As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Devil May Cry 5 Announced: MY GRANDFATHER IS TOO POWERFUL

1293031323335»

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    ARISE

Vergil DLC is available on PC, PS4 and Xbone. $5. Go get em.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    He's so stupidly op hey. I got dmc5se when I got my ps5 on the 5th and he's just....so so stupid. It's great.

He's basically the op of dmc4 se vergil dialed up to eleven and given more manual control back. With some stupidly powerful new attacks. He's nuts.

Exhibit A:

He can chain his Just Frame Judgement Cut. I think it caps out at 3. If you do it off a normal one you get 4 judgement cuts.

https://youtu.be/7qNJ-lVxJDI

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Have they tightened the chain Judgement Cut input up? I recall being able to do it rather easily in DMC4SE and can't seem to pull it off here.

Some of the new Yamato moves are extremely satisfying to land - I really like the rising Rapid Slash into the air combo that ends with slamming the enemy down, followed by a Helm Breaker. That seems like such a minor addition to his move set but it feels so powerful!

Also all 3 super moves are incredible.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Yeah he has a lot of great moves. Kick thirteen being able to optional rise into the air is also fantastic.

I thought he couldn't chain judgement cut in 4. He just got one per attack. You could do a glitchy trick to do multiple in the air.

If you are talking about normal judgement cuts I've also been having trouble getting the max input in this game, not sure if its just lack of practice. For the chained ones there is a flash on his hilt after the first one to tell you when to do the next one.

You have to quickly rebuffer the charge to get this to work. Let go->repress->let go timed.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Vergil's SDT seems quite strong.
    It only takes 10 DT to fill his SDT, versus 13 for Dante.
    He gets an extra attack on his combos and like in 4 the extra hit on the basic Yamato combo is super strong.
    He can leave SDT whenever, no requirements like Dante's Quadruple S. But like Quadruple S there's time before the SDT bar even starts draining.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    His super moves also don't drain the whole bar while in it. It drains about a third. So you can do it three times.

Also doppleganger has full i frames during the activation.

Pressing the dpad buttons will change how the doppleganger behaves. You can reset it to your current position, speed it up, slow it down, and set it to normal.

Oh yeah also you can always trick up if you let go of lockon (before this would always teleport to the enemy if you had an embedded summon sword, but now you only teleport if you are locked on).
    That combined with his new easy to use trickster style short dodge when not locked on means you gotta let go of lock on sometimes to get the best use out of him.

And you can always trick down once you buy it as a skill. So he has his old control back from dmc3se.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I find the input for Trick Down being back -> forward a bit awkward. And you can do basically the same thing with SDT's omnidirectional dodge.

I did my first Vergil playthrough on Son of Sparda. It took me quite a few tries to beat missions 19 and 20.

• Options
    It's more that he can do it. Before there was no option outside of devil trigger.

Options are good. But yeah the input could be better.

• Options
    Vic_HazardVic_Hazard Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Enlong wrote: »
    Man, if there's one thing that actually bugs me about DMC5, it's gotta be the controls. I appreciate how customizable they are, but I can never seem to find a configuration that fully works for me. I always feel like something is in an awkward position. And playing as V, I feel like Griffon's basic shot is annoying because of how it has to be mashed to keep firing shots. So most of the time I just use Griffon's basic charge attack, or power him up so he goes on autopilot.

I always played with the standard controller layouts in earlier games but after my first go through the campaign I put in the back paddles of my xbox elite and mapped them.

It's one of the only two games that I even use the paddles, but they make quite a difference in comfort. Gone are the days of dmc4 where I basically claw gripped my ps3 controller.

Vic_Hazard on
  • Options
    It's funny how different V's exclusive bosses play with Vergil. I'm going SoS my first run, and seriously struggled with Nidhogg. Something about the camera angle maybe, it just wasn't clicking for me. felt way harder than with V. But then Elder Geryon Knight was a breeze! Just demolished that dude when I was able to teleport. So much easier than with V.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Is Nidhogg the tentacle boss.

Cos that boss is fucking awful.

That's why you struggled with him.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    Aaaand beat on SoS. That new Mission 20 was brutal.

Hey, lore wise, what's going on with Beowulf? Obviously Vergil's gameplay ain't canon, but they replaced Force Edge with the Mirage Blade and let him keep the real Beo, when both should be gone at this point?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Dante sold Beowulf for pizza money, and Vergil stole it from the pawn shop?

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Good pizza is hard to find.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I want Dante to open a closet at some point and all of his weapon-slaves fall out in a big pile and ask him why he doesn't love them anymore.

All of my favorites are from DMC3 - Nevan, Beowulf, Agni and Rudra (the best ones).

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Alastor already ran off to start a career as an actor because Dante kept ignoring him.

• Options
    Why Beo gone?

What makes Dantes weapons vanish?

Don't think too hard about it.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options