from each enemy, extends 1 turn

8-hit group ranged BRV attack + group HP attack (total HP DMG each enemy)

(Weapon/Passive effect) Enables special effect Sky-Plying Strahl

Special Effect: Sky-Plying Strahl

Starts quest at level 1; maximum 5

Increases 1 level after Balthier's turn; addt'l 1 level after stealing buff

*Effects:

Level 1: Atk +50%

Level 2: Add MAX BRV + 50%

Level 3: Add BRV DMG + 20%

Level 4: Add HP DMG + 20%

Level 5: Extend effects to party

From LD Limit Break 3

Brv Attack ++

3-hit ranged BRV attack

Often steals random buff from target

Increases active Way of the Sky Pirate by 1

HP Attack++

3-hit ranged BRV + HP attack

Increases active Way of the Sky Pirate by 1

(LB1: Tides of Fate BRV DMG +10%; ATK +20%) (LB2: Extends debuff clease SELF->PARTY: ATK +20%) (LB3: Use+1; Unlocks BRV++/HP++; ATK +20%)

Limited-Time Abyss & Co-op Event - Jan 31st - Feb 16th

Abyss: A Lead to the Thick of it

Strahl in the Woods limited-time co-op quests!

Based on Feywood from FINAL FANTASY XII!

Includes Normal and Hard difficulties

First Multi Draw FREE featuring Balthier LD and Ramza BT!

GL-First Weapon Gloss - Golden Kactgun - Jan 31st - Mar 1st

Equippable by Gun-type characters

Notes about Purchased weapon glosses

Does not count toward Inventory space (gloss-only)

Does not require LImit Breaking / leveling to use

No equip quantity limit ( can be simultaneously equipped by multiple characters)

Balthier has a nice LD building aura that eventually spreads to party, but it doesn't seem like he has a rework, and definitely not an LD board. He does get crystal level 80 though. I think it's a solid kit but I'm already seeing lots of complaints. Eh.

• Options
    ATK and Max BRV +50% is a decent support aura, and BRV and HP up 20% is quite good. Stealing buffs is occasionally very relevant. I think he'll be fine, but not broken.