As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Cyberpunk 2077] Delisted on PSN in 2020, post-final release pushed back 57 years

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »

That's the one I referred to as my "Terminator" run with the red-head sniper-rifled V

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Doing a gig where I'm supposed to not kill Valentinos and grab something from a garage they own.

Forgot that my Masamune rifle doesn't have a non-lethal mod in it because I switched that to a legendary pistol.

Whoopsie daisy! At least I only killed two of them before realizing it?

• Options
    Did the first race.

I think maybe running the game on a low end PC is cheating. The whole teleporting cars thing? I kept looking in my rear view and they were teleporting on top of each other in a giant pack.

So I would pull away and then suddenly they'd be right behind me except bouncing off one another and flying off in different directions. This happened over and over for the entire race as far as I could tell.

We, uh, we got first place.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Did the first race.

I think maybe running the game on a low end PC is cheating. The whole teleporting cars thing? I kept looking in my rear view and they were teleporting on top of each other in a giant pack.

So I would pull away and then suddenly they'd be right behind me except bouncing off one another and flying off in different directions. This happened over and over for the entire race as far as I could tell.

This was happening to me on max settings

• Options
    DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular
    Did the first race.

This was happening to me on max settings

Working as intended!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I never turned the camera to look but yeah based on the nonsense going on in the minimap it was probably happening to me as well.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Ending talks!
    I definitely enjoyed the ending and the end sequence. A proper cap-off to the game.

But the way the end choices were separated with epilogues was a bit frustrating.

I know it was due to the way the wrote the epilogues but man some of the choices did not in any way preclude certain end paths and forced you down a particular route in a way that just made no sense which was a bit disappointing.

Like in order to stay with Panam and leave Night City you have to take the Nomads.

And in most games where I am a god and can do everything solo I get that I can't just tell people that due to the story and make them all stay put.

BUT.... there's a choice in this game where you do just that. And you do just that to protect your friends!

That's exactly what I would like to do!

But if I choose to selflessly throw my self in there solo and come out the end to protect my friends I... lose the ability to go stay with my girlfriend and live with my friends and instead have to dive hard into being a Night City legend?

Those things should not have been so forcibly connected.

Other than that I loved it.

A fabulous 120 hours. Amazing end credits song.

Way too fucking many crashes. I even got one halfway through the end credits.. Which meant I had to play back through part of the epilogue to get back to the credits to see the rest of the calls and get my end game save... lol..

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    That 'Dream On' side-quest is so creepy.
    Is a rogue AI (Mr. Blue Eyes) from beyond the Blackwall grooming the next mayoral candidate by messing with his brain? They even hack V's brain via a phone call, making them pass out.
    Investigative side-quests like this are some of the best content in the game, IMO. :D

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Is a rogue AI (Mr. Blue Eyes) from beyond the Blackwall grooming the next mayoral candidate by messing with his brain? They even hack V's brain via a phone call, making them pass out.
    Investigative side-quests like this are some of the best content in the game, IMO. :D

There's definitely hooks for DLC with it.

Imagine going down a full-blown Deus-Ex style conspiracy story right in the middle of this games setting.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Is Monowire still profoundly broken? I wanted to run it now that I am far enough in Act 2 and want to worry less about guns, but it seemed like it still had profound issues.

• Options
    Is Monowire still profoundly broken? I wanted to run it now that I am far enough in Act 2 and want to worry less about guns, but it seemed like it still had profound issues.

I found a legendary monowire randomly and I was so excited. Then I used it and it was trash. Just outperformed in every way by the electric baton I started the game with.

I swapped it out for gorilla arms for boxing and haven't looked back.

• Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    I think the cyberwear weapons all need to be better balanced. The mantis arms and launcher start to feel anemic towards higher levels. Monowire is just bleh. Haven’t tried a build that would get much from gorilla arms yet.

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I don’t understand that. I had legendary mantis arms and was one shotting everything but the toughest bosses, which I would just wail on and stack bleed (which in turn healed me) and never felt like I needed anything stronger.

• Options
    But monowire gets 3 extra dps for each point you put into Cool! How could that not be amazing?

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I just want to embrace the Johnny Mnemonic laser whip lifestyle of my dreams but apparently nooooo or wait for a patch that shall not come.

I guess I can use pistols for at least a little while longer. Wish respecs were cheaper.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited January 2021

It's considered a blunt weapon so it gets boost from the Street Brawler tree. I don't understand why either. Not sure if it gets bonuses from Body like other blunt weapons.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    I am nearing "platinum" (im playing on pc), and I am still really loving the writing, the different endings, all the tie-ins between quests and shards, etc I'm noticing the second or third time through, etc.

