As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium - Game 6: Round 9 - Game Over!

• A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    5 votes for
    @MrBody

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Votes have already been cast on the agenda, so I don't think I can accept that Galactic Threat prediction.

Yeah, nah, that's not how this timing works.
    I abstain, Ketar to revote.

Unless we want to rectify the timeline further and have 38th consider the un-redacted public information from November from MrBody before their first vote.
    Which we don't.

I'm not sure what you're referring to, discrider. I'm just trying to keep the game moving forward. The gameplay has had a really strange dynamic, and I haven't been controlling it as well as my past standards, but I'm still trying to put my effort into it.

Since Winnu expended all of their votes in the first agenda, I felt like it was fine to skip over your vote (since there was nothing to declare). Regardless, for the purposes of the forum game format, it's fine for players to act out of order. For Agendas, this may be a bigger disadvantage than, say, playing on the secondary ability of a Strategy Card.

Abilities with timing "After an agenda is revealed" must be performed before any votes are cast, which includes Galactic Threat. To avoid some player coming in and declaring votes immediately as a blockade, however, I've set a 24 hour guaranteed grace period for players to openly make card and ability declarations. Beyond that period, once the first votes are cast, no more of that kind of ability can be played on the agenda. So there's already some protection there. It's not perfect, but it's what I felt necessary in order to manage the highly asynchronous play-by-post format we've got going on here.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    No votes are cast until I relinquish priority though, and I'm a bit over having shot myself in the face with the previous agenda so I'm pushing this one.

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    No clue what you're talking about redacted November voting information???

I'm fine with Blarney's timing rule. Maybe a bit of tweaking with a warning notice on time remaining before the cutoff, but otherwise it's fine.

It beats another episode of waiting 5 days on the transfer negotiations of a single trade promissory note.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Meh. I don't really care either way

MrBody wrote: »
    No clue what you're talking about redacted November voting information???

-_-
    I was slighted by your post-vote post, so I un-redacted your November post about 38th being stingy with TG that was only up for an hour or so.
    Because I'm playing this game so healthily.

edited January 2021
    I think you've inferred some procedural components that aren't actually in place for this game format. Of course, in person (or in a real-time, online implementation) there's plenty of opportunity for table talk to get your fellow players focused and aligned with the game process. On a forum, that's not going to be assured. So the host has to make certain decisions that keep the game moving along, and there is a shared responsibility of the player to keep attention with the pace. I'm going with what's worked the way I've run the game in the past, and I hoped that my previous post would be able to clarify my reasoning for my judgement. If there was some amount of negotiation that you wanted to perform, there was a period open for just that. But seeing none of that, I felt like it was fine for me to push the button to move things forward. I feel a bit frustrated as well, believe me. But that's how things have gone this time out. It's been a long, strange game.

EDIT: Lots of posts while I was crafting this one. On the topic of giving a warning for the grace period close, this isn't a strict day close like Phalla. I post when I can make updates rather than on a regular cadence. Heck, this grace period was a number of hours past 24. So unless I up my strictness, I don't see myself changing my procedures (for this game, anyways).

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    I think you've inferred some procedural components that aren't actually in place for this game format.

Voting still proceeds from me as far as I can tell, and I retain that timing slot ahead of Ketar for transactions and alerting Phyphor regardless of number of votes.
    And so I have.

This is exactly what I was talking about in terms of inference. You had 29 hours to discuss deals and play abilities before voting started. Certainly, transactions are totally fine during all parts of the voting period, but agenda phase cards and abilities that rely on "when" or "after" an agenda is revealed cannot occur after voting starts. The situation where a lead player has no votes but 'control' over the procedures wouldn't happen in a real-time game due to higher levels of active participation, but compromises have to be made in a highly asynchronous play-by-post environment. So when I call voting open on the first person with non-zero votes, having seen no other activity, then after they vote, that's voting started. Heck, I can also take conditional orders for places where timing can be more sensitive, and I didn't have any indication to pause on that front either.

If there's any room for compromise here, it's to convince @Ketar and @A Half Eaten Oreo to roll back their votes (which, since they were colored and bolded, I took to be locked in) and then I'll reset the debate clock. (And if there's active ability discussion during that time, that'll be taken into consideration for when I call for votes to roll in.) But otherwise, rulings will stay as I have given down. If I'm going to be hosting, then I've got to have some amount of authority to lead the game, right? :)

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Player order trumps Async, but that's fine.
    I just want my sleep back, but can't comprehend how Ketar is staying in.

