As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] I am free to pursue my real dreams: Hip Hop

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Wow. Looks like DeNa listened to our feedback. Random relic AND 50 Mythril.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Lol used the Mythril on this banner, see if I got something cool for Estinien or Vaan. 1/11 wind chain. Lol oh well. At least I got my costume stamp.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Hrmm. 500 Mythril for ten 11 pulls, a USB/Glint/Sync select, AND a random USB/Glint/Sync?

I'm sad banner 3 went away. I'm tempted to drop 10 pulls now.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I also dropped stuff on the banner to get the costume. Came out with Estinien’s Awakening and LMR. Not bad, but I think Fang still wins, since I don’t have his new USB. Worth a try, though. And I’m glad I have some stuff to use with the new costume.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Yet another ticket at fire: Scott USB (dupe), OK AOSB (MAG). OK's getting really stacked now, and a 6* +water MAG hat is pretty nice.

• Options
    I also used today's ticket and 15 mythril to pull on the Ice and XII banners. Didn't get much to speak of. From Ice, a chance-to-imperil LMR for Seven. It's cute, but right now I could do better with Ysayle or even Reynn for Ice Imperil, since they can get EnIce. From XII, a dupe LMR for Penelo, and an LMR for Ashe that adds the chance to chase Lightning magic with a 3-hit attack and a small heal to one person. That's interesting, because I could use it alongside dualcast lightning.

Not exactly a great haul, but I'll experiment with the Ashe thing later.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    My ticket was just two USB dupes, one of which I think I could have two 8* copies of the weapon at this point.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Does anyone have experience with Dragoon Syncs? How do they work with Jump/Airtime?

Estinen's Hero ability has a 3.3 cast time, but no air time, while Sky High has a standard cast time but long air time.

If you link these abilities to Sync commands, does Airtime matter?

Do Dragoon Sync jump commands themselves have airtimes? Do you still need to Hurricane Bolt?

For Estinien's HA, the no air time buff does nothing, but instant jumps looks important, for example.

(Can you tell I'm considering B4 pulls :rotate: )

• Options
    Oh yeah, meant to post this earlier.

@Brody - if you're still around and playing and haven't used all your mythril by the end of banner 5, there's "element" and "realm" draw banners too - each one is 15 mythril for an 11-draw, which is by far the best bang for buck in catch up you'll find. They refresh every 6 months or so, so try to work through them.

Additionally, you probably got some tickets which give you free draws on some of those banners.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Does anyone have experience with Dragoon Syncs? How do they work with Jump/Airtime?

Estinen's Hero ability has a 3.3 cast time, but no air time, while Sky High has a standard cast time but long air time.

If you link these abilities to Sync commands, does Airtime matter?

Do Dragoon Sync jump commands themselves have airtimes? Do you still need to Hurricane Bolt?

For Estinien's HA, the no air time buff does nothing, but instant jumps looks important, for example.

(Can you tell I'm considering B4 pulls :rotate: )

If you sync to a Dragoon ability with air-time, then the Dragoon stays in the air as normal. As an example, I have Fang's Sync. If I don't have the 0 air-time buff from her command 2 (or Hurricane Bolt), then she will stay in the air if I sync to Sky High with command 1. Estinien's Hero Ability, Stardiver, sounds like it would indeed work best with his Sync. It already has 0 air-time, and using the ability via a Sync command would remove the long cast-time issue. Stardiver is also good with his USB2. If one has his USB1 and Awakening, then Sky High is probably better.

The weird thing is that he probably still wants to have Hurricane Bolt, even with his sync and Stardiver. His Sync is the kind that incentivizes actually using both commands; he gets a new buff after using command 2 twice, which makes command 1 more effective thereafter. Command 1 syncs to Dragoon skills, but Command 2 syncs to Wind or Dark. He could maybe use Touched By Darkness if going for Dark, but his only good options for Wind are Dragoon abilities (because I doubt anyone is using his 4-star Celerity access to use Wind Slash). But Stardiver is still probably the best thing to use with Sync command 1. Dragoons can be awkward.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Man... Cloud kinda rules in Wind teams these days, huh? Normally, a team would largely be characters that you got lucky with in the gacha. But Cloud's USB1 is such a power tool that people legit question if his Wind Awakening is worth using. And on top of that, his Wind USB is lensable; the two together are as good a combo as his Awakening and USB. I've recently got a bunch of Wind tools, but like, not even Bartz has been able to unseat Cloud.

