As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BATTLETECH/MechWarrior] Sea Fox merchants buy PGI lostech using Terra-based shell company

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »
    monkeykins wrote: »
    Hot take from my return to MWO- can't do anything in the Hero Firestarter. Cougar seems to be junko. Missile travel time difference from MW5 has me all sorts of jumbled. Warhammers continue to be a trap for me and I have yet to break 150 damage with either the Heavy or Assault versions. Mediums are fun.

Firestarter hero is trash

Cougar works best as either a lasvom mech (1 HLL + 5-6 ERML) or as a ERPPC boat (mine does awesome built like a Panther with ECM)

Some people do best in lighter (or heavier) mechs.

Hmm, I should repurpose my Cougar back to the ERPPC build. Do you have a link to your build with it? I've tried everything with laser spam and missiles but just couldn't get it to work other than hide behind an Assault to act like a mobile laser turret for them (with ECM coverage).

Which Warhammer do you have @monkeykins ? I do know that the Black Widow was a great UAC/AC build (which sucks since I would love to run it with something in the arms like the design is intended to). There was one variant that I turned into basically a Thunderwub with all MPLs. I had another that a fellow PA'er made into a boomhammer with an AC-20, SRM6 and some MLs I think (need to go look at it again).

I use the version from grimmech: COU-H

• NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Lol. Went to scratch the Stompy Bot itch in MWO, remembered to go redeem the holiday 7 day premium code...

...one day too late.

Lol.

[EDIT]

YO WHAT'S GOOD, SUCKAS!

3qSujNJ.jpg

Adder A with cERPPC and 2xcSRM6+A. Basically stock, just dropped the cFlamer for an extra half ton of ammo, and skilled it out.

Feels good. Still getting those not-yet-ever-relaxed jitters while I play, but turning down some graphics (for more FPS) and my mouse sensitivity (so I can hit any damn thing) really worked tonight.

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Nips wrote: »
    Lol. Went to scratch the Stompy Bot itch in MWO, remembered to go redeem the holiday 7 day premium code...

...one day too late.

Lol.

[EDIT]

YO WHAT'S GOOD, SUCKAS!

3qSujNJ.jpg

Adder A with cERPPC and 2xcSRM6+A. Basically stock, just dropped the cFlamer for an extra half ton of ammo, and skilled it out.

Feels good. Still getting those not-yet-ever-relaxed jitters while I play, but turning down some graphics (for more FPS) and my mouse sensitivity (so I can hit any damn thing) really worked tonight.

Now pilot your Locusts again.

Edit: Or a Flea. Didn't I buy you some Fleas a while ago?

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    I'll have to check!

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular
    Phew that was a way to end the night... nearly the entire opposing team let me sit on top of the center building on river city and take potshots with HPPCs for the entire game. They eventually pushed up to fight the rest of my team and continued to... just let me shoot them. Usually I have to... you know... move around... or avoid enemy fire? Only person contesting me was a RiflemanIIC who could barely connect if I was poptarting at him.... and he just stood in the open and let me repeatedly ppc him. I also got a solo kill on a flea with a single mouse click at like 500m so that felt pretty good.

Waaaay more variance in player skill tonight though. I had multiple games where I ranked up on a loss off an awful 200 damage poor performance.... I'm not confident trading a few shots with some lights and then walking face first into two king crabs like a moron should be ranking me up but I'll take it I guess.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    Hot take from my return to MWO- can't do anything in the Hero Firestarter. Cougar seems to be junko. Missile travel time difference from MW5 has me all sorts of jumbled. Warhammers continue to be a trap for me and I have yet to break 150 damage with either the Heavy or Assault versions. Mediums are fun.

Firestarter hero is trash

Cougar works best as either a lasvom mech (1 HLL + 5-6 ERML) or as a ERPPC boat (mine does awesome built like a Panther with ECM)

Some people do best in lighter (or heavier) mechs.