I want my sleep back, too. I was in the middle of a long work night when I was posting. So there's a bit of grumpiness here still, since I'm behind on sleep and still got work to do.

There will be times where player order must be strict (e.g. strategy phase, late-game objective claims) and other times where player order can be flexible (e.g. strategic action secondary plays). Even in that flexible group, players are allowed to wait until all other players behind them in line make their choices -- but it's still not forced. Voting on agendas has tended towards the strict side of things, but I've always counted early voting that's been locked in since it's a tactical disadvantage to lock yourself into a stance before you need to. To combat early voting disrupting any chance to play abilities or cards that depend on agenda timing, I've included a grace period after reveal for those abilities to be played safely. We actually had to codify this period in the first game or two of TI 4th edition, it wasn't originally there.

But I think the argument over player order versus asynchronicity isn't the real core of the issue. The way I interpret your arguments, you're saying that you have the right to decide when the agenda phase moves forward despite not having any votes to play. Since there was no decision to be made with those non-existent votes (a pass is forced), and there was no activity on the agenda discussion, I felt it safe to lock in that pass and ping Ketar for their votes to close out the grace period / open discussion. I'm sorry that you feel wronged by this, but I hope you understand my perspective that your request comes as surprising and unusual. I'm doing what feels most logical, and it feels consistent with how things have run in the past. The way things stand, there is insufficient argument to roll things back, so voting will continue to proceed as per my original judgement unless more players lodge complaints or requests for reversal. I don't want to override things without good enough reason.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    I don't really care either way in this particular situation, so if my vote needs to be rolled back fine. If it doesn't, also fine.

I will say that this game feels like it has gone on much longer than any of the other forum TI games, because players have frequently taken far, far longer than they should for many different things, and it made it difficult for me to care much about the game itself after a while. I think that enforcing timing at least a bit more strictly is a good thing that I fully support.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    I don't really care either way in this particular situation, so if my vote needs to be rolled back fine. If it doesn't, also fine.

I will say that this game feels like it has gone on much longer than any of the other forum TI games, because players have frequently taken far, far longer than they should for many different things, and it made it difficult for me to care much about the game itself after a while. I think that enforcing timing at least a bit more strictly is a good thing that I fully support.

I'm sorry that I've been a large part of the problem here. This year put a strain on the amount of attention and planning I usually do when I'm playing one of these games. I will try to be more on top of it going forward.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

38thDoe wrote: »
    Ketar wrote: »

I'm sorry that I've been a large part of the problem here. This year put a strain on the amount of attention and planning I usually do when I'm playing one of these games. I will try to be more on top of it going forward.

It is completely understandable that folks have been distracted or too busy with other things throughout this hell year. I'm not mad at anyone or anything like that. It's just caused the game itself to really drag at times in a way that has made it even harder for me to pay attention and plan, to the point that I just gave up on doing so and let Phyphor have Warfare because trying to play this game this way just hasn't been fun.

And I don't blame any of the other players for that, and I certainly don't blame MrBlarney for that. It's just the reality of trying to keep this going through such hellish times.

I want my sleep back, too. I was in the middle of a long work night when I was posting. So there's a bit of grumpiness here still, since I'm behind on sleep and still got work to do.

There will be times where player order must be strict (e.g. strategy phase, late-game objective claims) and other times where player order can be flexible (e.g. strategic action secondary plays). Even in that flexible group, players are allowed to wait until all other players behind them in line make their choices -- but it's still not forced. Voting on agendas has tended towards the strict side of things, but I've always counted early voting that's been locked in since it's a tactical disadvantage to lock yourself into a stance before you need to. To combat early voting disrupting any chance to play abilities or cards that depend on agenda timing, I've included a grace period after reveal for those abilities to be played safely. We actually had to codify this period in the first game or two of TI 4th edition, it wasn't originally there.

