As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santa 2020! The elf is now off the shelf...

• KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    I can't believe I forgot about this! Stupid life getting in the way....

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    emhyhwS.gif

So I got the first part of my Secret Santa gift on Christmas day, but since the holiday forums were up for some time, I didn't get around to posting it.
    suy5z3hd5akv.png

Well, the package in question arrived today! In a strange box, I might add.
    wv7oses42tw2.jpeg

I can't eat all that!

Looking inside, we see all the goodies!
    w127tt4bcapn.jpeg

8vneecsxf1zb.jpeg

That is a BIG brownie.

i4j3ng7eg3ho.jpeg

Free him!

blupdvu5082y.jpeg

It's Alpha! Employee of the Year of Garlond Ironworks! And he even comes with the miniature Omega that they made to accompany him on his travels at the end of the raid series! That's awesome!

Context:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD3zHT10R8k

It even came with a nice letter. It has some private info in it, so I'll transcribe the safe parts.
    Dear Zython,

Happy New Year! Also Merry Christmas (late), but technically Epiphany doesn't happen until January 6th, so hopefully this makes it to you there it time.

I wasn't sure what to get you beyond something off your Steam Wishlist. However, I saw that you play a lot of Final Fantasy XIV, so I hope this little guy will help keep you company and bring you some luck along the way.

My family does a lot of baking during the Christmas season, so we wanted to send you some of our favorites. There are chocolate-dipped pretzels, regular and white chocolate crunch clusters (it's a combination of Capitan Crunch, marshmallows, Almond Bark and nuts known only to my Grandmother-in-law and my daughter), and fruitcake. You might want to baste the fruitcake in bourbon for a few days before eating, if that's your thing. It's a little dry otherwise.

Usually, we send along a current Christmas card in these Secret Santa boxes, but since 2020 was a dumpster fire, we're recycling our 2019 cards instead. Just add one to the ages of all the kids.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy everything. And if you ever happen to go to PAX South, maybe we'll see you there.

Best Wishes,

Shdwcaster

These are great gifts! The food looks yummy, and I have been playing FFXIV a ton during the pandemic.

And who was the kind soul who sent me these goodies (if you read the letter pretend to be shocked here)? Why, none other than @shdwcaster! Thank you so much!

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    Blast, I forgot to post this here as well - emhyhwS.gif

I received a mysterious email from Humble Bundle referring to a gift from an unknown email -
    u0Wi2WL.png

It turns out to be for Per Aspera - a martian city builder / management sim I had been looking at on Steam, and then a message arrived from one @Brovid Hasselsmof, exposing themselves as Satan!. Apparently, there is a thing on the way, which I eagerly anticipate, but I must build on Mars in the meantime. Honestly, building on Mars on it's own is awesome, so thank you very much!

Merry New Year / Happy Xmas to ye!

n57PM0C.jpg
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    weunpxuba7k1.png

I've been tardy, and I apologize. I received one package shortly before Christmas, and another shortly after.

First, Santa gave me two board games to play with my kids. I'm now the proud and excited owner of GPS, Mountain Goats, and an expansion for each that raises the player count. So far we've tried Mountain Goats, and it's a lot of fun! Both say they play in a bout 10 minutes. I find board game estimates to be almost always wrong so I was thrilled when we played Mountain Goats in about 20 minutes. Not bad for an initial run where 5 people were learning the rules and 4 of those people are in elementary school!

I forgot to snap a picture of these (was too curious to see what came from a shop called "Board Game Tables" in such a not-table-sized box) so pay no attention to Sequoia in the middle.
    mxlmf3viqsvk.png

Next up, I received a very heavy box with many things in it. First, I have to say the wrapping was awesome. Santa, it turns out, has some lovely architectural drawings laying around to use as scrap paper. I took and loved drafting in high school, my first real job was a draftsman for a local mobile parts manufacturer, and I wanted to pursue architecture in college, but it wasn't offered anywhere I could afford to go so it was a real treat to get packages wrapped in paper with nifty front elevations on them!
    c2h1su4eawcz.jpg

After unwrapping the gifts, I found a stack of comics that I've already started reading. Planet Hulk is the early favorite. Following that is a copy of "The Airship Adventures of Little Nemo" which I hadn't heard of before but will be reading just as soon as I finish up "Woken Furies." After that, my oldest son has already called dibs on reading it next. And Santa found out that we're a family of vegetarians as well so I've now got a copy of "America's Test Kitchen: Vegan for Everybody," and we're trying out a chili recipe this weekend that sounds delicious. My wife and I are always looking for ways to inject more variety into our weekly menu-planning sessions, and this book has already come in handy. And last, but not least, I was given a copy of The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch! It's installed already and I'll be digging in either after I finish Dicey Dungeons or when I just can't wait anymore. I haven't played LA since I was a kid, and the graphic treatment Nintendo used for the remake looks fantastic. Thank you Santa! Everything you sent is a hit! :)
    fpj1oa1dcoxb.jpg

camo_sig2.png
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    BoardGameTables is doing some really solid ... uh, deluxe? ... versions of games. I love Bites!

• IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    @jclast I'm glad you're enjoying things already and I hope that chili works well for you, my partner and I thought that recipe was awesome! Do let me know how Link's Awakening is, it's a favorite from my childhood on the big gray GameBoy.

Oddly though, the board games and board game tables were not from me, unless I've developed a habit of sleep-shopping.

