As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

FALL GUYS is going to be the biggest esport.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Oh jeez, I have to get back into this to try for gold stuff now don't I?

I mean the random name I settled on is "Rare Golden Cheese," how could I not???

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    i only have like 5 wins, i'll never get gold outfits

i'm not even bad at any of the rounds, i just never win

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Yeah I have to stay focused on enjoying the individual rounds to keep playing

Wins/Crowns/Unlocks are too elusive for me to contemplate without getting frustrated

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    i only have like 5 wins, i'll never get gold outfits

i'm not even bad at any of the rounds, i just never win

Something that occurred to me recently is that, if there isn't skill-based matchmaking (I've heard rumors that Mediatonic says the game has it, but I don't know how much I trust that idea), you're going to see a pretty stark difference between the category of player that is capable of turning in a win and the kind that isn't. That is to say, you're going to see a small percentage of the players with all the crowns, and then a vast swath of the player base that basically never picks up any (because there will always be at least two or three of the crown-winning players in any given lobby, who are then very, very likely to be the one who actually gets that episode's crown).

Putting a decent chunk of crowns on the Fame track was the right call.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    mediatonic has said the game has had it previously, but it is currently disabled because the population has dipped, though they may turn it back on in the future

• Options
  • Options
    I haven't played Pegwin Pursuit or Roll Out yet, but they've got a high bar to clear to beat Ski Fall for my favorite new game. It's a ring-jumping game like Hoopsy Legends, except you're on an icy ramp trying to hit the rings as they rotate in a pair of big sieves followed by a ski-ball structure at the very end. The new races have a lot of new stage gimmicks, but Ski Fall takes an old round and changes it in a way that feels genuinely novel.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Fall Guys just got Prime Gaming loot: https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/fallguys
    If you have an Amazon Prime subscription, you can get free games and free stuff in a bunch of games. Until January 15th, you can claim a free bundle with a new outfit, Winter Warmer, plus 3 crowns.
    To link your Amazon account to Fall Guys, go to the options and then go into the Profile option where you change your name.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    my amazon prime trial literally expired like 3 days ago :(

• Options
    Hot tip for ball-rolling games like the new Snow Scrap and Rock and Roll: if some asshole is playing doorstop with your ball, start jumping repeatedly. The upward force tends to lift the ball, which will give it just an ever so slight total trajectory in your favor and roll it over the jerk.

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    First win of the new Season. Got the final round version of rollout, sweet level.

I agree with @Kupi about Ski Fall, it is a great level and that's weird because when I watched the preview I thought it looked like a total gimmick but it's pretty great. give how much I like Hoopsie Dasiy Legends I must just really like diving through hoops.

The best part is watching the people who've watched the pro-players videos and try to do the "skate down the outside and hit the final gold 3 times in a row" strategy. Just like those people who absolutely must use every short cut in Slime Climb it does not go well for them.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Pegwin Pursuit on the other hand is just the worst.

Grabbing Games that are not based around eggs == Terrible
    Incremental count up team score == Terrible as teammates drop as soon as you fall behind.

Alistair Hutton on
    I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

• Options
    very time i get ski fall this plays in my head

https://youtu.be/DeumyOzKqgI

• Options
    It took me 2 full seasons to get to 7 wins.

I'm now up to ten within the last 2 days. Loving Season 3!

• Options
    So what is the strategy for the hexagon ice final round? Like, I've won a crown on it but I don't know what I did better than anyone else.

• Options
    So what is the strategy for the hexagon ice final round? Like, I've won a crown on it but I don't know what I did better than anyone else.

I think there's legitimately more of an element of luck to it since unlike Hex-A-Gone it's hard to convert a good move into a lasting advantage because everyone stays on the same plane. That said, this is really basic, possibly self-evident advice, but speaking from experience, don't take any stupid risks. One time I was punching holes in the floor out of lack of any better ideas, and some jackass dropped down to my layer, goosed me, and since I was in a grabbed state I couldn't jump and dropped straight into the slime. Likewise, be mindful of the edges of the arena, because some handsy fucker will gladly push you off. Just generally speaking, it doesn't do you any good to be close to other people; try to find the largest span of solid land with the least amount of people on it and stay there until you're driven out. To put it another way, the ice breaking beneath you is going to make you want to tunnel-vision on your immediate circumstances; resist that urge, especially in the mid-to-late game, and make sure that you're taking advantage of whatever patches of stable land exist to take stock of the whole board.

• Options

Wow, imagine anyone responding with a team round for any of those.

Monsters.

• Options
    I am going to be so disappointed by the community. I just known it.