But I think the argument over player order versus asynchronicity isn't the real core of the issue. The way I interpret your arguments, you're saying that you have the right to decide when the agenda phase moves forward despite not having any votes to play. Since there was no decision to be made with those non-existent votes (a pass is forced), and there was no activity on the agenda discussion, I felt it safe to lock in that pass and ping Ketar for their votes to close out the grace period / open discussion. I'm sorry that you feel wronged by this, but I hope you understand my perspective that your request comes as surprising and unusual. I'm doing what feels most logical, and it feels consistent with how things have run in the past. The way things stand, there is insufficient argument to roll things back, so voting will continue to proceed as per my original judgement unless more players lodge complaints or requests for reversal. I don't want to override things without good enough reason.

This is all fine, and I understand your position.
    But Async voting or voting based on the assumption that I had nothing to do in my timing slot should be given the chance to be rolled back when that assumption is proven false.
    And the timing slot should prevail.
    Assuming no secret information has been revealed.

Frankly, in person, the same situation would have arose.
    I can't imagine playing the Agenda phase without a forced round of priority passing specifically for AC plays, as otherwise you're playing a game of 'Snap' when starting voting.
    So as Phyphor passed and before voting I would have nudged him.
    The only differences here are that PbP requires 24 hours for this pre-vote round, and it also allows secret plays through the host to enforce timing rules, which is why I had to wait until voting 'started' to nudge Phyphor.

If I hadn't been first in order, then I would have asked for acknowledgement for the rollback from people who have already voted, as suggested.
    But I'm losing sleep to the game, and making it drag, and haven't made anything happen in Agenda phases showing the flaws in my initial drafting strategy, and made an unforced error landing my GF to be annihilated.
    So I should be resigning, and am instead being dumb about this.

Anyway, happy with going with what you've decided, as it is your game.
    I'm arguing semantics here for no reason.

One issue with your argument here is that your 'voting slot' is after when all of the "when" and "after"-timed abilities should be resolved. Those things, the things you're asking to do, are part of the post-reveal, pre-voting period. You didn't need to wait until voting started to communicate and discuss things with other players; in fact, you should have done so before the voting period opened as per the flow of the game.

Anyways. Voting is on @MrBody.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    2 votes AGAINST

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Okay going back one page to find the agenda and cross referencing two pages back to the map shows that this will mildly inconvenience me so I think I'm all for unless anyone wants to convince me otherwise.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited January 2021
    One issue with your argument here is that your 'voting slot' is after when all of the "when" and "after"-timed abilities should be resolved. Those things, the things you're asking to do, are part of the post-reveal, pre-voting period. You didn't need to wait until voting started to communicate and discuss things with other players; in fact, you should have done so before the voting period opened as per the flow of the game.

Anyways. Voting is on MrBody.
    I had to wait to communicate because I did not know Phyphor was not going to act, as he's submitted conditional orders for this action before.
    And these actions have occurred at this time before in this game, aside it was before any votes or async votes occurred.

discrider on
    I had to wait to communicate because I did not know Phyphor was not going to act, as he's submitted conditional orders for this action before.
    And these actions have occurred at this time before in this game, aside it was before any votes or async votes occurred.
    Then why do you care if he failed to use his ability? On your second sentence, if you're referring to the clemency shown on the Agenda Phase in Round 2, well, that's a first-time leniency thing. After that, I consider it the player's responsibility to make use of their active abilities to their maximum extent.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Then why do you care if he failed to use his ability? On your second sentence, if you're referring to the clemency shown on the Agenda Phase in Round 2, well, that's a first-time leniency thing. After that, I consider it the player's responsibility to make use of their active abilities to their maximum extent.
    Seems sort of bad for a player to be screwed over by Christmas, and not having Phyphor use his ability makes this agenda boring and invalidates my choice of it in my Politics play.

Seems sort of bad for a player to be screwed over by Christmas, and not having Phyphor use his ability makes this agenda boring and invalidates my choice of it in my Politics play.
    All of this happened after the end of the end-of-year holiday forum; Phyphor even posted immediately after the second agenda was revealed. (Unless you are referring to yourself as having been screwed over, which I still don't quite understand.) If you want things to happen for your benefit, and your plans involve other players, you've gotta grease those social gears and reach out to them. We should probably take any further debate to PMs since it's getting a bit off the main line.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    All of this happened after the end of the end-of-year holiday forum; Phyphor even posted immediately after the second agenda was revealed. (Unless you are referring to yourself as having been screwed over, which I still don't quite understand.) If you want things to happen for your benefit, and your plans involve other players, you've gotta grease those social gears and reach out to them. We should probably take any further debate to PMs since it's getting a bit off the main line.
    Sorry, to be explicit: Just seems like Phyphor forgot his racial over the holiday, and there was no reason for him not to use it.
    But he's already accepted his mistake so..