I might have been annoyed by how much Cloud centralizes the Wind team strategy, but I'm honestly just happy that he gives you the option for a total powerhouse unit without any mythril spent.

Sephiroth too, now that I think about it. Just takes some lenses to have one of the best Dark users.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I only disagree with the these days part.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited January 2021
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I only disagree with the these days part.

Yeah, fair.

I moreso was thinking about how you can get the really important stuff with just lenses now, and the unlensable stuff (like his Arcane Overstrike) is kinda win-more.

That, and him having a Hero Ability and no longer needing to use Raging Quadstrike for Wind.

Enlong on
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Who are these people that question whether his Awakening is worth using? Because swinging twice per turn is real good

Granted, that's in conjunction with the ultra.

Fry on
  • Options
    Fry wrote: »
    Who are these people that question whether his Awakening is worth using? Because swinging twice per turn is real good

Maybe I'm using outdated info. I just remember that when I was trying Titan, some people would suggest his USBWind over his Awakening

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I did it with just USB but then I never drew his awakening. Most awakenings are pretty good.

The other ones you pull in the "lucky" AASB draw

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Fry wrote: »

Maybe I'm using outdated info. I just remember that when I was trying Titan, some people would suggest his USBWind over his Awakening

It all depends on if you can cap. Back when Titan was new, he was very tanky so going over 19k was difficult. Like Cloud is probably the reason they don't want to add an extra LMR spot because if you aren't using his Sync you have to find a way to get the following fit in 15 secs:

USB1 to BDL 9
    Crit Damage (Crit Fix was an issue with Tyro Teams)
    EnWind 3 stacks (without his Sync that meant LMR + Glint + USB/AASB)

So depending on how much of the above you have you need to juggle 3 LMs:

Much Sword LMR
    Doublecast Wind LMR
    EnWind LMR

People were suggesting USB/Awakening if you had bad stats and couldn't cap so making him be a baby Bartz with exra hits from USB chase and random doublecast procs made sense. Cloud these days with his Record Board has no issue on Titan hitting those 90+ hits with a high chase count + Imperils on Titan.

• Options
    And yeah, in my opinion Cloud is just too good with his base kit due to USB1. Like tbh, it makes sense that they gave Zidane and Vaan some broken ass Syncs/AASBs to compete.

• Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    The problem with Cloud is that he takes time and meter to set up, so you're pretty much required to bring an entruster.

Sephiroth on the other hand fixes all these problems if you have the right kit. His AASB gives two bars, his G+ gives instacast, and his BDL USB gives endark. So you can go AASB, G+, USB and very quickly have BDL9, 3 stacks of endark, and do it all with 2/3 instacasts. He's gross.

• Options
    rattletrap wrote: »
    The problem with Cloud is that he takes time and meter to set up, so you're pretty much required to bring an entruster.

Sephiroth on the other hand fixes all these problems if you have the right kit. His AASB gives two bars, his G+ gives instacast, and his BDL USB gives endark. So you can go AASB, G+, USB and very quickly have BDL9, 3 stacks of endark, and do it all with 2/3 instacasts. He's gross.

the order is a bit off. Sure his G+ gives Endark but you actually want to do G+ > AASB and then USB BDL to get 3 stacks. If you do your order you miss out on the first stack. This is also one of the reasons I haaaaaaaaate Twin Mode G+s. Becuase you have to G+, use a skill, THEN AASB or you miss out on the Empowered Infusion.

• Options
    rattletrap wrote: »

I've been equipping Cloud with Braver and Omega Drive, and it seems to work well. He does lag behind the chain user and the other DPS, but that also means that he's ready at about the time Tyro is ready to fire off his Awakening or USB. Once Cloud gets 2 soul breaks' worth of meter, I use his USBWind, then his USB1. Alternatively, I could pair the USB and Awakening instead.