Icemopper on
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Well now I have a Christmas mystery on my hands - I really thought it was this since it's the only Secret Santa I do! Merry Christmas anyway, and thank you again for the wonderful gifts! :)

camo_sig2.png
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    I have been notified that my Satan/Santa has shipped a thing, and been provided with a tracking number indicating it should be delivered later this week.
    As well as temptation: a link to a Google doc, with a warning that following that link would ruin all surprises. The warning was in all caps, so, pretty serious I think.

But, the temptation to peek, just a little...
    I'll try to be strong.

Checking tracking information, it no longer has an ETA, just "In Transit, Arriving Late".
    Be strong See, don't follow the spoiler link.

• BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    @Elin, sorry I didn't reveal myself sooner. Have been busy doing my honey do list during the winter break.

Glad you and your husband liked the gifts. I seen the sno-cone maker on your Amazon wish list and it reminded me of going to the North Shore on Oahu and getting shave ice!

My wife was born and raised there and I was stationed there in the Army for almost 6 years.

Let me know if that cook book is any good! I might have to pick it up too!

Also, worried my Satan forgot about me :( Haven't heard anything, hope he/she is ok.

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • ElinElin Registered User regular
    Bloodycow wrote: »
    @Elin, sorry I didn't reveal myself sooner. Have been busy doing my honey do list during the winter break.

Glad you and your husband liked the gifts. I seen the sno-cone maker on your Amazon wish list and it reminded me of going to the North Shore on Oahu and getting shave ice!

My wife was born and raised there and I was stationed there in the Army for almost 6 years.

Let me know if that cook book is any good! I might have to pick it up too!

Also, worried my Satan forgot about me :( Haven't heard anything, hope he/she is ok.

Everything was amazing! I have more pictures, life just went sideways for a hot minute. I will try and post the extra pictures soon. We've gone through the book, but haven't made anything yet. I'll be sure to post pictures when I do!

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
    Funny, I posted this yesterday and my Satan package arrived in the mail today. My kids got to the mail before I knew what was going on, so I only got a pic of them with their loot. I will post it here in a couple of hours!

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    X0YBhRO.gif
    First I got some excellent chocolate and a hot chocolate mix which I'm saving for the perfect night.
    0zRWRll.jpg
    Then the next gift came and I made sure to let the pup check it out first.
    W0rpNiE.jpg
    She wasn't interested, but I was! Because it's a small computer with games on it!
    40QsOZK.jpg
    Thanks Santa! Sorry for the delay on the post. I've been super busy and I'm hoping to hook this up this weekend and check it out more! Super cool gift though and excited to get into it! Santa remains a mystery though!

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Cross posting!
    Psykoma wrote: »
    emhyhwS.gif

!!! Both of these arrived today!
    vl39qjch1b30.jpg
    pgualq7ah724.jpg
    vlbhqbnsltm4.jpg

I hadn't heard of these, but I've read the setup and am excited to begin devouring them! There's also so many more from this author for me to move on to!

The package didn't.have any names on it, but regardless, Thank you so much Satan <3<3

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Hey all!

For anyone who has not received anything from their Satan, could you please @ me so I can add start following up with your giftees?

And for all of those who are gifting but their satanees have not received anything, can you please send me a PM? We're getting near enough to mid-month that we'll need to start making arrangements so that everyone can get gifted.

Remember - as long as some part of your gift arrives before the end of January, we're gonna count that as a win! and digital gifts do count!

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Belated additions post:

I already PMed Iloveslimes my thanks over the holiday forum time, but he also shipped out some holiday treats that I was able to share with my family, and a copy of bloodborne for the switch! I've been wanting to play this for quite a while so I was super stoked to receive it! I hope everyone had great holidays and this remains the best community I've been a part of after several decades. Love this place and you guys!

steam_sig.png
  • Proxy the ElfProxy the Elf Registered User regular
    Cheer mode incomplete.

Verify proper transferal of gifting joy to assigned meatbag.
    Proxy the Elf online for any necessary clandestine messaging operations.
    Do not delay further.

End of line.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!
    Spreading Christmas cheer across the forums since 2009!
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Wait, Bloodborne never came out for Switch.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Wait, Bloodborne never came out for Switch.

We just don't have enough insight to get Bloodborne for Switch.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    A package was delivered to me yesterday, but I was a terrible Satanee/Santee and put it off till today.
    X0YBhRO.gif
    First step of course, bringing out the holiday tribble to inspect the parcel.
    f12tmmmrxzsv.jpg

The tribble remains unexploded, so it's time to go deeper.
    l5jle6s3uji2.jpg
    Hail Satan indeed.

Packing paper and foam noodles out of the way, reveals a legion of gifts in Frozen wrapping paper.
    Truly diabolical.
    But I can let it go.
    f6ayfopzksim.jpg

At this point patience for additional photos lost to an unwrapping instinct that hasn't been sated in over a year.
    b7cq3n99svzg.jpg

No note or identification though.
    Wait, that spoiler link from before... surely that will provide the identity of my dark benefactor!
    Greetings Satanee!

It is I, Zerocow, your secret Satan! This year I have had the great pleasure of rolling for your forum loot table!

Let's get started!

*Geth, roll a d20 for loot
    *Geth 1d20 1 [1d20=1]
    Well...shit...ummm...I was not ready for that...let me look around here...ANNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDD here is a DVD copy of two Dungeon and Dragons movies! Two for the price of one, that is some real value!