As for it being to my benefit, it's not really, but all For is boring.

Look it's fine, I forgot I even had the ability and it's not like one tech is the breaking point of me being relevant vs not in this game

all for

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited February 2021
    Round 6: Start of Strategy Phase

First Agenda
    The top card of the Agenda deck is drawn, "Colonial Redistribution".
    Sol performs a transaction, giving 1 Trade Good to Naalu. (Sol TG 5 --> 4; Naalu TG 8 --> 9)
    Vote Results: 15 - Meer (Sol), 14 - Coorneeq (Winnu)
    Winnu loses 4 Infantry on Meer; Nekro places 1 Infantry on the planet and takes control of it.
    Second Agenda
    The top card of the Agenda deck is drawn, "Wormhole Reconstruction".
    Vote Results: 22 - FOR (Jol-Nar, Creuss, Naalu), 2 - AGAINST (Sol)
    Alpha and beta wormhole systems are now adjacent to one another.

Current Map: Round 6, Start of Strategy Phase

Current Technologies

Victory Points and Objectives
    Federation of Sol: 7 VP
    The Naalu Collective: 4 VP
    The Winnu: 3 VP
    Universities of Jol-Nar: 2 VP
    The Ghosts of Creuss: 2 VP
    Nekro Virus: 1 VP

Public Objectives
    Negotiate Trade Routes (1 VP): Spend 5 Trade Goods.: Naalu, Winnu
    Diversify Research (1 VP): Own 2 technologies in each of 2 colors.: Sol, Jol-Nar, Winnu, Naalu, Creuss
    Erect a Monument (1 VP): Spend 8 resources.: Naalu, Creuss
    Corner the Market (1 VP): Control 4 planets that each have the same planet trait.: Jol-Nar, Nekro
    Found Research Outposts (1 VP): Control 3 planets that have technology specialties.
    Unify the Colonies (2 VP): Control 6 planets that each have the same planet trait.
    Lead from the Front (1 VP): Spend a total of 3 tokens from your Tactic and/or Strategy pools.: Sol
    Master the Sciences (2 VP): Own 2 technologies in each of 4 colors.
    3 Stage II Objectives remain in the deck.

Secret Objectives
    The Winnu: 2 Secret Objectives in hand.
    Universities of Jol-Nar: 2 Secret Objectives in hand.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: 1 Secret Objective in hand.
    Nekro Virus: 1 Secret Objective in hand.
    Federation of Sol: 0 Secret Objectives in hand, 1 claimed:
    Fuel the War Machine (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have 3 Space Docks on the game board.
    The Naalu Collective: 3 Secret Objectives in hand.

Special Objectives
    Custodians of Mecatol Rex (1 VP): Claimed by Sol in Round 2.
    Seed of an Empire (1 VP): Gained by Sol in Round 2.
    Imperial Primary (1 VP): Gained by Sol in Round 3.
    Winnu Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by Naalu (Round 4).
    Naalu Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by Winnu (Round 4).
    Imperial Primary (1 VP): Gained by Sol in Round 5.

The Winnu (discrider)
    Commodities: 0 / 3
    Trade Goods: 0
    Action Cards: 2

Tactic Pool: 2
    Fleet Pool: 4
    Strategy Pool: 1

Promissory Notes: Naalu Ceasefire, Naalu Support for the Throne (Trade Agreement, Acquiescence)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Graviton Laser System, Hegemonic Trade Policy, Plasma Scoring, Duranium Armor, Assault Cannon, PDS II, War Sun

