As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I don't see what else it could be, yeah. Personally I think it's going to be more of a Soulblight update, potentially rolling in some of the hangers-on from Legions of Nagash (Dire wolves, zombies, etc.) rather than a wholly new pirate-themed faction, but certainly vampires in some form or other.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    hedonites getting a second 2nd ed book would be extremely weird, but they got a lot of new units so no clue

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Yeah, I think that would almost definitely be the shortest lead time between codex updates (maybe some of the space marine stuff beats it), which is why I assume a Broken Realms update is more likely. But the book is also, like, three FAQs deep on fairly substantial changes that I suppose it wouldn't hurt to reprint (not that it's the only book in that position, of course), and if you just throw in a bunch more mortal units with the Hedonites keyword you get some weird interactions like mortal heroes getting access to the locus ability or being affected by the greater demon's command ability, which is inconsistent with all of the other chaos god factions.
    So I don't know, could go either way I guess!

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    New book confirmed

• pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    I love the look of the new Steeds! They capture the essence of the old one but all the new embellishments fit perfectly.

gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    So long, new Bonercast Eternals army I barely managed to want to paint. Hello, new Slaanesh army.

well my slaanesh armies now gets mortal followers to toss into the mix
    Still I am going to try to get the boob snake lord now

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Well, guess its time to finally build those Juan Diaz Deamonettes and Seekers i got in a box when they were made to order a few years ago

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    The steeds are amazing and the rest of the models is so good, too. Every Chaos release by GW blows the rest of of the releases out of the water, I think. It's their most consistently great model line in the last few years.

• ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

book snake lord?

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular

book snake lord?

Boob snake lord:
    0cyskiekbsu1.jpeg
    (Possibly NSFW)

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    Mr_Rose wrote: »

book snake lord?

Boob snake lord:
    0cyskiekbsu1.jpeg
    (Possibly NSFW)

I have one of those I think!

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Bit of a new design language there. Armour and weapons look more techy. A little bit more tied to the newer background

• LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    honovere wrote: »
    Bit of a new design language there. Armour and weapons look more techy. A little bit more tied to the newer background

I know the joke's been made a lot already, but: that Skink's got a Thermal Detonator.

//

Damn, they look good.

And I say damn, because I was hoping to keep the number of warbands I buy down. Khagra's Ravagers were super tempting; I thought I could resist the 'Stalkers as well but... damn, they look good.

(I am 99% sure I'll be picking up whatever March's release is, those outlines look super cool. For April, I'm in trouble if it's Forest Goblins or Wurrzag-inspired savage orcs, but will be able to skip more standard Bonesplitterz. Ossiarch and Idoneth will have to wait for previews, as both lines are chockablock with designs I either love or loathe.)

//

Just noticed that the main Skink isn't a wizard. That's... a little unexpected.

LordSolarMacharius on
    I guess they're supposed to be a priest rather than a wizard, Seraphon have a few of those I think.

• LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    (Having stopped paying attention to the hobby for quite a while, and only getting back into it a few years ago, I didn't realise that Seraphon Skink Priests aren't wizards. Lizardmen Skink Priests always were - that was their entire raison d'être.)

(Having stopped paying attention to the hobby for quite a while, and only getting back into it a few years ago, I didn't realise that Seraphon Skink Priests aren't wizards. Lizardmen Skink Priests always were - that was their entire raison d'être.)

they added multiple types of skink wizards and just downgraded priests

there are skink starpriests, for instance, that are wizards

also please god nerf the shit out of kroak and skinks

I'm begging you

I wonder how hard it will be to give that Saurus a leopard pelt or something else out of John Blanche's 5th edition conversion ideas.

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Does anyone know how daemonettes and any of the daughters of khaine models compare size-wise?

I'm expanding my 40k daemons and I absolutely dislike the daemonette models. I'm big and clumsy and I've got at least a half dozen daemonettes with arms that have broken off because they're so tiny and delicate and I have big clumsy smashy-hands.

I need a couple squads to flesh out some detachments and I want to find an alternative model... my friends use rule of cool over WYSIWYG any day, so count's as are fine as long as they're roughly the same size models and for sure the same size bases.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Daughters of Khaine models are a little bit smaller and considerably frailer than Daemonettes in my (relatively limited) experience.

Burnage wrote: »
    Daughters of Khaine models are a little bit smaller and considerably frailer than Daemonettes in my (relatively limited) experience.

Well crap

I might just shuffle my list so my Slaaneshi are in a vanguard or whatever and buy more Fiends.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    They're both on the same size bases, but the witch aelves are more slender, it would be a bit tricky to do, say, straight arm swaps without it looking a little odd I suspect, also probably worth noting witch aelves are considerably more expensive than daemonettes if you're buying new.

I have a tonne of both models so I'll try and remember to take some comparison pics for you later.

They're both on the same size bases, but the witch aelves are more slender, it would be a bit tricky to do, say, straight arm swaps without it looking a little odd I suspect, also probably worth noting witch aelves are considerably more expensive than daemonettes if you're buying new.

I have a tonne of both models so I'll try and remember to take some comparison pics for you later.

Awesome, I'd appreciate it

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    Not quite what you were asking for @Khraul but I just stumbled over this image on Twitter which might be relevant to you, it at least shows the relative size of daemonette bodies and DoK arms/heads.

edited January 2021
    I like those a lot... I might need to start converting and just deal with fiddly little models

I just want everything to be robust like nurgle models.

