As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] WWI - Pointy Hat Guys Win!

• SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    Epic Reveal (Can't let the Germans have one and then pretend to be Central and have another.)

Greetings, fellow Allied Commanders

I've been in contact with a few of you behind the scenes, but allow me to introduce myself to the rest of you. I am Primary Lord Squashua, Commander of the Allied Forces. More importantly, I am in charge of all allied intelligence. My role is the inteligencitator. This grants me numerous special abilities.

I have so many special abilities, their mere scope would blind a normal man, which is why I will keep them all to myself, but I will clue you in to one of them. I received all chatter across all radio frequencies as daily intelligence briefings. Por ejemplo:

Our reconnaissance hovercraft indicate the presence of a hostile battallion occupying our enemy's eastern trench.
    Counter-Intelligence reports that Varcayn prefers it up the butt, but only if there's a reach-around involved.

These examples might not seem like much, but to me it's significant because I am a true genius and you must bow down before me. Let me tell you, I'm generally a very modest person so it takes lot for me to come out and say this about myself. Suffice to say I've infiltrated the enemy proboards and am reporting everything I can to everyone but them. Man, hiding someone in their group and giving them initial full trust was fucking spectacular in it's scope, Psycholarry1; you should betray your players like this more often. Oh, did I add how modest I am? I am.

Now as I'm sure you have already deduced, I basically have a giant logic puzzle on my hands. However it is also immensely useful, case in point, Qorzm convinced many of you that he was Soundwave last game by last-minute revealing to be a Deception. With all the information from all the pre-game agreed-upon alliance reveals, and my stockpile of intelligence reports, the inescapable logical conclusion was that El Skid is eeeeeeevil.

But now we run in to a slight problem. I received a massive jumble of reports to start the game; more than I knew what to do with. However, on all subsequent turns, I don't seem to be getting that many. But I'd like more and with that comes the dilemma of me not receiving enough. And if I did get enough there might be too many, but then-again not a lot. Ergo, if there were only some, yet just a few, maybe we would have more than that.

This brings us to the bottom line: I like logic puzzles, hell I solve several integrated qualitative/quantitative reasoning postulations with enhanced core predictions using qualitative physics every time I take a shit. But you know what will make this a hell of a lot easier? When jam a thumb up my ass to loosen the crusty nodules that've built up in my anus. Do you know how you can help? Lubricant. Lots of it. I also need to know if you're a neutral, disguised or not.

More information to follow, including more specific attack and defense orders for a lot of you as information becomes available. We will hold the line. We will take down that artillery. We will crush the Central Powers.

Good luck men.

Squashua on
  • FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    lol! classic *S*

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • WhodWhod Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I agree with the Undead guy. We should refrain from beating each other senseless.

Would anyone object to my small unit venturing out for more equipment?

Are you absolutely sure you agree with that Undead guy? Hrm, Mr. E? Hrm?

You disappoint me, sir!

Edit: Oh, also... I don't trust Varcayn yet, can you get someone I do trust to verify you publicly? :) You know who you are...

Whod on
    Co-lead, Hello Kitty Pretty Princess Guild
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Whod wrote: »
    I agree with the Undead guy. We should refrain from beating each other senseless.

Would anyone object to my small unit venturing out for more equipment?

Are you absolutely sure you agree with that Undead guy? Hrm, Mr. E? Hrm?

You disappoint me, sir!

Edit: Oh, also... I don't trust Varcayn yet, can you get someone I do trust to verify you publicly? :) You know who you are...

I agree with him now, that is. You know had to make sure my men could aim. I'm surprised you knew who attacked you. I do apologize, I hope there is not much damage, i'm a small battalion.

M.D. on
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    It appears that attackers are revealed in damage PMs. It doesn't say which side they are on, however. But that is certainly somewhat useful information.

Quoth on
    edited January 2008
    Maybe if it's nearby it informs you, because the artillery strike on me didn't tell me much besides what casualties I sustained.

M.D. on
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Maybe if it's nearby it informs you, because the artillery strike on me didn't tell me much besides what casualties I sustained.

Wait, my name wasn't attached to your PM?

Dammit.

El Skid on
  • DamnedLibrarianDamnedLibrarian Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    El Skid wrote: »

Dammit.

Awww, did someone "Epic Reveal" themselves without a reason?

DamnedLibrarian on
    edited January 2008

Dammit.

See my earlier post on toast and muffins for more details on this fascinating topic.

El Skid on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited January 2008
    The Major General is signing off.

I have urgent matters to attend to in the White House.

Unknown User on
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

Dammit.

He broke from my regiment and was revealed as a traitor. So if he didn't come out himself, me and my regiment buddy would do it for him.

James on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Could whoever hit me with an artillery strike last night kindly raise their hand?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    So has Meister been confirmed in any way, shape or form already?

Aldo on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Could whoever hit me with an artillery strike last night kindly raise their hand?