Worlds:
    R - Winnu (3R, 4I)
    R - Arinam (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Mellon (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    R - Thibah (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    R - Zohbat (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Salai Sai Corian: Combat Value 7 (x?), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. When this unit makes a combat roll, it rolls a number of dice equal to the number of your opponent's non-Fighter ships in this system.
    - Racial Technology: Lazax Gate Folding (Blue, requires 2 Blue): During your Tactical Actions, if you do not control Mecatol Rex, treat its system as if it contains both an Alpha and Beta wormhole. Action: If you control Mecatol Rex, exhaust this card to place 1 Infantry from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Technology: Hegemonic Trade Policy (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): Exhaust this card when 1 or more of your units use Production; swap the resource and influence value of 1 planet you control until the end of your turn.
    - Blood Ties: You do not have to spend influence to remove the Custodians token from Mecatol Rex.
    - Reclamation: After you resolve a Tactical Action during which you gained control of Mecatol Rex, you may place 1 PDS and 1 Space Dock from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Acquiescence: At the end of the Strategy Phase: Exchange 1 of your Strategy Cards with a Strategy Card that was chosen by the Winnu player. Then, return this card to the Winnu player.

Universities of Jol-Nar (Ketar)
    Commodities: 0 / 4
    Trade Goods: 16
    Action Cards: 3

Tactic Pool: 4
    Fleet Pool: 7
    Strategy Pool: 3

Promissory Notes: Creuss Ceasefire, Winnu Political Secret (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Research Agreement)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Hyper Metabolism, X-89 Bacterial Weapon, Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Light/Wave Deflector, Sarween Tools, E-Res Siphons, Plasma Scoring, Duranium Armor, Assault Cannon, Dreadnought II, Carrier II

Worlds:
    R - Jol (1R, 2I)
    R - Nar (2R, 3I)
    R - Lodor (Cultural, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: J.N.S. Hylarim: Combat Value 6 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. When making a combat roll for this ship, each (pre-modified) roll of 9 or 10 produces 2 additional hits.
    - Racial Technology: Spacial Conduit Cylinder (Blue, requires 2 Blue): You may exhaust this card after you activate a system that contains 1 or more of your units; that system is adjacent to all other systems that contain 1 or more of your units during this activation.
    - Racial Technology: E-Res Siphons (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): After another player activates a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, gain 4 Trade Goods.
    - Fragile: Apply -1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls.
    - Brilliant: When you spend a command token to resolve the secondary ability of the Technology Strategy card, you may resolve the primary ability instead.
    - Analytical: When you research a technology that is not a unit upgrade technology, you may ignore 1 prerequisite.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Research Agreement: After the Jol-Nar researches a technology that is not a faction technology: Gain that technology. Then, return this card to the Jol-Nar player.

The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo)
    Trade Goods: 4
    Action Cards: 3

Tactic Pool: 3
    Fleet Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne)
    Technology: Gravity Drive, Antimass Deflectors, Sarween Tools, Graviton Laser System, Plasma Scoring, Dimensional Splicer, PDS II

Worlds:
    R - Creuss (4R, 2I)
    R - Tar'mann (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    R - Vefut II (Hazardous, 2R, 2I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Hil Colish: Combat Value 5, Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. This ship's system contains a Delta wormhole. During movement, this ship may move before or after your other ships.
    - Racial Technology: Dimensional Splicer (Red, requires 1 Red): At the start of Space Combat in a system that contains a wormhole and 1 or more of your ships, you may produce 1 hit and assign it to 1 of your opponent's ships.
    - Racial Technology: Wormhole Generator (Blue, requires 2 Blue): At the start of the Status Phase, place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships.
    - Quantum Entanglement: You treat all systems that contain either an Alpha or Beta wormhole as adjacent to each other. Game effects cannot prevent you from using this ability.
    - Slipstream: During your Tactical Actions, apply +1 to the movement value of each of your ships that starts its movement in your home system or in a system that contains either an Alpha or Beta wormhole.
    - Creuss Gate: When the board is created, the Creuss Gate is placed where your home system would normally be placed. The Creuss Gate system is not a home system; your home system is placed in your play area.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Creuss IFF: At the start of your turn during the Action Phase: Place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships. Then, return this card to the Creuss player.