*Geth 1d20 4 [1d20=4]
    Congratulations! You have received a painting of a wall that is definitely not a mimic! The painting and the wall depicted in the painting are definitely not mimics! The definitely not a mimic wall is definitely not the wall that was made famous by Rourke “Left Nut” Ironhide, a dwarven adventurer who lost his right testicle in a mimic accident in a dungeon. And the painting of a wall that is definitely not a mimic definitely has not acquired a taste for dwarven oysters! All of the above is true and I have definitely not gifted you a mimic!

*Geth 1d20 12 [1d20=12]
    Hey NPC generating dice! Coming to you directly from Spain (after coming to my house!)! I ordered these stupid things the day I found out you were my santaee/satanee and it took the longest to get here! Hopefully these are useful for you!

*Geth 1d20 20 [1d20=20]
    Woot! You get a copy of Orconomics! This is one of my favorite books and it takes place in world that is kind of like World of Warcraft. If you like this book then there is an Orconomics II and a third book is currently being written.
    I’ve also included a card I made based on a quote from Orconomics II (the quote is slightly bastardized).
    Fun story, I’ve talked about this book a lot with my girlfriend. It wasn’t until she saw a physical copy of the book (I have the ebook) that she realized that the name was Orconomics. She just thought I was dumb and was mispronouncing Economics.

*Geth 1d20 2̵͉̘̎0̷͖̬̓͐͜ [1d20=2̷̳̥̻̞̰͉͎̫͍̅̀̒̈́͌̊̒̐̈́͛͒̊̓̚͝0̷̡̧̨̛̭̯͎͚̤͕͒͋̒̃͂̀͊͐̂̈́̚͝]

O̶̟͐͐ĥ̷̟̑̎́ ̴̭͗̀s̴̝̝̬͕͙̈́h̸̰̒̓̍i̴̭͑̀́t̴̠̞̮̫̋͌͗̑͝!̷̳͒̽͜ ̵̛͍̟͒̔
    ̵̢̲̠͚̰͗͐͂
    ̴͍̀T̶̢̯̖͔̽ͅh̶͕͔̜̖̐̃̄̂̾â̷̩̏̎̈̏ţ̸͓̠̲̺̃͑̎̒͝'̸̥̭̊s̵̺̮̥̊̀̓͘͠ ̶̧̬͖̙̌̎̽w̶̮͐͑̀e̵̠̭͖̗̘͂͛ï̵̹̊̄͛̀ṛ̵̱͒̓̾d̸̰̽̋̉̌̔!̴̨̳̩̉̐̾͗ ̴̱͍̥̌͗̌̉̉
    ̷̧̮̊̏͊̓̊
    ̸̢̠̦̟̈Ẃ̸̡͙̼̟̽̾̈́̈́e̸̗̋̾̍̋'̷͇͖̐̐͝v̴̫͈̜͚̊̎̿̑̀ẻ̶͍̍̍̏ ̷̓̈͐͜g̴͎̲͍̥̑̓̈́̀ͅȯ̶̝́̉͠ṇ̸͍̭̄̄͋͝ĕ̶̦̩̟́́͝͠ ̸̮͕̪̳̀o̸̮͉̝̰̘̎̓f̷̧̳̳̝̈̈͌̑͠f̸̛̹̄͋̕͠ ̶̩̬̯̹͂̋͠t̷̨͈̩̦̫̐̈́̍̐h̶͎̠͓͙̏̂ê̸̟̈́ ̷̛͚̹͎̠̹͂͊̉͌l̷͓͕̙̥̱̅̽͘o̴̮̐̈́̍̿o̷̙̠̬̱͌̽̎͠t̴͍͔̿ ̵͖̔̓̿̉͝ṭ̴̘̩̀̉̃̆̕ä̷̢̩̹̦͓́͛̈́̇͝b̶̭͍́͠l̴͓̃̉͑͝ê̷̬͇̆̀̆̋!̸̧̿̓ ̵̡̮̙̽̑
    ̷̨̻̟͉̯̏͐
    ̶̱͇̃̂C̵̰̝̝͓͇̋o̵̦̎̇͐̑n̵͙̘͕̟̟͐̄̐͗͝g̴̻̈́̐͗͝r̸̹̦͕̈́̐̅͂a̴̳͖̠̘͇͑̑̔t̷̯̱̓͂͑̆s̵̖͖͚̹̅̏͊͒͝ ̸͔̹͚͕̝̅͘y̷͉͐̈́͆ó̸̧̙̲̦͓̒u̵̬̇̇̆̄̐ ̵̗̲͔͕́h̴̞̜̙̫́̈́͂̆ȃ̶͔͑v̷͚̪̠͌̔͗͑̚e̸͍̲͈̙͑̃ ̵̨͔̝͚͔̀̀̊̓ŕ̵̜͕̳̃̈́̌é̸̹̇͌̂c̵̡͉̳͎̑̐ě̸̗̖̭̪̾̽̌ḯ̴̱v̴͚̙̝͐ę̷͗̀d̷̺͋͝ ̷̧̌̈̃ą̸͍̱͈̱̓̔̌̚͝n̸͔͙̮̾̌ ̶͉͈͎̻͉͑̀̇͊̾Ẽ̷̲̒̍̽l̶̨͂̈̏̌͘ď̵͎̂́̋̈́r̷̮̺̪̲͑̈́i̷͈̳̥̣͐̓̀̂t̶͕͓̎̚͜c̵̡̦̣̝̣͛͆͒̔̈h̷͕̆̓̒͝ͅ ̷͔͖͎̳̙͐̌́ç̵͚͚̩̒ơ̴̛̼͛ö̶̮̼̲̯ķ̵̳̭̯͝b̶̬̈́ö̴̢͖̗̪́̄̄̚ŏ̴͔̲k̵̫̹̤̺͐ͅ!̵̧̩͈͉̗̇̇͠ ̶̉̔͂͜
    ̶̲̳̦̪͐
    ̸̗̹̯̬̓͛͝I̵̖̐̏ ̴͓͇͍̝͊̓h̷͚̠̼̝͖̅̈́̔̇̓e̵̢͚͠a̵̛̪͓̽̿̾ř̷͓̪̠̐͠ ̶̱̥͆̓́̽̽t̶̻̩̝͍̒̅̓̑h̴̠͕̮͉̝̔̍̆͘e̸̢̳̬̰̒̍͑ͅ ̷͎̗̤͐́̂͘r̶̨̡͓̭̖̀̽̐̑ḙ̴̬͑͑̑̂͝c̴̗̙̞̘͗̔̎ͅì̷̻̚p̵̧̢͚̟͕͒̄̾͠è̴̢̿̉͘̕͜s̷̲̬̋͂ ̴̮̂̃̾͘a̴̧͕͈̎ŗ̵̧̤̗͇͋͛ē̸̙̩̆̓̎́ ̴̝̻͇͌̑̀̇̓ͅd̷̞̦̆̓͌̑͋e̸̯͒̆̒͜ĺ̶̺̻̺̝i̶̱͍͔͊̂͂̒̚c̷̡̎ǐ̸̳̇̉͐ö̷̺̺͔̥́ư̴͚͐̇̅̎s̸̰̎,̴̗͕̲̓̿̓̆͜ ̸̺̙̮̝͊̄̎̇̚s̸͍͋̍a̵̟͙̻͐͊͆͌̒ṋ̶͊͆͛̏͜͜ͅí̷̛͍̦̭͈̐͛̓t̵̨̩̓͋͑ý̷͉̟̀ ̷̙͚̣̭͕̈́͆͊̾̀ţ̴͉͇̅̆̎̍̈́͜é̶̘̳̄ͅs̸͇̮̯̝̔̈́͘͝͝t̴̹̯̝̞͂̋͗ȋ̶̛͖̈n̶̠̺̄̓̓͝g̵̡̈̍,̷̧̼̘̺͌͐ ̷͔͖̒̍̃̑ͅa̷̛͉͕͕̅͛̾̕͜n̷̩͉̐̊ḑ̸͔̣̭̟̀̒̄͗̑ ̴̘̬͎͇̈́s̸̖̲̀̔̈́̓ò̷̳̖͗͊͑͠u̸͓͓͙̟͗͋l̶̲͓̜̈́̌ ̷̛͉̈́̉͂s̸͓̫̯̪͛ẗ̸̥̯͈̊͠ẻ̸̼͝a̷̧̪̯̖̓̆̌̊̽ļ̸͎͒͌̈͋͝i̷͈̫̋̆̈̅͜ǹ̵̩̩̆̍̓̂g̷̙̯̳̗̭̔̐!̴̲̓̃͘͠
    ̵̲̠̙̀̐̍̀
    ̸̨̼̤͍̔̕H̷̢͙̣͖́͒a̷͎̟̣̒̍͘p̸̠̏̇͊p̵̢̹̩͒̀͑ẏ̶̻̓̇̽̚ ̴̹̦͎̕a̷̫̬͋̀d̸͕͚̥̟͈̈́́v̸͎̫̑̈̑̏͛ē̵̟̽̎̾͝ṇ̶̬̦̓̀̚ţ̴̳̏̉̃̉u̴͖̖̿͑̽̀r̷̢̙̃͂͌̒͛ǐ̴̮̺͖̀́n̵͕͍͍̆̉͑̋ğ̸͍͉̅̍́͝!̴͖͖̹͐̎