The main issue here is that against something that loves Wind Diffusion, that doesn't give him a lot of wiggle room. He'd need one more Omega Drive use to get enough for his Glint. Of course, his Glint+ is now lensable as well, so he can get that for free, (albeit with a hefty lens inestment).

I used to Entrust to him, but it's not quite so necessary anymore.

• Options
    Rage falls to 1
    OSB
    Rage Fades.
    Rage Rises to 3!
    Zantetsuken 3

Sigh.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Yeah. That happens. :(

Cast time on Zantetsuken is a little bit longer than his other moves, so I found I could often sneak in one more round of attacks before it went off. But if he's at a non-3 rage level, sometimes it pays to wait.

Keep a close eye on that health bar, 90/87/84/81 (note: not 80) are the magic death numbers.

For my first couple of clears, the plan was to have any random person push him below one of those numbers, then have someone else call magicite to break a rage and wait. Zantetsuken Two sucks, but at least you get to keep playing.

Fry on
  • Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    So what's the deal here? Made it to Argent Gungnir for the first time and it just instantly oneshot-killed me. The AI says it should set me to 1 hp, is it because of the painflare?

Edit: It was the painflare, so if you don't go fast enough to skip that you need a last stand to survive painflare and then another to survive gungnir. Fun times.

Maytag on
    3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    Are we getting new events every 4 days now? I feel like this is the opposite of how events during fests used to work.

• Options
    Maytag wrote: »
    So what's the deal here? Made it to Argent Gungnir for the first time and it just instantly oneshot-killed me. The AI says it should set me to 1 hp, is it because of the painflare?

Edit: It was the painflare, so if you don't go fast enough to skip that you need a last stand to survive painflare and then another to survive gungnir. Fun times.

I used Lenna AASB to revive from Death; it grants Shield, which was still up for everyone but slot 5, and it blocked the pain flare. Looks like magic blink should also be able to block.

That pain only lasts 8s, it should wear off around the second Zantetsuken.

• Options
    Yeah I'm swapping tyro for aerith and blinking it with her unique. This sure is hard, but I still had plenty of gas when I got killed so I feel like I can do it.

• Options
    Daily hit: sabin burst. Hey, it's new

• Options
    Got him! That was really tense near the end, he'd already started his countdown.

Was my first Argent Odin and downed him with:

Tidus SASB1/AASB/USB1/AOSB
    Aerith USB1/Fury Brand
    Paine AASB/USB1/CSB
    Rikku rCSB/AASB/SASB
    Elarra USB1/USB2/AASB

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Well, I had two pulls. Curilla chain, Curilla AASB, Aisle (sp) AASB, and Cloud Sync. Is it worth running his USB1 or 2 with his Snyc?

Edit: are there any standout USB's to pick?

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Two pulls since I want some realm chains.

Curilla Awakening (good because XI is generally weak for me)
    IV chain
    II chain
    Cloud Sync

I'd say that's a winner. IV and II Dreambreakers should be very doable now.

• Options
    Three pulls on Banner 5:
    Quistis rCSB - Actually pretty useful considering my VIII AASB/SASB are Squall, Raijin, and Zell, plus it's DB tech thanks to the Full Make.
    Cloud SASB2 - Cloud Keeper rides again! This is a Sephiroth-type Sync, isn't it? Looks like my wind and dark teams are both FF7-only. 8-)
    Pecil rCSB - Looks like IV is going to need a permanent Entrust bot...
    Curilla rCSB - Sweet!

I'd like more Alisaie stuff, but I'd be pushing my luck considering I'm now at 4 dupes. Got 50 mythril left, so I'm pondering a single pull on Banner 4 since I have zero dupes there.

• Options
    Brody wrote: »
    Well, I had two pulls. Curilla chain, Curilla AASB, Aisle (sp) AASB, and Cloud Sync. Is it worth running his USB1 or 2 with his Snyc?

