As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Washington]🦀Tim Eyman fined $2.6M, banned from directing political cmte finances🦀

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Inslee extended shut down protocol till january 4th. Right wing idiots are already stamping their feet, some restaurant in Chehalis has outwardly said they'll flaunt the regulations and will apparently be fined 9k a day by the government.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Preacher wrote: »
    Inslee extended shut down protocol till january 4th. Right wing idiots are already stamping their feet, some restaurant in Chehalis has outwardly said they'll flaunt the regulations and will apparently be fined 9k a day by the government.

Chehalis, is where the one rich, right winger , who owns and always has that anti Dems anytime ,Uncle Sam sign right off I-5 North bound and not too far away from a Church?

Checks out.

Ticaldfjam on

Chehalis, is where the one rich, right winger , who owns and always has that anti Dems anytime ,Uncle Sam sign right off I-5 North bound and not too far away from a Church?

Checks out.

Most of the state outside of the big 3 is right wing. But as we saw from the governors election that's just empty land and getting emptier.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular

Checks out.

I drive constantly for work. You have no fucking clue how much I hate that sign.

If the world goes for any of the various apocalypse options, getting that sign will be my mission in life.

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    So, some right-wing terrorist made a bomb threat at the Spokane County Democratic Party offices today.

https://www.kxly.com/portion-of-division-st-closed-heavy-police-presence-in-the-area/

He had a backpack with wires sticking out of it and started a small fire in the building, though police say they did not find any explosives. Also wanted to drop off a manifesto. The perpetrator is in custody and his name has not been released yet.

Note: this was in the Teamsters building on Division

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    knitdan wrote: »
    So, some right-wing terrorist made a bomb threat at the Spokane County Democratic Party offices today.

https://www.kxly.com/portion-of-division-st-closed-heavy-police-presence-in-the-area/

He had a backpack with wires sticking out of it and started a small fire in the building, though police say they did not find any explosives. Also wanted to drop off a manifesto. The perpetrator is in custody and his name has not been released yet.

Note: this was in the Teamsters building on Division

I'm sure this is an isolated incident of poor mental health and nothing more will need to be said.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Ugh, one of my neighbors in Seattle had their camper stolen. They'd been planning for months (and quarantining for weeks) to do a road trip with their family. What a bummer.

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Doc wrote: »
    Ugh, one of my neighbors in Seattle had their camper stolen. They'd been planning for months (and quarantining for weeks) to do a road trip with their family. What a bummer.

Goddamn that sucks. This is not a year where people need disappointments or massive financial hits.

We have snow in the Seattle area, this is not a drill, prepare for idiots sliding in the snow stories for days. THIS IS NOT A DRILL PEOPLE!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Today was the day my dad wanted to make sure we moved a TV to his cabin on an island off San Juan.

It was raining when we got on the ferry and it was slush in the ground of Friday harbor.

wbBv3fj.png
    False alarm snow is already gone. Which is the most PNW thing

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I parked my car in a river today. It's back to being a road now, but earlier it was a river.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I'm glad to see Jenny go but we are really great at voting in terrible mayors.

word on the street is that the chamber of commerce doesn't really have much of a bench right now so we might be able to sneak in another activist mayor like McGinn; such a mayor would be way more effective right now since the city council is majority Actual Democrat instead of majority Cryptoshithead like it was a decade ago

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    We have snow in the Seattle area, this is not a drill, prepare for idiots sliding in the snow stories for days. THIS IS NOT A DRILL PEOPLE!

I'm just here for more videos of cars sliding down hills.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    I'm glad to see Jenny go but we are really great at voting in terrible mayors.

word on the street is that the chamber of commerce doesn't really have much of a bench right now so we might be able to sneak in another activist mayor like McGinn; such a mayor would be way more effective right now since the city council is majority Actual Democrat instead of majority Cryptoshithead like it was a decade ago

McGinn was hugely popular with the Vietnamese community because of his support for the Vietnamese flag, but I don't know if that's still possible in a post-Trump era where the Vietnamese community has leaned further republican.

I guess it's a guess it's a good think there won't be a republican on the mayoral ballot, but still.