The only complaint I really have is a contradiction of one of my major praises for the game. They really didn't try to stop players from becoming powerful, amazing, gods of destruction. You can get really good at so many different things, it is amazing.

Unfortunately, it does make things get really easy once a build comes together. I don't know the solution for this in a game like this, and I much prefer it to the alternative extreme, but its kind of making running through the last ending and few achievements I need a but of a joke.

For reference, I have done hack-through-walls, one-shot silenced stealth pistols, and run through everything with a shotgun; all fun (for a while), powerful, different playstyles.

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    But monowire gets 3 extra dps for each point you put into Cool! How could that not be amazing?

Is that base dps? because those scale extremely on weapons

Like "+5dps" mod raises your final weapon dps by about 100

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I don’t understand that. I had legendary mantis arms and was one shotting everything but the toughest bosses, which I would just wail on and stack bleed (which in turn healed me) and never felt like I needed anything stronger.

Yeah, with my legendary mantis blades, most things are dead in a flash. Once I get into melee range, nothing is a threat.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    Do you guys have points in blades? Because that is not my experience with the legendary mantis blades. My iconic katana kills much faster with no point investment.

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular

It's considered a blunt weapon so it gets boost from the Street Brawler tree. I don't understand why either. Not sure if it gets bonuses from Body like other blunt weapons.

Well, it is blunt.

It's just that the blunt striking surface happens to be only a molecule wide.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Do you guys have points in blades? Because that is not my experience with the legendary mantis blades. My iconic katana kills much faster with no point investment.

I have almost every blade perk. Blade skill hasn't hit 20 yet, though (but the attribute is 20).

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Aistan wrote: »

Is that base dps? because those scale extremely on weapons

Like "+5dps" mod raises your final weapon dps by about 100

I dunno, but if it did I never noticed. When I was playing my monowire stopped being useful pretty quickly and that was even a legendary version and most points into cool. Gorilla hands that I didn't even have good stats for vastly outdamaged it.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Finally beat the game.

Good game. I’m hopeful for some DLC.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I was thinking about monowire for my next character, but I had heard bad things. Also, apparently extremely hard to find.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I was thinking about monowire for my next character, but I had heard bad things. Also, apparently extremely hard to find.

I think the same ripperdoc sells all 4 legendary arm mods on the west side of the map right by the edge

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Monowire isn't bad, it's just pretty well an assassination/kill one-two dudes weapon 'cause of the charge mechanic. I don't think it's supposed to be the same sort of thing as mantis blades or whatever.

• Options
    dporowski wrote: »
    Monowire isn't bad, it's just pretty well an assassination/kill one-two dudes weapon 'cause of the charge mechanic. I don't think it's supposed to be the same sort of thing as mantis blades or whatever.

If it was required for lethal takedowns I could see it having a place maybe?

But if it's purpose is to sneak up behind people and off them V kinda already has that covered.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Fencingsax wrote: »

I've actually found a legendary one on two playthroughs, pretty close to the beginning of the game. I assume it's a static container since I found it on two different saves.
    During act one when you're restricted to Watson, near the first boxing challenge, there's a gun for hire mission with a guy extorting someone being protected by Animals. If you're facing the front of the building, you go around the left side and there's a garage door that needs a stat to open, pretty sure it's tech but it might be body. Arms are in a container in there. Closest fast travel point is Charter Street.

edit- old draft

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options

If it was required for lethal takedowns I could see it having a place maybe?

But if it's purpose is to sneak up behind people and off them V kinda already has that covered.

It's more for when you were sneaking up behind someone, and then that didn't work out so sneaky. And assumes you haven't got a silenced weapon, which I mean why wouldn't you.

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Doing a gig where I'm supposed to not kill Valentinos and grab something from a garage they own.

Forgot that my Masamune rifle doesn't have a non-lethal mod in it because I switched that to a legendary pistol.

Whoopsie daisy! At least I only killed two of them before realizing it?

On the plus side, the Valentino combat theme is the best song in the game. When shit goes sideways at the Dickie Twister, it slaps. Those poor bastards lost more choombas to my dance parties than all the other gangoons combined.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    If they wanted monowire to be for lethal sneaky takedowns it should have been used as a garrote. Sneak up, slice their head off faster than grab and kill.