Cloud USB1 is always good, but I'm not sure how it pairs with stuff. Curilla's got an okay USB, but not amazing. Not sure about Alisae

• Options
    II team:
    Hilda - two USBs, G+
    Maria - USB, OSB, AASB, AOSB
    Minwu - wcast lmr, g+, AASB, sync, USB, Healing USB
    Firion - AASB, OSB, all three USB, wcast samurai AND knight
    Josef - chain, USB, g+

I've got that bonkers gordon AASB too, if I want to swap in an entrust bot

IV team - TOO MANY OPTIONS:
    healer: rosa with two USB and AASB
    Porom with USB and AASB and wcast

Pcecil - realm chain, all three USB, glint, aosb, and like 4 lmr including wcast knight and holy

Ridiculous number of dps options:
    Kain: wcast, AASB, osb, two USB
    Ceodore: AASB, aosb, g+ two USB
    Edge: ssb, every lmr, sync, usb
    dCecil: AASB, aosb
    Rydia: wcast summon, sync, g+, aosb, osb, bubsys (all earth)
    Fusoya: AASB
    Golbez: sync, usb, chain
    Barbie: AASB

Other: Edward has his boost usb if I want an entrust bot.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Did a 100 gemmer: Squall Sync
    Did a pull: Pecil chain, Alisaie AASB, Serah Sync

I've been thinking of quitting but that's the best haul I've gotten in a while. Will have to at least try this stuff out.

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »

Cloud USB1 is always good, but I'm not sure how it pairs with stuff. Curilla's got an okay USB, but not amazing. Not sure about Alisae

I’d say that Cloud’s USB1 pairs very well with his Dark Sync.

The Sync’s command 2 syncs to Dark abilities and gives him 2 charges of Heavy Charge. It also gives him 100% crits, boosts his crit damage, and gives him 8 extra levels of damage limit break for one turn. This effectively gives him the same buff suite as his USB1 (combined with the cap break from using the Sync, it brings his damage cap up to 99999), with a bonus crit damage buff. However, if you use his USB1 before using the Sync, you don’t need to actually use command 2, especially if you already have a crit-Damage boost effect in your team.

Also, using the USB1 alongside the Sync means you can have Cloud ignore Heavy Combat. Command 1 is a 6-hit attack with a speed boost for 2 turns. It’s clearly intended for you to alternate, but you can just equip Braver in slot 1, and spam command 1 for a pair of speedy 6-hit attacks.

That said, if you equip Darkness Swing in slot 2, Cloud can do a full-power Darkness Swing every turn, which is cute, if nothing else.

• Options

The Sync’s command 2 syncs to Dark abilities and gives him 2 charges of Heavy Charge. It also gives him 100% crits, boosts his crit damage, and gives him 8 extra levels of damage limit break for one turn. This effectively gives him the same buff suite as his USB1 (combined with the cap break from using the Sync, it brings his damage cap up to 99999), with a bonus crit damage buff. However, if you use his USB1 before using the Sync, you don’t need to actually use command 2, especially if you already have a crit-Damage boost effect in your team.

Also, using the USB1 alongside the Sync means you can have Cloud ignore Heavy Combat. Command 1 is a 6-hit attack with a speed boost for 2 turns. It’s clearly intended for you to alternate, but you can just equip Braver in slot 1, and spam command 1 for a pair of speedy 6-hit attacks.

That said, if you equip Darkness Swing in slot 2, Cloud can do a full-power Darkness Swing every turn, which is cute, if nothing else.

you forget the imperils Cloud can quickly stack.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Got my 1800-day ticket today. As per usual, I got another copy of Sephiroth's dark AASB.

The damned thing is at 9/15 now.

I'm not even gonna bother honing it. With my luck this thing is gonna be fully honed from dupes by the summer.

Darklyre on
  • Options

you forget the imperils Cloud can quickly stack.

True. Its certainly a viable option (probably put Braver in slot 1 and Darkness Swing in slot 2). However, a good Dark team can already get a lot of imperils; anyone with dualcast dark and Touched By Darkness can do well at that task, with or without a soul break that does imperil. So it’s a question of whether Cloud needs to imperil, or if he can get away with purely focusing on damage.

• Options