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Culp has decided that he's getting in on the election contest grift:
    More than a month since losing to Gov. Jay Inslee, Republican Loren Culp has continued to raise money with unsubstantiated claims of vote fraud.

His efforts to sow doubt about an election he lost by more than a half-million votes have failed to draw support from the state GOP and have been rejected by Republican Secretary of State Kim Wyman.

Culp, taking a page from President Donald Trump’s playbook, has told supporters he’ll “never concede.” He filed a lawsuit against Wyman two weeks ago in King County Superior Court, seeking an audit of ballots and voting machines in five counties.

Prominent Republicans, though, have grown weary of Culp’s postelection challenges, which he has used to raise at least $55,000 since Election Day.

Meanwhile, Culp’s own campaign spending has raised questions among some veteran GOP consultants and political insiders.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    Oh man that's really sad, who's giving Culp money?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Culp has a lot of free time, cut him some slack

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2020

100 bucks says the Owner of that famous billboard in Chehalis, WA. Sounds the type that would bankroll Culp's bullshit.

I also love how the Washington State GOP response to Culp was like, "Are you fucking serious?"

Ticaldfjam on

100 bucks says the Owner of that famous billboard in Chehalis, WA. Sounds the type that would bankroll Culp's bullshit.

I also love how the Washington State GOP response to Culp was like, "Are you fucking serious?"

Probably don't want another repeat loser to fuck up state wide politics like Dino Rossi.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ouchiesouchies Registered User regular
    I saw a car in the Wedgewood Fred Meyer parking lot with two Dino Rossi bumper stickers. Those were the only two bumper stickers on this whole car, two pro-Rossi stickers, one for Governor and one for Congress. I don't remember what it was, but it was a mid-aughts wagon I think. I had to just stand there and look at it for a while. That's one hell of a vibe to be putting out there.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular

Fuck I hate that billboard.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Its probably people on this side giving him money. I still see people with culp banner things on their FBs.

Yeah there are a lot of folks over here who are

Culpable

Culpable

I hate you.

pleasepaypreacher.net

Culpable

I hate you.

I know.

• RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

Culpable

I hate you.

I know.

It's a mark of character, don't sweat it.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    I'd suggest the "don't be a dick" rule but, well... cops.

• evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular
    I compared the new crowd management document to the current one and there are significant improvements, that, if actually followed, would left the streets not soaked in tear gas this summer.

Key phrase there is "if actually followed". A document is just a piece of paper unless followed, but at least the piece of paper correctly indicates what the police should be doing.

edited January 2021
    So, um... it looks like Trumpers might have successfully led a coup to overturn democracy.

Tweeter is a true crime author and historian.

Reposted from the coup thread.

Schrodinger on
    Oh shit now we get to hear that damn city pronounced like 8 different ways. Why couldn't concrete have staged a rebellion!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Sequim has undergone a massive population boom but that is basically par for the course small town insane politics

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Hey, this is a random question, but does anyone use any CSA or similar crop share type of service around Seattle? I used one a while back in a previous state and I kind of miss it.

edited January 2021
    Nowhere near Seattle but my Mom does CSA boxes through her farm in Palouse

I would check some of the surrounding farm communities, there are a surprising number of farms super close to the metroplex

This might help:

https://www.ams.usda.gov/services/local-regional/food-directories

knitdan on
    Also, and maybe I am stating the obvious here, but if you have a farmer’s market, go around to the farmers you like and ask if they do CSA boxes. Chances are at least one of them does!

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I haven't been around Lynnwood king enough to get a feel of the farmers markets, but I'll definitely look into that site.

So a city council members receiving death threats is bad, but probably not news worthy on it's own.

What is news worthy is when those death threats are company from the fucking fire department's official emails.

https://southseattleemerald.com/2021/01/21/sawant-asks-for-thorough-investigation-into-series-of-threatening-emails-sent-from-seattle-fire-department-address

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    what a dumb motherfucker

admanb wrote: »
    what a dumb motherfucker

Yeah that's like the guy who attacked the capitol wearing his work identification badge.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.