As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] Sentinel League starts 05/13. Pokebots and uber bosses!

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    ?????

"too obscure"????

dam what ppl reading

obF2Wuw.png
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    FAQ is up: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3008270
    Will the new maps add 11 to the maximum Atlas completion bonuses?
    Yes. Well actually 10, since Hall of Grandmasters no longer grants completion bonuses in 3.13.
    How does ignite scale when you have Blackflame equipped?
    It works like a "damage taken as X" stat. Essentially, your ignites will scale with your own fire/burning damage stats as usual and not with chaos damage stats. However, the monster's damage taken will be scaled by chaos damage affecting stats like chaos resistance and wither (and not by fire resistance, etc).
    How does Battlemage interact with Spellslinger?
    The damage from Battlemage and Spellslinger add together.
    How does the Maven's Orb interact with items that have multiple influence types?
    It doesn't distinguish between different influence types in any way. For example, if you use it on an item with three Shaper modifiers and three Redeemer modifiers, it will still just pick one modifier to remove and one to upgrade at random.
    and more!

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Hmm scion rework is supposedly good. That could be fun again, I really like their concept.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    Shout-out to support characters — what’s the context for this, is there a common-knowledge view on the state of support characters in the “meta?”

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
    edited January 2021
    Mahnmut wrote: »
    Shout-out to support characters — what’s the context for this, is there a common-knowledge view on the state of support characters in the “meta?”

aurabots are INCREDIBLY powerful
    giving someone about 20 extra damage buffs is, as it turns out, strong

Crippl3 on
  • InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Mahnmut wrote: »

Also, a lot of this FAQ isn't stuff that GGG thinks is important, it's stuff that came up in Twitch chat during the reveal. Someone in Twitch chat asked about support characters, and that's why it's included in the FAQ. There isn't some standard view about support characters that GGG felt compelled to address.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    No idea what I am supposed to play for 3.13. I really want to get to 36 challenges and the hideout.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »
    No idea what I am supposed to play for 3.13. I really want to get to 36 challenges and the hideout.

Considering their intent to shake up the meta, it's probably a little early to start picking builds. Or at least prepare for having to scramble at the last minute when they ruin ED/Cont or something.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Absalon wrote: »

Considering their intent to shake up the meta, it's probably a little early to start picking builds. Or at least prepare for having to scramble at the last minute when they ruin ED/Cont or something.

It is never too early for me to half-assedly commit to a build I don't even know will work.

I've done it like 20 times today, I'll have you know!

Thanks for the context on the Q&A, you two!

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    One build that blinked across my mind was Blackflame Consecrated Path, possibly with a chieftan/occultist Scion depending on the tree changes they do with her.

The chaos ignite damage might actually make the skill worthwhile.

jungleroomx on
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    going for strong single target again

str stacking brutus lead sprinkler lead the way

J3qcnBP.png
    I keep going over things like divine ire 100% conversion to lighting, stormfire ring, blackfire. In that mood again.

edited January 2021
    Lol they just cranked the knobs on 40 skills and said fuck it, it sounds like.

Halved the cast time for flameblast

jungleroomx on
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Oh fuck is pizza sticks totems time

J3qcnBP.png
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Did they release gem info?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain

Unless you have more info than the release stream, they said halved the cast time for scorching ray, not flameblast.

edited January 2021
    Brody wrote: »
    Did they release gem info?

This Wednesday the 13th
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3007038
    Jan 10 - All [redacted] revealed. (Atlas skill trees)
    Jan 11 - Heist League ends at 1pm.
    Jan 11 - 3.13 Private Leagues become available for pre-purchase.
    Jan 11 - All [redacted] revealed. (Ascendancy changes)
    Jan 11 - 3.13 Balance Manifesto.
    Jan 12 - Patch Notes, Item Filter and Passive Tree information.
    Jan 13 - All new and changed gems at level 20 with 20% quality.
    Jan 14 - Launch day information and possible torrent link for pre-download.
    Jan 15 - 3.13.0 Launch.
    Jan 16 - New Mystery Box Revealed.

Crippl3 on
    oh also the usual "buy anything in the store to get a free mystery box" thing is back, going until the 15th
    plus there's a big 50-points-or-less sale on a bunch of old mystery box stuff and older cosmetics, including skin transfers and invisible buff and vanishing dye

Invictus wrote: »

Unless you have more info than the release stream, they said halved the cast time for scorching ray, not flameblast.

Yup you're right, scorching ray

Which is still absolutely insane

It occurs to me we've been beta testing POE2 since at least Delve.