Thank you @ZeroCow
    I'm looking forward to reading Orconomics, it sounds right up my alley. And the cookbook looks fun, because I'm a sucker for bad puns and the Lovecraft mythos (the first recipe is Martini: Shaken, not Hastur'd.
    The first random NPC is a chaotic neutral female Dwarf, with high con and low int who lives an upper middle class life as a trader, smuggler or thief.
    And, of course, the D&D Movies, I haven't seen these in years, I'm looking forward to hitting that first chapter of the cookbook hard for a movie night.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Sataaaaannnnnn!

I don't know how to do the shiny flashing thing, but I was gifted!

9fz4ml46oscy.jpg

dease5scd63f.jpg

I can't wait to dig in to this book!

thank you and hail satan!

• ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    A package was delivered to me yesterday, but I was a terrible Satanee/Santee and put it off till today.
    X0YBhRO.gif
    First step of course, bringing out the holiday tribble to inspect the parcel.
    f12tmmmrxzsv.jpg

The tribble remains unexploded, so it's time to go deeper.
    l5jle6s3uji2.jpg
    Hail Satan indeed.

Packing paper and foam noodles out of the way, reveals a legion of gifts in Frozen wrapping paper.
    Truly diabolical.
    But I can let it go.
    f6ayfopzksim.jpg

At this point patience for additional photos lost to an unwrapping instinct that hasn't been sated in over a year.
    b7cq3n99svzg.jpg

No note or identification though.
    Wait, that spoiler link from before... surely that will provide the identity of my dark benefactor!
    Greetings Satanee!

It is I, Zerocow, your secret Satan! This year I have had the great pleasure of rolling for your forum loot table!