• Options
    i haven't gotten royal fumble for a final in months; i won twice on it before, give me it back!

• Options
    edited December 2020
    they greatly reduced its odds in season 2 because it had a major bug that season 3 has supposedly fixed

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    Kupi wrote: »

I think there's legitimately more of an element of luck to it since unlike Hex-A-Gone it's hard to convert a good move into a lasting advantage because everyone stays on the same plane. That said, this is really basic, possibly self-evident advice, but speaking from experience, don't take any stupid risks. One time I was punching holes in the floor out of lack of any better ideas, and some jackass dropped down to my layer, goosed me, and since I was in a grabbed state I couldn't jump and dropped straight into the slime. Likewise, be mindful of the edges of the arena, because some handsy fucker will gladly push you off. Just generally speaking, it doesn't do you any good to be close to other people; try to find the largest span of solid land with the least amount of people on it and stay there until you're driven out. To put it another way, the ice breaking beneath you is going to make you want to tunnel-vision on your immediate circumstances; resist that urge, especially in the mid-to-late game, and make sure that you're taking advantage of whatever patches of stable land exist to take stock of the whole board.

Solid advice. Just got a Crown following it.

Stayed away from people, always kept to the largest landmass, always scoped out ahead to make sure I wasn't heading for a hole.

• Options
    is there a reason why sometimes your fall guy sweats and drops from a ledge you're trying to climb or is it just random?

because it's annoying and i don't know if i'm doing something wrong

• Options
    https://youtu.be/qNxqE52ZN-8
    is there a reason why sometimes your fall guy sweats and drops from a ledge you're trying to climb or is it just random?

I dunno, I think its a bug because it really only started happening to me in season 3

• Options

I have only the vaguest memories of ever seeing that, so take this as more speculation on my part, but I remember that they revised the climbing mechanics to be more consistent when the ledge and the area above the climber are contested. It sounds like either 1) someone is standing in the area you're trying to climb into, forcing you to stay on the ledge until you reach the cap on how long you're allowed to hang, or 2) if not that, you might not be pressing toward the surface and forcing the climb-up.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Dys wrote: »
    Well, that will never happen again.

Guys guess what it happened again.

7rgkmqwg44hb.png

Special thanks go to the variant of perfect match with the spinning bar; it knocked out all but six people in round two.

Dys on
  • Options
    I just had a Round One See Saws where the final see saws were parallel to the race instead of perpendicular.

The quickest players balanced the beams so no one could get on from the final platform and then waited until the end of round countdown timer started before moving again. Only 20 people qualified from Round One leaving 40 people just standing on a platform

Now I'm just daydreaming of a dystopian society where those jerks just unknowingly selected themselves to be forced to play the Most Dangerous Game on a remote island

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Five free crowns for doing a feedback survey:

Saving for the Cacodemon and Doomslayer costumes, Cyberdemon didn't do much for me tbh

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    god fucking damn it I forgot to buy the Cacodemon costume

• Options
    facetious wrote: »

It is unbelievably stupid.

In a good way. 24v24 Fall ball is utter anarchy

• Options
    24 v 24 with 4 balls is the best

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    i am getting kinda frustrated with never winning

i come in second pretty often! like, literally every time i get roll off. it could last 30 seconds, it could last 3 minutes, doesn't matter, there is always one person to beat me. same with jump showdown. still haven't won fall mountain

it's just frustrating because i don't know what to do! i know there's the random/chaos factor going on, but i should have won more by now. i'm not bad at the game, there's just always someone better

doesn't help that i hit 40 for this season pretty quickly so i can just ignore anything that costs crowns until the next season starts

• Options
    i have like, 6 wins

stop putting me in games with gold costume people, it's not fair

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Matchmaking in this game definitely conflates playtime and ability more than it should.

"Oh this guy's got hundreds of hours in he must be good" no all but two of my crowns came from levels treat me with only the softest of kid gloves please

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    i don't really play multiplayer games because they're usually genres i'm bad at or don't like

i'm good at platformers, though. i should be able to pull wins out of this game. i think that's why it frustrates me more

• Options
    edited January 2021
    does anyone else have problems with the game crashing on ps4?

9 times out of 10 if i look at something in the shop and then change tabs it'll either make the screen black out everything but the ui or will crash completely and i have to restart the game

i've tried googling (it's been happening for like a month) and the only other place i see someone with the same issue is this reddit post

edit: i haven't tried rebuilding databases, but i have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it didn't help. still happens after the latest update

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    god fucking damn it I forgot to buy the Cacodemon costume

I got the Cacodemon but missed the others. How long till they show up again in the shop?