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    Khraul wrote: »
    I like those a lot... I might need to start converting and just deal with fiddly little models

I just want everything to be robust like nurgle models.

let me introduce you to my very hungry real adult sons, ogors

There's not a lot that's robust when it comes to Slaanesh models!

Not the best picture but here's a quick comparison shot:

0e67fcwmfea9.jpg

So they are fairly similar in size, but I know for a fact you'll need to do some trimming to get decent arm swaps as the joins are not compatible across kits.

Oh yeah, that looks like it'd be a lot of work and probably some green stuff.

Also still very teeny breakable models.

I think I'm just going to run more fiends.

Thanks very much for the pic Halos

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    No problem.

You probably wouldn't need to use green stuff I don't think, maybe on the necks but even then you could probably just clip it. But witch aelves are definitely pretty breakable as far as infantry models go, more so than daemonettes I'd say. You may want to consider looking at drukhari wyches as a base, or potentially some of the Warcry or Blood Bowl squads.

I know in the army books it gives sample armies to build/play with What are the ones in the realm lords book?

My brother has been pushing to expand his Realm Lords past the release box and the fact I owe him from last year
    I got employed again just before his birthday but I would get paid after it, I promised to make it up it to him later but the pandemic
    I was going to do a one stop trip and get him
    1 Dawnrider 1 Warden 2 Sentinel 1 Cathallar 1 Stonemage and maybe the endless spell stuff
    I already bought the warden and dawnrider from people parting out the release box. He does want to get the hammer elves but the rumor that Tyrion's realm lords or the other parts of the realm lords are coming out this year is why they are in the maybe pile
    Things like It's a swordmaster of Hoeth 2.0 in the Direchasm box is what makes him think Tyrion's are the missing half? of the realm lords book as his are more martial prowess compared to the ??? of Teclis'

But for both of us it becomes a storage problem
    The magnets and metal sheets kind would work but both of us have fragile units is why are not thinking about it

I do not think we will see Tyrion's realmlords any time soon, I suspect they will save that for whenever a second battletome is due, we know new Lumineth kits are coming but I'd bet those are going to be filling out some of the rest of the elemental temples on Teclis's side of things before we get to any Tyrionic stuff.

I'm afraid I don't know what the sample armies from the book are, but your selection of kits there seems pretty good to me, maybe another box of wardens if you can swing it. I haven't seen many lists running the Stonemage, but that's probably more because a lot of people are playing around with Teclis who makes other dedicated wizards a little redundant!

• Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Speaking of your brothers elves, if you can convince him to play Warcry, the new Grand Alliance order book, he should be able to create a Old World Woodelf army using a Cities of Sigmar list, no need for treants etc.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
    Speaking of your brothers elves, if you can convince him to play Warcry, the new Grand Alliance order book, he should be able to create a Old World Woodelf army using a Cities of Sigmar list, no need for treants etc.

He is quite salty about what his wood/high elves became in AoS
    I got from a reseller a hell of a deal on Alarielle and a bunch of Dryads to get him to play AoS as it is one of his complaints that I got the army I always wanted in warhammer Witch elves
    His wood elf army did not have many dryads so my little act did boost his old army but like I said what his army became in AoS did upset him this is why after all the armies I tired to get him interested in {the Idoneth {I got the book and the xmas deal he flipped though the book got to a point closed it saying nope, The bonereapers he was interested in till they said it was Nasgash's and just the models,loon curse for the Sylvaneth so he said he might play them
    It's the realm lords even though in his words they are lacking in both the book and such is why he likes them but the Satyr elves the ones in beastgrave he has questions about since they seem with what scant lore the rebirth of the wood elves but who knows

He is quite salty about what his wood/high elves became in AoS
    I got from a reseller a hell of a deal on Alarielle and a bunch of Dryads to get him to play AoS as it is one of his complaints that I got the army I always wanted in warhammer Witch elves
    His wood elf army did not have many dryads so my little act did boost his old army but like I said what his army became in AoS did upset him this is why after all the armies I tired to get him interested in {the Idoneth {I got the book and the xmas deal he flipped though the book got to a point closed it saying nope, The bonereapers he was interested in till they said it was Nasgash's and just the models,loon curse for the Sylvaneth so he said he might play them
    It's the realm lords even though in his words they are lacking in both the book and such is why he likes them but the Satyr elves the ones in beastgrave he has questions about since they seem with what scant lore the rebirth of the wood elves but who knows

He can actually use all of his old Woodelf models in Warcry under the Cities of Sigmar banner, they just released the rules for them in the new Grand Alliance book “Sentinels of Order” which amusingly is also where your Daughters of Khaine army is.

steam_sig.png
    I know I have the cites book which he refuses to read so I might get him with the realm lords I have yet to buy the Sylvaneth book so he has a idea what he has and can play with

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I picked up some cheap heroes for my Stormcast army, including a Knight Heraldor. I used to borrow a friend's whenever I wanted to use one, and the store owners at the shop we used to play at got mad because we'd play Feels so Good by Chuck Mangione whenever he did anything useful on the table.

I play home games exclusively now, but it'll be fun painting that guy up and bringing him the next time I play AOS.

Oh, I checked out Varanscribe since it’s been updated with all the new Grand Alliance information.

Slaves of Darkness in Warcry now have rules for the Lord on Karkadrak and Chaos Knights as well as the Varanguard :o

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.