As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

far right riot in DC

BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
Is a thing that is happening, discuss I guess.

BahamutZERO.gif

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    If this was a left-wing protest we would be seeing people killed by cops already.

White privilege has stormed the Capitol and it turns out it's allowed inside.

• Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    Gotta say this is pretty insane to see happening but not at all surprising.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    fuck

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular

"The US Capitol is now on lockdown." - Kaitlan Collins, CNN correspondent.

"Protesters have breached the Capitol. They're outside the Senate chamber" - Igor Bobic, HuffPo reporter.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Bet you nobody gets shot and killed in this riot unless some idiot protester pulls out a gun.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    What a completely surreal day

Just top to bottom batshit

"Another update: They've just disbursed tear gas in the rotunda and are telling members to put on gas masks under their seats." - Matt Fuller, another HuffPo reporter (I think, bio's not clear).

"They’re shooting into the chamber."

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Shooting guns??

BahamutZERO.gif
    Tear gas, I think.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    A nice right wing peaceful protest.

Definitely not a riot. Skin isn’t dark enough for that.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    So a violent crowd has stormed the literal Capitol Building, the seat of the United State Government, with intent to commit violence and yet live ammunition still has not been used against them as literal enemy combatants

• ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    I've never known Jan. 6 to be anything important in all the years I've been cognizant of what a president or an election is, and now suddenly it turns into this.

Fucking alright.

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Somehow my expectations for today's horseshittery have still been exceeded

X22wmuF.jpg
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    having a real normal one today I guess

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    You know that thing where someone makes a joke tweet or article talking about US politics in the way that US news talks about politics in developing countries?

that but unironically

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie

"They’re in the chamber. One is up on the dais yelling “Trump won that election!” This is insane" - Igor Bobic again

aTBDrQE.jpg
    Madican wrote: »
    So a violent crowd has stormed the literal Capitol Building, the seat of the United State Government, with intent to commit violence and yet live ammunition still has not been used against them as literal enemy combatants

don't wanna accidentally any of their off-duty co-workers

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I don't want to hear a fucking word from Biden's DOJ about not prosecuting every traitor on the hill today, top to bottom.

Unless he wants a repeat of this clusterfuck every time the Nazis don't get their way.

edited January 2021
    Someone from PBS is streaming this whole thing. Currently being evacuated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKy84YmL-sU

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    any minute now and the cops are gonna start knocking out eyeballs with less-lethal munitions, surely! just like they spent all summer doing!

Shorty on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Most of them are white men

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    having a real normal one today I guess

VERY normal

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    I don't want to hear a fucking word from Biden's DOJ about not prosecuting every traitor on the hill today, top to bottom.

Unless he wants a repeat of this clusterfuck every time the Nazis don't get their way.

don't you worry, they'll let all these guys go and then fire actual guns into the crowd the next time people gather to protest police murders

from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    hitting hot metal with hammers
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »
    Tear gas, I think.

Possibly not:

tweet text: I heard an officer say "shots fired"

CNN reporting both protestors and police are armed; the police in the chamber definitely have guns drawn.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
    Eventually some of these fuckers are gonna start shooting, cause you know they're carrying.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I'm almost like completely numb to it at this point?

Like yeah, of course Trump egged on a mob to literally storm the senate, and of course the police aren't doing shit to stop it, that makes sense

And honestly the fact that my response to all this is "yeah that makes sense" is almost scarier than the actual events, because it kinda starkly reveals how hollow and theatrical the entire fucking government and political process is?

Like, you look at this happening and instinctively know two things: 1) this is fucked up and should be treated a huge deal, and 2) literally no one in a position of power is going to do a single thing about this. Sure, concerns will be raised, there will be a few somber pronouncements or whatever, but any real action, real consequences?

Nah, they're just gonna try and ignore it until it goes away on it's own.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    forum bug post

This is going to get ugly.

Someone is going to fire a shot and a lot of people might die.

They all suck at least. Let the cops and nazis shoot each other.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I've talked myself off the ledge repeatedly the last few months and I'm doing better today than I expected to be, but this is pretty much exactly what I expected to happen, to be honest.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    VERY weird how police were completely unable to stop this but had no problem sending tanks and munitions against vastly larger crowds all summer

it's really so strange

they must be out of tear gas or something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That’s because too many of the National Guard are already there “protesting”

twitter really needed to ban 45's account awhile back but not doing it today proves that they really just don't understand their role in this world

I've basically been operating under the idea I'm going to bite it from COVID eventually for like a year at this point this shit is just cranking the knob labeled worry in my brain from like 5 to 6.

X22wmuF.jpg
    This is going to get ugly.

Someone is going to fire a shot and a lot of people might die.

They all suck at least. Let the cops and nazis shoot each other.

but you repeat yourself

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Copying from the D&D thread:

WaPo reporter:
    BREAKING: A source tells me The Defense Department has just denied a request by DC officials to deploy the National Guard to the US Capitol.

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    This is going to lead to a wider crackdown on protests that will almost certainly do more to hurt civil rights activism than right wing sedition.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
This discussion has been closed.