Nekro Virus (Phyphor)
    Trade Goods: 5
    Action Cards: 4

Fleet Pool: 6
    Strategy Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: Naalu Trade Agreement, Creuss Creuss IFF, Naalu Gift of Prescience (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne)
    Technology: Dacxive Animators, Hyper Metabolism, Gravity Drive, Light/Wave Deflector, Sarween Tools, Plasma Scoring, Assault Cannon, Advanced Carrier II via Valefar Assimilator X (Valefor Assimilator Y), Dreadnought II

Worlds:
    R - Mordai II (4R, 0I)
    R - Arnor (Industrial, 2R, 1I)
    R - Bereg (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    R - Centauri (Cultural, 1R, 3I)
    R - Dal Bootha (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    R - Gral (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    R - Lirta IV (Hazardous, 2R, 3I)
    R - Lor (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Meer (Hazardous, 0R, 4I, R)
    R - Tequ'ran (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    R - Torkan (Cultural, 0R, 3I)
    R - Xxehan (Cultural, 1R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: The Alastor: Combat Value 9 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. At the start of a Space Combat, choose any number of your ground forces in this system to participate in that combat as if they were ships.
    - Racial Technology: Valefar Assimilator X (colorless): When you would gain another player's technology using 1 of your faction's abilities, you may place the "X" assimilator on a faction technology owned by that player instead. While that token is on a technology, this card gains that technology's text. You cannot place an assimilator token on technology that already has an assimilator token.
    - Racial Technology: Valefar Assimilator Y (colorless): When you would gain another player's technology using 1 of your faction's abilities, you may place the "X" assimilator on a faction technology owned by that player instead. While that token is on a technology, this card gains that technology's text. You cannot place an assimilator token on technology that already has an assimilator token.
    - Galactic Threat: You cannot vote on Agendas. Once per Agenda Phase, after an Agenda is revealed, you may predict aloud the outcome of that Agenda. If your prediction is correct, gain 1 technology that is owned by a player who voted how you predicted.
    - Technological Singularity: Once per combat, after 1 of your opponent's units is destroyed, you may gain 1 technology that is owned by that player.
    - Propagation: You cannot research technology. When you would research a technology, gain 3 command tokens instead.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Antivirus: At the start of a combat: Place this card faceup in your play area. While this card is in your play area, the Nekro player cannot use his "Technological Singularity" faction ability against you. If you activate a system that contains 1 or more of the Nekro player's units, return this card to the Nekro player.

Federation of Sol (MrBody)
    Trade Goods: 4
    Action Cards: 4

Fleet Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne)
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Neural Motivator, Dacxive Animators, Hyper Metabolism, Advanced Carrier II, Fighter II

Worlds:
    R - Jord (4R, 2I)
    R - Mecatol Rex (1R, 6I)
    R - Coorneeq (Cultural, 1R, 2I)
    R - Mehar Xull (Hazardous, 1R, 3I, R)
    R - Resculon (Cultural, 2R, 0I)
    R - Saudor (Industrial, 2R, 2I)
    R - Wellon (Industrial, 1R, 2I, Y)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Advanced Carrier (Carrier): As Carrier, but Carry Capacity 6.
    - Racial Unit: Spec Ops (Infantry): As Infantry, but Combat Value 7.
    - Flagship: Genesis: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 12. Sustain Damage. At the end of the Status Phase, place 1 Infantry from your reinforcements in this system's space area.
    - Racial Technology: Spec Ops II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Green): As Infantry, but Combat Value 6. After this unit is destroyed, roll 1 die. If the result is 5 or greater, place the unit on this card. At the start of your next turn, place each unit that is on this card on a planet you control in your home system.
    - Racial Technology: Advanced Carrier II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue): As Carrier, but Movement 2, Capacity 8. Sustain Damage.
    - Orbital Drop: Action: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to place 2 Infantry from your reinforcements on 1 planet you control.
    - Versatile: When you gain command tokens during the Status Phase, gain 1 additional command token.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Military Support: At the start of the Sol player's turn: Remove 1 token from the Sol player's Strategy pool, if able, and return it to his reinforcements. Then, you may place 2 Infantry from your reinforcements on any planet you control. Then, return this card to the Sol player.