Let's get started!

*Geth 1d20 1 [1d20=1]
    Well...shit...ummm...I was not ready for that...let me look around here...ANNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDD here is a DVD copy of two Dungeon and Dragons movies! Two for the price of one, that is some real value!

*Geth 1d20 4 [1d20=4]
    Congratulations! You have received a painting of a wall that is definitely not a mimic! The painting and the wall depicted in the painting are definitely not mimics! The definitely not a mimic wall is definitely not the wall that was made famous by Rourke “Left Nut” Ironhide, a dwarven adventurer who lost his right testicle in a mimic accident in a dungeon. And the painting of a wall that is definitely not a mimic definitely has not acquired a taste for dwarven oysters! All of the above is true and I have definitely not gifted you a mimic!

*Geth 1d20 12 [1d20=12]
    Hey NPC generating dice! Coming to you directly from Spain (after coming to my house!)! I ordered these stupid things the day I found out you were my santaee/satanee and it took the longest to get here! Hopefully these are useful for you!

*Geth 1d20 20 [1d20=20]
    Woot! You get a copy of Orconomics! This is one of my favorite books and it takes place in world that is kind of like World of Warcraft. If you like this book then there is an Orconomics II and a third book is currently being written.
    I’ve also included a card I made based on a quote from Orconomics II (the quote is slightly bastardized).
    Fun story, I’ve talked about this book a lot with my girlfriend. It wasn’t until she saw a physical copy of the book (I have the ebook) that she realized that the name was Orconomics. She just thought I was dumb and was mispronouncing Economics.

*Geth 1d20 2̵͉̘̎0̷͖̬̓͐͜ [1d20=2̷̳̥̻̞̰͉͎̫͍̅̀̒̈́͌̊̒̐̈́͛͒̊̓̚͝0̷̡̧̨̛̭̯͎͚̤͕͒͋̒̃͂̀͊͐̂̈́̚͝]