Frankly I've had my best matches and most fun in light or medium mechs, at least for pubbie matches

Going with a heavy, or especially an assault, feels like it's only gonna be good times if you somehow miraculously end up with a team that backs you up

But flanking or acting as fire support as a little guy lets me actually shoot things instead of just get shot while wondering why everyone is running in different directions

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Assaults in pub games are generally giant, walking “Kill Me” signs.

Well, to be fair, even outside of pub games they still are. It’s just that you have people supporting you so your life expectancy increases a bit.

In my brawler Awesome (affectionately named Rocky) I usually hang back a bit until everyone gets stuck in. Then I stride into the melee and start deleting people.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Please. The only acceptable Awesome build is three HPPCs.

• monkeykinsmonkeykins Registered User regular
    Good to know I wasted MC on the FS9-FS. Oh well.

I have the WHM9D(S) and WHMIICBL. I simply cannot do any damage with them before melting instantly.

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    I finished skilling up my Scorch, which was a fine enough mech at the end, but I'm ready to play something less... all or nothing. On the other hand, I have a newfound appreciation of assaults and how to play around them. Assaults are for the whole match people, not just for Christmas pushes.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    My advice on MC in MWO is to save it for mech bay slots, particularly when they go on sale.

Good to know I wasted MC on the FS9-FS. Oh well.

I have the WHM9D(S) and WHMIICBL. I simply cannot do any damage with them before melting instantly.

Both of them are PPC boats, the IS WHM is more of a pop tart with HPPCs while the Bludgeon wants to find a spot outside the nascar to shoot into the crowd as they rotate by.

edited January 2021
    I should point out that I am 100% incapable of hitting anything with PPCs at the moment. I missed three shots at a motionless Assault my first outing with the IIC

monkeykins on
    Henroid wrote: »
    My advice on MC in MWO is to save it for mech bay slots, particularly when they go on sale.

But I wanted that sweet cbill bonus...

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I just found my first mech in MWO where the stock loadout looks perfectly acceptable to me. The Blood Asp's B variant. ECM equipped, has a gauss rifle, two LRM20s with artemis, and four MPLs. Very wieldable, and very flexible in being medium or long ranged.

I should point out that I am 100% incapable of hitting anything with PPCs at the moment. I missed three shots at a motionless Assault my first outing with the IIC

Trust me, even us Vets have problems hitting with PPCs. It takes a few matches before I can hit anything at range. Usually I start out close then figure out the math to even hit at range. Even then the stupid hit detection of the game might not show you hit but you're hitting. Best way to figure out if you are hitting is to target them and watch their colors.

oosik_betsuni.png
    If I haven’t PPCed in a while it sometimes takes a few matches for me to recalibrate.

And it doesn’t help that I have several mechs with different PPC velocities

• SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    How BattleTech should have ended(spoilers for early campaign):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv_zfZ09d4w

5gsowHm.png
    I so need to save this for the time where I eventually beat Battletech. Last time I left my team they were stuck trying to grind for better mechs than mediums and crappy heavies.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Took out my ERPPC Nova A, did 250 damage while taking 50, team won. Was able to hit things much better. I think it is partly switching from MW5, too.

Syngyne wrote: »
    How BattleTech should have ended(spoilers for early campaign):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv_zfZ09d4w

Loool. "Customer Service Submission Position"

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Even with access codes, I feel like trying to steal a ship with mechs in it is going to end up with a very exploded ship at best and a ship exploded with lots of your people on it at worst.

Also, if Comstar has all that info on that boat, why didn't they just... go get it themselves? Like a hundred years ago or something?

Ninja Snarl P on
    LALALALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU!!! LALALALA

Seriously, is that a spoiler? Or reference to the video? Should I Force Mind Wipe/Flashy thing me?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Reference to the video. Fortunately.

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Yeah, absolutely zero story spoiler stuff there, in either my response or the video I commented on.

Everyone is safe.

But not from Comstar.

Ninja Snarl P on
    Orca wrote: »
    Reference to the video. Fortunately.
    Yeah, absolutely zero story spoiler stuff there, in either my response or the video I commented on.