Aistan on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    So how come some people are doing well with it?

What have they figured out others havent?

These are completely straight questions btw. What's going on here? Conflicting reports.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options

These are completely straight questions btw. What's going on here? Conflicting reports.

Well, it's the use case, I think. It does more damage the longer you haven't used it/been in combat, and deals less damage the more you use it in combat, charge draining per hit. Screwed up and want to take 1-3 dudes down? It's nifty, since it has a massive AE on the strong attack, possibly the normal attack as well. (I can't tell quite.) But after that, it needs to recharge, so if you try to use it to assault a building/like you would mantis blades, for prolonged open combat, you're not going to have a good time due to the charge mechanic.

So you stick a good battery in for bonus charge/capacity, and use it sparingly, it's powerful. Try to go head-on with it, it sucks.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular

Well, it's the use case, I think. It does more damage the longer you haven't used it/been in combat, and deals less damage the more you use it in combat, charge draining per hit. Screwed up and want to take 1-3 dudes down? It's nifty, since it has a massive AE on the strong attack, possibly the normal attack as well. (I can't tell quite.) But after that, it needs to recharge, so if you try to use it to assault a building/like you would mantis blades, for prolonged open combat, you're not going to have a good time due to the charge mechanic.

So you stick a good battery in for bonus charge/capacity, and use it sparingly, it's powerful. Try to go head-on with it, it sucks.

That sounds like a perfect get out of jail free card in a stealth situation.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options

I'm not saying you're wrong because I definitely didn't use it long enough to dispute that but if that's the case I had no idea that's how it was supposed to work.

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular

Woahwoah woah.
    Rogue AI? I don't think I got any cool hints like that in my playthrough. I've actually just started that questline on my second playthrough, going to pay a bit more attention this time. Because a n AI gaining real world influence by brainwashing people through their cyberware sound fucking awesome.

I always thought that questline was potentially the coolest in the game but then it just... stops. Hopefully future DLC.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    So Crafting has turned out to be disappointing. Not in terms of power but in terms of what is available in terms of fun options.

I am now level 38 and have a grand total of two useful recipes - my gun (Comrade's Hammer, lolz) and a pair of shoes. Until about ten minutes ago I had precisely ONE recipe for clothing and no clothing mod recipes at all, and I regularly check every clothing vendor I can).

I have more recipes now because I just hit crafting level 9, which only unlocks some recipes up to Rare level, when I'm wearing a full set of found epics and legendaries.

To reach level 9 crafting I had to craft a BUNCH of Legendary guns long after I got the roll I wanted - because the randomness on item crafts seems very limited, basically each recipe seems to have about 4-5 configurations it can produce (more if you include things like Shock or Burn damage but... why would you, elemental types have basically no impact on the game), so getting the 'perfect roll' is simply crafting something 5 times.

To reach the next threshold to unlock more recipes would take more time and effort investment than is really available in the game, at the current rate I'll have long completed and 100% everything before I hit it.

It's very disappointing as I was hoping to be able to play Legendary 4-slot Fashion Dress Up this run, but it doesn't look like that's going to be possible. Where my crafted 4-slot Legendary Bustiere at? Nowhere, apparently.

Spaffy on
    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Spaffy wrote: »

Woahwoah woah.
    Rogue AI? I don't think I got any cool hints like that in my playthrough. I've actually just started that questline on my second playthrough, going to pay a bit more attention this time. Because a n AI gaining real world influence by brainwashing people through their cyberware sound fucking awesome.

I always thought that questline was potentially the coolest in the game but then it just... stops. Hopefully future DLC.
    I don't know that it specifically is brainwashing them through their cyberware, or via sights and sounds in their home (via the large screens and whatnot throughout their home). Or maybe both, I don't know. Either way, it was definitely a spooky mission and I wanted more of it. I was like, "whoa, hold up.
    Arasaka'ss bad and I wanna fix this biochip situation and all, but then I want to come after whoever the fuck is behind this because that shit is straight up evil

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Spaffy wrote: »

Woahwoah woah.

I don't know that it specifically is brainwashing them through their cyberware, or via sights and sounds in their home (via the large screens and whatnot throughout their home). Or maybe both, I don't know. Either way, it was definitely a spooky mission and I wanted more of it. I was like, "whoa, hold up.
    Arasaka'ss bad and I wanna fix this biochip situation and all, but then I want to come after whoever the fuck is behind this because that shit is straight up evil
    It's through signals being emitted by devices all around the home. Mainly the TVs I think.