O̶̟͐͐ĥ̷̟̑̎́ ̴̭͗̀s̴̝̝̬͕͙̈́h̸̰̒̓̍i̴̭͑̀́t̴̠̞̮̫̋͌͗̑͝!̷̳͒̽͜ ̵̛͍̟͒̔
    ̵̢̲̠͚̰͗͐͂
    ̴͍̀T̶̢̯̖͔̽ͅh̶͕͔̜̖̐̃̄̂̾â̷̩̏̎̈̏ţ̸͓̠̲̺̃͑̎̒͝'̸̥̭̊s̵̺̮̥̊̀̓͘͠ ̶̧̬͖̙̌̎̽w̶̮͐͑̀e̵̠̭͖̗̘͂͛ï̵̹̊̄͛̀ṛ̵̱͒̓̾d̸̰̽̋̉̌̔!̴̨̳̩̉̐̾͗ ̴̱͍̥̌͗̌̉̉
    ̷̧̮̊̏͊̓̊
    ̸̢̠̦̟̈Ẃ̸̡͙̼̟̽̾̈́̈́e̸̗̋̾̍̋'̷͇͖̐̐͝v̴̫͈̜͚̊̎̿̑̀ẻ̶͍̍̍̏ ̷̓̈͐͜g̴͎̲͍̥̑̓̈́̀ͅȯ̶̝́̉͠ṇ̸͍̭̄̄͋͝ĕ̶̦̩̟́́͝͠ ̸̮͕̪̳̀o̸̮͉̝̰̘̎̓f̷̧̳̳̝̈̈͌̑͠f̸̛̹̄͋̕͠ ̶̩̬̯̹͂̋͠t̷̨͈̩̦̫̐̈́̍̐h̶͎̠͓͙̏̂ê̸̟̈́ ̷̛͚̹͎̠̹͂͊̉͌l̷͓͕̙̥̱̅̽͘o̴̮̐̈́̍̿o̷̙̠̬̱͌̽̎͠t̴͍͔̿ ̵͖̔̓̿̉͝ṭ̴̘̩̀̉̃̆̕ä̷̢̩̹̦͓́͛̈́̇͝b̶̭͍́͠l̴͓̃̉͑͝ê̷̬͇̆̀̆̋!̸̧̿̓ ̵̡̮̙̽̑
    ̷̨̻̟͉̯̏͐
    ̶̱͇̃̂C̵̰̝̝͓͇̋o̵̦̎̇͐̑n̵͙̘͕̟̟͐̄̐͗͝g̴̻̈́̐͗͝r̸̹̦͕̈́̐̅͂a̴̳͖̠̘͇͑̑̔t̷̯̱̓͂͑̆s̵̖͖͚̹̅̏͊͒͝ ̸͔̹͚͕̝̅͘y̷͉͐̈́͆ó̸̧̙̲̦͓̒u̵̬̇̇̆̄̐ ̵̗̲͔͕́h̴̞̜̙̫́̈́͂̆ȃ̶͔͑v̷͚̪̠͌̔͗͑̚e̸͍̲͈̙͑̃ ̵̨͔̝͚͔̀̀̊̓ŕ̵̜͕̳̃̈́̌é̸̹̇͌̂c̵̡͉̳͎̑̐ě̸̗̖̭̪̾̽̌ḯ̴̱v̴͚̙̝͐ę̷͗̀d̷̺͋͝ ̷̧̌̈̃ą̸͍̱͈̱̓̔̌̚͝n̸͔͙̮̾̌ ̶͉͈͎̻͉͑̀̇͊̾Ẽ̷̲̒̍̽l̶̨͂̈̏̌͘ď̵͎̂́̋̈́r̷̮̺̪̲͑̈́i̷͈̳̥̣͐̓̀̂t̶͕͓̎̚͜c̵̡̦̣̝̣͛͆͒̔̈h̷͕̆̓̒͝ͅ ̷͔͖͎̳̙͐̌́ç̵͚͚̩̒ơ̴̛̼͛ö̶̮̼̲̯ķ̵̳̭̯͝b̶̬̈́ö̴̢͖̗̪́̄̄̚ŏ̴͔̲k̵̫̹̤̺͐ͅ!̵̧̩͈͉̗̇̇͠ ̶̉̔͂͜
    ̶̲̳̦̪͐
    ̸̗̹̯̬̓͛͝I̵̖̐̏ ̴͓͇͍̝͊̓h̷͚̠̼̝͖̅̈́̔̇̓e̵̢͚͠a̵̛̪͓̽̿̾ř̷͓̪̠̐͠ ̶̱̥͆̓́̽̽t̶̻̩̝͍̒̅̓̑h̴̠͕̮͉̝̔̍̆͘e̸̢̳̬̰̒̍͑ͅ ̷͎̗̤͐́̂͘r̶̨̡͓̭̖̀̽̐̑ḙ̴̬͑͑̑̂͝c̴̗̙̞̘͗̔̎ͅì̷̻̚p̵̧̢͚̟͕͒̄̾͠è̴̢̿̉͘̕͜s̷̲̬̋͂ ̴̮̂̃̾͘a̴̧͕͈̎ŗ̵̧̤̗͇͋͛ē̸̙̩̆̓̎́ ̴̝̻͇͌̑̀̇̓ͅd̷̞̦̆̓͌̑͋e̸̯͒̆̒͜ĺ̶̺̻̺̝i̶̱͍͔͊̂͂̒̚c̷̡̎ǐ̸̳̇̉͐ö̷̺̺͔̥́ư̴͚͐̇̅̎s̸̰̎,̴̗͕̲̓̿̓̆͜ ̸̺̙̮̝͊̄̎̇̚s̸͍͋̍a̵̟͙̻͐͊͆͌̒ṋ̶͊͆͛̏͜͜ͅí̷̛͍̦̭͈̐͛̓t̵̨̩̓͋͑ý̷͉̟̀ ̷̙͚̣̭͕̈́͆͊̾̀ţ̴͉͇̅̆̎̍̈́͜é̶̘̳̄ͅs̸͇̮̯̝̔̈́͘͝͝t̴̹̯̝̞͂̋͗ȋ̶̛͖̈n̶̠̺̄̓̓͝g̵̡̈̍,̷̧̼̘̺͌͐ ̷͔͖̒̍̃̑ͅa̷̛͉͕͕̅͛̾̕͜n̷̩͉̐̊ḑ̸͔̣̭̟̀̒̄͗̑ ̴̘̬͎͇̈́s̸̖̲̀̔̈́̓ò̷̳̖͗͊͑͠u̸͓͓͙̟͗͋l̶̲͓̜̈́̌ ̷̛͉̈́̉͂s̸͓̫̯̪͛ẗ̸̥̯͈̊͠ẻ̸̼͝a̷̧̪̯̖̓̆̌̊̽ļ̸͎͒͌̈͋͝i̷͈̫̋̆̈̅͜ǹ̵̩̩̆̍̓̂g̷̙̯̳̗̭̔̐!̴̲̓̃͘͠
    ̵̲̠̙̀̐̍̀
    ̸̨̼̤͍̔̕H̷̢͙̣͖́͒a̷͎̟̣̒̍͘p̸̠̏̇͊p̵̢̹̩͒̀͑ẏ̶̻̓̇̽̚ ̴̹̦͎̕a̷̫̬͋̀d̸͕͚̥̟͈̈́́v̸͎̫̑̈̑̏͛ē̵̟̽̎̾͝ṇ̶̬̦̓̀̚ţ̴̳̏̉̃̉u̴͖̖̿͑̽̀r̷̢̙̃͂͌̒͛ǐ̴̮̺͖̀́n̵͕͍͍̆̉͑̋ğ̸͍͉̅̍́͝!̴͖͖̹͐̎

Thank you @ZeroCow
    I'm looking forward to reading Orconomics, it sounds right up my alley. And the cookbook looks fun, because I'm a sucker for bad puns and the Lovecraft mythos (the first recipe is Martini: Shaken, not Hastur'd.
    The first random NPC is a chaotic neutral female Dwarf, with high con and low int who lives an upper middle class life as a trader, smuggler or thief.
    And, of course, the D&D Movies, I haven't seen these in years, I'm looking forward to hitting that first chapter of the cookbook hard for a movie night.

Yay! I'm glad it finally arrived! Those dice took six weeks to ship to me! I had everything else and I just kept waiting for the dice to arrive.

Then of course we had USPS who decided to take their sweet time!

And I hope that adventurers on your future campaigns wear proper protection so they don't become a Rocky Mountain oyster type delicacy to a painting or a wall that are definitely not mimics that have developed unique tastes...

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Hey, Santee! (Or is it Satanee? Santanee, maybe? Blazes, I don't know... is Santan a word that might apply here?)

Just a little post to let you know the gift is finally, after all this time and upheaval, on its way. Sorry for the wait, but what with the absolute bonkers-ness of the last few weeks, well... consider this something of a bright spot to look forward to on the 20th. It's overdue for Christmas, but I hope you still get a little joy out of it!