Everyone is safe.

But not from Comstar.

Awesome, I really didn't want to wipe my memory again... I think I did it before.

oosik_betsuni.png
    The video has some teeny tiny spoilers for like...the third mission in the game. But that's it.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    It's not a spoiler that
    you eventually get the special dropship
    that they talked about during the development updates for the kickstarter.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    edited January 2021
    IT was to me when I first played the game. So consider spoiling that?
    @H3Knuckles

Orca on
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    It's in the trailer video that autoplays when you load the game's page on the Steam store! It was the headline feature of one of the kickstarter updates. If you want to go into a game that blind than you shouldn't be reading a thread for discussion of the game.

Edit: I'm pretty sure a mod ruled that things in promotional material aren't spoilers? Here, from the Smash Bros thread (regarding people putting Sephiroth's addition in spoilers):
    Sterica wrote: »
    Please stop putting the video game ad in spoilers, holy shit.

Edit 2: like you said, it's something that happens very early in the game. And a major gameplay feature is unique to it. Is me saying Luke Skywalker leaves Tatooine a spoiler? Or talking about the existence of the Millennium Falcon?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    When someone is specifically calling out that they don't want to be spoiled directly above, I like to err on the side of caution. Speaking personally, I like going into things as blindly as possible, so I try to make it easy for someone else trying to avoid spoilers just as a matter of courtesy.

• BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    Assassin in Battletech is now my cursed mech after having the pilot brained by PPC's twice.

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
    It's also kind of a shitty mech

but ouch

• SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Botznoy wrote: »
    Assassin in Battletech is now my cursed mech after having the pilot brained by PPC's twice.

Well, the ‘Mech name is accurate. The target was just never specified.

5gsowHm.png
    edited January 2021
    Tonight was pilot wound city.

Granted, that helped me nab my first heavy (a Grasshopper) and another medium (the disco Hunchback), but I had two missions in a row where at least one of my pilots took two glancing headshots.

The last mission I ended up with only one pilot on the payroll without any injuries (two headshots on one, one headshot on another, and side torso destroyed on a third). My backup pilot had the "create an exercise routine" event where he managed to trip and fall into a door or something.

Side note: I've decided what I want in a new Battletech game: Mercenary Tycoon.

Create a mercenary unit. Send lances (maybe even companies) out on missions. Juggle logistics (yes, that includes buying armor plates and ammo). Build relationships with clients as well as manufacturers. Train the Mechwarriors on various skills such as piloting, gunnery, and tactics. Dictate mech builds based on your relationships and logistical needs. I wouldn't necessarily micro the troops on missions, but if I'm in system I could observe the battle.

Nobody on
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I’d love something a little more original X-Com + Mechs.

I mean, Battletech is originally a tabletop right? The Battletech PC game from a couple years ago best captures how it all is meant to play out.

edited January 2021
    Minor point of order: the Grasshopper is a Heavy. A damn fine heavy as your first one too!

If you're out of pilots, you may want to hire some more. I think I usually end up with 8 or so pilots just so I have replacements as injuries take them out due to knockdowns or getting slapped upside the head.

edit: or the occasional unlucky +10 damage AC/10 headshot.

Orca on
    Orca wrote: »
    Minor point of order: the Grasshopper is a Heavy. A damn fine heavy as your first one too!

If you're out of pilots, you may want to hire some more. I think I usually end up with 8 or so pilots just so I have replacements as injuries take them out due to knockdowns or getting slapped upside the head.

edit: or the occasional unlucky +10 damage AC/10 headshot.

Dammit, I blame it on posting after 1am.

I wasn’t too worried, I had enough cushion to wait out 3 of the wounds. It was just an amazing situation where nearly my entire compliment was in the medbay. I’m early enough in the game where I’m hesitant on having too much in the way of upkeep.

Yeah, fair. Pilots are an ongoing expense and certainly aren't cheap as they get more experience.