The Naalu Collective (38thDoe) SPEAKER
    Trade Goods: 9
    Action Cards: 5

Tactic Pool: 4
    Fleet Pool: 4
    Strategy Pool: 4

Promissory Notes: Winnu Ceasefire, Winnu Support for the Throne, Nekro Antivirus (Political Secret)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Hyper Metabolism, Neuroglaive, Sarween Tools, Antimass Deflectors, Light/Wave Deflector, Hybrid Crystal Fighter II, Carrier II, Infantry II

Worlds:
    R - Maaluuk (0R, 2I)
    R - Druaa (3R, 1I)
    R - New Albion (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    R - Quann (Cultural, 2R, 1I)
    R - Qucen'n (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Rarron (Cultural, 0R, 3I)
    R - Starpoint (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Hybrid Crystal Fighter (Fighter): As Fighter, but Combat Value 8.
    - Flagship: Matriarch: Combat Value 9 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 6. Sustain Damage. During an invasion in this system, you may commit Fighters to planets as if they were ground forces. When combat ends, return those units to the space area.
    - Racial Technology: Hybrid Crystal Fighter II (unit upgrade, requires 1 Green and 1 Blue): As Fighter, but Combat Value 7, Movement 2. Does not need to be Carried; each Fighter in excess of your ships' Capacity counts as 1/2 of a ship against your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Technology: Neuroglaive (Green, requires 3 Green): After another player activates a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, that player removes 1 token from his Fleet pool and returns it to his reinforcements.
    - Telepathic: At the end of the Strategy Phase, place the Naalu "0" token on the Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order.
    - Foresight: After another player moves ships into a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, you may place 1 token from your Strategy pool in an adjacent system that does not contain another player's ships; move your ships from the active system into that system.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Gift of Prescience: At the end of the Strategy Phase: place this card face up in your play area and place the Naalu "0" token on your Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order. The Naalu player cannot use his "Telepathic" faction ability during this game round. Return this card to the Naalu player at the end of the Status Phase.

Ongoing Game Effects
    Minister of Commerce - Held by Naalu. When Naalu replenishes commodities, they gain 1 Trade Good for each other player that is their neighbor.
    Minister of War - Held by Naalu. After performing an action, Naalu may discard this card to remove 1 of their command tokens from the game board and return it to their reinforcements; then, they may perform 1 additional action.
    Wormhole Reconstruction - All systems that contain either an alpha or beta wormhole are adjacent to each other.

Order of Play
    The Naalu Collective (@38thDoe)
    The Winnu (discrider)
    Universities of Jol-Nar (Ketar)
    The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo)
    Nekro Virus (Phyphor)
    Federation of Sol (MrBody)

There are 3 Trade Goods on the (4) Construction Strategy Card and 1 Trade Good on the (2) Diplomacy Strategy Card; the player that selects one of these cards immediately claims the attached Trade Goods.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    Not sure what you're after, but I'm looking at Warfare to ensure I can appropriately invade MR, if that matters at all.

I messed up my previous call, @38thDoe to select a Strategy Card.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Construction
    @discrider

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Warfare
    See what happens
    @Ketar

edited January 2021
    Technology
    @Phyphor

A Half Eaten Oreo on
    Well at least cruess is still predictable

Leadership. Will not use naalus note

@MrBody

Diplomacy

edited February 2021
    Round 6: Start of Action Phase

The Naalu Collective: Select the (4) Construction Strategy Card, claiming 3 Trade Goods. (TG 9 --> 12)
    The Winnu: Select the (6) Warfare Strategy Card.
    Universities of Jol-Nar: Select the (3) Politics Strategy Card.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: Select the (7) Technology Strategy Card.
    Nekro Virus: Select the (1) Leadership Strategy Card.
    Federation of Sol: Select the (2) Diplomacy Strategy Card, claiming 1 Trade Good. (TG 4 --> 5)
    Trade Goods are placed on the unselected (5) Trade and (8) Imperial Strategy Cards.
    Naalu uses racial ability Telepathy to change their initiative value to 0.

Order of Play
    The Naalu Collective (@38thDoe) - (0) Construction Current Player
    Nekro Virus (Phyphor) - (1) Leadership
    Federation of Sol (MrBody) - (2) Diplomacy
    Universities of Jol-Nar (Ketar) - (3) Politics
    The Winnu (discrider) - (6) Warfare
    The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo) - (7) Technology

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    Build PDS and space dock on starpoint.

@Phyphor
    @MrBody
    @Ketar
    @discrider
    @A Half Eaten Oreo
    for secondary spend token to get space dock or PDS

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Pass.