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    GORFT GERT DOT GIF

Dear Satan, your final package made it! From Threadless no less!

50838727171_e7545aa2d4.jpg

Aw yiss, look at that nice packaging job, be a shame if some one ripped it on open with their eager paws...

50838806277_88eb8615fb.jpg

Lookat these fellows! JUST TAKE A LOOK AT EM!. They are so cute in fact that my wife immediately tried to swipe the backpacking birb offa me! Now I gotta buy her her own version and we need to coordinate opposite dates we can wear it--it's a whole thing!

But anyway, 80's dress-up montage!!

50838440866_7553c12391.jpg

50838523777_4822567027.jpg

...and uh, ok I guess it's hard to do that with only two outfits.

Thank you Satan! My life is forever made better with birds.

PS. WAS IT YOU @JaysonFour ??

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I got sataned again!!

He's the last one we needed!
    9073y3blj5gp.jpg

now I think we have them all!
    tmqe49gzzi98.jpg

i7e0nksgx4c8.jpg

Cristoval wrote: »
    GORFT GERT DOT GIF

Aw yiss, look at that nice packaging job, be a shame if some one ripped it on open with their eager paws...

Lookat these fellows! JUST TAKE A LOOK AT EM!. They are so cute in fact that my wife immediately tried to swipe the backpacking birb offa me! Now I gotta buy her her own version and we need to coordinate opposite dates we can wear it--it's a whole thing!

PS. WAS IT YOU JaysonFour ??

Let's see... survey says...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7teTvq2MHH0

Not on the board, but a good answer nonetheless!

Nice gifts, but I'm not your Santa. Or Satan. Sorry!

steam_sig.png
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    damn forgot to crosspost
    i just got this now!! only real names on the gift tags, so i won't share them!

and oh man this is a hell of a gift! i am jazzed as hell to watch skeletor save christmas over and over again.

i am so glad garfield book #69 "easy as pie" is larger than the older books i am used to. it deserves the prominence.

thanks so much, satan!!!

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Cristoval wrote: »
    GORFT GERT DOT GIF

PS. WAS IT YOU JaysonFour ??

Let's see... survey says...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7teTvq2MHH0

Not on the board, but a good answer nonetheless!

Nice gifts, but I'm not your Santa. Or Satan. Sorry!

Ok but do I get a copy of the home game or

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Ok, ready at last!

https://i.imgur.com/X0YBhRO.gif7gzxm395k45w.gif

So first off I got gifted the means to enjoy a pair of my old favorite games in HD glory!

0q4zl6wvpy0e.jpeg

nbz24l080bzz.jpeg

Unfortunately for it, awesome though it is, it got blown out of the water by the other gift:

A NEW TURNTABLE!
    tnor30f6yqoj.jpeg

It’s awesome and the moment I powered on its Bluetooth synced to our sound system. For the inaugural play, there was really only one choice both for myself and to be appropriate to Secret Satans:
    p6tjh9mk6wqj.jpeg
    Suffice to say, it sounds and looks awesome:
    fy0kb705nyos.jpeg

Thanks @Romanian My Escutcheon you rock!

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Hey Santa who were you?!

Steam: offday
  • Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    Also wondering who my Santa was!

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    eb9c3gl2hjdm.gif

We got some stuff this month!

bY7OR05.jpeg
    Fancy clearing markers for Root! It now rests upon my mighty stack of Root stuff.

GI5imyp.jpeg
    A nice cover for my Kindle! Matches my iPad cover, and the autowake feature is nice.

eJdYkVO.jpeg
    Heck yeah! I got some friends who are using some of the subclasses in here, and that will make for easier reference!

Thanks, @Zython , and I hope you had a nice holiday!

YL9WnCY.png
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Forgot to cross-post this!
    Naphtali wrote: »
    I believe I have been visited by a dark benefactor? A Schiit Fulla 3 DAC arrived in the mail today!

kd694rhqygdm.png

I've been starting to wade into the kiddie pool side of audiophile stuff, so thank you Satan! At least, I think it came from you?

It came from my satan, Tonkka!

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    edited January 2021
    ovr1hlkzij2i.gif

And now, after multiple delays due to rampant stupidity and technological glitches, we present the two-part finale to "A Very Kitteh Christmas", already in progress.

Part III: Gotta Frame Them All

Yes, I know, it's been forever and I should have posted these a few weeks ago, but with everything going on, it got lost in the shuffle. I'm going to go blame leftover vestiges of 2020 and the usual bunch of idiots whose antics have been well-recorded.

Anyways, on to happier stuff! Like gifts, and cats!

uafCecQ.jpg?1

I have to admit, of all the things, I wasn't expecting an envelope bubble-mailer type thing. But I wondered what was inside it...?

nF3zHMi.jpg

I've... never heard of this company. But judging by the name, well... they sell some kinds of prints? Welp, only way forward is to open it up and see...

And inside...

m0Dr18c.jpg?2

2fb7AN7.jpg?2

rVRpY8S.jpg?2

9KVTVwy.jpg?2

ylrfq8N.jpg?2

zKMT1GO.jpg?2

Six suitable-for-framing Pokemon prints- an entire team- or a rescue squad, if the Vulpix print is anything to go by! These look amazing, Santa, and as they're in a safe place for now- we're going to get them some frames and get them up on the wall in either my room or my niece's room once things out in the world calm down! (She absolutely adores the Vulpix and the Eevee- particularly the Eevee because that's the Let's Go game she's working through... but I doubt anything will beat the love she has for her first starter, Jake (from State Farm), the Inteleon. Yeah, she saw a lot of State Farm commercials on her iPad....)