Which I'm kinda okay with.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    the whole of the entire history of the poe community was me crowdsourcing my poe2 starter build

obF2Wuw.png
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    the only build that will never let you down is the crab's chosen
    *pinch pinch*

Bless your heart.
    Path of Exile is over-determined

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I haven't played PoE in ages, but I kinda want to try out this next expansion. I have no idea how to figure out what to play.

Peewi wrote: »
    I haven't played PoE in ages, but I kinda want to try out this next expansion. I have no idea how to figure out what to play.

pick the character you think looks cool and pick a skill you think is cool and just vibe until u change ur mind

this is the only way to achieve peace

obF2Wuw.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

theres a lot of skills that are downright bad or not competitive and they finally figured that out

edited January 2021
    i mean a bunch of them were also on the "see if people abuse" list and then werent

eg all the skills they mechanically reworked like firestorm that had kinda meh numbers

or things like static strike that were kneecapped because they didnt like the use cases and put on the list for "revisit"

but ya its not like they didnt know these skills were bad i think they just wanted to do the pass all at the same time (also i suspect there were some backend tech changes and so some skills will be given new properties)

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    edited January 2021
    New Inquisitor can get Life Regen to also recover Energy shield on Consecrated Ground (also gives ailment immunity) and then have Cons Ground effect linger for 4 seconds, and Enduring Cry as well as Vitality apply Life REGEN not Life RECOVERY according to their tooltips. So yay?

Absalon on
    edited January 2021
    Peewi wrote: »

Next expansion is also doing a very large rework to over 40 skills and tweaks to every ascendancy, id wait until the patch noted come.out later this week to worry about that much.

Crippl3 on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Seriously considering bringing back Wild Strike.

Trinity Support > Wild Strike sounds like a grand time.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Okay, there has to be some cap to resonance. Looking at my old Wild Striker:

6.37 attacks/second, let's round down to 6 attacks per second.
    Let's assume I have uniform elemental distribution over a long enough period of time. That means I hit twice each of Fire/Cold/Lightning each second.
    So I'm gaining 25/25/25 resonance per second, for 2 seconds.

If the cap is 50: I have 30% more elemental damage (my lowest resonance is 50) and 10% ele pen after 2 seconds.
    If the cap is 100: I have 60% more elemental damage (my lowest is 100) and 10% ele pen after 2 seconds.

Even if the elemental RNG of wild strike gets out of whack, it's going to immediately self-correct itself in a short period of time. I have 2 seconds to hit of a damage type before I start to lose resonance of that damage type, and I have 12 hits to do so.

This could get silly.

Edit: The FAQ confirms the cap is 50 per element. Okay, 30% more ele damage is reasonable.
    Editx2: Although we still don't know what the scaling element of the gem is as it levels. I guess it could theoretically be the % ele per 5 resonance? If that is more than 3%/5, then it could still be better.

Aegis on
    Characters
    aresonance cap is 50

i assume it scales to something like 5%/5 so its 50% more and 20% pen or 50% more and 10% pen because its a conditional multiplier

obF2Wuw.png
    I would be surprised if the pen scales, given the multiplicative nature of it. 5%/5 would be nice.

Characters
    Just a quick note to anyone looking to come back into POE

GGG has been on a rampage, just opening up the ribcage and skull of POE and fucking with the vital organs just to see what happens.

Shit is absolutely fucking wild right now. Of course it's all in service to making POE2 by really understanding the underlying systems of the game, and to see what happens if X, but I'm here for it.

POE2 is a year or more off anyway, or if it isn't GGG is gonna just say "surprise!" one expansion and we'll get a Path of Exile 2 choice in the main menu.

• FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I'm mostly happy they're buffing all of the skills from last league that looked cool but were blah in actual use. Nothing worse than redoing an old skill (firestorm) that no one thought was OP, and having the new version be dramatically worse. This league is looking like a fun one!

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3008533

Here are the Atlas Trees for each region. You'll be able to pick 5 big nodes in each, at maximum. As mentioned, beating the Maven's multiboss fights gives you points for the Atlas trees. There will be orbs dropping from your progress with the Maven that lets you respec, and said orbs will also drop randomly but with almost Exalted-tier frequency.

Yo dawg I heard you like skill trees

I loooove the idea of targeting different parts of the Atlas for doing different kinds of content. That strikes me as really good for exactly my usual methods of play.

edited January 2021
    I gotta say, considering how much this game was careening into just infinite layers of RNG, I'm really glad the devs put the brakes on it and have allowed for more deterministic play. The community really belabored this and only the noisy few kept complaining the deterministic play would ruin the "essence of POE."

I think I might have been one of those douchebags at one point, unfortunately enough.

There's still a fucking ton of RNG that I think could get the heave-ho, but most of it is buried in older content like Abyss or Harbinger and not really reflective of the new stuff.

jungleroomx on