Sorry DUE, my bad

Burnage on
    edited January 2008
    Aldo wrote: »

Not to my knowledge. Perhaps someone else with seer abilities would care to work on that.

Quoth on
    edited January 2008
    Epic Revealing is jdarkson's favorite thing next to people mis-spelling his username.

Squashua on
    edited January 2008
    Quoth wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »

Not to my knowledge. Perhaps someone else with seer abilities would care to work on that.

I don't think a seer will just jump up now and say "yeah! he's okay!" I was asking if what he said yesterday turned out to be true.

Fuck it, I have to trust someone here, because there's like no way I'll be of any use in this game.

catch y'all on the flipside.

Aldo on
    edited January 2008
    I highly recommend against trusting Meister.

El Skid on
    edited January 2008
    Burnage wrote: »

Sorry DUE, my bad

You almost killed half of my dudes. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2008
    Epic reveal.

I don't know what to do :|

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2008

Sorry DUE, my bad

Tell you what, give me your current location and I can probably help you make up your mind.
    <3 you DUE

Burnage on
  • MeisterMeister Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Couple of things
    1) Varcayn's reveal is true
    2) El Skid revealed himself as a traitor and says you shouldn't trust me. Take from that what you will.
    3) Centrals powers are obviously messing with us if El Skid is putting himself out to the vote like that. I'm guessing that either they get an advantage if he's voted off or he can't be voted off (since he's already on the other side of the the trenches?
    4) I don't think thorgot can be voted off twice (wouldn't make sense for us to send him rushing at enemy machine guns twice. even if he could be, it would be overkill).
    5) if you believe squashua you're retarded. anyone that powerful would have started in the command bunker, and only the general and 1st and 2nd majors start in the command bunker
    6) We figured out from more info (keep it coming!) that MrBlarney is also a central power. Therefore, !vote MrBlarney
    7) I will be gone for the rest of the day. All good guys send info to Varcayn instead. I already sent in action PM, which should help out some of you guys.

In case you missed it

!Vote MrBlarney

Good luck. If you guys listen to us we might have a chance of winning.

Meister on
    3DS friend code friend code: 4485-1155-2584
    edited January 2008
    Looks like everyone but you is retarded then.

Squashua on
  • DamnedLibrarianDamnedLibrarian Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    !Vote MrBlarney For the general commands it!

DamnedLibrarian on
    edited January 2008

Sorry DUE, my bad

Tell you what, give me your current location and I can probably help you make up your mind.
    <3 you DUE

G5

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2008
    makes sense

!retract El Skid
    !kill MrBlarney

El Skid should remain in second place, rather him than someone who hasn't outed himself.

---
    also the reason why el skid might have revealed himself is to rally the other central powers to contact him, there's no way to be sure they were networked since day 0.

Aldo on
    edited January 2008
    if everyone listens to one person and that one person is the same person for everyon, one will ofcourse win - atleast the person everyone trusts will :wink:

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
    edited January 2008

Sorry DUE, my bad

<3 you DUE

G5

Sorry, don't think I quite heard you properly. H5, was it?

Burnage on
    edited January 2008

Sorry DUE, my bad

<3 you DUE

G5

Sorry, don't think I quite heard you properly. H5, was it?

No. I'm in G5 with El SKid.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2008
    Meister wrote: »
    5) if you believe squashua you're retarded. anyone that powerful would have started in the command bunker, and only the general and 1st and 2nd majors start in the command bunker

It's not a question of power, it's a question of whether or not those powers are real.

Not to mention that certain specials managed to take damage last night.

James on
    edited January 2008
    !vote MrBlarney

M.D. on
  • WhodWhod Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    !MrBlarney

Whod on
    Co-lead, Hello Kitty Pretty Princess Guild
    edited January 2008
    James wrote: »
    Meister wrote: »

It's not a question of power, it's a question of whether or not those powers are real.

Not to mention that certain specials managed to take damage last night.

Just as a warning- Last night's narration contained errors, and is to be ignored. Tonight's narration is going to have all of the first two days' damage...so we won't know until later for sure what damage happened.

See? I'm helpful! <3

El Skid on
    edited January 2008
    edited January 2008
    I can't take all of these lies. I'm going to have to cluster bomb someone now.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2008
    hmm... have no idea who to vote for atm, so... !FreeAgent. We'll see if there are anyone else to vote for later when it is closer to closing time.

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    MrBlarney I guess. So much switching around.

Savant on
    edited January 2008
    yeah - Chaos!

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • telcustelcus Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Epic Reveal:

I have bayonets
    mwahahahahaha
    stabstabstab

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2008
    FrostMist wrote: »
    hmm... have no idea who to vote for atm, so... !FreeAgent. We'll see if there are anyone else to vote for later when it is closer to closing time.

I'm going to vote for you, FrostMist, because you sound like a baddie laying low.

James on