But these are awesome and thanks for sending them along!

Part IV: Not Christmas Without Cookies

And, finally, we come to the fourth box. It got opened before I could get a picture of it, but here's the next-best thing:

fetSs8y.jpg

Well, there's something in there... can't tell what until I open it all the way, though...

XJ5PGHp.jpg?2

It looks like some enterprising Santa has sent me delicious-looking cookies!

fPmKLWI.jpg?1

Three boxes worth of Kinder hippo cookies, with chocolate hazelnut cream! This is one of those things we just can't get out here- at least not without driving to a store with a pretty big international section- but I can say they are yummy and a big hit with the whole house!

And I don't know if my Santa's made themselves known, but- thanks for all the gifts, and many apologies for getting this up late- what with everything, you almost got lost in the shuffle!

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    Shoot, @Bloodycow I may have forgotten to put my name on the package. I was your Santa! Hope you and the family had a nice holiday!

YL9WnCY.png
    @Sterica we did! Thanks for outting yourself as my Satan! :)

My boy absolutley loves the lego set you got him. Every year for Christmas I get him one of the massive Star Wars sets and we build it together.

He says the one you got is the best one he has ever built and played with!
    ecc31oiadq2k.jpg

― John Quincy Adams
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Oh, this is like a year late, but I finally figured out a place I'm happy with hanging it, but here's a follow up for my 2019 Secret Santa gift.
    VLpiNi0.jpg

Got a little nerd area going on in the alcove next to the stairs to my basement. I figure I'll probably fill it up with more figures as time goes on, and probably some more cool art on the adjacent wall, too. Also, I really need to dust my shelves >.>

Thanks again @Figgy

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    ovr1hlkzij2i.gif

And now, after multiple delays due to rampant stupidity and technological glitches, we present the two-part finale to "A Very Kitteh Christmas", already in progress.

Part III: Gotta Frame Them All

Yes, I know, it's been forever and I should have posted these a few weeks ago, but with everything going on, it got lost in the shuffle. I'm going to go blame leftover vestiges of 2020 and the usual bunch of idiots whose antics have been well-recorded.

Anyways, on to happier stuff! Like gifts, and cats!

uafCecQ.jpg?1

I have to admit, of all the things, I wasn't expecting an envelope bubble-mailer type thing. But I wondered what was inside it...?

nF3zHMi.jpg

I've... never heard of this company. But judging by the name, well... they sell some kinds of prints? Welp, only way forward is to open it up and see...

And inside...

m0Dr18c.jpg?2

2fb7AN7.jpg?2

rVRpY8S.jpg?2

9KVTVwy.jpg?2

ylrfq8N.jpg?2

zKMT1GO.jpg?2

Six suitable-for-framing Pokemon prints- an entire team- or a rescue squad, if the Vulpix print is anything to go by! These look amazing, Santa, and as they're in a safe place for now- we're going to get them some frames and get them up on the wall in either my room or my niece's room once things out in the world calm down! (She absolutely adores the Vulpix and the Eevee- particularly the Eevee because that's the Let's Go game she's working through... but I doubt anything will beat the love she has for her first starter, Jake (from State Farm), the Inteleon. Yeah, she saw a lot of State Farm commercials on her iPad....)

But these are awesome and thanks for sending them along!

Part IV: Not Christmas Without Cookies

And, finally, we come to the fourth box. It got opened before I could get a picture of it, but here's the next-best thing:

fetSs8y.jpg

Well, there's something in there... can't tell what until I open it all the way, though...

XJ5PGHp.jpg?2

It looks like some enterprising Santa has sent me delicious-looking cookies!

fPmKLWI.jpg?1

Three boxes worth of Kinder hippo cookies, with chocolate hazelnut cream! This is one of those things we just can't get out here- at least not without driving to a store with a pretty big international section- but I can say they are yummy and a big hit with the whole house!

And I don't know if my Santa's made themselves known, but- thanks for all the gifts, and many apologies for getting this up late- what with everything, you almost got lost in the shuffle!

Twas I!

The $100 Netflix giftcard was due to the fact that most of us have been trapped at home for the better part of a year. Streaming services like Netflix quickly became a necessary utility like water and power just to keep us all sane. So the thought was something like, imagine if someone said to you that you didn't have to worry about paying the power bill for the next 6 months, but instead of the power bill it's entertainment for the whole family.

The cookbook was due to your love of D&D and themed cookbooks.

The Pokemon prints were for your niece that you said you said has been getting bigly into Pokemon with you.

Finally the Happy Hippos are one of my favorite candies in the whole world and I take any opportunity I can to import and share them.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
    Anyone left? Gifts not received, or gift post yet to be made?

Need to know when I can put Proxy back in this box- er, I mean this lovely elf house.

YL9WnCY.png
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    There are by my count 2 remaining who have not yet been gifted.

Those 2 do have items en route, as far as I have been told, but they items have not yet arrived.

• Proxy the ElfProxy the Elf Registered User regular
    Sterica wrote: »
    Anyone left? Gifts not received, or gift post yet to be made?

Need to know when I can put Proxy back in this box- er, I mean this lovely elf house.

Proxy has been summoned by meatbags. Command?

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!
    Spreading Christmas cheer across the forums since 2009!
This discussion has been closed.